Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
168,901 - 168,920 of 224,426 Comments Last updated 27 min ago
Denis

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

appleboy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are right, mooze. Not much at all was really said. But I do have some thoughts on the subject.
Those who value science are people who have faith in verifiable data and observed results of experiments. Religion is something they judge on their own, regardless of what they were taught.
Those who value faith above science are people who have faith in parents, teachers and other authority figures who taught them their religion.
There are high and low IQs in both groups, though there is a greater tendency towards high IQs in the science related group.
The core value for each is faith: faith in data & observation; or faith in some trusted members of society.
This is what I do not understand atheists who most likey believe science which says there is some POWER, in the universe. Instead of saying power what holds you back to call Him God? God is a person who is the creator of everything.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> LOL! Ancestry.com is a neutral site which does a type of historical investigation. Naturally someone like you who despises truth and clings to modern myth would reject these finding based on actual evidence! Actual investigation!
Preposterous assertion, considering the bones of the hominids have no definition in this attempt to establish an ancestry without explaining them and the hundreds of thousands of years of men before the alleged Adam.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

I just clicked on to ancestry.com for the first time and entered information on my mother's side for free. The site brought up accurate information going back to the beginning of the 1900s in a matter of seconds. Actual recorded documents which goes back to the parents of my grandparents! In a matter of seconds! Damm impressive!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Preposterous assertion, considering the bones of the hominids have no definition in this attempt to establish an ancestry without explaining them and the hundreds of thousands of years of men before the alleged Adam.
Your not into an exact science. Subject to modern assumptions and interpretation.

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Murgatroyd wrote:
The christian post is spreading lies

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> LOL! Ancestry.com is a neutral site which does a type of historical investigation. Naturally someone like you who despises truth and clings to modern myth would reject these finding based on actual evidence! Actual investigation!
No truth found in that mythology

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Your not into an exact science. Subject to modern assumptions and interpretation.
Archeology isn't exact , but exacting enough that the bones speak for themselves.
When we can definitively measure the age of human bones to be 200,000 years old, we can effectively dismiss the idea of a 6,000 year lineage. That much is exact enough and not assumption like your assumption that you troglodyte science book trumps modern empirical science based on physical evidence. I find your belief to be at best laughable, and at worst ...you the subject of pity. For being so willfully ignorant to dismiss the evidence in front of your face, to cling to a proven tract of religious ignorance, that turns men into mindless morons with the beliefs born of ancient stupidity.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
I just clicked on to ancestry.com for the first time and entered information on my mother's side for free. The site brought up accurate information going back to the beginning of the 1900s in a matter of seconds. Actual recorded documents which goes back to the parents of my grandparents! In a matter of seconds! Damm impressive!
I would love to check Quantum Bob's ancestry and see which hatchery he came from.

Then they can quarantine it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Archeology isn't exact , but exacting enough that the bones speak for themselves.
When we can definitively measure the age of human bones to be 200,000 years old, we can effectively dismiss the idea of a 6,000 year lineage. That much is exact enough and not assumption like your assumption that you troglodyte science book trumps modern empirical science based on physical evidence. I find your belief to be at best laughable, and at worst ...you the subject of pity. For being so willfully ignorant to dismiss the evidence in front of your face, to cling to a proven tract of religious ignorance, that turns men into mindless morons with the beliefs born of ancient stupidity.
You can not "definitively" measure. Those measurements you call that were based on relativity, with a heavy dose of presumptions thrown in.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I just don't believe the ancients were all that stupid. I just watched a program regarding the building projects by the ancient Egyptians, for example. They still can't figure out how they did it all given their limited resources. All these written records is actual evidence far more reliable than bones and dating methods with built in assumptions which only a handful of people understand. The fact you rant and call others stupid only means your case is not all that strong because you would not have to resort to those sleaze tactics if they were. The fact remains, none of the ancients believed what the moderns do. Noah and the flood was actual history to them and you have multiple independent accounts! All the Kings of Europe can trace their ancestry back to Noah and they were all wrong and the moderns are the ones who know everything! Take it on down the road!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Dayum, that was good!!! May I borrow it sometime?
Please do.

:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
In the Beginning (Time)
God created the heavens (Space)
And the Earth (Matter)
Gen.1:1 presupposes God outside time space and matter.
What created your god, then?

If you can claim "always was"?

We can apply the SAME DODGE to the universe itself: always was (in one shape or another).

An added benefit? It removes all of your god's EVIL in one go.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>You are an idiot!
Mathematically proven debunked.
Violates the laws of science.
That position is not held in the mainstream.
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. The *mainstream* of science understands that quantum events are uncaused. The *mainstream* knows that quantum mechanics is a very good description of reality, but is an acausal theory: you do not get causality of specific events, but instead probabilities of those events happening. Further, these *are* the laws of science, so they definitely do not violate the laws of science. Finally, they are mathematical descriptions, so math does not disprove them.
In other words, you are wrong about ewvery single point of your post.
Is that a new record for a godbot?

At least three (maybe four) false statements in one go?

:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> I just don't believe the ancients were all that stupid.
Well?

Compared to **you**, they aren't.

Compared to anyone **else** with a proper education?

That's different-- they were pretty ignorant across the board....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

The ancients presupposed God is uncreated as indicated in plain English Quaalude bob. You question was answered before you asked but you lack comprehension skills.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
In the Beginning (Time)
God created the heavens (Space)
And the Earth (Matter)
Gen.1:1 presupposes God outside time space and matter.
And that solves what?

So now you have to explain how an incredibly powerful and intelligent entity just exists outside of time without explanation but some cause of the universe can't.

A God isn't nothing, he's a something and he does need to be explained.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
And that solves what?
So now you have to explain how an incredibly powerful and intelligent entity just exists outside of time without explanation but some cause of the universe can't.
A God isn't nothing, he's a something and he does need to be explained.
You are lacking a certain reality, He doesn't "need" to be explained. You may "feel" he needs to be explained.

However..

You are on the lower rung of the order of things.

Now, if you went out and stopped the next tornado in your locale by your demand, and it explained itself to you, let us know. But do keep in mind the universe is much bigger than that.

Where you people get your logic is a mystery.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are lacking a certain reality, He doesn't "need" to be explained. You may "feel" he needs to be explained.
However..
You are on the lower rung of the order of things.
Now, if you went out and stopped the next tornado in your locale by your demand, and it explained itself to you, let us know. But do keep in mind the universe is much bigger than that.
Where you people get your logic is a mystery.
If God doesn't need explaining then why should the universe?
Why can't it just exist without the need for a creator God?

Claiming God doesn't need explaining isn't logic, it's just cheating.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
The ancients presupposed God is uncreated as indicated in plain English Quaalude bob. You question was answered before you asked but you lack comprehension skills.

The ancients also supposed that bleeding the ill would let the evil spirits out that were making them sick. They thought the Earth was the center of the universe, that witches were responsible for all manner of things, that albatrosses were bad luck and all manner of stupid crap.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
If God doesn't need explaining then why should the universe?
Why can't it just exist without the need for a creator God?
Claiming God doesn't need explaining isn't logic, it's just cheating.
It boils down to if you believe there was a purpose to our creation. We ARE created, matters not how or by what.

If your life has no purpose, why do you go through the struggles? Why do you worry about the here and now and the future if it is ultimately meaningless? Gets too much and you can put yourself to eternal sleep in a hurry, you wouldn't be missing a thing except pain and anguish, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the NCAA Basketball Forum right now

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min DEM Idiots 1,082,722
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 36 min Fight On 26,712
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr The_Box 305,164
loan offer with low interest 16 hr Pastor james 1
Carmelo Anthony, Wes Johnson, Dion Waiters faci... Sun engd 2
herbal cure for HIV aids and cancer contact san... (Jun '13) Jul 26 Towolawi abdullahi 21
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Jul 24 jessirinneyswift 9
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••