Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#177134 Sep 11, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
These are very stupid Atheist. I think the average atheist would have just left this tread alone. They would understand the ideas of this video below and choose another place to debate the theist.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =1YvWaLSOOIQXX
Youre OFF TOPIC, Bobby,,

dont you have ANY life?
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#177135 Sep 11, 2013
every game wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see exactly why you are going to Hell.
And no, this is not a hate speech. It is a speech revealing how ugly and wicked you are as a worthless person.
are you still angry bc you cant prove god?

or bc you dont have any friends.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#177136 Sep 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably think that is a witty question to ask. That is something you would have to ask yourself, not me. You are the one stuck on a god working that way, I'm not. Perhaps you are use to hearing voices, I myself would never trust a voice in my head.
I will ask you a question. If you had an adult son and you were out with him, and he got into an altercation with someone, would you kill him if he pulled a knife or gun with the intent of killing that other person just out of anger? There is no threat to his life. Would you kill your own to protect another human being?
I didn't think that was a "witty" question... just a question actually. I'm not stuck on anything actually. In the old testament it's written that god asked his followers to kill their children so it's not a question of whether or not a christian god works that way... the christian god does work that way. lol...I do not hear voices, as I'm sure you don't either as you stated. However that does raise the question of how you "hear" your god "speak" to you. My question to you however still stands, If your god asked you to kill your children or a stranger, would you?

If I'm understanding you correctly... your question to me was... If I had an adult male son who was attempting to murder someone for no good reason and I was a witness to that, would I kill my son in order to save that persons life? I don't have any kids, but I think if put in that situation I would probably try everything that I could to stop my son without killing him. I would not want to kill my child, but I would also not want the other person to be harmed especially if there was no threat to my son from them.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#177137 Sep 11, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes... we know you have zero counter-argument here.
My point is valid: religion is the **opposite** of science.
Science seeks to **understand** the universe.
Religion seeks to re-fabricate it in it's wish-fulfillment image-- and will **deny** any and all facts that contradict religion's claims.
The two cannot co-exist peacefully-- religion will **always** be forced to **deny** science, as science proves over and over, that religion is just a big lie.
"Religious beliefs denigrates the power of human understanding whereas science elevates it."
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#177138 Sep 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes... he does not "do" arguments.
The entirety of his posting-style is to belittle, name-call and scream "IS NOT" over and over.
Apparently he's not intelligent enough to carry on any kind of dialog. I do see the trend you are speaking of. He has no position on anything, no argument, no rational rebuttal, nothing!!!! Don't you think it s kind of pointless to come to a site like this ill prepared to engage in any kind of meaningful dialog?

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#177139 Sep 11, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a disgusting display of your personality. You should be ashamed.
A psychiatrist would have a field day with him....abnormal psychology that is ;0)

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177140 Sep 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>"Religious beliefs denigrates the power of human understanding whereas science elevates it."
Nice quote... who said it?

:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177141 Sep 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently he's not intelligent enough to carry on any kind of dialog. I do see the trend you are speaking of. He has no position on anything, no argument, no rational rebuttal, nothing!!!! Don't you think it s kind of pointless to come to a site like this ill prepared to engage in any kind of meaningful dialog?
Indeed it is pointless.

But pointlessness is one of the hallmarks of a True Believer™.

... what with their god being just a delusion and all.

:)

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#177142 Sep 11, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Youre OFF TOPIC, Bobby,,
dont you have ANY life?
Don't you love how these youtube clips use a few quotes and spin them anyway they wish....context ignored.

Mainline theists don't have the faintest clue what "god" means to a man like Hawking or Einstein for that matter. It's hard to grasp that an abstract principle of order and harmony can be considered a god versus the interested supernatural entity that supposedly knows the number of hairs on your head.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177143 Sep 11, 2013
albtraum wrote:
... the interested supernatural entity that supposedly knows the number of hairs on your head.
Who apparently has an obsession with both foreskins and your diet....

