Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#176510 Sep 6, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
And I conclude contrary. I now present you with what is most likely, regardless of either one of our conclusions. The human race was made in a lab, by another form of being. Did they look like us? Maybe. More likely they viewed us as a perfect appearance. they might or might not have the answer of creator of Universe. The fact we are not the slaves of a superior elder race of intelligent beings supports my theory. I don't agree with Ufologist but, many details of the debate I do have to concede to them as being the more likely.
youre begining to sound as LOONY as Deluded Dave,boy,,

keep on bobbing though,you amuse us so!

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#176511 Sep 6, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
With matter you have "substance" in it. That fills in the wake.
Say you have a dust cloud a planet moves into. Much gets pushed out of the way, then much gets sucked into its wake. Space carried it. The dust couldn't hold any position relative to other particles or the planet unless space was displaced. If space is something that occupies volume,then it is a component of the universal transfers of energy and force.
Simply wrong. The dust gets compressed in front because it bounces off the planet (or atmosphere) and then interacts with the incoming dust. Space isn't getting compressed: the dust is. If there was no interaction between the dust and itself, there would be no compression.

Similarly, after the planet is past, the dust *expands* into the region behind. Any turbulence is due to the dust interacting with itself. Space did NOT carry it. It moved through space.

Finally, your basic argument is that is space has properties, other things cannot occupy the same location as space does. It is quite possible for there to be many fields in the same region of space, all quite content to be at the same place.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#176512 Sep 6, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that is an opinion, not a fact. Without evidence, there is no fact, and so no expert. it is the evidence that supports both.
<quoted text>
And why would you think that? Life has meaning even without a deity: supporting those we love, learning, teaching, reading, listening or producing music, laughing, dancing, exploring, etc. None of those require belief in a deity to be meaningful experiences.
I am sad to hear that your life is so narrow that the non-existence of a deity would make you not want to live any longer. That shows a narrowness and lack of self-esteem that is, unfortunately, common among theists.
Has anyone ever told you that you are full of kaka.
Life has no meaning without GOD. If you love, learn, teach, read, listen, laugh,dance, explore it only means that within you there is a belief in a deity. Its just that you don't understand what's going on and as said before 'lack Faith' which is everything.

Location hidden

#176513 Sep 6, 2013
followerofSatan wrote:
<quoted text>
I got mine the same place you clean the urinals at....I figure you are the one leaving the little sticky notes "CLEANED BY #3".....good job by the way....
Your postings only confirm that there's more brains in a bottle of water.

Location hidden

#176514 Sep 6, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
no
the knowledge that you have only this ONE Life makes it all the more Important and meaningfull,
if you think theres heaven why dont you kill yourself and go there now!
why work and strugle making a living when Heaven is waiting for you?
A person is given Life to honor and love and obey GOD.

To kill onself is a sin in the eyes of GOD.

Location hidden

#176515 Sep 6, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Space is a volume not occupied by matter.
The space was created with the makings of matter.
Picture a stream of space forming a spinning ball. It has pi to deal with. The ball is bigger than the volume of the stream of space it is formed from. But it's axis pulls in other space on one pole and out the other. This forms matter and its combos.
Matter fluffs space up as it is formed, increasing volume. Expanding space. The motion of space bangs against the walls of what the universe was formed in, expanding the universe.
For space and matter to occupy the same "space", then "space" has to be a complete void. Then you will have no volume. No nothing.
It's a seed that turned into a plant. Or an embryo that is still growing.
Don't pay attention to the other idiots Dave. They are just jealous that you know more than they do.

Location hidden

#176516 Sep 6, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing hateful about it your comprehension skills are terrible. You should be happy about that. I think there is a chance you do have a soul, but you just fail to comprehend that. If I am right you have reason to celebrate. You've read my claims you know yourself, and are without a soul. Your response was normal calling me a hater. I think the same of you when you suggest it to me. But I do know otherwise.
This poster 'bob of quantum faith' is known within Topix to be a very hateful member.

Location hidden

#176517 Sep 6, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Simply wrong. The dust gets compressed in front because it bounces off the planet (or atmosphere) and then interacts with the incoming dust. Space isn't getting compressed: the dust is. If there was no interaction between the dust and itself, there would be no compression.
Similarly, after the planet is past, the dust *expands* into the region behind. Any turbulence is due to the dust interacting with itself. Space did NOT carry it. It moved through space.
Finally, your basic argument is that is space has properties, other things cannot occupy the same location as space does. It is quite possible for there to be many fields in the same region of space, all quite content to be at the same place.
Space is getting compressed.

“And I won't watch this anymore”

Since: Jun 10

the alternate future

#176518 Sep 6, 2013
Hello there, stranger. I believe we have never laid eyes on each other before this occasion, but I am glad to see a new perspective every once in a while. Listening to the other side is certainly very interesting at times....it helps you become more tolerant of differences in others.

Nice to meet you.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#176519 Sep 6, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are still talking about unrealistically simplified situations. When you add two forces, the sum doesn't have to line up with the source of either force. So, for a system with three planets, the total force on a planet will NOT be towards another planet. The force also changes because of distance between the planets. And no, for gravity, it is NOT towards the barycenter in general. Exact analytical solutions for even the Newtonian equations of motion are unsolved for three gravitating bodies (although very good approximations can be found).
Magnetic forces on charged particles are *perpendicular* to both the direction of the magnetic field and the direction of motion of the charge. So they do NOT 'line up' in the ways you claim. And no, the mass and motion are NOT 'behind EM'.
Once again, you are wrong in essentially every particular.
Who was talking about planets?

Your scalpel you dissect with is EM forces binding atoms, which, BTW, is mass, and which, in addition, requires motion to move and engage. It can do that by you using EM and the mass and motion of your arm, or just by gravity working on that mass. The sharper the angle of that blade, and the easier it cuts, meaning penetrating the EM force binding the mass of the object to be cut. You pretty much "cut" under 60 degrees, and "smash" above that. The smashing imparts energy within the atoms to break those EM bonds. The "cutting" is roughly the same as smashing, but more "delicate", less force, less "destruction". Less energy required to separate.

Geometry is important when two masses in motion meet as to the final shape of things.

That is a "perpendicular" approach of EM due to it's being wrapped around the atoms. But EM has a start and stop point. It is a flow. You polarize your mass and pass the flow "through" the mass to be separated. This is similar to arc welding, but you do it on a much smaller scale. Flux lines on magnets are made by the individual atomic components within a mass. Your magnetic moments, etc. You pierce instead of smash, and can separate on a finer scale.

Location hidden

#176520 Sep 6, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your many fields are just manmade representations of math models.

You can measure a volume of space. You can not measure a volume of nothing.

Space is a part of the whole. It is a substance. It is an insulator, and it is a carrier of waves. It is also the largest volume within matter itself.

You can't maintain your distance without space.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#176521 Sep 6, 2013
CatholicHolyGhost wrote:
<quoted text>Has anyone ever told you that you are full of kaka.
Life has no meaning without GOD.
I am sorry that is your opinion. MY life has plenty of meaning without any deities.
If you love, learn, teach, read, listen, laugh,dance, explore it only means that within you there is a belief in a deity.
Simply false. it is simple human nature to enjoy these things. no belief in a deity is required, or desired.
Its just that you don't understand what's going on and as said before 'lack Faith' which is everything.
Rather arrogant of you to assume what other believe, don't you think? Your myths are just that: myths. Your incorrect psychology doesn't help your failed beliefs.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#176522 Sep 6, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Who was talking about planets?
Your scalpel you dissect with is EM forces binding atoms, which, BTW, is mass, and which, in addition, requires motion to move and engage. It can do that by you using EM and the mass and motion of your arm, or just by gravity working on that mass. The sharper the angle of that blade, and the easier it cuts, meaning penetrating the EM force binding the mass of the object to be cut. You pretty much "cut" under 60 degrees, and "smash" above that. The smashing imparts energy within the atoms to break those EM bonds. The "cutting" is roughly the same as smashing, but more "delicate", less force, less "destruction". Less energy required to separate.
Geometry is important when two masses in motion meet as to the final shape of things.
That is a "perpendicular" approach of EM due to it's being wrapped around the atoms. But EM has a start and stop point. It is a flow. You polarize your mass and pass the flow "through" the mass to be separated. This is similar to arc welding, but you do it on a much smaller scale. Flux lines on magnets are made by the individual atomic components within a mass. Your magnetic moments, etc. You pierce instead of smash, and can separate on a finer scale.
Please go learn some *actual* physics. You are wrong in essentially every detail.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#176523 Sep 6, 2013
CatholicHolyGhost wrote:
<quoted text>Space is getting compressed.
Not in the situation described, it isn't. In general, even figuring out what it means to say 'space is compressed' is non-trivial and *way* beyond the mental capacities of the fundies around here.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#176524 Sep 6, 2013
CatholicHolyGhost wrote:
<quoted text>Has anyone ever told you that you are full of kaka.
What, are you three years old or something? Kaka? Do you also go make tinkie?

Location hidden

#176525 Sep 6, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in the situation described, it isn't. In general, even figuring out what it means to say 'space is compressed' is non-trivial and *way* beyond the mental capacities of the fundies around here.
You are under delusion thinking you are thinking totally rational. Which is why you get so upset when others see things in a different light than you.

Space doesn't get "compressed", as in getting reduced in volume, but it does get moved around. It is a volume within the created universe that shifts position within that universe, and it can also get shaped.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176526 Sep 6, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't deny it, if you are right. That sucks. Thank God you are not.
Again? You write nothing useful or even argumentative.

Just more evidence of your massive ego, along with your deep hatred for all unbelievers.

You are one sick duck...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176527 Sep 6, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing hateful about it your comprehension skills are terrible.
Not an argument-- just you, whining. And showing your hate, too.
Robert Stevens wrote:
You should be happy about that. I think there is a chance you do have a soul, but you just fail to comprehend that.
You have zero facts to prove this "soul" crap.

ZERO.

You do not even TRY to prove your garbage-idea!

Instead, you try to belittle anyone who asks you for FACTS.

That is proof of your deeply abiding HATE.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176528 Sep 6, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, you are too funny.
You think your hate is FUNNY, now?

Okay-- I can see why you would-- you are a psychopath.

Likely you sit at home planning on how to murder your neighbors...

... fortunately, your grossly obese body isn't up to getting off your couch, let alone up those basement stairs...

... so the world is relatively safe from your hate.

... for now.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176529 Sep 6, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You are too much. Your ideas of God and The Universe sucks. You should be very happy you can't prove anything. You are more entertaining than the rest of your sort.
Hate speech and jealousy noted.

Thanks for playing: your hate marks you for what you are.

A psychopath.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 25 min Bluestater 1,156,052
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr River Tam 307,096
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 2 hr Earthling-1 2,741
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr BRUINS FOR TRUTH 28,481
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 4 hr zubedaanur 693
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... Fri best bet 2
UConn vs. Duke Monday night 9pm ESPN2 Thu ivyawe 1
More from around the web