Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#177142 Sep 11, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Youre OFF TOPIC, Bobby,,
dont you have ANY life?
Don't you love how these youtube clips use a few quotes and spin them anyway they wish....context ignored.

Mainline theists don't have the faintest clue what "god" means to a man like Hawking or Einstein for that matter. It's hard to grasp that an abstract principle of order and harmony can be considered a god versus the interested supernatural entity that supposedly knows the number of hairs on your head.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177143 Sep 11, 2013
albtraum wrote:
... the interested supernatural entity that supposedly knows the number of hairs on your head.
Who apparently has an obsession with both foreskins and your diet....

... along with the composition of your clothing.\

Clueless, the whole lot.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#177144 Sep 11, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>A psychiatrist would have a field day with him....abnormal psychology that is ;0)
Agreed :-)

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#177145 Sep 11, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
How can anyone get confused about the definition of compassion????
Apparently it's quite easy for lisping old perverts.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/09/rich...

:p

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#177146 Sep 11, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate speech from a Genuine Christian™, displays his "love".
<quoted text>
More "love" from a Genuine Christian™
<quoted text>
You **are** a moron-- you don't even recognize sarcasm when you see it.
You live a sad little narrow-minded life-- a wasted one.
Hate speech, noted...and reported.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#177147 Sep 11, 2013
<quoted text>
The above video is not in any way, shape or form, an argument.
Nor does it support you in any way. Naturally.
<quoted text>
That is so YOU! At least you admit it when you are being an azzhole.
Hate speech, noted and reported.

“The Intrepid”

Location hidden

#177148 Sep 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Silly boy!
You look stupid **regardless** of who you reply to!
LOL!
Hate speech, noted and reported.
Thinking

UK

#177152 Sep 12, 2013
I'm sorry to hear you have a speech impediment.
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently it's quite easy for lisping old perverts.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/09/rich...
:p

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#177153 Sep 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You're bitter.
Your posts reek of it.
Nope, you simply misinterpret based on deliberate ignorance, it’s all we can expect from a godbot davesworlder…

I feel quite sorry for you sometimes, you have been known to show some spark of acumen however you spoil it with your inability to accept criticism and you being incapable of comprehending that other people are not subject to davesworld stupidity

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#177157 Sep 12, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you simply misinterpret based on deliberate ignorance, it’s all we can expect from a godbot davesworlder…
I feel quite sorry for you sometimes, you have been known to show some spark of acumen however you spoil it with your inability to accept criticism and you being incapable of comprehending that other people are not subject to davesworld stupidity
Who are you or, others, to criticize, Christine? Especially when those criticisms are so emotion based.

Go back and read your older postings on occasion.

#177158 Sep 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you or, others, to criticize, Christine? Especially when those criticisms are so emotion based.
Go back and read your older postings on occasion.
Nope those criticisms are based simply on zero tolerance for your deliberate ignorance born of davesworld stupidity and of course you obvious and antiquated penchant for chauvinism.

Your fragile emotions are seriously effected by such criticism and hence the projection but hey, this is the real world and this is a PUBLIC thread. Have you ever considered the concept of a PUBLIC thread? Or perhaps you would prefer something more private where only people who agree with your chauvinistic mentality and davesworld stupidity lurk?

And why do you want me to go back and read what I have written, are you trying to waste my time as you waist every one else’s? You want to highlight something I posted then I suggest you provide links to that post and don’t rely on others to do your work for you.

Location hidden

#177159 Sep 12, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope those criticisms are based simply on zero tolerance for your deliberate ignorance born of davesworld stupidity and of course you obvious and antiquated penchant for chauvinism.
Your fragile emotions are seriously effected by such criticism and hence the projection but hey, this is the real world and this is a PUBLIC thread. Have you ever considered the concept of a PUBLIC thread? Or perhaps you would prefer something more private where only people who agree with your chauvinistic mentality and davesworld stupidity lurk?
And why do you want me to go back and read what I have written, are you trying to waste my time as you waist every one else’s? You want to highlight something I posted then I suggest you provide links to that post and don’t rely on others to do your work for you.
One of your typical emotional rants. Again.

It's waste, not waist. Getting fat?
Thinking

UK

#177160 Sep 12, 2013
Thin people also have waists, you waster.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>

#177161 Sep 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope just a comment that you are using your disturbed mind to interpret as emotion.

Yeh well, as far as I’m concerned (and my spell checker) it spelled correctly so it will do for me. Just because you are an honorary member of the pedantic godbot brigade who will not let his emotion admit that some people have disability is not my problem.

Tell me, is you finger working properly now?

