Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#176155 Sep 1, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoyment of life is not just "having a good time" Sparky, it is the striving for fruition that rocks my world. If I had made different choices, I might have found a different purpose. A job well done, a child that was born too early and has now survived and is laughing at the cat....why not? I'm also curious and like to learn new things, too. I'm no Thomas Edison, but I do my part. Reading a good whodunit satisfies something in me. Holding the hand of a loved one and just letting them know I am there with them as they die....well, that's life and death. But I don't want them to leave alone or scared. I'm also a bit of a workaholic and a perfectionist. Mea culpa.
I condemn lies. It does not matter if they are comforting lies, religion is a scourge. It's nothing but lies and hate, it dulls the mind and encourages people to accept, submit and follow faithfully like good little sheep. BS, yes I despise it. I despise the false promise of eternal life, so many are so badly addicted to it....ahh, I could go on but I won't....aren't you glad;0)
False promise of eternal life, eh? And your admitted dream is the basis for the truth it isn't eh?

You get totally bananas when someone ventures the core of your existence as albtraum does not cease to exist when albtraum does.

Sweetie pie, I haven't been on here preaching from religious texts. I have posted quite a bit where the likelihood of such occurring would be quite consistent with the principles of basic physics, minus the sophistry of the theoretical sects of it. Principles used in everyday technology. Add my personal experience in the matter. But you get bent out of shape no matter what direction that proposal comes from.

You are too emotional to be rational about this matter. You are suffering from emotional reaction to religions, not enlightened by knowledge. If you had knowledge you would know what you were reacting to was the ways of man who will use the current version of morality in lieu of an organized religion to advance their interests. Religions based upon texts bridge generational gaps from the bottom up. The current version of morality is determined by the people at the top of the heap per generation.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#176156 Sep 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
False promise of eternal life, eh? And your admitted dream is the basis for the truth it isn't eh?
You get totally bananas when someone ventures the core of your existence as albtraum does not cease to exist when albtraum does.
Sweetie pie, I haven't been on here preaching from religious texts. I have posted quite a bit where the likelihood of such occurring would be quite consistent with the principles of basic physics, minus the sophistry of the theoretical sects of it. Principles used in everyday technology. Add my personal experience in the matter. But you get bent out of shape no matter what direction that proposal comes from.
You are too emotional to be rational about this matter. You are suffering from emotional reaction to religions, not enlightened by knowledge. If you had knowledge you would know what you were reacting to was the ways of man who will use the current version of morality in lieu of an organized religion to advance their interests. Religions based upon texts bridge generational gaps from the bottom up. The current version of morality is determined by the people at the top of the heap per generation.
I like your theory, Dave.

The trick is to find your way to the top of the heap.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#176157 Sep 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Make it count where, love?
Atheism is just dust turning to life turning to dust turning into stars turning into dust.
There is no place to bank your noble deeds. Even your species of animal will turn to dust. There will be no memories.
A burned candle is a burned candle, no matter how many you have of them.
Why would you have a morality that transcended your desires in such an existence?
Off to bed for me.
Candles don't burn.

Wicks do.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#176158 Sep 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
For someone so mellow about life you sure have an edge. It is curious you find the need to attack others for belief in the supernatural and/or an afterlife. Like I said, you will have to go through it again, and you aren't quite the virgin about it you were. But you know that.
My life story is not one of "having a good time". But it has been one of enlightenment beyond what you will get in books, religious texts included. Of course it is temporary, but I have found it richer than the banal existence of most people. That satisfies my soul here, if not other places. I haven't really missed much in life experiences except for being rich, and that would scare me. I've been as low as you can get, and comfortable and fulfilled, sometimes alternately. I have also seen more than my share of treachery from those that espoused noble ideas.
You still have some issues to resolve. I could care less about them because that is not my religion, but I do care about your condemnation of those that have a religion, as it is as much a part of their support network in life as your husband and children are to you.
More creationist lies from the idiot with no proof of god, who does nnot know what honesty is.

