Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
Thinking

UK

#177112 Sep 11, 2013
Never mix crossplys with radials.
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the average atheist would have just left this tread alone.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177113 Sep 11, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I've seen some of your gang, Muttonchops, and I'd rather hang with attractive freaks than the so-called "normal" dogs you sniff butts with.
Oh looky! My stalker is attempting to make a comment...

... as if anyone gives a rat's fart **what** she pretends to think.

How cute.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177114 Sep 11, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what blacklagoon does when he or she has been check mated. It's just an attempt to win a debate.
The above? Is not an argument, fact or point.

Just whining and belittling of the poster instead.

It's your only move, it seems.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177115 Sep 11, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
he statement is so stupid "Religion has no interest in science" is so stupid it is not worthy of a counter. You should just not be talking about this until you do some serious reading.
Yes... we know you have zero counter-argument here.

My point is valid: religion is the **opposite** of science.

Science seeks to **understand** the universe.

Religion seeks to re-fabricate it in it's wish-fulfillment image-- and will **deny** any and all facts that contradict religion's claims.

The two cannot co-exist peacefully-- religion will **always** be forced to **deny** science, as science proves over and over, that religion is just a big lie.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177116 Sep 11, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
If you could spare 1 minute and 50 seconds
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =1YvWaLSOOIQXX
The above video is not in any way, shape or form, an argument.

Nor does it support you in any way. Naturally.
Robert Stevens wrote:
While on youtube you may enjoy this one too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
That is so YOU! At least you admit it when you are being an azzhole.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177117 Sep 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>"Not only will I tell you it is false." This is your statement after I pointed out that the God of the bible murders little babies. I then pointed out to you the PFOOF, and since that time.....no response from you. You said my accusations were false, I proved to you they were true, and this you call "Checkmate." Do you really enjoy making yourself look stupid?.....I guess so!!!!
Yes... he does not "do" arguments.

The entirety of his posting-style is to belittle, name-call and scream "IS NOT" over and over.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177118 Sep 11, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to admit, paying any attention to your post here did make me look stupid.
Silly boy!

You look stupid **regardless** of who you reply to!

LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177119 Sep 11, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say no, and suggest you do some reading. I could understand not liking religion, I, myself am a Pagan. You have to stay true to the discussion. Religion itself is a science. Throughout the years well educated people have gathered, and researched for advancement. I find it od to read people post, that have such a scornful hatred for religion. I would say it was blinding them, but I don't have that high of an opinion for these haters. I think they are idiots that think they know everything. The belief in knowing everything is a common cause of being stupid.
Is anything in the above provable or an actual... argument?

No?

Interesting.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177120 Sep 11, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
These are very stupid Atheist. I think the average atheist would have just left this tread alone. They would understand the ideas of this video below and choose another place to debate the theist.
The video is bullshit.

It's very first point? Wrong-- it's the same bullshit "you cannot create something from nothing" non-argument.

The Big Bang does not **claim** "something from nothing".

That is a strawman religious bullshit ploy-- and it IGNORES a fatal flaw:

From whence came their god, if you cannot make something from nothing?

If they can excuse their god as "always was" then so can we-- the universe always was in one shape or another.

The video it bullshit-- just like you.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177121 Sep 11, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Never mix crossplys with radials.
<quoted text>
Nor do you want mud tread on one side, and highway tread on the other-- weird steering and wonky braking performance.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#177126 Sep 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide your basis of moral superiority for passing moral judgement on a deity that created us in its image. Where did you get that higher morality?
If your god asked you to kill your children or even just a stranger...would you do it?

Location hidden

#177127 Sep 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are confused about the difference between obedience to men and obedience to a deity.
You are also confused about compassion. You have too many morality issues to be a truly objective scientist. You observe and measure by your own yardstick. It isn't calibrated to the greater reality.
How can anyone get confused about the definition of compassion????

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#177129 Sep 11, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
If your god asked you to kill your children or even just a stranger...would you do it?
You probably think that is a witty question to ask. That is something you would have to ask yourself, not me. You are the one stuck on a god working that way, I'm not. Perhaps you are use to hearing voices, I myself would never trust a voice in my head.

I will ask you a question. If you had an adult son and you were out with him, and he got into an altercation with someone, would you kill him if he pulled a knife or gun with the intent of killing that other person just out of anger? There is no threat to his life. Would you kill your own to protect another human being?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177130 Sep 11, 2013
every game wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the ugly behavior of the typical unfriendly atheist.
Hate speech from a Genuine Christian™, displays his "love".
every game wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for showing us all how ugly and childish an atheist can be.
More "love" from a Genuine Christian™
every game wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Bob, you are an idiot because Bob says that Satan doesn't exist. Bob says you are delusional for following Satan.
I wonder why Bob won't actually say this himself? Hypocrisy?
You **are** a moron-- you don't even recognize sarcasm when you see it.

You live a sad little narrow-minded life-- a wasted one.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#177131 Sep 11, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
How can anyone get confused about the definition of compassion????
You'll have to give Dave a break.

He's....let's say....robotic?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177132 Sep 11, 2013
every game wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see exactly why you are going to Hell.
And no, this is not a hate speech. It is a speech revealing how ugly and wicked you are as a worthless person.
Hate speech duly noted. And reported.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#177133 Sep 11, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor do you want mud tread on one side, and highway tread on the other-- weird steering and wonky braking performance.
Four big mud tires three shotgun shells 2 hunting dogs...
And some parts to a mustang gt.
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#177134 Sep 11, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
These are very stupid Atheist. I think the average atheist would have just left this tread alone. They would understand the ideas of this video below and choose another place to debate the theist.
Youre OFF TOPIC, Bobby,,

dont you have ANY life?
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#177135 Sep 11, 2013
every game wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see exactly why you are going to Hell.
And no, this is not a hate speech. It is a speech revealing how ugly and wicked you are as a worthless person.
are you still angry bc you cant prove god?

or bc you dont have any friends.

Location hidden

#177136 Sep 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably think that is a witty question to ask. That is something you would have to ask yourself, not me. You are the one stuck on a god working that way, I'm not. Perhaps you are use to hearing voices, I myself would never trust a voice in my head.
I will ask you a question. If you had an adult son and you were out with him, and he got into an altercation with someone, would you kill him if he pulled a knife or gun with the intent of killing that other person just out of anger? There is no threat to his life. Would you kill your own to protect another human being?
I didn't think that was a "witty" question... just a question actually. I'm not stuck on anything actually. In the old testament it's written that god asked his followers to kill their children so it's not a question of whether or not a christian god works that way... the christian god does work that way. lol...I do not hear voices, as I'm sure you don't either as you stated. However that does raise the question of how you "hear" your god "speak" to you. My question to you however still stands, If your god asked you to kill your children or a stranger, would you?

If I'm understanding you correctly... your question to me was... If I had an adult male son who was attempting to murder someone for no good reason and I was a witness to that, would I kill my son in order to save that persons life? I don't have any kids, but I think if put in that situation I would probably try everything that I could to stop my son without killing him. I would not want to kill my child, but I would also not want the other person to be harmed especially if there was no threat to my son from them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min shinningelectr0n 1,124,602
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 min SevenTee 306,207
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 22 min RisaRainbow 201,189
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 42 min CPEM 27,895
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 1 hr black man1 1,478
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 15 hr Becky 437
Get your Gator Jamberry Nail Wraps Oct 16 jambycatherine 1

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE