Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#176885 Sep 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything "just is", and has always been here, no cause needed.
Very scientific and objective approach you have there.
You are a credit to your religion.
I think you blew your brains out blowing your horn so loud and so much.
Armstrong held a handkerchief to wipe the drool off his chops. You would do well to emulate him.
One of the smartest humans on the face of the planet thinks the universe has no boundaries, no edges, and simply just is. Stephen Hawking, believed the universe to be infinite,as do many other cosmologists. Dr. Neil Turok and his multi-universe with the big band being a local event. Of course you could boil it down to two choices, the universe has always existed, or it was created by a mystical being. Then great "causation argument, everything needs a cause, of course that would include the creator. At this point the "special pleading" bubbles to the surface.

It is in fact a very scientific and mathematical approach, at least these cosmologists have naturalistic concepts they work with, unlike GOGDIDIT, which entails.........yeah you guessed it....FAITH. Any intelligent person given the choice of the universe always existing or coming from some naturalistic occurrence, or a being from the supernatural realm, a non-existing realm, creating it, would choose the naturalistic approach, that is unless they had been so brainwashed that anything other than their mythical God thing is unacceptable. I guess that would be you.

Louie used the handkerchief to cover his valve casing so the lacquer would wear off fro the acid and salt on his hands. Yes he occasionally wiped the sweat from his brow, but the real reason was to protect the lacquer. Once again commenting from IGNORANCE!!!! Why aren't you completely embarrassed by your ignorance?
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#176886 Sep 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Armstrong held a handkerchief to wipe the drool off his chops. You would do well to emulate him.
"You are a credit to your religion." You may continue to call Atheism a religion if it makes you feel good, and apparently it does. I think you do it just to be annoying. Anyone with half a brain in their heads knows that Atheism is as far as you can get from religion. But you seem to take childish pleasure in referring to it as a religion, so be my guest, continue to look incredible stupid and childish, have at it!!!!

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#176887 Sep 9, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
atheist religion seems mumbo jumbo to most Americans.
That because most christard Americans are confused about what atheism actually is.

They seem to have the strange notion that because they personally have faith in a bronze age magical deity then they cannot comprehend that anyone else could possibly believe something different.

I often ponder why this should be and all I can conclude is that deliberate ignorance prevents many christards from understand anything not goddidit.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#176888 Sep 9, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text> "You are a credit to your religion." You may continue to call Atheism a religion if it makes you feel good, and apparently it does. I think you do it just to be annoying. Anyone with half a brain in their heads knows that Atheism is as far as you can get from religion. But you seem to take childish pleasure in referring to it as a religion, so be my guest, continue to look incredible stupid and childish, have at it!!!!
It's a cult more than a religion as practiced by you and most Topix atheists.

You are confused about definitions and identities.

Non-belief is passive. Proselytizing a non-belief, and arguing for it to the point of deriding the beliefs of others is not non-belief.

You are effed up in the head.
Thinking

UK

#176889 Sep 9, 2013
If Atheism is a religion then not collecting stamps is a hobby.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>

Westcliffe, CO

#176890 Sep 9, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
That because most christard Americans are confused about what atheism actually is.
They seem to have the strange notion that because they personally have faith in a bronze age magical deity then they cannot comprehend that anyone else could possibly believe something different.
I often ponder why this should be and all I can conclude is that deliberate ignorance prevents many christards from understand anything not goddidit.
It appears you had a good rest and are all charged up to get back on here to do battle with the forces of deliberate ignorance that refuse to see things your way.

How about a cuddle, cutie?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#176891 Sep 9, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
atheist religion seems mumbo jumbo to most Americans.
I think they believe that having a place to go and "fellowship", as some churches call it, will fill the empty spot that being with relatives on Sunday morning did. IOWs, hanging with like-minded people and all "that" entails. I suppose it beats lounging around crack/meth houses the "morning after".