Location hidden

#176159 Sep 1, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> All of history assumes an ancient flood. The Bible is just one source. You have multiple independent sources for that event. The kings of Europe considered Noah a historical figure. Why should anyone believe the moderns over the kings of Europe? You do know this is a matter of human history and they were far closer to the event in question and kept records of their ancestry? Philo and Josephus had sources which predated their writings. Egyptian sources which validated the Exodus. If it is all myth then why the regulation? Slave regulation? Why slave regulation (for example) in a myth? Like i said the moderns are hostile to the Bible because it contradicts their assumptions and anything that contradicts is marginalized. Be it anyone today or the ancients. The moderns also ignore independent accounts of the flood. There is just too much there to dismiss. You have the Bible down as guilty until proven innocent? Perhaps someday someone will treat you the same way you treat the Bible. Guilty until proven innocent in a matter that will really cost you. You really won't have anything to complain about. You will only be getting a taste of your own medicine.
Siple minded religious liar trying to defend his mental illness, without a single piece of solid evidence.

Why do creationists lie? is it a hobby of sorts?

Location hidden

#176160 Sep 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationist idiot too cowardly to prove his god or admit he's a liar with no evidence.

Location hidden

#176161 Sep 1, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> What you think of me is really not relevant to the discussion. Is this a personal attack? Got an argument? Anything other than another modern assumption. How many times have the moderns been proven wrong? Can i use an American history book to prove American History? You do know the Bible is a collection of writings. That means it is not a single source? What about ancestry.com . They wrong too?
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry....
You're allowed to type AFTER you've proven the god you're here to lie about to us.

Not BEFORE.

Why do Creationists have so much problem with basic logic?

If you god is real, there is proof.

There is no proof, there never has been which is why you are mentally ill liars.

Atheists converted = 0.

Location hidden

#176162 Sep 1, 2013
No atheist will ever believe a Creationist liar who lies shamelessly and without remorse.

Location hidden

#176163 Sep 1, 2013
All conversation with Creationist trolls that doesn't contain proof of god, is basically brainwashing / delaying tactics.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#176164 Sep 2, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> It explains.
<quoted text> No i really don't. Your question has to do with solving and then you jump to explaining.
<quoted text> Well if you ask a Christian then start with the bodily resurrection and teachings of Jesus Christ. Truth does not change.
Sorry but an unprovable myth is not an explanation of anything.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#176165 Sep 2, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't answer the question.
You don't know what you believe or not believe in.
Why would I need a belief? Realities fine by me. No myths needed.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176166 Sep 2, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I am very happy with my beliefs. If you want to sell me a different package. Please offer something good.
I'm not the one on trial here--**you** are, for crimes against humanity, in forcing your ugly, bigoted hate-cult onto anyone you can.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176167 Sep 2, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
God is with in me. I could feel it. I can't help you. If you knew how great it was. I know you can't take my word for this. You are at a disadvantage.
Oh, I know how "great" those delusions can be-- I used to be a cult member myself, back in the day.

When I was a teenager, I belonged to one of those "holy roller" cults.

The lure of self-induced hallucinations is a strong one.

Easily as strong as actual chemical addictions, in fact.

But you are just deluding yourself-- this I know for sure.

Why?

Because your brain is not special, it's not different from all the other brains on the planet.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176168 Sep 2, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe we will both get what we ask for. I think you know the same. Your real question should be strictly for yourself. Why do you want it all to end? I assure you, you'll get what you ask for.
That is why I am not an atheist. What you request in your beliefs, it sucks. IMO, worse than hell.
Hate speech and fantasizes of infinite torture duly noted.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176169 Sep 2, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> All of history assumes an ancient flood.
Lie.

The Navajo people do not have an ancient flood myth.

Why do you lie like this?

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#176170 Sep 2, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> One does have to vilify and assume the worst about the ancients in order to assume the moderns got it all right.(Even though they have been proven wrong time and time again.) With their modern myths about man as nothing more than soul less ape like creatures with big brains. No ancient precedent for any of that. It is just completely made up and assumed to be true and given the validation of Science. Any body who is skeptical is viewed as a Troglodyte and even worse. Well if their case is so strong why banishment tactics? Why the revulsion? Which is mostly emotional as opposed to rational. Can't compete? I read somewhere the kings of Europe could trace their ancestry back to the sons of Noah. Certainly Jesus did not treat Adam and Eve as myth. The Luke genealogy goes back to Adam the son of God. Josephus and Philo did not think Adam and Eve were myth figures. The moderns discredit themselves.
How naive you are.

