Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 8,410)

Showing posts 168,181 - 168,200 of217,305
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I prove it quite nicely.
I am so sorry your feeble "edumacation" was not up to comprehension of my proof--
-- YOU DID NOT EVEN TRY TO COUNTER MY ARGUMENT.
Not even a little... you just whined "NOT SO" as you do, above.
Keep whining "not so"-- it reveals you for the moron you are.
You don't prove it, and you can't. If you could it would be talked about by the main stream. You are possibly running with an author's claim. But it is nothing more than a claim.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Wait. If someone disagrees with my religious beliefs then the earth will end?
You may have a valid point considering I am gay and a Christian!
LMAO!
Again I am forced to go off topic. I don't agree with your statement. I don't see how the teachings of Jesus Christ were against homosexuals. I blame bad clergy for spreading this. It is why I don't belong to any Christian church. Not that exact case, but it is not the only time clergy have screwed up the true message.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Where were you when God created heaven and Earth?
I see no conflict between my faith in God and scientific theory.
But feel free to test your faith against the theory of gravity. I live in florida and there are hundreds of short piers you could take a long walk on.
Just out of curiosity are you aware that at one point Christians banned Christmas in Boston?
Many comments ago, I posted neither one could be proven, however I like most people find it more likely that there was a creator. I find your conclusion very unlikely, however, that does not mean that I could call my conclusion fact. This group is so far gone they can't see it.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>I have to disagree with your conclusions here. Another's disbelief in God doesn't affect you or God. Or my beliefs in spiritual matters.
Those who insist one must believe are as arrogant as those who insist one must NOT believe.
And BTW if you say God exists and others say He doesn't, please explain how you both can be right.
LMAO!
Very simple, you know yourself. You do not have a soul. Therefore, you are not connected to God. You are real, and you have no God. I am real and have a soul. I guess it is why you guys talk about it so much. Face it you discuss this topic more than any other sort of group, talks about any topic. The proof is right here at topix, as well as youtube, and many other forums online.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Many are unaware that since 1997 in some States a minster can be fined and jailed for blessing a SS union.
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/govt-and-p...
This is hardly surprising-- the Fundie Religionists have been busy forcing their ugly onto anyone and everyone.

It appears that they themselves cannot follow their own rules--unless it is enacted into law....

... and for most? Not even **then**...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>Good post. May I suggest in the future using "Theocratic Countries" and "secular nations" rather than Atheist countries and religious ones.
Many of the nations you speak of have large religious populations. That doesn't make them theocracies.
What you suggest **would** be much more accurate, I agree.

However, when arguing with the sort of person I was addressing the post to?

They think in absolute terms: 0% or 100% is all that they understand.

Sadly.

So I am forced to simplify, in order to avoid a rabbit trail of distraction.

Sorry.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Many comments ago, I posted neither one could be proven, however I like most people find it more likely that there was a creator. I find your conclusion very unlikely, however, that does not mean that I could call my conclusion fact. This group is so far gone they can't see it.
What created the creator?

And before you answer that the creator needed no creator, why couldn't you say the same for the universe?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Very simple, you know yourself. You do not have a soul. Therefore, you are not connected to God. You are real, and you have no God. I am real and have a soul. I guess it is why you guys talk about it so much. Face it you discuss this topic more than any other sort of group, talks about any topic. The proof is right here at topix, as well as youtube, and many other forums online.
I would be willing to bet that the atheists here have done more "soul searching" than the believers.

We're just more honest about our findings.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Troth J Whitewater wrote:
<quoted text>However the loudest cries and screams come from those who insist that ALL must believe their given scientific theory. In fact, most unbelievers and atheists feel that a belief in God affects them and science. which is to say, if one scientist says his theory is right and the other says it is wrong, please explain how they both can be right.
LMAO!
In **science**? It's all about the **evidence**.

The scientist with the **most** evidence? "wins" in your little scenario.