I, personally, don't see why anyone needs the crutch of leaning on other people for "emotional" support of whatever ideology they follow. Anyone who needs a constant pat on the back should reevaluate the strength of their convictions.
Thinking

UK

#176892 Sep 9, 2013
If actively opposing rape rather than tolerating rape is also proselytizing then so be it.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a cult more than a religion as practiced by you and most Topix atheists.
You are confused about definitions and identities.
Non-belief is passive. Proselytizing a non-belief, and arguing for it to the point of deriding the beliefs of others is not non-belief.
You are effed up in the head.

Location hidden

#176893 Sep 9, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Feel free to gloat, you have every right to do so. As an atheist, I find this acutely embarrassing. WTF are they thinking? Idiots...
lol

I'll give you a minute to smooth your feathers.

Location hidden

#176894 Sep 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You just running scared, Bubba.
I changed by looking how the world is put together according to science.
You can't even begin to comprehend my perception of the higher power. I have trouble myself. It certainly isn't the skydaddy you can't escape the perception of. I'm just another tool. Maybe I will get used again, maybe not. Just enjoying the ride the best I can, and listening to GOOD music that comes from the soul of that greater being through other tools. I get laid once in a while,too. As Solomon said, a man can only be happy with the fruits of his labors, all else is folly. Calloused hands are as good as blubber lips blowing a horn.
So, no supernatural event influenced you? Ok.

Westcliffe, CO

#176895 Sep 9, 2013
Thinking wrote:
If actively opposing rape rather than tolerating rape is also proselytizing then so be it.
<quoted text>
That was supposed to be a rational association?

In your mind it likely is.

Location hidden

#176896 Sep 9, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>One of the smartest humans on the face of the planet thinks the universe has no boundaries, no edges, and simply just is. Stephen Hawking, believed the universe to be infinite,as do many other cosmologists. Dr. Neil Turok and his multi-universe with the big band being a local event. Of course you could boil it down to two choices, the universe has always existed, or it was created by a mystical being. Then great "causation argument, everything needs a cause, of course that would include the creator. At this point the "special pleading" bubbles to the surface.
It is in fact a very scientific and mathematical approach, at least these cosmologists have naturalistic concepts they work with, unlike GOGDIDIT, which entails.........yeah you guessed it....FAITH. Any intelligent person given the choice of the universe always existing or coming from some naturalistic occurrence, or a being from the supernatural realm, a non-existing realm, creating it, would choose the naturalistic approach, that is unless they had been so brainwashed that anything other than their mythical God thing is unacceptable. I guess that would be you.
Louie used the handkerchief to cover his valve casing so the lacquer would wear off fro the acid and salt on his hands. Yes he occasionally wiped the sweat from his brow, but the real reason was to protect the lacquer. Once again commenting from IGNORANCE!!!! Why aren't you completely embarrassed by your ignorance?
You think it's up to you to decide for the entire universe exactly what state it has existed in?

xD

You are hilarious! Nobody even knows how old it really is so you have no proof, either way, as to how it came about or even WHEN it came into existence. Get a clue, loser.

Neither Hawking or Turok are infallible.

Location hidden

#176897 Sep 9, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text> "You are a credit to your religion." You may continue to call Atheism a religion if it makes you feel good, and apparently it does. I think you do it just to be annoying. Anyone with half a brain in their heads knows that Atheism is as far as you can get from religion. But you seem to take childish pleasure in referring to it as a religion, so be my guest, continue to look incredible stupid and childish, have at it!!!!
Look up the word "ideology" and try to say that again, with a straight face.

Westcliffe, CO

#176898 Sep 9, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>So, no supernatural event influenced you? Ok.
Not in a direct way. My death experience did alert me to a continuation of existence and something more powerful than me out there somewhere, but even during it there was no visions of a god or even my crying out to it. The pain was all inside me. It was later I developed a knowledge that my waking consciousness was just a filter. I understand energy, transducers, and how they are hooked up. I'm a transducer. So was Jesus. So are most humans.

Atheists would love to be told how things work regarding the larger scheme of things, the nuts and bolts and absolutes. That works for clones, not for "individuals". They can't get past the herd mentality.

“Get it right”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#176899 Sep 9, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Just how much 'spreading' atheism have you done?
What a weird question. cheers!
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#176900 Sep 9, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>lol
I'll give you a minute to smooth your feathers.
Lol
Maybe I'll become a nihilist...

