Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#175515 Aug 25, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You got it wrong, it's....
1,2, Freddy's Coming For You.
3,4, Better Lock Your Door.
5,6, Grab Your Crucifix.
7,8, Gonna Stay Up Late.
9, 10, Never Sleep Again
you have some real bad dreams! start saying your prayers

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175516 Aug 25, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
It is worse than any night terror I had.
Did you ever dream of being tortured forever in HELL, just because you were BORN ON THE WRONG CONTINENT?

Hmmm?

If you had been born in, say, INDIA? You'd be Hindu-- not christian.

AND ACCORDING TO YOUR UGLY FAITH? YOU'D BE TORTURED FOREVER.

That is horrible!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175517 Aug 25, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
Misery loves company,
Is that why you are so full of misery and hate?

Hmmmm....
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#175518 Aug 25, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple minded Bob. He just can't grasp the subtleties in existing.
A normal person is quite aware I am not a fundie, yet you and others believe so to feed your issues. But here I will play one for discussion's sake.
"Proving" that God is real to your material satisfaction is second guessing that God. That is going out of design parameters. You are supposed to prove it to yourself. God realized he made junk, especially when he let it breed and create varied copies of its self. It may be his way of recycling and getting the good stuff out of it. One reason a Jesus was sent with a message and a candle left in the window.
You are on your own, Bobby. In this huge unknown expanse of universe and existence, you are all by yourself unless you make a call.
No one can walk you home, little boy.
You KNOW Gods design parameters, you KNOW God realizes he made junk, you KNOW he permitted us to breed, you KNOW it might be his way of recycling, you KNOW Jesus was sent by God, you KNOW Jesus was sent with a message. You seem to have unlimited knowledge concerning this God, yet you can't even begin to define exactly what it is. You can't tell us anything about his/he,its properties, where it can be located and how one might examine and test such a being. How is it you have all this knowledge about God, yet you can't define it for us? Exactly, and I mean EXACTLY how do you come by this knowledge????

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175519 Aug 25, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>That would be funny if you weren't so ugly.
Thank you for your display of Genuine Christian™ Hate.

Just like your Jewus taught you to.

Nice.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175520 Aug 25, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Until I started dealing with creationists, I never in my wildest dreams imagined that this level of stupidity could even exist!! Boy was I WRONG!!!!
It is pretty disgusting, is it not?

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#175521 Aug 25, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Until I started dealing with creationists, I never in my wildest dreams imagined that this level of stupidity could even exist!! Boy was I WRONG!!!!
Being wrong is nothing unusual for you. You encounter that every time you wander off from your support group. Why the drama?
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#175522 Aug 25, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>! Call Clownie what you may, but, at least he's not a low-life, lazy, hot air bag, do nothing, griping atheist. You losers couldn't find a cure for two-way traffic, even if you were driving down a one-way street. What do you worthless pieces of brainless flesh do other sit around all day bitching about the worlds ills? What's your favorite saying again? Oh, yeah... Whoa is me? LMAO!!!
I'm talking about your minority pack of Godless heathens. A mere minority in the world's population of billions. Hmmm! tell Clownie... have you atheists found a cure for world hunger, cancer, or aids. or senseless murders? Dammit, where is your religion of science hiding at? Where are all your problem solving scientist ? Get out there and shake the bushes. Get those brains in lab apparel that common sense forgot to working some overtime. While you're at it, quit running your know-nothing mouth and get off your fat, lazy @ss and get with the program. Come on Mr. Cure-All, times a wasting!
I'm not calling you names here, where did you get that idea. You're obviously a child, there is nothing wrong or insulting about that. I am simply stating that I don't have adult conversations with children, what would be the point? Sorry if you are offended, I really didn't mean to insult you, as you apparently like to do to others. Thats one of the reasons I know you are a child. They don't have the education to carry on an adult conversation so they rant and rave and call people names rather that discuss the issues. So you can continue to post messages to me, but please understand, I DON'T HAVE ADULT CONVERSATIONS WITH CHILDREN. Thanks for your understanding!!!
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#175524 Aug 25, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Being wrong is nothing unusual for you. You encounter that every time you wander off from your support group. Why the drama?
Correct, being wrong is a very human thing, you mean you are never wrong? Being wrong sometimes means you are acting on faulty information, or lack the expertise to make a comment, that may in fact be wrong. I have written and player "wrong" notes, usually because of lack of focus, or neglecting attention to detail. Many times a bad decisions results in you being wrong. In light of all of that, I do aspire to make better decisions, focus more and try to stay educated on as many subjects as time allows. How about you, what do you do to limit being wrong?

Of course one of the things that helps me immensely is making sure that the beliefs I hold are true, and not just because they feel good. I eliminate as many faults beefs as possible, and keep those for which I have verifiable evidence. Try it!!!!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#175525 Aug 25, 2013
T-Town clown retard wrote:
<quoted text>
That t-town is certainly a winner....
http://imageshack.us/a/img193/8886/superretar...
nobody clicks on the link of a turd!!!

Westcliffe, CO

#175526 Aug 25, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You KNOW Gods design parameters, you KNOW God realizes he made junk, you KNOW he permitted us to breed, you KNOW it might be his way of recycling, you KNOW Jesus was sent by God, you KNOW Jesus was sent with a message. You seem to have unlimited knowledge concerning this God, yet you can't even begin to define exactly what it is. You can't tell us anything about his/he,its properties, where it can be located and how one might examine and test such a being. How is it you have all this knowledge about God, yet you can't define it for us? Exactly, and I mean EXACTLY how do you come by this knowledge????
I guess you didn't read what I posted. Then you go into a rant.

Must be your horn tooting experience.

Westcliffe, CO

#175527 Aug 25, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Correct, being wrong is a very human thing, you mean you are never wrong? Being wrong sometimes means you are acting on faulty information, or lack the expertise to make a comment, that may in fact be wrong. I have written and player "wrong" notes, usually because of lack of focus, or neglecting attention to detail. Many times a bad decisions results in you being wrong. In light of all of that, I do aspire to make better decisions, focus more and try to stay educated on as many subjects as time allows. How about you, what do you do to limit being wrong?
Of course one of the things that helps me immensely is making sure that the beliefs I hold are true, and not just because they feel good. I eliminate as many faults beefs as possible, and keep those for which I have verifiable evidence. Try it!!!!
"try to stay educated"

"what do you do to limit being wrong?"

I observe, discern, and learn.

As indicated by your statement, you are happy with letting others tell you what is and what isn't for conversational purposes.

That means I learned by hard knocks and you are a shallow, topical as*hole. Other than your immediate personal passions, you exert no effort to learn more about your existence than reading a book someone wrote about it.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#175528 Aug 25, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not calling you names here, where did you get that idea. You're obviously a child, there is nothing wrong or insulting about that. I am simply stating that I don't have adult conversations with children, what would be the point? Sorry if you are offended, I really didn't mean to insult you, as you apparently like to do to others. Thats one of the reasons I know you are a child. They don't have the education to carry on an adult conversation so they rant and rave and call people names rather that discuss the issues. So you can continue to post messages to me, but please understand, I DON'T HAVE ADULT CONVERSATIONS WITH CHILDREN. Thanks for your understanding!!!
Listen numb nuts, Clownie the Anointed doesn't hate you brainless heathens. He just feels extremely sorry for you losers, and points out your ignorant ways of continuously staying losers. Clownie actually feels great pity for you intellectually challenged twits. It's amazing how you continue to show your supreme stupidity. God put yours truly here on Topix for a reason. To show others who are lost and confused, that there is a chance to end up in Heaven, if you choose the right path in life, and not wander down the broad highway to stupidity that you atheistic morons are on. To God fearing people, God does things in mysterious ways. God has a purpose to what He does. He's not some drifty heathen like you lifeless morons, who are taking up space on planet Earth, that should had by someone with a righteous direction in their life, and who believes in God. To show you proof that God does things in mysterious ways ... He allows you atheist losers to wander about the planet making complete asses out of yourselves. LMAO!!! Well, it does show that God has a tremendous sense of humor. FACT!!!
xianity is EVIL

Tecumseh, Canada

#175529 Aug 25, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
giving up already ,Chunkyboy?
why look up others opinions instead of thinking for yourself and coming up with your own?
define Creator and will see if its possible to prove it,,or not
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I have too much respect for Stephen Hawkins. He invested a lot of time and effort into that answer, his further details I disagree with. Overall it is a simple truth, not hard to accept.
just as predicted,YOU have NO balls to think on your own,,

typical kristain

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#175530 Aug 25, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is "stephen hawkins"? Some fantasy Guru moron of yours?
Your favorite closet pal?
Or did you mean Stephen Hawking? The noted Physicist?
Who would agree with me that the bible's god is an extremely **stupid** depiction of a god?
You are a moron.
You got me there I did mean Hawking, and he did say that. I ad Atheism sucks. there is no reason to spread it and you are the moron for turning it into a religion.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#175531 Aug 25, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that why you are so full of misery and hate?
Hmmmm....
I am the one trying to spread a negative belief. Face it there is ZERO reasons to promote Atheism
xianity is EVIL

Tecumseh, Canada

#175532 Aug 25, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Listen numb nuts, Clownie the Anointed doesn't hate you brainless heathens. He just feels extremely sorry for you losers, and points out your ignorant ways of continuously staying losers. Clownie actually feels great pity for you intellectually challenged twits. It's amazing how you continue to show your supreme stupidity. God put yours truly here on Topix for a reason. To show others who are lost and confused, that there is a chance to end up in Heaven, if you choose the right path in life, and not wander down the broad highway to stupidity that you atheistic morons are on. To God fearing people, God does things in mysterious ways. God has a purpose to what He does. He's not some drifty heathen like you lifeless morons, who are taking up space on planet Earth, that should had by someone with a righteous direction in their life, and who believes in God. To show you proof that God does things in mysterious ways ... He allows you atheist losers to wander about the planet making complete asses out of yourselves. LMAO!!! Well, it does show that God has a tremendous sense of humor. FACT!!!
have you stopped sucking dadys d i ck and eating s h yt ,Chunky boy?

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#175533 Aug 25, 2013
I'll get back to this you are competing with mountain Men

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175534 Aug 25, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You got me there I did mean Hawking, and he did say that. I ad Atheism sucks. there is no reason to spread it and you are the moron for turning it into a religion.
Atheism is not a religion. It is simply asking you god-robots for **proof** of the lies you tell.

But even then? I'd not give a horse's patute **what** lies you idiots choose to tell yourselves to puff up your massive egos.

The problem is? You egomaniacs are not content to live by your lies--

--- YOU WANT US TO LIVE BY YOUR UGLY TOO.

And that?

That I cannot abide.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175535 Aug 25, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You got me there I did mean Hawking,
More proof you are just a liar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Yeah 1,205,989
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 36 min Bruin Nation 29,267
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 44 min Joe Fortuna 201,791
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 hr SpaceBlues 4,936
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 309,213
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) 21 hr kareeo 14
The night Adolph Rupp met Johnny Green Mar 18 alexreese447 1
More from around the web