Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#176078 Sep 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The ancients also supposed that bleeding the ill would let the evil spirits out that were making them sick. They thought the Earth was the center of the universe, that witches were responsible for all manner of things, that albatrosses were bad luck and all manner of stupid crap.
Well they had the blueprint for healthy living and disease prevention right in the Old Testament. Keep clean eat right, healthy sexual practices. Isolate those diseased. The position of the Earth comes with no real terrible consequences. Sure they had superstitions and many do today. It did no stop them from advancing overall. I don't know what your beef is exactly except you need to make them look like fools, to marginalize them like you do everyone else because they saw things vastly different then do you. By "you" i mean collectively. To disagree with the secular collective is to reject science itself but that is just propaganda.

The Kings of Europe were able to trace their ancestry back to Noah to Adam and they did keep track so they did not believe it was myth. There is just too many independent accounts. Too much evidence the moderns cannot sweep under the rug.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#176079 Sep 1, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Well they had the blueprint for healthy living and disease prevention right in the Old Testament. Keep clean eat right, healthy sexual practices. Isolate those diseased. The position of the Earth comes with no real terrible consequences. Sure they had superstitions and many do today. It did no stop them from advancing overall. I don't know what your beef is exactly except you need to make them look like fools, to marginalize them like you do everyone else because they saw things vastly different then do you. By "you" i mean collectively. To disagree with the secular collective is to reject science itself but that is just propaganda.
The Kings of Europe were able to trace their ancestry back to Noah to Adam and they did keep track so they did not believe it was myth. There is just too many independent accounts. Too much evidence the moderns cannot sweep under the rug.
"It did no stop them from advancing overall. I don't know what your beef is exactly except you need to make them look like fools, to marginalize them like you do everyone else because they saw things vastly different then do you. By "you" i mean collectively. To disagree with the secular collective is to reject science itself but that is just propaganda."

Your mistake is gargantuan in assuming truth is secular.

"The Kings of Europe were able to trace their ancestry back to Noah to Adam and they did keep track so they did not believe it was myth."

Your second mistake is to believe the lies of those who want to enforce rule of thumb , by using your own superstition. They have duped you into this belief of entirely false claims.

The Kings of Europe were able to find and prove anything so long as you believe the lies they told.

You are living in a fantasy world, and little is real in that.

Location hidden

#176080 Sep 1, 2013
http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/72-blacks-bo...
This issue entered the public consciousness in 1965,[under President Johnson] when a now famous government report by future senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan described a “tangle of pathology” among blacks that fed a 24 percent black “illegitimacy” rate. The white rate then was 4 percent.

I’m not sure what’s shocking: That the rate for blacks has tripled in my lifetime or that whites have now surpassed the level of pathology Moynihan described.
Moynihan warned about the breakdown of the family and social pathologies which would follow back in 1965 and that was at 25% in the black community and 6% overall. Now the out of wedlock birth rate is at 40% overall. 70% in the Black community. Think it is bad now? Give it another 25 years and see what you got!

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#176081 Sep 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It boils down to if you believe there was a purpose to our creation. We ARE created, matters not how or by what.
If your life has no purpose, why do you go through the struggles? Why do you worry about the here and now and the future if it is ultimately meaningless? Gets too much and you can put yourself to eternal sleep in a hurry, you wouldn't be missing a thing except pain and anguish, right?
Life's great! Why would I want it to end?

So just what exactly is your purpose of life?
Is it to live forever?
Is it to avoid hell?
Or is it to tell God he's great!(Doesn't he already know that?)
Please tell us as I haven't heard a rational answer to that question yet.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#176082 Sep 1, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
http://www.outsidethebeltway.c om/72-blacks-born-to-unwed-mot hers/
<quoted text>
Moynihan warned about the breakdown of the family and social pathologies which would follow back in 1965 and that was at 25% in the black community and 6% overall. Now the out of wedlock birth rate is at 40% overall. 70% in the Black community. Think it is bad now? Give it another 25 years and see what you got!
The Rapture, right?
Bongo

Coram, NY

#176083 Sep 1, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
http://www.outsidethebeltway.c om/72-blacks-born-to-unwed-mot hers/
<quoted text>
The poster RR noted that satans influence started ramping up in 1962

Location hidden

#176084 Sep 1, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it to live forever?
Is it to avoid hell?
If all you have is sarcasm then perhaps you should try comedy because no one is going to take you seriously. Igor

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#176085 Sep 1, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it to live forever?
Is it to avoid hell?
Life is great for you now. What if that changes?

What about all of the other people whose lives aren't so great, but their suffering makes your great?

The question wasn't about what you went off on a tangent about. It was why hang around if there is no hope, and it just wasn't worth the struggle.

