Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 239547 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

EdSed

Hamilton, UK

#177314 Sep 14, 2013
Religion = superstition and ID/Creationism is motivated by it.
Truth will out.

https://www.google.co.uk/search...

Jonny Eve sums it up...
http://www.atheismuk.com/2012/03/31/atheism/y...
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#177315 Sep 14, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Dealing with massive egos with no place to go other than a thread.
They are amusing as self centered people go.
Atheists proof of anything would be interesting to read.
Peace
Have a good day
Ok everyone, get ready to watch the cowardly Christian run. One of two thing will happen here, there will either be NO response or rebuttal, or the response will be in the form of a personal insult, or witty comment, but NO direct response to what I am about to post. I do love it when deluded Christians like this Godbot, put their tails between their legs and run and hide like frighted little girls.

His comment.."Atheist PROOF of anything would be interesting to read" So Godbot, crack open your holy book for it is THERE you will find the proof of the God you worship murdering innocent little babies. Open to GENESIS 12:29. Here is where you will find the PROOF. Oh, and you might also want to read GENESIS 7:14 and 12:17, more murdering going on here also.

So there's your proof, right there in your own holy book, the word of God.......Now assume the position.....ready?..., tail between your legs..........start running......ready.... set........GO!!!!
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#177316 Sep 14, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
Just a reminder. My facts are base on the words of Stephen Hawking. You bean heads with less than 4th grade reading comprehension are not worthy. Now enjoy he video, and if you are wise, celebrate, because your current beliefs suck in every detail.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =1YvWaLSOOIQXX
I KNOW that comprehension is not your strongest suit, but do make an attempt to not look completely stupid here. Read post #177267.....read it over and over, just so you won't have trouble understanding it. It is here that you will discover how totally dishonest and absurd this video really is. Next look up the meaning of "Quote mine." Now get busy, remember stupid is forever. Now we don't want that do we!!!
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#177317 Sep 14, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
I all ready know this video is beyond your comprehension. On a higher level than the worm meat that dwells here, this would be more than enough proof, perhaps this answers why the only atheist hat are left have bad comprehension skills.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wHHz4mB9GKYXX
Please refer to post #177267!!!!
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#177318 Sep 14, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
The message tread "Atheism requires as much faith as religion" Watch this video Dawkins vs Lennon. wait for it, wait for it, YES!!! 1minute and 7 seconds in my unquestionable walk off home run.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =4NzFr4lM-lcXX
You're advertising your stupidity over, and over, please refer to post # 177267, just trying to help you out here, you know how it is when you see someone embarrassing themselves over and over, and you really want to help, same thing here, I am doing my best. Reread the post!!!!!

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#177319 Sep 14, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
Just a reminder. My facts are base on the words of Stephen Hawking. You bean heads with less than 4th grade reading comprehension are not worthy. Now enjoy he video, and if you are wise, celebrate, because your current beliefs suck in every detail.
Most of us listen to Hawking and consider what he said.
It doesn't mean we believe anything, it means we consider it with all other things scientific in nature. His idea's are incorporated into what we know, about the physical laws, and quantum mechanics, cosmology and out own knowledge of this reality.
You seem to have all the belief here, you "believe" him to be wrong. But you never even considered what he said could be right.

But that's what the religious do, is make the world fit to your view. While the scientifically minded adjust the vision of the world, with the evidence that shows us how it really is.
Only when forced too, and with great pain kicking and screaming clawing and biting will the religious change their conception of the world. Even when it is known to be wrong.
LCNLin

United States

#177320 Sep 14, 2013
An evangelical atheist is one who not only believes there is no God, but is obsessed with convincing everyone around them to become an atheist by posting their atheist religious belief.
Not to be confused with normal atheists/agnostics.
Teen angst in many cases....just saying.
Peace

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#177321 Sep 14, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
I all ready know this video is beyond your comprehension. On a higher level than the worm meat that dwells here, this would be more than enough proof, perhaps this answers why the only atheist hat are left have bad comprehension skills.
Yes, we do not understand quantum gravity. That said, string theory eliminates the infinities described in this video. This is a very active area of theoretical research in physics.

Now, how is that relevant to the question of the existence of a deity?

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#177322 Sep 14, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
No, your 'facts' are NOT based on the words of Hawking. The video you linked to has *one* quote from Hawking and a mess of misunderstandings surrounding it. This is the worst type of quote-mining.

Again, if you want to follow the words of Hawking, you would be an atheist, like he is. Instead, you just want to ignore the actual evidence and play to your own biases.

“The King of R&R”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#177323 Sep 14, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
This is an illegal vid, and you know it is, evangelical. Here is what Stephen Hawking truly believes:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/articl...

