Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 255959 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176122 Sep 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
No counter argument is needed. It is just a theory at best. You can't prove it, and if you could you'd be very well off. Why do you continue this, as I said. It can not be done. It is funny that you try. I honestly don't think it's a strong theory.
So?

It's one possible explanation.

You just don't like it because there is no "gawd" involved.

As result, it's stronger than **anything** you have proposed.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176123 Sep 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do, every morning.
Really?

Yet you cannot share?

In short: you are simply lying.

Again.
UidiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#176124 Sep 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The religitards will have to first construct a hell to go to, Hitler nearly succeeded and at least for a time he brought hell to Earth.
Your new Hilter = Satan = US militaristic Imperialism; and lowly minions , the little the devils are those your religitards Xtain fundie Soldiers of US Military industrial Complex. Yes , No , Maybe? I'm clueless?

BHAHHHAHAAaa

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176125 Sep 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I think what is in store for them is worse than hell.
Hate speech and fantasizes of infinite torture duly noted.

United States

#176126 Sep 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
No counter argument is needed. It is just a theory at best. You can't prove it, and if you could you'd be very well off. Why do you continue this, as I said. It can not be done. It is funny that you try. I honestly don't think it's a strong theory.
Interjecting this post of you addressed to Bob.

Give example of Weak theory and strong theory ,explain in detailed brief synopsis.

BAHAHHAAHaaa

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#176127 Sep 1, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have ONE (1) FACT that would back your silly claim of "god"?
Just one-- that's all anyone asks.
No?
I am very happy with my beliefs. If you want to sell me a different package. Please offer something good.

Atheism, no soul. I have felt yearning. That's enough proof for me. I have a soul. I move on into another existence after this life. In my case I come back as another person.

No soul, no afterlife..... Atheism does suck. You're not throwing great parties.

Atheism sucks so much, if you could prove it, which you know you can't. I still wouldn't want to be it. If you ever did prove it as fact, and thank God you can't and it isn't. That would humanities worse day. Being slaved by Extra Terrestrials wouldn't be as bad. Spreading atheist is worse than not picking up after your dog, after deliberately giving him diarrhea. I don't think I could exaggerate about how bad atheism is. I would take any religion over it. It is unbecoming, putting it mildly.

United States

#176128 Sep 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do, every morning.
You and Bob should get up in morning have cup of Joe and talk it over . BAHHAHAHHHA

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176129 Sep 1, 2013
UidiotRACEMAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Interjecting this post of you addressed to Bob.
Give example of Weak theory and strong theory ,explain in detailed brief synopsis.
BAHAHHAAHaaa
You can't figure it out on your own. I can't help you

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176130 Sep 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Really?
Yet you cannot share?
In short: you are simply lying.
Again.
God is with in me. I could feel it. I can't help you. If you knew how great it was. I know you can't take my word for this. You are at a disadvantage.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#176131 Sep 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It boils down to if you believe there was a purpose to our creation. We ARE created, matters not how or by what.
If your life has no purpose, why do you go through the struggles? Why do you worry about the here and now and the future if it is ultimately meaningless? Gets too much and you can put yourself to eternal sleep in a hurry, you wouldn't be missing a thing except pain and anguish, right?
My parents created me. My husband and I created our children (I was there from start to finish) and so it goes.

Your life may be meaningless (another subjective opinion on your part) but mine, fortunately is filled with purpose. I've had a good time so far, the ups AND the downs, it's all part of the experience. When I'm gone, there are plenty of others to carry on and this world will keep on spinning for a long, long time. Kind of nice really, I enjoy being a part of it.

You really must quit projecting, Sparky, not everyone has your sour apple heart;0)

United States

#176132 Sep 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't figure it out on your own. I can't help you
U are Deflecting! ABHBAHHAHAHAAa

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#176133 Sep 1, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, the old dark tunnel. I remember it well. So what? A dream is a dream is a dream.
I had not heard of NDE's at the time, so there was nothing to read. Sure I'm subjective, it's MY experience.....so is your experience and your interpretation of it.....subjective.
[email protected]* GET OVER IT!
The only difference between a dream and a reality is which one you wake from, sweetness.

I never heard of them, either. This was 20 years ago.

