Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 254885 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#176091 Sep 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You dodged again.
Doesn't mean shit if you enjoyed it or not. You might not even get the chance.
You want to live because you have something to lose. Take that away, what reason do you have left?
Don't be stupid! How can enjoying life not mean anything?
Life's an experience. Enjoy the ride.

So what's your purpose in life? I'm telling you now you can't give me one that's not irrational.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#176092 Sep 1, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
And that solves what?
It explains.
So now you have to explain how an incredibly powerful and intelligent entity just exists outside of time without explanation but some cause of the universe can't.
No i really don't. Your question has to do with solving and then you jump to explaining.
A God isn't nothing, he's a something and he does need to be explained.
Well if you ask a Christian then start with the bodily resurrection and teachings of Jesus Christ. Truth does not change.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#176093 Sep 1, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be stupid! How can enjoying life not mean anything?
Life's an experience. Enjoy the ride.
So what's your purpose in life? I'm telling you now you can't give me one that's not irrational.
You can't answer the question.

You don't know what you believe or not believe in.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#176094 Sep 1, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even close to a record. I have seen some make four errors in one sentence.
polymath really! The way the commercials here operate, they cause mistakes. You're typing away and a commercial will cause stoppage. Only Atheist bring that up here on topix all others understand what happened. I caught you guys having the same problem. It's not note worthy.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176096 Sep 1, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
The ancients presupposed God is uncreated as indicated in plain English Quaalude bob. You question was answered before you asked but you lack comprehension skills.
Indeed-- you demonstrate your extreme educational lack once more.

And yes-- those ancients were **stupid**(or ignorant if you prefer) when it comes to Cosmology.

They thought the earth was FLAT.

They thought the sun went around the EARTH

They thought the FLAT EARTH sat atop various things... elephants, turtles, rocks, pillars, posts, etc, etc, etc.

Of course these IGNORANT people did not ask what supported **those** things...

.... but.

THEY WERE LIGHT-YEARS SMARTER THAN ...

..... YOU.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176097 Sep 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Online, Atheist are not even honest enough for very standard conversation. How would I trust them with lobbyist or drawing up government contracts.
Stalking post noted.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176098 Sep 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Answering details of your 1st half. Get me to a tread I would open up about my personal beliefs. They are just mine. Answering your last statement I do literally worship myself a piece of God is in most of us, I believe you, do know yourself you beliefs become you or vice versa. I have also all ways claimed you would never read the books I read, because they would not interest you. It's no surprise you fin my post boring. I, however find your post funny.
Yawn. Nothing of substance. Not one detail.

But lots and lots of hate in there.(along with the grammatical and spelling errors...)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176099 Sep 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't admit the idea time is yet to begin is stupid. I really don't see how it favors atheist or theist. We could call it a theory. Like I said some times you post the funniest stuff.
Polymath-- our local math and physics genus, agrees with me-- my point was a valid possibility: the universe could always have existed in one shape or another.

But you? You cannot muster up a COUNTER-ARGUMENT.

So you stoop to your childish antics, as in the above.

Oh, and of course: stalking post noted.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176100 Sep 1, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Education now is, in large part, indoctrination.
Maybe for you it is. Of course, what you call "education" the **rest** of the civilized world calls "brainwashing".
lightbeamrider wrote:
That is why you have men getting married to each other wearing dresses along with the young believing they are little more than big brained apes.
WTF? Your hate and bigotry is rising to the top, again.
lightbeamrider wrote:
Some may carry these assumptions to their natural conclusions. They may for example shoot up a school, kill students wearing shirts which say 'Natural Selection' on them.
A fine-fine example of christians murdering non-christians.

Thanks for reminding the world of the consequences of your cult's behavior.
lightbeamrider wrote:
They may shoot an athlete because they are bored. They may form gangs and shoot each other in record numbers.
All due to Religion's brainwashing-- correct!
lightbeamrider wrote:
They are not told they are image of God and are accountable to God for their treatment of each other.
That does not help-- prisons are FULL of people who were told that.

And?

The Pilots on 9/11 BELIEVED THAT TOO.

Does not help-- in fact? IT MAKES IT WORSE.
lightbeamrider wrote:
Nor do they have responsible adult male role models. That is why people are pulling their children out of public education.
See above-- the "responsible adult male role models" are too busy molesting the younger set, or stealing monies from people who can ill afford to lose any, or worse...

... preaching your ugly cults messages of HATE.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176101 Sep 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me get this straight, when you pass your organs will be donated. That is very nice of you. Further instructions of your organs are, that after the person that receives the passes away, if that person wishes to be buried they must first remove your donated organ for cremation. Or maybe that person would have to sign a waiver that he or she will be cremated. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW FUNNY YOU ARE.
You are as stupid as you are obsessive-compulsive.

I said donated to a medical school/facility.

At my age? My organs are not worth anything to anyone-- worn out.

So, the next generation of medical students can cut up my discarded corpse to learn what they need to learn to be good doctors.

When they are done learning? Cremate anything left over.

In any case? I will be DEAD and BEYOND CARING.

Did **you** have issues with your "life" BEFORE you were born?

No?

Why not?

And as always: stalking post noted.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176102 Sep 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You and I have different realities. I don't have the time to co on about it, and it really is just that simple.
Polymath is a genius.

You are just a boorish, hate-filled obsessive-compulsive with delusions of adequacy.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176103 Sep 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
OK it's a theory.
See?

Your intense desire to HATE ME has caused you to be a real azz.

Classic.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176104 Sep 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. My statement is nothing could be proven. I strongly favor there being a creator/protector. Protector does not mean Superman saving Lois Lane. The refection is more in terms of us not getting invaded by superior beings. Perhaps God will show us his hand when we try to rape another planet.
Do you have ONE (1) FACT that would back your silly claim of "god"?

Just one-- that's all anyone asks.

No?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176105 Sep 1, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Well they had the blueprint for healthy living and disease prevention right in the Old Testament.
Bullshit... plain and simple-- bullshit.

I've actually eaten "Ezekiel bread", bread made **exactly** from the OT recipe.

It was so aweful, the local birds wouldn't touch it.

It would have had to improve to **rise** to the lofty level of wet cardboard.

Seriously.

Your OT is a JOKE among anyone with a brain.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176106 Sep 1, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even close to a record. I have seen some make four errors in one sentence.
Good point.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176107 Sep 1, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> It explains.
The phrase "god did it" does not explain anything.

Fail.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#176108 Sep 1, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
polymath really! The way the commercials here operate, they cause mistakes.
And you are too lazy to proofread before you click on "POST COMMENT"?

That figures.
Robert Stevens wrote:
You're typing away and a commercial will cause stoppage.
Not to me-- I have that issue under control. For one, I use a Firefox plug-in that prevents scripts from running.(No Script)

Next, I have blocked under the <security> settings, all the most common add server domains.

Those two prevent all but the passive commercials from even showing up. Most of the time, all I see are place-holders-- empty place holders.

This is not rocket science here-- a basic understanding of the internet is all you need...

.... wait...

.......... I see your problem...

.. nevermind.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#176109 Sep 1, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Polymath-- our local math and physics genus, agrees with me-- my point was a valid possibility: the universe could always have existed in one shape or another.
But you? You cannot muster up a COUNTER-ARGUMENT.
So you stoop to your childish antics, as in the above.
Oh, and of course: stalking post noted.
No counter argument is needed. It is just a theory at best. You can't prove it, and if you could you'd be very well off. Why do you continue this, as I said. It can not be done. It is funny that you try. I honestly don't think it's a strong theory.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#176110 Sep 1, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Polymath is a genius.
Tell him how much of a genius you think he is when you are both in hell. Have a nice evening Quaalude bob.
UidiotRACEMAKEWO RLDPEACE

United States

#176111 Sep 1, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
http://www.outsidethebeltway.c om/72-blacks-born-to-unwed-mot hers/
<quoted text>
Moynihan warned about the breakdown of the family and social pathologies which would follow back in 1965 and that was at 25% in the black community and 6% overall. Now the out of wedlock birth rate is at 40% overall. 70% in the Black community. Think it is bad now? Give it another 25 years and see what you got!
Statistic is Funny! FUNNY! BWHAHHAHAHAAHHAaa

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 26 min Three Days 310,956
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Into The Night 9,534
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Fri Papi Chulo 32,247
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 28 Ela 39
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 27 Jesse 201,845
News Kenny Drummond's Prep School Thingy (Jan '08) Apr 23 Bret Link 21
News LA Tech's Tyler Summitt resigns because of inap... Apr 9 binaries 1
More from around the web