Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#177004 Sep 10, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I did not read the entire article as I was merely looking for one that disproved your claim that, "not one scientist has ever claimed the universe was created from nothing", which I did, twice.
I didn't know that there was religious references further down the page. Those were irrelevant to my point anyway.
Now address the other link, you know, the one where Krauss also claims the universe came from nothing.
>:)
WOW, you really are pathetic. Your post #176923 read..."And for those NOT well read." And then you admit to NOT reading the entire article, can you be anymore dishonest and hypocritical!!!! I think not. Next time you try and flex your intellect muscles, or try and make a point using someone else's article, READ THE WHOLE THING DICKWAD, you'll appear much less.......stupid!!!

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#177005 Sep 10, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>WOW, you really are pathetic. Your post #176923 read..."And for those NOT well read." And then you admit to NOT reading the entire article, can you be anymore dishonest and hypocritical!!!! I think not. Next time you try and flex your intellect muscles, or try and make a point using someone else's article, READ THE WHOLE THING DICKWAD, you'll appear much less.......stupid!!!
I was in a hurry and someplace to be so I didn't read past the headline. I thought it was another article they had written earlier that didn't have religious content in it. I still showed you lied when you claimed no scientist ever said the universe came from nothing. Or are you really that uninformed about their wild claims?

You still aren't addressing the Krauss link, most obviously because you CAN'T! Moron. Why am I not surprised that you can neither support it OR refute it?

xD

Nobody can ever say that all atheists are geniuses after reading your 'tarded rants.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#177006 Sep 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, you guys are just so fascinated by that term atheist. It's just a word, which you interpret incorrectly, but it means something to you. A magic decoder ring? A badge you can walk around with to impress people?
You guys are missing something important in your heads to be so absorbed in a word.
Hey, idiot is a synonym used extremely often with atheist nowadays. Can we call you an idiot?
Yeah.
He's like a cornered 'possum; either playing dead or snarling with no middle ground to espouse from.

xD
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#177007 Sep 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, you guys are just so fascinated by that term atheist. It's just a word, which you interpret incorrectly, but it means something to you. A magic decoder ring? A badge you can walk around with to impress people?
You guys are missing something important in your heads to be so absorbed in a word.
Hey, idiot is a synonym used extremely often with atheist nowadays. Can we call you an idiot?
Yeah.
It would appear that your old age dementia is getting much worse, your incessant babbling is becoming boring, so I think I'll stop responding to you just as I do with the Clown, see ya!!

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#177008 Sep 10, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I was in a hurry and someplace to be so I didn't read past the headline. I thought it was another article they had written earlier that didn't have religious content in it. I still showed you lied when you claimed no scientist ever said the universe came from nothing. Or are you really that uninformed about their wild claims?
You still aren't addressing the Krauss link, most obviously because you CAN'T! Moron. Why am I not surprised that you can neither support it OR refute it?
xD
Nobody can ever say that all atheists are geniuses after reading your 'tarded rants.
Tsk tsk.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#177009 Sep 10, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>It would appear that your old age dementia is getting much worse, your incessant babbling is becoming boring, so I think I'll stop responding to you just as I do with the Clown, see ya!!
That is something you should have done a long time ago. You just ain't got the makings for a battle of wits.

Know what the difference is between you and I, loony? Someone can sit down across from you and you can play a tune, they can sit across from me and have an intelligent conversation.

Not that you will understand that.

Get some inspiration.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#177010 Sep 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm aware of what they are and how they operate.
There are two types of atheists on here. Those that bought their intelligence, either in a CrackerJack box or institution that poured it into their skulls for them, and those with some serious neural network wiring issues primarily caused by ingesting too many deleterious chemicals in their adolescence, hence the stunted of further development. Some are both.
I learned very quickly after getting on on here almost 3 years ago that there would be no rational and intellectual interaction with them. However, I have become somewhat addicted to poking them with sticks. Gives me something to do and them a purpose in life. They enjoy the nerve stimulation, it sends a jolt of electricity into their brains that they wouldn't otherwise experience. Unfortunately it just passes on into the environment as they have no means to store it and put it too use.
Plus I like the shape of Christine's ass.
On their own they are a small and ineffectual group of people on the global scale, but they make great object lessons on the dangers of enabling idiots through education and mass communications.
This is a disgusting display of your personality. You should be ashamed.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#177011 Sep 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah.
Bashing atheists again, are ya? You're grounded, mister! No computer privileges and no "Gilligan's Island" reruns for a week.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#177012 Sep 10, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Says the Theist who believes in talking snakes,magic fruit tree's, a man created from a pile of dirt, of course the process required a fictitious being to blow on it, a books that supports slavery, rape, infanticide and genocide, and claims the world is flat covered with a dome, and believes that 4.5 billion cubic miles of extra wither suddenly appeared and the disappeared. And you talk about a drop in educate levels, ha ha ha, Maybe you should be talking about the stunning increase in gullibility that runs rampart through Christianity.
I suppose we could also examine the intelligence level of people who believe in myths and magic and center their lives around such myths. There are three very important traits that promote intelligence, education, reason, logic, critical thinking and skepticism. You seem to missing at least three of these traits, reason, logic, and skepticism. Which means.....well I think we know what that means, right!!!!!
Ugh...talking about the education of christians...I found a link just yesterday that was a clippit from a christian school book that talked about how we supposedly didn't know where electricity came from...it was an older book, but had a picture of a girl along with it and it looked to be maybe took in the 70's or 80's style. My boyfriend grew up in a missionary home and lived in Honduras until he was about 16 or so, and they did the christian home schooling, and it was terrible. He still has some of the booklets and they are horrid in their ignorance or denial of science and the way the world works. Its so sad really that even some of the next generation will have been brought up with this kind of curriculum and when they get older they may not do as well as my boyfriend did in educating himself. He was lucky to have parents that let him make his own choices without bullying him with their religious choice.

When you search for the truth after being lied to for so many years I think anyone comes out smarter for it. I am not near as brain dead as I was when I was following the christian religion and not asking questions about anything.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#177013 Sep 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That is something you should have done a long time ago. You just ain't got the makings for a battle of wits.
Know what the difference is between you and I, loony? Someone can sit down across from you and you can play a tune, they can sit across from me and have an intelligent conversation.
Not that you will understand that.
Get some inspiration.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =19FFbmbZ3bcXX
Creationism is a mental illness and you can't prove your god because its not real. Its a shame that you cannot accept reality and cling to a fantasy in order to comfort yourself through life.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#177014 Sep 10, 2013
You would think that creationists would be a bit more thankful for having the meaning of their life explained to them simply.

If you're wondering what that is Dave Nelson: its the fact that you grew up in a cult, where you were relentlessly fed a diet of religious bullsh*t, unhealthy skepticism for truth & rigour in science, facts and all steered by cult emotional manipulation. This results in you becoming anti atheist, without even realising what or why atheists see the world the way they do.

You seek simple answers to complex problems because they satisfy you, not because they are right. These people are lazy thinkers who would rather make up lies, then face complexity.

Because you have had relentless creationist brainwashing, the above paragraph will be as blind to you as the invisible dinosaur bones and fossils you see in museum around the world, deeply sh*tting upon your cults unchanging historic nonsense.

DNF

“Judge more and you love less”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH-Baltimore MD-S.Fla

#177015 Sep 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny Dave, seriously.
We know the exact figure really , you can chill something to 2.7 degrees above absolute zero, at that temperature you cannot remove the remaining kinetic energy of the atoms or particles.
That is the ground state of energy the lowest reduction possible , because to do so you would have to defeat the uncertainty principle and all known quantum effects.
But when you get to the punchline, "We are designed." you lost a cohesive narrative. I mean it's like giving the directions for cooking rice. And the saying.......
Bring 3 cups water to boil, add 1 cup rice, add butter and salt,
let come to boil, stir rice once, reduce heat and cover.
The sky may turn purple.
That's for brown rice. For regular rice it's 2 to 1. Boil 5 minutes. Cover and heat on the lowest setting for 20 minutes.

Perfect Rice

Location hidden

#177017 Sep 10, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
You would think that creationists would be a bit more thankful for having the meaning of their life explained to them simply.
If you're wondering what that is Dave Nelson: its the fact that you grew up in a cult, where you were relentlessly fed a diet of religious bullsh*t, unhealthy skepticism for truth & rigour in science, facts and all steered by cult emotional manipulation. This results in you becoming anti atheist, without even realising what or why atheists see the world the way they do.
You seek simple answers to complex problems because they satisfy you, not because they are right. These people are lazy thinkers who would rather make up lies, then face complexity.
Because you have had relentless creationist brainwashing, the above paragraph will be as blind to you as the invisible dinosaur bones and fossils you see in museum around the world, deeply sh*tting upon your cults unchanging historic nonsense.
You are amusing.

Not very bright. But you are amusing.

Hopefully you are just young and stupid, and not old and stupid. You might grow out of being that way.

So, who enlightened you to these truths you speak? Tell us where you got your wisdom.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#177020 Sep 10, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
bitter and defensive ;-)
credulity and Gullibility!!!
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#177021 Sep 10, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I was in a hurry and someplace to be so I didn't read past the headline. I thought it was another article they had written earlier that didn't have religious content in it. I still showed you lied when you claimed no scientist ever said the universe came from nothing. Or are you really that uninformed about their wild claims?
xD
Oh, I'm truly sorry, I seem to have really upset you. The BWAHA at the end of the post reflects your level of embarrassment and shame.

I was only to happy to call you out on your idiotic attempt at trying to flex your intellectual muscles. Siting an article you NEVER read, too funny. I hope I've taught you a lesson here, read your source material before you go challenging someone on a point you are ignorant about. Do try and do better, really!!!

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#177022 Sep 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Top-7-Snake-Ki...
Feeding on the edges reduces exposure.
If I was an Atheist I would ask you to prove this, and denounce the people that did the article as fools with an agenda. But instead I will admit you are right.

Location hidden

#177023 Sep 10, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I'm truly sorry, I seem to have really upset you. The BWAHA at the end of the post reflects your level of embarrassment and shame.
I was only to happy to call you out on your idiotic attempt at trying to flex your intellectual muscles. Siting an article you NEVER read, too funny. I hope I've taught you a lesson here, read your source material before you go challenging someone on a point you are ignorant about. Do try and do better, really!!!
Uh...

"Siting an article" should be "C"iting an article.

Way to go, Ace. You show her how it's done.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177024 Sep 10, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>A-moral......A-typical .......A-symmetrical.......A-t heist..........Sorry you're not smart enough to absorb this very simple word usage. Do try and do better!!!!
I see your point but the movement has evolved, to a point that The united States of America considers Atheist or Atheism to be a religion. Once again a snippy or well thought answer to Robert Stevens changes nothing, even if you changed my mind. Atheist do have churches. If you were bold enough to research you may find they use religious style lobbyist techniques. why you try to come here and have people think contrary prove you do believe in the power of human thought, and that my friend is as theist as you get.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177025 Sep 10, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Aww, I know how embarrassing it is to harbor these beliefs, call yourself whatever you want, but beneath the false front beats the heart of a Theists with a belief in mythical beings and magical places. I'd do my best to distance myself from these childish beliefs, just as you are trying to do. You can try and dress up a Christian, and call him a "new Ager" but he's still a Christian, with all the unsupported beliefs and phobias that accompany that immoral religion.
I beg your pardon, I never claimed to be capable of proven my faith. Why you don't believe me when I say I am a Pagan, is beyond me. I post such statements as "most likely God did not create the human race, is was created by an advanced civilization." It is more likely we are in a computer simulation than on the real Planet earth" I believe in reincarnation, not to just say you could merely take my word on what I say. I honestly think your mistrust reflect upon your own honesty and your own perception. There is absolutely no reason for me to lie to YOU.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#177026 Sep 10, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
bitter and defensive ;-)
The guy is just an idiot that post in contrariness in an effort to prove something, that in the end means nothing. He is the Inspector Clouseau of Topix. No wonder he won't get a log on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Portlandia 1,156,395
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 19 min Trojan 28,504
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr Feces for pagans 307,122
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 4 hr litesong 2,743
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... 18 hr yinefsfgd 3
Should child beauty pageants be banned? Fri zubedaanur 693
UConn vs. Duke Monday night 9pm ESPN2 Dec 25 ivyawe 1
More from around the web