Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258484 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#175496 Aug 25, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Love the Union Oyster House. Legal Seafoods too, I used to eat at the original one in Cambridge.
Have you tried the Salty Dog for seafood, at the Faneuil Hall Marketplace? Wonderful.
Yes I spent a lot of time at the Union Oyster House, the owner was the girlfriend of Italian singer Angelo Picardi whom we played for quite a bit. And your right, the seafood at the Salty Dog is off the scale. We use to go there after performing on City Hall Plaza during the summer concert series. Between the North End and the Faneuil Hall area you can't do better for great food.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#175497 Aug 25, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have adult conversations with children, sorry!!!!
! Call Clownie what you may, but, at least he's not a low-life, lazy, hot air bag, do nothing, griping atheist. You losers couldn't find a cure for two-way traffic, even if you were driving down a one-way street. What do you worthless pieces of brainless flesh do other sit around all day bitching about the worlds ills? What's your favorite saying again? Oh, yeah... Whoa is me? LMAO!!!
I'm talking about your minority pack of Godless heathens. A mere minority in the world's population of billions. Hmmm! tell Clownie... have you atheists found a cure for world hunger, cancer, or aids. or senseless murders? Dammit, where is your religion of science hiding at? Where are all your problem solving scientist ? Get out there and shake the bushes. Get those brains in lab apparel that common sense forgot to working some overtime. While you're at it, quit running your know-nothing mouth and get off your fat, lazy @ss and get with the program. Come on Mr. Cure-All, times a wasting!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#175498 Aug 25, 2013
8-9-10 I win!

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#175499 Aug 25, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Many have already.
You read the article I posted. Tried and convicted by an administrative function and then turned into law at the top, bypassing legislatures and the legal framework.
Protected classes through the system, the unprotected class via administrative and judicial fiat.
You're dreaming, Dave.

Wishful thinking of this sort is equivalent to dreaming.

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#175500 Aug 25, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I spent a lot of time at the Union Oyster House, the owner was the girlfriend of Italian singer Angelo Picardi whom we played for quite a bit. And your right, the seafood at the Salty Dog is off the scale. We use to go there after performing on City Hall Plaza during the summer concert series. Between the North End and the Faneuil Hall area you can't do better for great food.
Indoors it's tiny and underground, and if you want to sit in the dining area you walk through the kitchen and enjoy the aroma of seafood. Great people too. I always eat at Salty Dog at least once when I travel to Boston. I also head up to Little Italy for more great food, near the Paul Revere house.

I believe that the Union Oyster House is the longest continuing restaurant operation in he U.S. I always hope for a seat at the oyster bar.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#175501 Aug 25, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
8-9-10 I win!

You got it wrong, it's....

1,2, Freddy's Coming For You.
3,4, Better Lock Your Door.
5,6, Grab Your Crucifix.
7,8, Gonna Stay Up Late.
9, 10, Never Sleep Again

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#175502 Aug 25, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
giving up already ,Chunkyboy?
why look up others opinions instead of thinking for yourself and coming up with your own?
define Creator and will see if its possible to prove it,,or not
I have too much respect for Stephen Hawkins. He invested a lot of time and effort into that answer, his further details I disagree with. Overall it is a simple truth, not hard to accept.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#175503 Aug 25, 2013
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
only xians diss atheists the way you do
yep,youre kristain,why deny it?
There you go again not taking anyone's word for anything. No doubt I respect a Christian ran society more than a atheist ran one. I would never choose to live in one, and neither would you.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#175504 Aug 25, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
False.
It's been shown countless times to be provably false.
Stephen Hawkins vs Bob of, sorry Bobby