... along with the composition of your clothing.\

Clueless, the whole lot.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#177144 Sep 11, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>A psychiatrist would have a field day with him....abnormal psychology that is ;0)
Agreed :-)

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#177145 Sep 11, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
How can anyone get confused about the definition of compassion????
Apparently it's quite easy for lisping old perverts.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/09/rich...

:p

Location hidden

#177146 Sep 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Hate speech from a Genuine Christian™, displays his "love".
<quoted text>
More "love" from a Genuine Christian™
<quoted text>
You **are** a moron-- you don't even recognize sarcasm when you see it.
You live a sad little narrow-minded life-- a wasted one.
Hate speech, noted...and reported.

Location hidden

#177147 Sep 11, 2013
<quoted text>
The above video is not in any way, shape or form, an argument.
Nor does it support you in any way. Naturally.
<quoted text>
That is so YOU! At least you admit it when you are being an azzhole.
Hate speech, noted and reported.

Location hidden

#177148 Sep 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Silly boy!
You look stupid **regardless** of who you reply to!
LOL!
Hate speech, noted and reported.
Thinking

UK

#177152 Sep 12, 2013
I'm sorry to hear you have a speech impediment.
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently it's quite easy for lisping old perverts.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/09/rich...
:p

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#177153 Sep 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You're bitter.
Your posts reek of it.
Nope, you simply misinterpret based on deliberate ignorance, it’s all we can expect from a godbot davesworlder…

I feel quite sorry for you sometimes, you have been known to show some spark of acumen however you spoil it with your inability to accept criticism and you being incapable of comprehending that other people are not subject to davesworld stupidity

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#177157 Sep 12, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you simply misinterpret based on deliberate ignorance, it’s all we can expect from a godbot davesworlder…
I feel quite sorry for you sometimes, you have been known to show some spark of acumen however you spoil it with your inability to accept criticism and you being incapable of comprehending that other people are not subject to davesworld stupidity
Who are you or, others, to criticize, Christine? Especially when those criticisms are so emotion based.

Go back and read your older postings on occasion.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#177158 Sep 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you or, others, to criticize, Christine? Especially when those criticisms are so emotion based.
Go back and read your older postings on occasion.
Nope those criticisms are based simply on zero tolerance for your deliberate ignorance born of davesworld stupidity and of course you obvious and antiquated penchant for chauvinism.

Your fragile emotions are seriously effected by such criticism and hence the projection but hey, this is the real world and this is a PUBLIC thread. Have you ever considered the concept of a PUBLIC thread? Or perhaps you would prefer something more private where only people who agree with your chauvinistic mentality and davesworld stupidity lurk?

And why do you want me to go back and read what I have written, are you trying to waste my time as you waist every one else’s? You want to highlight something I posted then I suggest you provide links to that post and don’t rely on others to do your work for you.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#177159 Sep 12, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope those criticisms are based simply on zero tolerance for your deliberate ignorance born of davesworld stupidity and of course you obvious and antiquated penchant for chauvinism.
Your fragile emotions are seriously effected by such criticism and hence the projection but hey, this is the real world and this is a PUBLIC thread. Have you ever considered the concept of a PUBLIC thread? Or perhaps you would prefer something more private where only people who agree with your chauvinistic mentality and davesworld stupidity lurk?
And why do you want me to go back and read what I have written, are you trying to waste my time as you waist every one else’s? You want to highlight something I posted then I suggest you provide links to that post and don’t rely on others to do your work for you.
One of your typical emotional rants. Again.

It's waste, not waist. Getting fat?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Pearl Jam 305,613
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr Grey Ghost 1,109,989
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 4 hr Cali Girl 2014 200,963
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr PEE PEE PETE 27,390
Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... Sep 12 Brew In 1
Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... Sep 11 Mike Williams 1
ACC Tournament 2014: Biggest Storylines to Watc... (Mar '14) Sep 11 Anonymous 2
•••
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••