Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 8,445)

Showing posts 168,881 - 168,900 of223,961
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
In the Beginning (Time)
God created the heavens (Space)
And the Earth (Matter)
Gen.1:1 presupposes God outside time space and matter.
8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden.
21 The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them.
Seems your Troglodyte tale, puts it back down to Earth.
Hard to dismiss the facts, none of which you will find in the cave mans science book off creation. So you hide your god in every niche you can think of, but cannot get it to walk amongst men, nor to present a garment of skin or anything else for that matter.
But we can get you to fantasize that the story is true, inventing in your mind ever increasingly complex reasons why it is so.
Rather than face the truth, that it wasn't really a lie, but an artful explanation by Troglodyte's. It was their story of creation , in the cave mans book of science. Written by those who had no idea what the truth really was. But invented one they could tell to set their children's minds at ease, come nightfall around the fire.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden.
21 The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them.
Seems your Troglodyte tale, puts it back down to Earth.
Hard to dismiss the facts, none of which you will find in the cave mans science book off creation. So you hide your god in every niche you can think of, but cannot get it to walk amongst men, nor to present a garment of skin or anything else for that matter.
But we can get you to fantasize that the story is true, inventing in your mind ever increasingly complex reasons why it is so.
Rather than face the truth, that it wasn't really a lie, but an artful explanation by Troglodyte's. It was their story of creation , in the cave mans book of science. Written by those who had no idea what the truth really was. But invented one they could tell to set their children's minds at ease, come nightfall around the fire.
One does have to vilify and assume the worst about the ancients in order to assume the moderns got it all right.(Even though they have been proven wrong time and time again.) With their modern myths about man as nothing more than soul less ape like creatures with big brains. No ancient precedent for any of that. It is just completely made up and assumed to be true and given the validation of Science. Any body who is skeptical is viewed as a Troglodyte and even worse. Well if their case is so strong why banishment tactics? Why the revulsion? Which is mostly emotional as opposed to rational. Can't compete? I read somewhere the kings of Europe could trace their ancestry back to the sons of Noah. Certainly Jesus did not treat Adam and Eve as myth. The Luke genealogy goes back to Adam the son of God. Josephus and Philo did not think Adam and Eve were myth figures. The moderns discredit themselves.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes, I remember that. You'll have to excuse me, the way you blather on and jumping from one subject to the other interspersed with your delusions of adequacy and self serving lies, makes you difficult to talk to.
Nothing you say is remotely important enough to backtrack and look up, so I'll give you a quick recap.
I had a dreamlike state that felt very real at the time. Neurons misfiring, physical sensations influencing the last vaguely coherent thoughts of an oxygen starved brain, etc., etc. Nothing was symbolic. When I woke up (when the brain began receiving a sufficient supply of oxygen again) I realized it was a dream, connected the dots and got busy with the business of living again. You, on the other hand still believe that your dream (hallucination)was real. Pity to be you.
Neurons misfiring in an order and synchronization capable of giving you thought.

You went to sleep instead of continuing to think with the higher brain functions. Your subconscious shut your human brain layer off.

But you were still alive. You didn't go to eternal sleep, just the sleep your subconscious puts you in every night.

Where and what were you doing when that occurred?

I went through two more shutdowns of consciousness levels of the human brain, and a wake up in another realm. I was injured in the wild and by surprise. Real time reaction to events. I was preparing, quite reluctantly, to transition into another life form and life until my body was disturbed and some blood started flowing again, making me a viable physical entity again. With some damage, and an insight I wouldn't have had otherwise. I fled my body because it hurt so damned bad. I started with a fully intact but dislocated consciousness that found itself looking around after going through a black tunnel with no lights, and then noticing something was wrong.

You sit there writing and poo poohing from an entirely subjective and limited experience, based upon what you have read, an outside looking in. I put the recollections back and have studied the processes from the inside out.

At some point in your experience things would have got a lot more serious about what was happening. You were easing into an exit. There is another door after that one.

“Go ahead.”

Since: Mar 11

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
In the Beginning (Time)
And the Earth (Matter)
No, uneducated one. You presuppose a deity - an imagined being - because of social, cultural, neurological, adaptive and historical reasons.

And you, thoughtless, with great and unending willful ignorance, believe that the above has some explanatory power.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>You are an idiot!
Mathematically proven debunked.
Violates the laws of science.
That position is not held in the mainstream.
Wrong. The *mainstream* of science understands that quantum events are uncaused. The *mainstream* knows that quantum mechanics is a very good description of reality, but is an acausal theory: you do not get causality of specific events, but instead probabilities of those events happening. Further, these *are* the laws of science, so they definitely do not violate the laws of science. Finally, they are mathematical descriptions, so math does not disprove them.

In other words, you are wrong about ewvery single point of your post.

“Go ahead.”

Since: Mar 11

Make my day.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Neurons misfiring in an order and synchronization capable of giving you thought.
Dave, baby, neurons don't misfire and produce thought. Neurons fire properly and produce thought.

Unless of course the person in question is certifiably insane or has brain damage. Then neurons misfire all the time - and the thought that regular neurons are producing gets jumbled. So...no, once again.

Turn up the O2 and try again. Breathe deeply. Inhale, slowly. Exhale slowly. And again. And repeat. Ok, good.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh stop it Bob you know less than nothing about Quantum. It should be a sarcastic nickname like the fat boy called slim.
But I *do* know a bit about quantum mechanics and Bob is correct in what he stated. Quantum mechanics is an acausal theory: specific events are not caused. Instead, probabilities of events are determined mathematically from the laws of physics (i.e, quantum physics). Essentially every quantum event is uncaused.

“Exit Stage Right”

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Einstein got this one right so I'll use his words.....
"Strange is our situation here on Earth. Each of us comes for a short visit, not knowing why, yet sometimes seeming to divine a purpose.
From the standpoint of daily life, however, there is one thing we do know: that man is here for the sake of other men - above all for those whose smiles and well-being our own happiness depends"
Just saying
http://www.christianpost.com/news/book-confir...

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
That could be the most stupid post I ever read. But I'll treat it as a theory. A THEORY!!!!! Not proven. A THEORY!!!! OMG, it really is not worthy of being called that but, for the sake of argument. you can't prove that, therefore... be lucky I call it that. And that is a THEORY. theory.
Actually, it is one distinct possibility that is consistent with everything we know about the universe at this point. It is even a prediction of those theories that merge quantum mechanics and general relativity, such as string thoery and loop quantum gravity.

Do you care to give an alternative theory that incorporates both QM and GR? If so, please present it and we can discuss it.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

lightbeamrider wrote:
http://freepages.genealogy.roo tsweb.ancestry.com/~heddins/Ad am-Eve-Desc.htm
Pure mythology. No connection to reality.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>
In the Beginning (Time)
And the Earth (Matter)

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I really love this. Instead of admitting you can't prove how The Universe started. You claim The Universe has not started. I hope I am awake when it does.
If matter and energy have existed for all time, then the universe did not start. It has always been going. Is that so hard for you to understand?

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =nZiROWO6iVs&feature=youtu .be
Above is a link to Dr M. Kaku deliver one of his latest THEORIES. For all that watch they will feel as it reinforces his or her beliefs in their faith. Please note that he never claims what he offers is the final answer. With each item he learns he has further THEORIES. In which he looks forward to attempting to prove. This is why Dr Kaku is on the top shelf, and the people that teach you to be close minded do what those that can't do. And that is teach. The highest level does not jump the gun.
And you notice that Kaku's positions are based on actual data. That is the difference between science and religion: science adjusts based on actual evidence and facts, while religion tells us to ignore the facts and maintain faith.
Atheist can not prove their claims because they do not have enough knowledge to claim proof that there was and is no creator. That day will never come. Especially if humanity is to become an atheist society. Which is a day that should be avoided, by all means.
Nobody has given any way of even defining the concept of a God to the extent it can be tested. Until a specific test can be given, it isn't even a question about reality: it is only a matter of opinion and imagination.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. The *mainstream* of science understands that quantum events are uncaused. The *mainstream* knows that quantum mechanics is a very good description of reality, but is an acausal theory: you do not get causality of specific events, but instead probabilities of those events happening. Further, these *are* the laws of science, so they definitely do not violate the laws of science. Finally, they are mathematical descriptions, so math does not disprove them.
In other words, you are wrong about ewvery single point of your post.
Poly, you don't seem to grasp that quantum physics is just a measuring system. That is why it acausal system you say it is.

Things just are, and this is how we measure it. That is quantum physics as you described.

OF COURSE YOU WON'T SEE ANY CAUSALITY.

You are stuck worshiping a measuring system instead of the causations of what you are measuring. This will also give rise to your belief in random generation because you aren't looking beyond the material you are measuring.

Question, is their design of some sort in those quantum actions that makes for coherent interactions of them? You can translate that to are there laws governing their actions.

Good God, man, you believe in these "virtual particles" appearing out of nowhere and not in a higher force or intelligence at work? There is a disconnect there in your logic of reality.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave, baby, neurons don't misfire and produce thought. Neurons fire properly and produce thought.
Unless of course the person in question is certifiably insane or has brain damage. Then neurons misfire all the time - and the thought that regular neurons are producing gets jumbled. So...no, once again.
Turn up the O2 and try again. Breathe deeply. Inhale, slowly. Exhale slowly. And again. And repeat. Ok, good.
Sweetie love, you have a few misfiring in your logic and understanding of what is being discussed.

I said if you are having a dream you are having coherent thoughts. Those "misfiring" neurons are doing so to make a movie.

The lady said she was dreaming while dying. Something triggered that dream process. That dream process is done in your higher "human" brain circuitry. If that level is not functioning, then a lower or deeper level is.

This is a program written into you to exit this existence. This could not have been written by the strictly materialistic evolution you proclaim. There is just not any damned reason for "nature" to give a shit about the pain and suffering you go through upon expiration. Your materialistic function is over. For such a program to be written and entered into the human genome some ancestor would have to survive the experience, have it written to their genes, and then passed on to their babies, and their descendants then became modern man.

There is no imperative for nature to put you to sleep before you physically die. Why would she care?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Ancestry.com is a neutral site which does a type of historical investigation. Naturally someone like you who despises truth and clings to modern myth would reject these finding based on actual evidence! Actual investigation!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Murgatroyd wrote:
Read that book.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Poly, you don't seem to grasp that quantum physics is just a measuring system. That is why it acausal system you say it is.
Things just are, and this is how we measure it. That is quantum physics as you described.
OF COURSE YOU WON'T SEE ANY CAUSALITY.
You are stuck worshiping a measuring system instead of the causations of what you are measuring. This will also give rise to your belief in random generation because you aren't looking beyond the material you are measuring.
Question, is their design of some sort in those quantum actions that makes for coherent interactions of them? You can translate that to are there laws governing their actions.
Good God, man, you believe in these "virtual particles" appearing out of nowhere and not in a higher force or intelligence at work? There is a disconnect there in your logic of reality.
When you're able to prove the god you're ranting about, you will be regarded with less suspicion and mistrust

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> LOL! Ancestry.com is a neutral site which does a type of historical investigation. Naturally someone like you who despises truth and clings to modern myth would reject these finding based on actual evidence! Actual investigation!
When you're able to prove your the god of your creationist cult, you will look less stupid than everyone before you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 168,881 - 168,900 of223,961
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min EasyEed 1,078,140
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Mychihuahuawillbite 305,063
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr FLORIDA SWAMPER 26,640
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Sun Danny 2
loan needed (Dec '13) Sun Danny 4
Hairston's bounceback game highlights big day f... Jul 16 Go go d 1
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Jul 15 AnnCarter 8
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••