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#176901 Sep 9, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
So what?
The whole idea of "soul" is simply a creation to soothe massively bloated EGOS.
That's it.
Humans have had an EGO problem for thousands of years-- this is not news.
<quoted text>
This is a flat lie on your part-- YOU NEVER-EVER-EVER "go into the details".
EVER.
It appears you cannot actually **do** that...!
<laughing my azz off here>
<quoted text>
Hate speech-- you cannot WIN, so you stoop to potty-mouth shitspeak.
Classic display of how much hate you harbor in your head.
I do think the details of this post you made here, is why you are so frequently mocked on topix. It is clear you don't respect the sciences of a major civilization and the census thoughts of thousands of years of monastery knowledge. Instead of showing you stupidity you should read about what I am saying. And I should not go into great detail because, although I agree, I am not an expert that is worthy of representing these great teachings. However I do think it would be a waste of your time t read these books, not because of their content, but because of your reading comprehension. Remind you this is not the insult you may take it as, books of thought are of a higher level. I all ready know in advance you don't believe there are sciences of thought, perhaps you'd acknowledge it, but not respect it. As I stated from the start here, to claim what you do, man has to know everything. Man does not know everything, but your beliefs are set in a fact, that you do know everything. I call it your very own reality. If unchallenged you could life live, as such a beacon. It would take great isolation.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176902 Sep 9, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Neo-atheists are mad dogs.
I have posted here and they deny there are different sorts of atheist. I couldn't even imagine they would say otherwise, but they do.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176903 Sep 9, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
False. Nearly every post you write demonstrates your hate.
You do so with belittling name-calling.
You do so by denigrating them as a person.
You do so by **refusing** to discuss IDEAS, but instead, you attack the PERSON.
That's hate bub.
You are full of it.
I disagree with you, taking an option not to vote for a group of people due to their idea is not any form of bigotry. I also told you before, if Oxford Professor claim neither of our points could be proven Dawkins vs Lennon, I consider debating you as you request to be a waste of time. Before you misunderstand a you so frequently do, we are not talking about The Bible an The Christian God. In that case neither admitted defeat.

Location hidden

#176904 Sep 9, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I do think the details of this post you made here, is why you are so frequently mocked on topix. It is clear you don't respect the sciences of a major civilization and the census thoughts of thousands of years of monastery knowledge. Instead of showing you stupidity you should read about what I am saying. And I should not go into great detail because, although I agree, I am not an expert that is worthy of representing these great teachings. However I do think it would be a waste of your time t read these books, not because of their content, but because of your reading comprehension. Remind you this is not the insult you may take it as, books of thought are of a higher level. I all ready know in advance you don't believe there are sciences of thought, perhaps you'd acknowledge it, but not respect it. As I stated from the start here, to claim what you do, man has to know everything. Man does not know everything, but your beliefs are set in a fact, that you do know everything. I call it your very own reality. If unchallenged you could life live, as such a beacon. It would take great isolation.
Bob tosses skepticism around like logic bombs that (he hopes) will shake Christianity to it's foundation, then turns around and speaks dreamily about "the darkness" and how much he loves it and can't wait for it to dominate the world.(That doesn't sound very ideology neutral to me.) He doesn't quite get how silly he looks scorning one ideology when his own is so flaky. Ask him about his favorite author, Terry Pratchett. It would be funny if it weren't so sad that a grown man(and atheist) thinks it's "logical" to be fascinated with stories about witches and talking cats. I guess some people just have to draw the line of credibility at talking snakes. ;)

Bob makes a lot of slips on the Topix boards. No man is good enough a liar not to let his true motivations shine through, eventually.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 29 min Tinka 1,191,124
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Anonymous 29,070
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 3 hr LonePalm 4,197
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 4 hr HitMan 201,387
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 7 hr Joy Division 308,924
Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) 17 hr CS Rosenberg 71
NCSU vs UNC from the Coach's Perspective by Jam... Feb 28 IdeasandTruth 1
More from around the web