1. You aren't skeptical of science. You're ignorant of it.

2. As such, you don't have the tools to be skeptical. This ignorance emboldens you to make ridiculous, naive, uninformed and laughable claims.

3. Adam and Eve are the "apical ancestors" of your mythology, like Ra, the Sun God, or the Emperor of Japan prior to his divinity being legally rescinded by the USA's imposed constitution.

4. Adam and Eve are myths. The human species was not created out of mud. Only the most base and uneducated could possibly believe that trash.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#176171 Sep 2, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
youve proved it again
youre
Internet TROLL
Why do trolls do it?
I believe that most trolls are sad people, living their lonely lives vicariously through those they see as strong and successful.
Disrupting a stable newsgroup gives the illusion of power, just as for a few, stalking a strong person allows them to think they are strong, too.
For trolls, any response is 'recognition'; they are unable to distinguish between irritation and admiration; their ego grows directly in proportion to the response, regardless of the form or content of that response.
Trolls, rather surprisingly, dispute this, claiming that it's a game or joke; this merely confirms the diagnosis; how sad do you have to be to find such mind-numbingly trivial timewasting to be funny?
Remember that trolls are cowards; they'll usually post just enough to get an argument going, then sit back and count the responses (Yes, that's what they do!).
Trolls don't have friends. On the internet, because they interact with human beings, they can convince themselves that they are important, the centre of the universe - that, to them, is better than any friendship.
Don't forget, the troll thinks he is always right, and therefore better than other folk. In real life, exactly the opposite applies. the troll has no friends and virtually no interaction with other people.
If he's a teen (many are), then he lives in his bedroom, trolling, playing computer games with 'friends'(who he doesn't know at all), and joining roleplay sites, where - of course - he is a hero, or a powerful villain, who is respected in an inverse ratio to the respect he feels for himself.
If he's an adult, then he has serious social issues. He may work, where people think he's a weirdo, and avoid him, he may sponge off his parents or be 'looking for work', which means he blames everyone for his problems. Except himself.
Most people who are out of work are nothing like the stereotype; most want to work, and gain their self respect through work and being part of the world; but the troll IS the stereotype whining scrounger, to whom the world owes a living.
Almost every troll is male; I don't know why this is.
The troll has few social skills, and most have never had a girlfriend, many never will.
There's a clear pattern among trolls; they are much more likely to ignore posts known to be from women. And when they do respond to women, they are much more likely to be brief, abusive, condescending and patronising.
This is almost certainly more due to fear than misogyny - they just don't know any women. Except Mom. But their attitude rather reduces their chances of reproducing, which is probably a good thing.
Good post, you just described all online atheist. I was trying not to bring this up, but I never meet anyone that would publicly talk like you and Little Red Bobbing Hood. I have heard many Christians say openly in public. Atheist will burn in hell. I don't say that but I would have no trouble pointing out Atheism sucks. In regards to Atheist personal life, they suck too. Thank God here is a God and I know better than you.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176172 Sep 2, 2013
UidiotRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>U are Deflecting! ABHBAHHAHAHAAa
No you are stupid, and besides the tread is "Atheism requires as much faith as religion?" Your the one Deflecting. Bitch

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176173 Sep 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound frightfully like a schizophrenic.
Perhaps you should seek a doctor who can help you with the chemical or neurological imbalance you are suffering from?
Rather have that than be an Atheist.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176174 Sep 2, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
He only offered you truth and reality.
If you can't handle it, by all means.....carry on as you are.
Ye correct, but he can't prove his truth as neither could you. I will carry on in a much superior reality, one with a day after. You and Little Red Bobbing hood, won't have that day after. I wish I could offer you carrying on, but you do know yourself, and your reality.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min harmonious 1,115,574
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 min Bruin For Life 27,603
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 1 hr a mom 348
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 1 hr litesong 1,137
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr STO 305,851
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Tue Carol 280
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sep 29 El SupremoS 201,038

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE