Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 8,508)

Showing posts 170,141 - 170,160 of224,006
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177393
Sep 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually? Most secular humanist churches have qualified.
But so have the Universal Unitarian churches, many of whom welcome atheists as members.
But these are not **atheist** churches, per say. There are none such, as atheism is simply a lack of belief in gods.
There **are** churches who require members to **be** atheists to join, however. They **always** have various lists of things they hold important beyond the basic requirement of not believing in gods, though.
It's amusing that the godbots cannot seem to understand this.
All the law is saying (US LAW) is that atheism if declared deserves the same protection under the constitution, that religion does. Therefore freedom of religion is also freedom from religion.

All this was brought up because an atheist in prison wanted to form a study group, but was denied. What the law did , was say an atheist has the right to go to the prison library on Sunday, instead of church. If you can call "study" a religion then atheist prisoners won the right to in court.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177394
Sep 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing and valid,
evangelical atheists are on a thread
It's you who ineffectually tries to defend religion on the Atheist Threads.

I notice that the religionists on the Atheist Forum all seem to be ID/Creationist supporters like yourself, i.e extremists.(I'm aware that you don't see yourself this way, but it's how I think most reasonable people who follow your comments see you). It is the non-believers here who're the moderate middle-of-the-roaders.

A moderate view is that there are no such things as gods or pixies. Religion = superstition. It's divisive and outdated.

We're simply stating the bleedin' obvious.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177395
Sep 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing and valid,
evangelical atheists are on a thread
There is no such thing.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/eva...

There are people who promote a humanist philosophy.
But that is very different than a evangelical philosophy.
In fact there is a logical contradiction in the phrase
"evangelical atheist". But of course Christianity is built on logical contradiction, so nothing new there.
You just being what you are..illogical.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177396
Sep 15, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

1

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
All the law is saying (US LAW) is that atheism if declared deserves the same protection under the constitution, that religion does. Therefore freedom of religion is also freedom from religion.
All this was brought up because an atheist in prison wanted to form a study group, but was denied. What the law did , was say an atheist has the right to go to the prison library on Sunday, instead of church. If you can call "study" a religion then atheist prisoners won the right to in court.
Freedom to exercise your non-belief is what the law says.

That "freedom from religion" is a stretch of something or other. Something a paranoid would say.

Your "freedom from religion" is construed by those paranoids to include not seeing any symbols of religion out in public. The law was not designed to trample the rights of others to accommodate nut cases.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177397
Sep 15, 2013
 
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Freedom to exercise your non-belief is what the law says.
That "freedom from religion" is a stretch of something or other. Something a paranoid would say.
Your "freedom from religion" is construed by those paranoids to include not seeing any symbols of religion out in public. The law was not designed to trample the rights of others to accommodate nut cases.
You 96 freaks to my four fleeing atheists have a right to want you to stfu. You are scaring the kids with your end of day prophesy and gloom a doom philosophy. You came up saying repent of your sins, but I did nothing to deserve your proselyting attempts and the laying on of hands to my wallet. Don't go away mad....just go away!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177398
Sep 15, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You 96 freaks to my four fleeing atheists have a right to want you to stfu. You are scaring the kids with your end of day prophesy and gloom a doom philosophy. You came up saying repent of your sins, but I did nothing to deserve your proselyting attempts and the laying on of hands to my wallet. Don't go away mad....just go away!
You must be terrified of death for that to bother you.

Most of my youth was filled with a nuclear holocaust that could occur at any time. Fingers on the button for years. Was purely secular.

You can get that sort of fear inducement watching pharmaceutical commercials.

Get right with God, Aura. You don't have much time left.
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177399
Sep 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

EdSed wrote:
<quoted text>It's you who ineffectually tries to defend religion on the Atheist Threads.
I notice that the religionists on the Atheist Forum all seem to be ID/Creationist supporters like yourself, i.e extremists.(I'm aware that you don't see yourself this way, but it's how I think most reasonable people who follow your comments see you). It is the non-believers here who're the moderate middle-of-the-roaders.
A moderate view is that there are no such things as gods or pixies. Religion = superstition. It's divisive and outdated.
We're simply stating the bleedin' obvious.
Amusing but not valid..
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177400
Sep 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You 96 freaks to my four fleeing atheists have a right to want you to stfu. You are scaring the kids with your end of day prophesy and gloom a doom philosophy. You came up saying repent of your sins, but I did nothing to deserve your proselyting attempts and the laying on of hands to my wallet. Don't go away mad....just go away!
Straw-man fallacy