You know yours was subjective. What makes you so sure everyone else's was, too? Not to mention your absolute truth proclamation that death is just going to sleep?

Your big deal so what attitude is whistling past the graveyard. You have to go through the experience again. You just hope you are right.

I don't hit women.
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#176134 Sep 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
God is with in me. I could feel it. I can't help you. If you knew how great it was. I know you can't take my word for this. You are at a disadvantage.
youre
Internet TROLL Chunkyboy

Why do trolls do it?

I believe that most trolls are sad people, living their lonely lives vicariously through those they see as strong and successful.

Disrupting a stable newsgroup gives the illusion of power, just as for a few, stalking a strong person allows them to think they are strong, too.

For trolls, any response is 'recognition'; they are unable to distinguish between irritation and admiration; their ego grows directly in proportion to the response, regardless of the form or content of that response.

Trolls, rather surprisingly, dispute this, claiming that it's a game or joke; this merely confirms the diagnosis; how sad do you have to be to find such mind-numbingly trivial timewasting to be funny?

Remember that trolls are cowards; they'll usually post just enough to get an argument going, then sit back and count the responses (Yes, that's what they do!).
Trolls don't have friends. On the internet, because they interact with human beings, they can convince themselves that they are important, the centre of the universe - that, to them, is better than any friendship.

Don't forget, the troll thinks he is always right, and therefore better than other folk. In real life, exactly the opposite applies. the troll has no friends and virtually no interaction with other people.

If he's a teen (many are), then he lives in his bedroom, trolling, playing computer games with 'friends'(who he doesn't know at all), and joining roleplay sites, where - of course - he is a hero, or a powerful villain, who is respected in an inverse ratio to the respect he feels for himself.

If he's an adult, then he has serious social issues. He may work, where people think he's a weirdo, and avoid him, he may sponge off his parents or be 'looking for work', which means he blames everyone for his problems. Except himself.
Most people who are out of work are nothing like the stereotype; most want to work, and gain their self respect through work and being part of the world; but the troll IS the stereotype whining scrounger, to whom the world owes a living.

Almost every troll is male; I don't know why this is.

The troll has few social skills, and most have never had a girlfriend, many never will.

There's a clear pattern among trolls; they are much more likely to ignore posts known to be from women. And when they do respond to women, they are much more likely to be brief, abusive, condescending and patronising.

This is almost certainly more due to fear than misogyny - they just don't know any women. Except Mom. But their attitude rather reduces their chances of reproducing, which is probably a good thing.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#176135 Sep 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Hate speech and fantasizes of infinite torture duly noted.
I do believe we will both get what we ask for. I think you know the same. Your real question should be strictly for yourself. Why do you want it all to end? I assure you, you'll get what you ask for.

That is why I am not an atheist. What you request in your beliefs, it sucks. IMO, worse than hell.
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#176136 Sep 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I do believe we will both get what we ask for. I think you know the same. Your real question should be strictly for yourself. Why do you want it all to end? I assure you, you'll get what you ask for.
That is why I am not an atheist. What you request in your beliefs, it sucks. IMO, worse than hell.
youve proved it again

youre
Internet TROLL
Why do trolls do it?

I believe that most trolls are sad people, living their lonely lives vicariously through those they see as strong and successful.

Disrupting a stable newsgroup gives the illusion of power, just as for a few, stalking a strong person allows them to think they are strong, too.

For trolls, any response is 'recognition'; they are unable to distinguish between irritation and admiration; their ego grows directly in proportion to the response, regardless of the form or content of that response.

Trolls, rather surprisingly, dispute this, claiming that it's a game or joke; this merely confirms the diagnosis; how sad do you have to be to find such mind-numbingly trivial timewasting to be funny?

Remember that trolls are cowards; they'll usually post just enough to get an argument going, then sit back and count the responses (Yes, that's what they do!).
Trolls don't have friends. On the internet, because they interact with human beings, they can convince themselves that they are important, the centre of the universe - that, to them, is better than any friendship.

Don't forget, the troll thinks he is always right, and therefore better than other folk. In real life, exactly the opposite applies. the troll has no friends and virtually no interaction with other people.

