Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#177088 Sep 11, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Morality is derived from compassion, not obedience to a deity.
You are confused about the difference between obedience to men and obedience to a deity.

You are also confused about compassion. You have too many morality issues to be a truly objective scientist. You observe and measure by your own yardstick. It isn't calibrated to the greater reality.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177089 Sep 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>That figures as it is a proven fact Non-believers have hight I.Q's than believers. They probably modeled the show based on that fact.
Well....

... it's principle writer **is** an atheist, after all.

That's why the show is actually.... funny.

:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177090 Sep 11, 2013
nelom wrote:
black people getting enslaved by whites And native Americans note ven knowing About jesus till whites came to America is Already proof that God ain't real..

in Addition to how other sets of whites worshipped other gods or no gods .. during the same time period Anyway..
An excellent point: out of the entire planet of millions of people (back, approximately 2000 years ago) this "one true god" chooses a tiny place that is populated almost exclusively with ... goat herders...

... and **that** is where he chose to deliver his "message"?

At the same time? China had an amazingly advanced civilization already....

... hmmmm.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177091 Sep 11, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not even worthy of being posted once. It is just stupid.
Once more? You cannot muster up counter-argument.

So you use your "skill" at name-calling instead.

Classic.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177092 Sep 11, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a lot of reading to do. You are worse than I expected you to be. I do recall when atheist knew what they were talking about. You really have no idea how clueless you are. The claim "Religion has no interest in science" is so wrong. It's not worthy of an answer besides you should not post about religion, science or history, until you do some further reading.
Again?

You call me names-- you criticize ME, PERSONALLY.

BUT YOU OFFER ZERO ARGUMENTS OF ANY KIND.

You just say... "IS NOT! IS NOT! IS NOT!" over and over...

Your lame "It's not worthy of an answer" IS AN ADMISSION YOU DO NOT HAVE AN ACTUAL...

... ANSWER.

<laughing my azz off at you>

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177093 Sep 11, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to do a lot of reading before you continue. I actually do think you are a theist, that post as an atheist, to make satire of atheism
More personal attack.

More chances for you to post... an ARGUMENT.

More FAILURE to do so.

Classic.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177094 Sep 11, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Pointing out you need to do some research on this topic, is not hateful.
Are you still claiming, that you could prove there is no God? And I mean prove, not present a theory.
More personal attack.

More FAILURE to produce an ARGUMENT.

As for your last?

I have already proved your god isn't real.

1) quantum physics and relativity prove that an **omniscient** god is impossible-- such a being would collapse the universe, just by existing.

2) preventable evil in the world proves that there is no **caring** gods of any kind

2a) the existence of evil "holy" books which lead people to commit **great**evil**(bible, quoran, book of mormon, etc) is **also** proof that NO GOD WHO CARES EXISTS-- for allowing such evil to exist

3) the existence of steady human progress and discovery proves that there are no **evil** gods either.

4) all that are left? Are the UNCARING, INDIFFERENT AND UNAWARE gods.

Why bother with these lot? They don't care, they are unaware of humans... so there is no need to even acknowledge them at all.

----------

There you go- summarized JUST FOR YOU.

Let your NO ARGUMENT WHINING commence

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177095 Sep 11, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
A four year old would give a more intellectual conversation than you would.
Indeed... and much more honest too.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177096 Sep 11, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only will I tell you it is false. I will also tell you it is a display of how stupid you are when ever you post it. You and Quantum Bob disgrace the American Atheist movement with your blogs of pure stupidity. Prior to posting on this tread I did have a higher respect for Atheist bloggers than I do now. I really do not count out the idea that you and Bob are theist mocking Atheist.
Nothing in the above? Is a actual argument.

Nothing.

The entire post above? Consists of whining, name-calling, belittling and personal attack.

Classic fail.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177097 Sep 11, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Morality is derived from compassion, not obedience to a deity.
There you go!

The majority of Genuine Christians™ lack compassion utterly.

Proof?

They, as a group, represent one of the major oppositions to universal health care.

They, as a group, also appear to be against any sort of social support program, such as welfare, or school lunch programs.

