Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177295 Sep 13, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I watched the video and was astonished at how idiotic it was. Thanks for the very accurate analysis. This is what happens when you begin with a preconceived notion and then attempt to build everything around that preconception. In the end, to end up sounding like a complete moron.
I found it amusing how they jumped from point-to-point without a single connective thought or argument.

It was as if they picked random points from GOOGLE, and hashed them together, one after the next.

It would have been excellent satire, except that they were serious...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177296 Sep 13, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>"Yawn".....e quals...I have no idea what they are taking about, so rather than completely embarrass myself by display my unbelievable ignorance, I'll just post something I think is witty. Maybe they won't notice how I have avoided the issue. Sorry, we have. You obvious ignorance on the subject is noted!!!!!!!
Indeed. "no argument" appears to be one of the hallmarks of your typical True Believerô.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#177297 Sep 14, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I no longer have conversations with those suffering from dementia, sorry!!!
You quit talking to yourself?

Cool. That should make everyone around you feel a little more comfortable.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#177298 Sep 14, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You quit talking to yourself?
Cool. That should make everyone around you feel a little more comfortable.
Says the creationist who now chooses to hallucinate god because he took an old badly written story too seriously.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#177299 Sep 14, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no sharing. Those ancestors are long dead.
You can share an ice cream cone, you can not share a dead ancestor.
You can say great apes are DERIVED from a common ancestor.
This is what we are dealing with here, and I can't see why you waste so much time posting with them. You could agree with them on something like evolution, but if you disagree with a detail of there version of evolution. One in which THEY CAN'T PROVE. Then you fall into a group of people that disagree with them, and don't believe evolution. They are so lock step in their thinking they could not imagine a person not being in lock step. I stand by what I said and other believers in evolution say If we were from tree primates we would be much stronger, and our feet would be much different.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177300 Sep 14, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. "no argument" appears to be one of the hallmarks of your typical True Believerô.
I'll get back to you on this after I argue with someone that says the grass is purple. I am not taking your word over Stephen Hawking so give it up. It is sad you and your band of idiots babble on. The last sentence in the Hawking video told the story.

Location hidden

#177301 Sep 14, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what we are dealing with here, and I can't see why you waste so much time posting with them. You could agree with them on something like evolution, but if you disagree with a detail of there version of evolution. One in which THEY CAN'T PROVE. Then you fall into a group of people that disagree with them, and don't believe evolution. They are so lock step in their thinking they could not imagine a person not being in lock step. I stand by what I said and other believers in evolution say If we were from tree primates we would be much stronger, and our feet would be much different.
There is no "we" - you're just a failed creationist troll with no proof of god.

When you are brave enough to admit this to yourself, you'll get more respect.

Until then your cult is to be regarded as suspicious and destructive.

Location hidden

#177302 Sep 14, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Its your own stupidity that prevents you from understanding evolution. This can't really be helped.

Willful neglect of facts is a symptom of the mental illness of creationism.

Location hidden

#177303 Sep 14, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll get back to you on this after I argue with someone that says the grass is purple. I am not taking your word over Stephen Hawking so give it up. It is sad you and your band of idiots babble on. The last sentence in the Hawking video told the story.
When you're able to prove your cult isn't the massive ignorant lie that it is, you'll look less stupid in life.

Location hidden

#177304 Sep 14, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't bother reply or arguing back, because you have no evidence and are a liar when it comes to being honest about this fact.
LCNLin

United States

#177305 Sep 14, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Dealing with massive egos with no place to go other than a thread.
They are amusing as self centered people go.
Atheists proof of anything would be interesting to read.
Peace
Have a good day

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#177306 Sep 14, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Hawking didn't make that video. He had *one* quote saying that the universe had a beginning.

If you want to take the word of Stephen Hawking, then you would be an atheist as he is.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#177307 Sep 14, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Its your own stupidity that prevents you from understanding evolution. This can't really be helped.
Willful neglect of facts is a symptom of the mental illness of creationism.
Exactly. Blunt but essentially true.

Some people are superstitious, though they may be quite intelligent and successful. African governments are full of them and even the President in the USA professes to be a Christian which implies belief in an Abrahmic god who sent a prophet to Earth. Perhaps people should be more worried about that.

Religion = superstition. It's divisive and outdated.

Location hidden

#177308 Sep 14, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Dealing with massive egos with no place to go other than a thread.
They are amusing as self centered people go.
Atheists proof of anything would be interesting to read.
Peace
Have a good day
Your bitter proofless ramblings are just a creationist waste of space.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177309 Sep 14, 2013
Just a reminder. My facts are base on the words of Stephen Hawking. You bean heads with less than 4th grade reading comprehension are not worthy. Now enjoy he video, and if you are wise, celebrate, because your current beliefs suck in every detail.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177310 Sep 14, 2013
I all ready know this video is beyond your comprehension. On a higher level than the worm meat that dwells here, this would be more than enough proof, perhaps this answers why the only atheist hat are left have bad comprehension skills.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#177311 Sep 14, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I have nothing better to do.

Do I really care what they think? No.

I believe in evolving, but not in the evolution they don't understand but worship anyhow. I just posted within the last day or two about that. It is the difference between meat making the mind or the mind making the meat, but with a third party inserted. These are factory produced vehicles we inhabit and have to learn how to drive. The models change periodically to keep up with the environment. They believe these complex consciousnesses we possess are strictly the result of shit getting stirred. I do have a problem arguing with their self-appraisals as their belief is a very small minority of mankind. The production process does produce lemons.

The intelligence they exhibit seems to fall within a small range on the higher end of average. A range where they can be taught some things, but lack the ability to understand them. A unique range where a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing. This is evinced by them all reciting the same tired old "evidence" that there isn't a god or reasonable facsimile. Things they read in a book and can't develop any further on their own.

Interesting article on CNN this morning.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/09/14/hey-...

However, it is a fruitless appeal due to the reality I just described. It will take a serious disruption of their routine to ever get their minds kicked into a higher orbit.

They don't know how not to listen to the "experts" and to think for themselves.

They are a unique kind of dumb.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177312 Sep 14, 2013
The message tread "Atheism requires as much faith as religion" Watch this video Dawkins vs Lennon. wait for it, wait for it, YES!!! 1minute and 7 seconds in my unquestionable walk off home run.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177313 Sep 14, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I have nothing better to do.
Do I really care what they think? No.
I believe in evolving, but not in the evolution they don't understand but worship anyhow. I just posted within the last day or two about that. It is the difference between meat making the mind or the mind making the meat, but with a third party inserted. These are factory produced vehicles we inhabit and have to learn how to drive. The models change periodically to keep up with the environment. They believe these complex consciousnesses we possess are strictly the result of shit getting stirred. I do have a problem arguing with their self-appraisals as their belief is a very small minority of mankind. The production process does produce lemons.
The intelligence they exhibit seems to fall within a small range on the higher end of average. A range where they can be taught some things, but lack the ability to understand them. A unique range where a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing. This is evinced by them all reciting the same tired old "evidence" that there isn't a god or reasonable facsimile. Things they read in a book and can't develop any further on their own.
Interesting article on CNN this morning.
http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2013/09/14/hey-...
However, it is a fruitless appeal due to the reality I just described. It will take a serious disruption of their routine to ever get their minds kicked into a higher orbit.
They don't know how not to listen to the "experts" and to think for themselves.
They are a unique kind of dumb.
There is no question they are left behind. What makes them hopeless is I am sure they would not cooperate with the help that they do need to get. It really all evolves around that not trusting others. At least that is my opinion of why they are stuck in a lower gear.
EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#177314 Sep 14, 2013
Religion = superstition and ID/Creationism is motivated by it.
Truth will out.

https://www.google.co.uk/search...

Jonny Eve sums it up...
http://www.atheismuk.com/2012/03/31/atheism/y...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 7 min tarmo 1,119
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Tony Rome 1,115,148
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Brian_G 305,850
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Trojan 27,589
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 6 hr PieceMaker 342
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) 20 hr Carol 280
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mon El SupremoS 201,038

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE