Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 243341 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#177028 Sep 10, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Did you know the God you worship murders innocent little babies and destroys unborn fetuses? Just thought you might want to know.
I realize your thoughts are backwards, as I mentioned you hate God too much to claim that there is no God. You have God all wrong. Your perceptions are just that, your perceptions.
LCNLin

United States

#177032 Sep 10, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Did you know the God you worship murders innocent little babies and destroys unborn fetuses? Just thought you might want to know.
warmed over repost, moronic ... but amusing

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177033 Sep 10, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Wasn't talking TO you, crybaby hypocrite.
Now try to mind your own crybaby business.
Oooh... looky! My stalker actually thinks I give a f7ck what she thinks.

How cute.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177034 Sep 10, 2013
BenAdam wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Hanky is MORE believable.
Indeed... and a hell of a lot funnier too.

:D
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#177035 Sep 10, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize your thoughts are backwards, as I mentioned you hate God too much to claim that there is no God. You have God all wrong. Your perceptions are just that, your perceptions.
Do TRY and pay attention, comprehension is extremely important, so here once again....Now pay attention......The God YOU worship, muddlers little babies and destroys unborn fetuses. I realize that your not understanding basic concepts here, but I did post that I HATE the idea of GOD, I HATE religion, i HATE what religion does to people. These claims are in your bible, you really should pick it up and read it sometimes, there is just some horrendous shit in there.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177036 Sep 10, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Again your reading comprehension fails you.
Condescending and belittling comment noted.

It's your stock-and-trade.
Robert Stevens wrote:
Preceding calling me a moron with what is the most idiotic statement I have ever read, "religions have no interest in science".
You **are** a moron. But nevermind that-- religion is not interested in science.

Fundamentally, religion and science cannot peacefully co-exist.

Because science **must** follow where the facts and evidence lead-- even if that trail proves religion's claims false.

Religion is not interested in either fact OR evidence. It will manufacture whatever it needs to keep going, as proven by the many legends and myths surrounding religion.

So my statement was valid--- and you **are** a moron.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177037 Sep 10, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
I was trying to be nice. I know it did not seem that way.
You are 100% incapable of being either nice or fair.

It's literally not something you are capable of.

Your condescending and hate-filled attitude overwhelms your efforts.

Typical.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#177038 Sep 10, 2013
every game wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you know that you just admitted that God exists, albeit with a statement of a lie in doing so, but it is wonderful to see you contradict yourself and all of your unfriendly atheist cohorts.
Did you know that comprehension is very important in reading someone's post. Exactly where did I admit that God exists? I said......once again for the children......The God YOU WORSHIP.

So you think what I posted is a lie? Really. So,let me hear you say God DID NOT murder innocent little babies and destroy unborn fetuses, go ahead.....I dare you!!!!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177039 Sep 10, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
I think had you posted that years ago, the atheist bloggers at Delphi Forum or youtube, would have requested your silence.
Condescending and hate-filled commentary noted.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177040 Sep 10, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
The statement is stupid, but for a Western Atheist to post that. It is like having your 8 year old, grade school attending child come home, and find out he does not recognize the "ABCs" he does not know alpha bet. You really have no business discussing this topic at all. If you were wise you'd move on into something more cheerful.
You say it's "stupid".

Yet?

In your entire wall-o-words?

YOU DID NOT WRITE A SINGLE REASON WHY YOU THINK SO!

Other than your hateful rhetoric....

....!!!

Wow.

That is a new record even for YOU...!
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#177041 Sep 10, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
warmed over repost, moronic ... but amusing
You may think it warmed over, but is it true according to your bible. Have you EVER read the bible? I have. I'm glad you think that murdering innocent little babies is amusing, I find the idea as described in your holy book totally disgusting. NOTICE I said I find the ........IDEA....disgusting.
LCNLin

United States

#177043 Sep 10, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Do TRY and pay attention, comprehension is extremely important, so here once again....Now pay attention......The God YOU worship, muddlers little babies and destroys unborn fetuses. I realize that your not understanding basic concepts here, but I did post that I HATE the idea of GOD, I HATE religion, i HATE what religion does to people. These claims are in your bible, you really should pick it up and read it sometimes, there is just some horrendous shit in there.
Sheldon Cooper :-)
Moronic
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#177044 Sep 10, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheldon Cooper :-)
Moronic
I'll take this non-responce and an admission that the god YOU worship, murders innocent little babies and destroys unborn fetuses. Would you mind terribly if I asked you to explain how you are able to worship such a psychopathic killer?
LCNLin

United States

#177045 Sep 10, 2013
I'll take this non-responce...

blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#177046 Sep 10, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
I'll take this non-responce...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =1U00l2U6al4XX
COWARD......Too funny Mr. no balls!!
LCNLin

United States

#177047 Sep 10, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'll take this non-responce and an admission that the god YOU worship, murders innocent little babies and destroys unborn fetuses. Would you mind terribly if I asked you to explain how you are able to worship such a psychopathic killer?
You have a funny atheist religion ;-)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177048 Sep 10, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>COWARD......Too funny Mr. no balls!!
I watched the clip, once I realized it was from The Big Bang Theory TV show.

The show where everyone who is intelligent are atheists, and everyone who is stupid, are believers of one stripe or another.

Amusing, really.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#177049 Sep 10, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Condescending and hate-filled commentary noted.
Normal atheists would be embarrassed if it was suggested that you were an associate of theirs, Bob.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#177050 Sep 10, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Normal atheists would be embarrassed if it was suggested that you were an associate of theirs, Bob.
Really? Are you now trying to claim you know anyone who is actually ... normal?

Wouldn't that be a complete change from your usual crowd...
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#177051 Sep 10, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a funny atheist religion ;-)
yeah, we don't have a God the murders little children. Nor do we have one that destroys unborn fetuses, lucky us....POOR you.!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 min IBdaMann 6,260
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,251,488
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... 3 hr xxxrayted 1,648
News Giddens Leads New Mexico Over UNLV, 59-45 (Mar '08) Thu Fartman 24
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 30 KeS 201,820
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Jun 29 tom wingo 29,826
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... Jun 28 tom wingo 5
More from around the web