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177401
Sep 15, 2013
 
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
A Church = religion. A God = Theist. You can have a religion without a God.
On the contrary... there are people who say that they are atheists who have decided to have a building that they call a church. That does not make atheism a religion, that means that the people who are wanting to have an atheist church have ignored the definition of religion and decided to do whatever it is that they want to do. No different than christian's making up their own rules, and branching off from Catholic, to church of christ, to baptist. The problem is that the definition of religion is completely contradictory to the definition of Atheism so anyone who tries to say that atheism is a religion is being clearly dishonest.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177402
Sep 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
All of these Topix atheist regulars just flat never grew up. Emotionally they are all still stuck in their adolescence.
That second link I posted did a good job of describing them.
This is not true.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177403
Sep 15, 2013
 
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
All of these Topix atheist regulars just flat never grew up. Emotionally they are all still stuck in their adolescence.
That second link I posted did a good job of describing them.
Do you also believe that all Muslims are terrorists?

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177404
Sep 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
No Atheism is a religion and you should catch up on things.
Incorrect

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177405
Sep 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be terrified of death for that to bother you.
Most of my youth was filled with a nuclear holocaust that could occur at any time. Fingers on the button for years. Was purely secular.
You can get that sort of fear inducement watching pharmaceutical commercials.
Get right with God, Aura. You don't have much time left.
You have got to be kidding me.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177406
Sep 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is still not a religion, try as much as you might to lie about it.
It just shows how deep your brainwashing has gone, that you cannot accept atheism's own definition of itself - its not a religion.
Why they can't understand this is beyond me.......the A means..NOT as in Amoral, NOT Moral...Asymmetrical.......NOT symmetrical.....Atheist....NOT theists.

Being an Atheist involves one position and one only. A lack of belief in any God or Gods. Atheists can be Republicans, Democrats, Green Party, conservatives, radicals, pro-life, and come from every walk of life. The ONLY thing Atheists have in common is their skepticism when it comes to a belief in God.

Theist..........Belief in God

Atheist.........lack of belief in God.

They can attempt to make more out of it that there is, but it just frames them as desperate, delusional, and illogical moonbats.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177407
Sep 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be terrified of death for that to bother you.
Most of my youth was filled with a nuclear holocaust that could occur at any time. Fingers on the button for years. Was purely secular.
You can get that sort of fear inducement watching pharmaceutical commercials.
Get right with God, Aura. You don't have much time left.

I'm not afraid of you, I'm afraid if you don't shut up there could be prison time involved.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177408
Sep 15, 2013
 
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Straw-man fallacy
Nope reality, you haven't changed in nearly 1000 years of your stupidity.
Christard.

Since: Sep 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177409
Sep 15, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
You have got to be kidding me.
Nelson is a coward.

He is old.

He fears death.

So he turns religious.

Pure cowardice.

Afraid to face death like a man.

And watch his response.
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177410
Sep 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nelson is a coward.
He is old.
He fears death.
So he turns religious.
Pure cowardice.
Afraid to face death like a man.
And watch his response.
Moronic post based on nothing at all
LOL

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177411
Sep 15, 2013
 
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I don't understand why one of the 10 commandments didn't deal with gullibility. "Thou shalt NOT be Gullible."
Come to think of it there is no commandment about Rape of child abuse, but the first four deal with this self-centered God of there's.
Lets replace those meaningless first 4, with:
1.) Thou shalt not be Gullible.
2.) Thou shalt commit rape.
3.) Thou shalt not abuse in anyway, a child.(oops, to bad Catholic priests)
4.) Thou shalt not be willfully ignorant. or....Thou shalt not let fear prevent you from understanding reality.
Four is a toss up, I like them both.
I like them all. How about, "Thou shall not let fear foster ignorance in that you are afraid of facing reality"....or some such;0)

Since: Sep 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#177412
Sep 15, 2013
 
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Moronic post based on nothing at all
LOL
So says greybox.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 170,141 - 170,160 of224,006
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min paddyomalley 1,078,541
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 min Junket 305,070
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 23 hr FLORIDA SWAMPER 26,640
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Jul 20 Danny 2
loan needed (Dec '13) Jul 20 Danny 4
Hairston's bounceback game highlights big day f... Jul 16 Go go d 1
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Jul 15 AnnCarter 8
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••