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#177162 Sep 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are confused about the difference between obedience to men and obedience to a deity.
Either way, it is giving up moral judgment to another. That is immoral.
You are also confused about compassion.
And why would you think that? Compassion is the ability to put yourself in the shoes of another and understand their perspective. That is the basis of morality. It isn't everything, but it is the basis. You also have to think for yourself and understand the consequences of your actions. That makes the two central moral rules: think and care.
You have too many morality issues to be a truly objective scientist. You observe and measure by your own yardstick. It isn't calibrated to the greater reality.
And how do you 'calibrate to the greater reality'(whatever that means)? How do you know when you are correctly calibrated?

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#177163 Sep 12, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
If you could spare 1 minute and 50 seconds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =1YvWaLSOOIQXX
There are many mistakes in this short video. The first is when it claims that nothing can come from nothing. This is known to be false becaus3e of quantum mechanics: it is actually quite common for particl3es to be formed out of exactly nothing.

The second is the claim that there must have been something before the universe because the universe had a beginning. That is false because time itself began with the universe. Without time, there could be no 'before'.

The third problem is that the video incorrectly describes the first law of thermodynamics. Instead of claiming that energy is eternal, it merely says that the total energy at one time has to be the same as the total energy at any other time. In other words, energy and time are co-existent.

In particular, if time had a beginning, that beginning was the same as the beginning of energy and the universe.

Further, the law of conservation of energy says that the total energy balance *of the universe* is constant. In particular, any energy transfer *into* the universe would be a violation of that law. Your video proposes just such a transfer, so it is in direct contradiction to the very law it claims as support.

Finally, it claims that anyone who does not agree with the failed argument is just being stubborn, instead of actually being interested in the *correct* applications of the known laws of physics. Since it gets so many particulars wrong in ways that directly affect the argument, this is simply rank dishonesty.
While on youtube you may enjoy this one too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Church lady was wonderful!

Location hidden

#177164 Sep 12, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope just a comment that you are using your disturbed mind to interpret as emotion.
Yeh well, as far as I’m concerned (and my spell checker) it spelled correctly so it will do for me. Just because you are an honorary member of the pedantic godbot brigade who will not let his emotion admit that some people have disability is not my problem.
Tell me, is you finger working properly now?
My damaged fingers do forget what they are attached to. They are still in school and learning physics and obedience training.

I will confess I read that wrong. I was on another computer not in an optimal location. Perhaps it was my clairvoyance that made me read it wrong. I do know you lost your girlish figure, you are that age, and such things can get to a girl. It's a funnymental fact of life. Perhaps that is why you can be such a bitch. Not all your fault.

But look on the bright side, love. As you get older and wealthier you will find young men, gay and straight, and young women, also, that will find you irresistible, and oh so wise. Especially around those spas you will be spending much more time at. Another funnymental fact of life.

A poochy gut and flatter as* is normal, but at least you shouldn't get hairy ears.

:-)

Location hidden

#177165 Sep 12, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Either way, it is giving up moral judgment to another. That is immoral.
<quoted text>
And why would you think that? Compassion is the ability to put yourself in the shoes of another and understand their perspective. That is the basis of morality. It isn't everything, but it is the basis. You also have to think for yourself and understand the consequences of your actions. That makes the two central moral rules: think and care.
<quoted text>
And how do you 'calibrate to the greater reality'(whatever that means)? How do you know when you are correctly calibrated?
When you know you just think you know and you know you don't "know". You just follow paths that seem right at the time.

Will keep you off atheist forums claiming you know there ain't.:-)

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#177166 Sep 12, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
When you know you just think you know and you know you don't "know". You just follow paths that seem right at the time.
Which is a good start. The next level comes when you start to *test* your ideas to see whether they work to predict new events. By repeated testing while attempting to prove your ideas *wrong*, you can gain more confidence that they are *right*. This is an ongoing process and is the basis of the scientific method.
Will keep you off atheist forums claiming you know there ain't.:-)
Most atheists don't claim an *absolute* knowledge. They do claim that the evidence is insufficient to demonstrate the existence of deities.
LCNLin

United States

#177167 Sep 12, 2013
Testing atheism and come up with the usual emotional dodges, mumbo jumbo, and amusing posts

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr Trojan 28,494
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 hr Yeah 1,156,210
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr feces for jesus 307,110
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... 8 hr yinefsfgd 3
What role do you think humans play in global wa... Sat Earthling-1 2,741
Should child beauty pageants be banned? Fri zubedaanur 693
UConn vs. Duke Monday night 9pm ESPN2 Dec 25 ivyawe 1
More from around the web