Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177050 Sep 10, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Normal atheists would be embarrassed if it was suggested that you were an associate of theirs, Bob.
Really? Are you now trying to claim you know anyone who is actually ... normal?

Wouldn't that be a complete change from your usual crowd...
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#177051 Sep 10, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a funny atheist religion ;-)
yeah, we don't have a God the murders little children. Nor do we have one that destroys unborn fetuses, lucky us....POOR you.!!!
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#177052 Sep 10, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I watched the clip, once I realized it was from The Big Bang Theory TV show.
The show where everyone who is intelligent are atheists, and everyone who is stupid, are believers of one stripe or another.
Amusing, really.
That figures as it is a proven fact Non-believers have hight I.Q's than believers. They probably modeled the show based on that fact.
nelom

Voorhees, NJ

#177053 Sep 11, 2013
black people getting enslaved by whites And native Americans note ven knowing About jesus till whites came to America is Already proof that God ain't real..

in Addition to how other sets of whites worshipped other gods or no gods .. during the same time period Anyway..
nelom

Voorhees, NJ

#177054 Sep 11, 2013
we're real lets just deal with that..
nelom

Voorhees, NJ

#177055 Sep 11, 2013
is humanity not infinite?

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#177056 Sep 11, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
warmed over repost, moronic ... but amusing
It is not even worthy of being posted once. It is just stupid.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#177057 Sep 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, many of them have turned gay.
You can not be considered an equal until you get your emotions under control and quit gnashing your teeth at the approach of any male.
Men are attracted to intelligent women that don't have attitudes.
Wrong, many of them have grown up to the 21st century, apparently you are still stuck in the bronze age

There ya go again harping about emotions, what is it with you an emotion, did you have all yours stolen when your last boyfriend dumped you? Or did it all drain away when you chopped your finger off?

Partially wrong, some men lust after attractive women, the more mature ones tend to settle for personality. Oh there are a few young guys that believe a typical dumb barby hanging off their arm and every word gives then street cred but they either grow up or grow old and lonely.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177058 Sep 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Condescending and belittling comment noted.
It's your stock-and-trade.
<quoted text>
You **are** a moron. But nevermind that-- religion is not interested in science.
Fundamentally, religion and science cannot peacefully co-exist.
Because science **must** follow where the facts and evidence lead-- even if that trail proves religion's claims false.
Religion is not interested in either fact OR evidence. It will manufacture whatever it needs to keep going, as proven by the many legends and myths surrounding religion.
So my statement was valid--- and you **are** a moron.
You have a lot of reading to do. You are worse than I expected you to be. I do recall when atheist knew what they were talking about. You really have no idea how clueless you are. The claim "Religion has no interest in science" is so wrong. It's not worthy of an answer besides you should not post about religion, science or history, until you do some further reading.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177059 Sep 11, 2013
<quoted text>
You are 100% incapable of being either nice or fair.
It's literally not something you are capable of.
Your condescending and hate-filled attitude overwhelms your efforts.
Typical.
You really need to do a lot of reading before you continue. I actually do think you are a theist, that post as an atheist, to make satire of atheism

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177060 Sep 11, 2013
<quoted text>
You say it's "stupid".
Yet?
In your entire wall-o-words?
YOU DID NOT WRITE A SINGLE REASON WHY YOU THINK SO!
Other than your hateful rhetoric....
....!!!
Wow.
That is a new record even for YOU...!
Pointing out you need to do some research on this topic, is not hateful.

Are you still claiming, that you could prove there is no God? And I mean prove, not present a theory.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#177062 Sep 11, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not even worthy of being posted once. It is just stupid.
So apparently, you also deny the God of the bible murders little babies and destroys unborn fetuses. I want to hear you say it, come on, I DARE ya, I double DARE ya, tell me that the God of the bible is NOT a murderer of little babies!.........well, show some balls, or admit you're just another Christian coward!!!

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#177063 Sep 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That is something you should have done a long time ago. You just ain't got the makings for a battle of wits.
Know what the difference is between you and I, loony? Someone can sit down across from you and you can play a tune, they can sit across from me and have an intelligent conversation.
A four year old would give a more intellectual conversation than you would.
LCNLin

United States

#177064 Sep 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>So apparently, you also deny the God of the bible murders little babies and destroys unborn fetuses. I want to hear you say it, come on, I DARE ya, I double DARE ya, tell me that the God of the bible is NOT a murderer of little babies!.........well, show some balls, or admit you're just another Christian coward!!!
It is not even worthy of being posted once.
Moronic repost
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#177065 Sep 11, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not even worthy of being posted once.
Moronic repost
Every time you post something like this it's liked a huge neon sign flashing, "My God has been accused of committing infanticide, I know this is true so I can't even begin to justify his actions, instead I'm forced to post this meaningless phrase. I really do wish there was something i could say in defense of my God, but I know there isn't."

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, for demonstrating once more what Cowards Christians really are when faced with tough questions. Tail between legs, and running away.....The typical Christian pose......LOL

I do hope you keep posting this meaningless phrase, every time you do it's a victory for Atheist, solidifying what we already know.......Your God commits infanticide.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#177066 Sep 11, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, many of them have grown up to the 21st century, apparently you are still stuck in the bronze age
There ya go again harping about emotions, what is it with you an emotion, did you have all yours stolen when your last boyfriend dumped you? Or did it all drain away when you chopped your finger off?
Partially wrong, some men lust after attractive women, the more mature ones tend to settle for personality. Oh there are a few young guys that believe a typical dumb barby hanging off their arm and every word gives then street cred but they either grow up or grow old and lonely.
You are way too bitter to be attractive to a mature intelligent man. You would not be a comfortable partner to live with.

Young men lust after anything with a snatch. Old men, too. It's living with it that makes the difference.

Location hidden

#177067 Sep 11, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
A four year old would give a more intellectual conversation than you would.
I could see you thinking that. They would be more in your intellectual range, and thus comfort level.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#177068 Sep 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I could see you thinking that. They would be more in your intellectual range, and thus comfort level.
At least a 4 year old is willing to learn instead of insisting on their mistakes. You are so stuck in your biases that you can't seem to imagine another viewpoint.

Location hidden

#177069 Sep 11, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
At least a 4 year old is willing to learn instead of insisting on their mistakes. You are so stuck in your biases that you can't seem to imagine another viewpoint.
I've already been through several viewpoints. You are the one having difficulty in trying to understand others than your own, and it is obvious you prefer talking to those that look up to you as a teacher.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#177070 Sep 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are way too bitter to be attractive to a mature intelligent man. You would not be a comfortable partner to live with.
Young men lust after anything with a snatch. Old men, too. It's living with it that makes the difference.
Your personal opinion is your affair, however just because I find you a revolting and chauvinistic moron in no way makes me bitter, all that means is that I find you a revolting and chauvinistic moron, live with it.

Of course they do but most of them have the decency to keep their lust in their minds and trousers. There are only a few perverts (mostly godbots for some reason) who like to repel people by masturbating in public and advertising their sick mind.

The fact that you canít see this even though several people on this thread have registered their disapproval of your antiquated attitude to women simply means you are one of those few perverts with a sick mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min Portlandia 1,154,057
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 20 min LonePalm 2,681
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 25 min Roy the Boy 691
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 31 min Bruin Nation 28,394
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 36 min KiMare 201,169
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Brian_G 306,984
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Dec 16 The Real Daniel S... 281
More from around the web