It's your non-belief. Tell us why you would hang around. A few seconds would eliminate decades of misery, and you wouldn't have missed anything. The same would apply to your progeny. You are an animal, not a holy creature.

Can you tell us, or are you going to avoid the question again?
Bongo

Coram, NY

#176086 Sep 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
What about all of the other people whose lives aren't so great, but their suffering makes your great?
The question wasn't about what you went off on a tangent about. It was why hang around if there is no hope, and it just wasn't worth the struggle.
It's your non-belief. Tell us why you would hang around. A few seconds would eliminate decades of misery, and you wouldn't have missed anything. The same would apply to your progeny. You are an animal, not a holy creature.
what are examples of quick painless exits?

Location hidden

#176087 Sep 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe your life is miserable but mines great. Why would I want it to end?

Sure this life's not going to last forever but is worrying about death going to change anything? No!
So I'll enjoy it while I can and when death approaches, at least I'll know I enjoyed my time.

Location hidden

#176088 Sep 1, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> If all you have is sarcasm then perhaps you should try comedy because no one is going to take you seriously. Igor
I wasn't joking.
Just what is your purpose in life?
Do you really have one?

Location hidden

#176089 Sep 1, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe your life is miserable but mines great. Why would I want it to end?
Sure this life's not going to last forever but is worrying about death going to change anything? No!
So I'll enjoy it while I can and when death approaches, at least I'll know I enjoyed my time.
You dodged again.

Doesn't mean shit if you enjoyed it or not. You might not even get the chance.

You want to live because you have something to lose. Take that away, what reason do you have left?

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#176090 Sep 1, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Is that a new record for a godbot?
At least three (maybe four) false statements in one go?
:)
Not even close to a record. I have seen some make four errors in one sentence.

Location hidden

#176091 Sep 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You dodged again.
Doesn't mean shit if you enjoyed it or not. You might not even get the chance.
You want to live because you have something to lose. Take that away, what reason do you have left?
Don't be stupid! How can enjoying life not mean anything?
Life's an experience. Enjoy the ride.

So what's your purpose in life? I'm telling you now you can't give me one that's not irrational.

Location hidden

#176092 Sep 1, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
And that solves what?
It explains.
So now you have to explain how an incredibly powerful and intelligent entity just exists outside of time without explanation but some cause of the universe can't.
No i really don't. Your question has to do with solving and then you jump to explaining.
A God isn't nothing, he's a something and he does need to be explained.
Well if you ask a Christian then start with the bodily resurrection and teachings of Jesus Christ. Truth does not change.

Location hidden

#176093 Sep 1, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be stupid! How can enjoying life not mean anything?
Life's an experience. Enjoy the ride.
So what's your purpose in life? I'm telling you now you can't give me one that's not irrational.
You can't answer the question.

You don't know what you believe or not believe in.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#176094 Sep 1, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even close to a record. I have seen some make four errors in one sentence.
polymath really! The way the commercials here operate, they cause mistakes. You're typing away and a commercial will cause stoppage. Only Atheist bring that up here on topix all others understand what happened. I caught you guys having the same problem. It's not note worthy.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176096 Sep 1, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
The ancients presupposed God is uncreated as indicated in plain English Quaalude bob. You question was answered before you asked but you lack comprehension skills.
Indeed-- you demonstrate your extreme educational lack once more.

And yes-- those ancients were **stupid**(or ignorant if you prefer) when it comes to Cosmology.

They thought the earth was FLAT.

They thought the sun went around the EARTH

They thought the FLAT EARTH sat atop various things... elephants, turtles, rocks, pillars, posts, etc, etc, etc.

Of course these IGNORANT people did not ask what supported **those** things...

.... but.

THEY WERE LIGHT-YEARS SMARTER THAN ...

..... YOU.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176097 Sep 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Online, Atheist are not even honest enough for very standard conversation. How would I trust them with lobbyist or drawing up government contracts.
Stalking post noted.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176098 Sep 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Answering details of your 1st half. Get me to a tread I would open up about my personal beliefs. They are just mine. Answering your last statement I do literally worship myself a piece of God is in most of us, I believe you, do know yourself you beliefs become you or vice versa. I have also all ways claimed you would never read the books I read, because they would not interest you. It's no surprise you fin my post boring. I, however find your post funny.
Yawn. Nothing of substance. Not one detail.

But lots and lots of hate in there.(along with the grammatical and spelling errors...)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Anton Ciguhr 1,156,284
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 18 min Gas pocket 2,742
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 20 min Feces for pagans 307,112
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 28 min Bruin Nation 28,495
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... 13 hr yinefsfgd 3
Should child beauty pageants be banned? Fri zubedaanur 693
UConn vs. Duke Monday night 9pm ESPN2 Dec 25 ivyawe 1
More from around the web