I'm going by the actions of their Genuine Christian Leadership™, naturally.
LCNLin

United States

#177098 Sep 11, 2013
the problem with Bob and other atheists ... they prove nothing.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#177099 Sep 11, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Are you now trying to claim you know anyone who is actually ... normal?
Wouldn't that be a complete change from your usual crowd...
I've seen some of your gang, Muttonchops, and I'd rather hang with attractive freaks than the so-called "normal" dogs you sniff butts with.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#177100 Sep 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Provide your basis of moral superiority for passing moral judgement on a deity that created us in its image. Where did you get that higher morality?
This is what blacklagoon does when he or she has been check mated. It's just an attempt to win a debate.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#177101 Sep 11, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only will I tell you it is false. I will also tell you it is a display of how stupid you are when ever you post it. You and Quantum Bob disgrace the American Atheist movement with your blogs of pure stupidity. Prior to posting on this tread I did have a higher respect for Atheist bloggers than I do now. I really do not count out the idea that you and Bob are theist mocking Atheist.
How long have you been reading Bob's comments?

The first one should have been a pretty good hint about his mentality.

>:}

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177102 Sep 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Once more? You cannot muster up counter-argument.
So you use your "skill" at name-calling instead.
Classic.
he statement is so stupid "Religion has no interest in science" is so stupid it is not worthy of a counter. You should just not be talking about this until you do some serious reading.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177103 Sep 11, 2013
<quoted text>
More personal attack.
More FAILURE to produce an ARGUMENT.
As for your last?
I have already proved your god isn't real.
1) quantum physics and relativity prove that an **omniscient** god is impossible-- such a being would collapse the universe, just by existing.
2) preventable evil in the world proves that there is no **caring** gods of any kind
2a) the existence of evil "holy" books which lead people to commit **great**evil**(bible, quoran, book of mormon, etc) is **also** proof that NO GOD WHO CARES EXISTS-- for allowing such evil to exist
3) the existence of steady human progress and discovery proves that there are no **evil** gods either.
4) all that are left? Are the UNCARING, INDIFFERENT AND UNAWARE gods.
Why bother with these lot? They don't care, they are unaware of humans... so there is no need to even acknowledge them at all.
----------
There you go- summarized JUST FOR YOU.
Let your NO ARGUMENT WHINING commence
If you could spare 1 minute and 50 seconds

While on youtube you may enjoy this one too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#177104 Sep 11, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what blacklagoon does when he or she has been check mated. It's just an attempt to win a debate.
"Not only will I tell you it is false." This is your statement after I pointed out that the God of the bible murders little babies. I then pointed out to you the PFOOF, and since that time.....no response from you. You said my accusations were false, I proved to you they were true, and this you call "Checkmate." Do you really enjoy making yourself look stupid?.....I guess so!!!!
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#177105 Sep 11, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
the problem with Bob and other atheists ... they prove nothing.
We can certainly PROVE that the God you worship commits infanticide and genocide, those are easy. We can also prove without much trouble, how immoral your holy book is, and of course since it is supposed to be the world of your God, that your God is also immoral. It would take very like effort to prove how cruel and capricious your God is. So by saying we can prove nothing, makes you a bold faced liar. I thought lying was a sin, shame on you, on your knees now and grovel before your demon God asking for forgiveness. You Christians do love to grovel don't you!!!!
Thinking

UK

#177106 Sep 11, 2013
Would "religion has no value add for science" be more accurate?
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
he statement is so stupid "Religion has no interest in science" is so stupid it is not worthy of a counter. You should just not be talking about this until you do some serious reading.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177107 Sep 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>"Not only will I tell you it is false." This is your statement after I pointed out that the God of the bible murders little babies. I then pointed out to you the PFOOF, and since that time.....no response from you. You said my accusations were false, I proved to you they were true, and this you call "Checkmate." Do you really enjoy making yourself look stupid?.....I guess so!!!!
I have to admit, paying any attention to your post here did make me look stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min USAsince1680 1,110,584
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 25 min Pearl Jam 305,654
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 45 min Pastor Pete 200,971
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr PEE PEE PETE 27,403
Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... Sep 12 Brew In 1
Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... Sep 11 Mike Williams 1
ACC Tournament 2014: Biggest Storylines to Watc... (Mar '14) Sep 11 Anonymous 2
•••
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••