If he's a teen (many are), then he lives in his bedroom, trolling, playing computer games with 'friends'(who he doesn't know at all), and joining roleplay sites, where - of course - he is a hero, or a powerful villain, who is respected in an inverse ratio to the respect he feels for himself.

If he's an adult, then he has serious social issues. He may work, where people think he's a weirdo, and avoid him, he may sponge off his parents or be 'looking for work', which means he blames everyone for his problems. Except himself.
Most people who are out of work are nothing like the stereotype; most want to work, and gain their self respect through work and being part of the world; but the troll IS the stereotype whining scrounger, to whom the world owes a living.

Almost every troll is male; I don't know why this is.

The troll has few social skills, and most have never had a girlfriend, many never will.

There's a clear pattern among trolls; they are much more likely to ignore posts known to be from women. And when they do respond to women, they are much more likely to be brief, abusive, condescending and patronising.

This is almost certainly more due to fear than misogyny - they just don't know any women. Except Mom. But their attitude rather reduces their chances of reproducing, which is probably a good thing.

Lamar, CO

#176137 Sep 1, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
My parents created me. My husband and I created our children (I was there from start to finish) and so it goes.
Your life may be meaningless (another subjective opinion on your part) but mine, fortunately is filled with purpose. I've had a good time so far, the ups AND the downs, it's all part of the experience. When I'm gone, there are plenty of others to carry on and this world will keep on spinning for a long, long time. Kind of nice really, I enjoy being a part of it.
You really must quit projecting, Sparky, not everyone has your sour apple heart;0)
I was asking that question of Igor.

Purpose is a good answer. Although it covers a lot of territory.

A woman's or a child's smile,and their need for him, has kept many a man going doing things he didn't want to do, or were killing him. You have to look past the immediate and this life for that sort of thing. You don't get that from Topix atheism.

Lamar, CO

#176138 Sep 1, 2013
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

#176139 Sep 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I was asking that question of Igor.
Purpose is a good answer. Although it covers a lot of territory.
A woman's or a child's smile,and their need for him, has kept many a man going doing things he didn't want to do, or were killing him. You have to look past the immediate and this life for that sort of thing. You don't get that from Topix atheism.
youre wrong,

many people get plenty from topix atheism,YOU included!

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#176140 Sep 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I am very happy with my beliefs. If you want to sell me a different package. Please offer something good.
Atheism, no soul. I have felt yearning. That's enough proof for me. I have a soul. I move on into another existence after this life. In my case I come back as another person.
No soul, no afterlife..... Atheism does suck. You're not throwing great parties.
Atheism sucks so much, if you could prove it, which you know you can't. I still wouldn't want to be it. If you ever did prove it as fact, and thank God you can't and it isn't. That would humanities worse day. Being slaved by Extra Terrestrials wouldn't be as bad. Spreading atheist is worse than not picking up after your dog, after deliberately giving him diarrhea. I don't think I could exaggerate about how bad atheism is. I would take any religion over it. It is unbecoming, putting it mildly.

You sound frightfully like a schizophrenic.
Perhaps you should seek a doctor who can help you with the chemical or neurological imbalance you are suffering from?

“Exercise Your Brain”

Since: Jun 07

Planet Earth

#176141 Sep 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't answer the question.
You don't know what you believe or not believe in.
He did answer the question you poor imbecile. Much better than I did, as a matter of fact.

Are you afraid that someone's having a better time than you are?

I held my 6 month old granddaughter this past weekend, she already knows her purpose. She's a happy baby most of the time and someone cares enough about her to take care of her when she's cranky. She sat in my lap and laughed at the antics of the cat. It doesn't get much better than that.

You can enjoy your family, you can love your work, or just enjoy the sound of rain when you're warm and dry in your own bed. Not enough for you? Hey, go contribute to the cure of cancer or visit someone in the hospital....you know, something more noble sounding. Whatever floats your boat;0)

When I'm dead I won't enjoy life anymore, maybe I'll be grateful for surcease of pain....who knows how it will end? I'll stick around and find out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Realtime 1,403,738
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 13 hr Into The Night 9,988
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 17 hr zef 311,487
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sat Trojan 32,307
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 22 Frankie Rizzo 201,877
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Jul 21 Ceren 7
What Ever Happen To Niagara Basketball (May '15) Jul 17 Disappointed PE 3
More from around the web