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#175505 Aug 25, 2013
<quoted text>
The above HATE is typical of you Genuine Christholes™.
All you have? Is your ugly bigotry and your hate, as in the above.
Sickening.
You are **so** true to your hatecult.
OK e me what is positive about sharing the message "We die and become worm meat." It doesn't take a Christian to see your message, it sucks. Instead of whining tell me what is the bright sight of educating a youth the results of theism. It is worse than any night terror I had. If I was an atheist, I wouldn't wish my faith or belief upon you, you're the hater spreading misery. Misery loves company, welcome to Topix Atheism. Your belief do suck. worse than Boson, and should be kept to oneself.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#175507 Aug 25, 2013
<quoted text>
False.
It's been shown countless times to be provably false.
That would be funny if you weren't so ugly.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#175508 Aug 25, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
8-9-10 I win!
Brilliant

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175509 Aug 25, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
No one will pick you up and carry you home by throwing tantrums, either. You are too big for that.
I'm simply pointing out your odious failures in convincing **anyone** that you are not, in fact, lying all the time.

Your credibility is such, that it's more likely you **are** lying 100% of the time.

After all: you believe in **magic**.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#175510 Aug 25, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You creationists make ignorance look so easy.
Until I started dealing with creationists, I never in my wildest dreams imagined that this level of stupidity could even exist!! Boy was I WRONG!!!!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175511 Aug 25, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I have too much respect for Stephen Hawkins. He invested a lot of time and effort into that answer, his further details I disagree with. Overall it is a simple truth, not hard to accept.
It's spelled "Hawking" you unmitigated azz.

And he would agree with me: your ludicrous Bible-God is not only myth, it's easily provable myth.

He wasn't speaking of your idiotic Old White Guy With A Beard who uses Magic to Make The World In 6 Days.

Anyone with a **working** brain knows that image of god is beyond moronic.

But then-- you aren't beyond moronic, are you?

Proof?

The nature of your reply to me will reveal how deeply into the moron you really are...

... begin:

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175512 Aug 25, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Stephen Hawkins vs Bob of, sorry Bobby
Who is "stephen hawkins"? Some fantasy Guru moron of yours?

Your favorite closet pal?

Or did you mean Stephen Hawking? The noted Physicist?

Who would agree with me that the bible's god is an extremely **stupid** depiction of a god?

You are a moron.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175513 Aug 25, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
OK e me what is positive about sharing the message "We die and become worm meat."
Beats the horseshyt out of LIES, which is what YOU tell.

Truth is **always** preferable to LIES, you idiot.
Robert Stevens wrote:
It doesn't take a Christian to see your message, it sucks.
What "message"? Your ugly projection of what you PRETEND it is?

It's **still** superior to a god who drowns babies in a global flood.

Or worse-- tortures ANYONE who does not act the mind-slave to him forever.

Such as the monster-god YOU worship.

Ugg.

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#175514 Aug 25, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm simply pointing out your odious failures in convincing **anyone** that you are not, in fact, lying all the time.
Your credibility is such, that it's more likely you **are** lying 100% of the time.
After all: you believe in **magic**.
Your ranting isn't changing the factuality of what I posted.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#175515 Aug 25, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You got it wrong, it's....
1,2, Freddy's Coming For You.
3,4, Better Lock Your Door.
5,6, Grab Your Crucifix.
7,8, Gonna Stay Up Late.
9, 10, Never Sleep Again
you have some real bad dreams! start saying your prayers

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175516 Aug 25, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
It is worse than any night terror I had.
Did you ever dream of being tortured forever in HELL, just because you were BORN ON THE WRONG CONTINENT?

Hmmm?

If you had been born in, say, INDIA? You'd be Hindu-- not christian.

AND ACCORDING TO YOUR UGLY FAITH? YOU'D BE TORTURED FOREVER.

That is horrible!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Cheech the Conser... 1,583,754
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 46 min WillPhart 33,724
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr weaponX 316,372
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Aug 14 Into The Night 11,335
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul '17 New boy 201,878
News Johnny Brown Added To Coaching Staff (Oct '07) Jul '17 Brown Pharts 3
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun '17 Evidence phart 9
More from around the web