Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 8,499)

Showing posts 169,961 - 169,980 of223,129
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
This comes from a cowardly creationist who denies fossils.
Mr Hawking nor myself denies evolution. I do disagree with some details others have, that THEY CAN'T PROVE. The monkey in the middle. If we came from a tree primate. 1. Our feet would be much different then they are. 2. We would be so much more stronger and faster. We'd be able to beat the 50 pound monkey that could rip us to shreds. You are a fool for trying to put words in my mouth or thoughts in my head. As Orwell claimed you would, worm meat.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr Hawking nor myself denies evolution. I do disagree with some details others have, that THEY CAN'T PROVE. The monkey in the middle. If we came from a tree primate. 1. Our feet would be much different then they are. 2. We would be so much more stronger and faster. We'd be able to beat the 50 pound monkey that could rip us to shreds. You are a fool for trying to put words in my mouth or thoughts in my head. As Orwell claimed you would, worm meat.
idiot theist who denies the fact of evolution.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
dna evidence sh*ts on your cults erroneous opinion.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/12/tech/innovation...

Voyager has left the premises.

Read about the plasma densities and magnetic fields and the carrying of the fields.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
" It postulates that 12 to 14 billion years ago, the portion of the universe we can see today was only a few millimeters across."
http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/universe/bb_theory.h...
That's NASA, not Polymath.
So how did you get from a volume of millimeters to billions of light years in a flash without a leading edge? Other than magic.
The portion of the universe *we can see today*. There is more to the universe than what we can see today. The region we can see today was millimeters across at that point. The whole universe was larger.

There was no leading edge because every place in the universe looks the same at any given time. This is fundamental in the model.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
No dice home slice that was Stephen Hawking, enough said.
And he was right. The universe (meaning the current expansion phase) had a beginning. That beginning was also when time began. So there was no 'time before the Big Bang'. Check to see what Hawking said in more detail.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
That was Stephen Hawkins, did you catch the last paragraph. What's up stupid. You could deny forever
Did you notice that Hawking is an atheist? He would not agree with the reasoning in that video.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you notice that Hawking is an atheist? He would not agree with the reasoning in that video.
I do agree he is, even though he side steps the question. That is what makes that video a slam dunk. The Hawking debate will all ways be there, was he an atheist, or was he keeping his sponsors happy? I off course will take the man for his word.

The debate on Christian creationism vs Atheism and God and evolution vs Atheism is two different animals. The bloggers here are left behind.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Hate speech, noted...and reported.
Please. Do.

Funny-- I have **never** got any kind of notice; from what I've read about Topix, if a post **is** reported?

The author gets a notice...

... interesting.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

every game wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew my post had the power to anger you. It's so easy.
Nope-- I am **laughing** at you every day.

You are **that** ludicrous.

Even your Jewsus(jesus)(were he real) would be **laughing** at your hateful efforts.

Seriously.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

every game wrote:
<quoted text>
Inability to refute reported.
Nope-- you lied-- I was not reported.

Why do you lie?

Oh!

Because you must-- lying is all you have.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Not sure Bob, I remember thinking it was a very nice quote and wrote it down. Very true isn't it!!!
Yep.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because your statement is too stupid to be worthy of a response. The fact you go on, is the difference between you being an idiot, and being a stubborn idiot.
Nothing in the above? Constitutes an actual argument.

But there is plenty of belittling and name-calling.

Sad.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing that has been provable in this tread is your third grade reading comprehension if that. I would love to see how much spell check saves you. After noting your failed reading comprehension I should expect something as stupid as "Religion has never had any interest in science."
Nothing in the above? Constitutes an actual argument.

But there is plenty of belittling and name-calling.

Sad.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
That was Stephen Hawkins, did you catch the last paragraph. What's up stupid. You could deny forever
Do you know what a QUOTE MINE is?

No?

Google it-- using a **PARTIAL**QUOTE** of Stephen Hawkings is LYING.

It's what you do.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Stephen "The World's Smartest Man" Hawking, in your face loser. Now give me your duh duh duh response denier.
Taking a snippet of something someone says, and then making that snippet SEEM TO SAY THE EXACT OPPOSITE?

Is a LIE. It's called "quote mining".

It's what your lying video did.

You are a liar.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
It does make the victory so much sweeter. Little Red Bobbing Hood could not take my word for it, that Mr Hawking, and I admit at first I did spell his name wrong. Admitted that it could not be proven god does not exist. Babbling Bob is so stupid even after Cambridge's highest professor, the keeper of The Chair, has set him straight. He says "that's not proof." What a dolt.
Nope. Your lying video used QUOTE MINES.

But I see your name-calling continues.

And you? You did not win-- you lost, and badly.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Your video? Was a flat lie-- by using a short snippet, it LIED.

That is what you are doing above-- you are LYING.

It's what you do best.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
And he was right. The universe (meaning the current expansion phase) had a beginning. That beginning was also when time began. So there was no 'time before the Big Bang'. Check to see what Hawking said in more detail.
It clearly says energy exist before The Universe. Energy being God. Don't confuse this with when Hawking and others say there was no human form, that Christians worship as God. Even after making such a statement. That can not be proven wrong. I continue to tell you I am not Christian, however I can't tell Christians I can prove they are wrong about God. Some of the details of wiser atheist than the ones that post here, I do agree with. They attack details of the scripture. In some cases it is misunderstanding. With in the scripture itself is warning of false prophets. There really are good people out there that do break down and analyze the writings. I think what you have here is a "I can deny anything and everything cult."

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I do agree he is, even though he side steps the question. That is what makes that video a slam dunk. The Hawking debate will all ways be there, was he an atheist, or was he keeping his sponsors happy? I off course will take the man for his word.
The debate on Christian creationism vs Atheism and God and evolution vs Atheism is two different animals. The bloggers here are left behind.
Indeed-- you **are** left behind.

Your lying video uses quote-mines to LIE.

It's a classic True Believerô lying technique.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 169,961 - 169,980 of223,129
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min TSM 1,072,054
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 46 min Junket 304,895
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- 15 hr Sophia 7
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Thu PEE PEE PETE 26,611
Do you need a loan of any kind?we will be very ... (Aug '13) Jul 7 mutedo 2
Best Logo in the America East Jul 3 Mike Sivo 1
Antwon White - Guilty (Sep '07) Jul 2 the system smh 21
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••