“The King of R&R”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#177324 Sep 14, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
An evangelical atheist is one who not only believes there is no God, but is obsessed with convincing everyone around them to become an atheist by posting their atheist religious belief.
Peace
As a freethinker, any kind of irrational thinking is upsetting. I cannot comprehend anything supernatural, i.e., tarot cards, palm reading, psychics, magic, astrology, ghosts, fortune telling, god, etc. None of them exist. If you can prove any of them are factual/proof, let me hear of it. I do not want heresay.
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#177326 Sep 14, 2013
Heaven is a ‘fairy story for people afraid of the dark’, Professor Stephen Hawking suggestd yesterday.
As well as saying there is no heaven or afterlife, the renowned scientist said that our brains switch off like ‘broken down computers’ when we die.
His comments upset some religious groups, already angry at his statement last year that the universe was not created by God.
Professor Hawking’s latest remarks came in an interview in which the theoretical physicist told how he had learnt to live in the shadow of death since being diagnosed with motor neurone disease aged 21.
The disease, which is incurable, was expected to kill him within a few years. Instead, he said, it ultimately led him to enjoy life more.
The 69-year-old Cambridge University academic said:‘I have lived with the prospect of an early death for the last 49 years.
‘I’m not afraid of death, but I’m in no hurry to die. I have so much I want to do first.
‘I regard the brain as a computer which will stop working when its components fail.
‘There is no heaven or afterlife for broken down computers; that is a fairy story for people afraid of the dark.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/articl...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177327 Sep 14, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll get back to you on this after I argue with someone that says the grass is purple. I am not taking your word over Stephen Hawking so give it up. It is sad you and your band of idiots babble on. The last sentence in the Hawking video told the story.
You have no clue **what** Hawking has said, idiot!

LOL!

In any case? I have long since proven **your** god is a myth.

Who cares about the 1000's of **other** gods that you are ATHEIST about anyway?

LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177328 Sep 14, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
I have already **demolished** this bit of lying.

The Hawking quote had **nothing** do do with it-- it was a QUOTE MINE, and he was MISSQUOTED.

Lying-- it's all you have.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177329 Sep 14, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
I have already **demolished** this bit of lying.

The Hawking quote had **nothing** do do with it-- it was a QUOTE MINE, and he was MISSQUOTED.

Lying-- it's all you have.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#177330 Sep 14, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You don’t know much about the interent do you? there is ALWAYS a virus risk if clicking a link supplied by someone you do not trust
Wrong, it is considerably more fact than belief in a bronze age ideal with no evidence to back it up. When you can disprove E=MC^2 only then can you honestly say that atheism is not fact. But hey, you are christian so when has honesty ever come into your belief.
Can you provide evidence that suggest we do posses a soul?
Of course we rejoice, that physics, nature and time can combine to create such wonders as an entire universe and all it holds.
Note, I have done a fair bit of research into the babble and the period of JC, you may laugh but I was once christian myself but that’s another story. That research lead me to help compile material that has been used as a basis for at least 5 books. Honey, I know what you are trying to make non believers belief. Sorry, an unprovable falsehood based on the superstition of bronze age man and a god child based on terrorism and lies is not the way to go, it may suite your limited comprehension of life but that’s up to you.
Because someone did ask me politely to answer this post, I will. I all ready have but not directly to this post. Dr Michael Newton wrote two books Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls. With in those two books Atheism and a few other religious groups are not only capable of contacting their souls, it is dangerous for them to partake in a Past Life Regression or any other exercise that contact with the soul could be achieved. I would tell you to read The Power of Now. But the answer to your question is "no" I could only prove this to myself, as many others have. I do honestly believe there are thought possessing creatures such as humans in this universe and others that do not have souls. Proving one has a soul is just for the person that follows exercises. The person that recognizes a yearning feeling.

I request people spare me the lemons because I was asked to answer this. It is clearly off topic.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#177331 Sep 14, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
Peace
Bitter creationist trolls fighting a losing battle everyday.

Thats what happens when you lie to generations and spread your destructive cults through hate and fear.

Location hidden

#177332 Sep 14, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Because someone did ask me politely to answer this post, I will. I all ready have but not directly to this post. Dr Michael Newton wrote two books Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls. With in those two books Atheism and a few other religious groups are not only capable of contacting their souls, it is dangerous for them to partake in a Past Life Regression or any other exercise that contact with the soul could be achieved. I would tell you to read The Power of Now. But the answer to your question is "no" I could only prove this to myself, as many others have. I do honestly believe there are thought possessing creatures such as humans in this universe and others that do not have souls. Proving one has a soul is just for the person that follows exercises. The person that recognizes a yearning feeling.
I request people spare me the lemons because I was asked to answer this. It is clearly off topic.
People who lie about god being real don't really have worthwhile opinions about anything.

Yet they are the ones who wants to share their stupidity the most.

Location hidden

#177333 Sep 14, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You're two-faced people. The only reason you are here is to convert atheists by lying about god, science and atheism.

There is no other reason for you to be in this forum. Your mental illness is a shame on humanity, and atheists are the victims.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177334 Sep 14, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Past Life Regression?

The only thing more bullshit is homeopathy!

LOL!

You are so beyond the label "crazy" that we need a new one.

Seriously-- "past life regression" has **long** since been proven fraud.

Hypnotic suggestion is all that it ever is and was.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min USAsince1680 1,235,009
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr TerryE 5,661
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr tom wingo 29,769
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 15 hr cpeter1313 309,954
News Former UConn Player Pleads Guilty -- Courant.com (Oct '07) 20 hr tom wingo 22
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Fri Pietro Armando 201,811
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... May 25 Timotion 7
More from around the web