Contrast this with **religion**--

-- since in **religion** they have **no** evidence of **any** kind?

In religion the argument eventually boils down to which religion has the **biggest****army** and the most guns...

!!!

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Again I am forced to go off topic. I don't agree with your statement. I don't see how the teachings of Jesus Christ were against homosexuals. I blame bad clergy for spreading this. It is why I don't belong to any Christian church. Not that exact case, but it is not the only time clergy have screwed up the true message.
You have just won the prize for the Understatement of the Millenia.

Congratulations!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You're too funny deny, deny, deny. You are more of a denier than anything else. And none of what you said about any countries are true. Face the fact you are preaching towards an Orwell Utopia.
You have an actual....**argument**?

No?

Just more of your "IS NOT IS NOT IS NOT"?

Okay.

Classic Godbottery at it's finest, folks!

In short? Complete insanity.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob 1 I never claimed I could prove my faith.
But you are **obligated** to-- if you want **laws** based on it!
Robert Stevens wrote:
2. AGAIN!!! The message tread is "Atheism requires as much faith as religion" there here on this tread you could try to do the impossible.
The message is a flat lie, as has been shown 100's of times already.

But you are too dimwitted to realize this.

And you **still** haven't proved your god--

-- so you LOSE by default.
Robert Stevens wrote:
Bob face it religion and people's beliefs, thoughts and purposes to gather are not what is dangerous.
Lie. When you get these brain-damaged Religionists into a mob?

They act according to the ugly beliefs!

They BLOW UP BUILDINGS. They blow up women's clinics.

They drag gay men behind pickups until dead.

They teach their kids to hate--such that said kids go into crowded schools and shoot ... everybody.

THESE are the actions of THE FAITHFUL.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Great denier. 1984 was an atheist state. And Orwell did criticize both however like myself he found Atheism to be worse. You are a text book example of why. The tread Bob, could you stick with the message tread. Than again why bother Stephen Hawkins wouldn't even try to claim what you do. As well as many of the authors you read religiously.
He was critical of RELIGION.

You clearly did not actually READ the story....!

You are a moron.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't prove it, and you can't. If you could it would be talked about by the main stream. You are possibly running with an author's claim. But it is nothing more than a claim.
Quantum mechanics proves beyond any doubts, that an omniscient god cannot exist within the present universe.

Period.

That proves to 100% that your god isn't real.

But it's worse: the theory of relativity--well tested-- also proves beyond any doubts that an omniscient god is impossible in the present universe.

That's two.

The Heisenberg uncertainty principle? That's 3 proofs you cannot have an all-knowing god in the universe.

That's three-- there's more.

It's not **talked** about, because it is OBVIOUS to anyone with a WORKING brain.

Pity about ...

... yours.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
I am real and have a soul.
1) you have failed to establish that you are, in fact, real.

2) you have failed to establish that souls exist at all

3) you have failed to show that **you** have one

Fail.

Fail.

aaaaand .. fail.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Quantum mechanics proves beyond any doubts, that an omniscient god cannot exist within the present universe.
Period.
But it's worse: the theory of relativity--well tested-- also proves beyond any doubts that an omniscient god is impossible in the present universe.
That's two.
The Heisenberg uncertainty principle? That's 3 proofs you cannot have an all-knowing god in the universe.
It's not **talked** about, because it is OBVIOUS to anyone with a WORKING brain.
Pity about ...
... yours.
You're a nut case. And that is your saving grace.

Jose walks out into a barren plain. With a stream running through it. He mixes water and the dirt and makes mud pies that then dry out and becomes bricks. He stacks the bricks and makes a house. He takes a rest. Now he has a place he can put to use at his discretion. To get out of the sun, to store things, or a place to keep his pets. Sometimes he may be there, sometimes not. He can come and go as he pleases. He created it.

Read Genesis 1 and 2. A garden was made where creations were visited.

Jose leaves his cat in the house. With plenty of food and water. He returns one day to find the place a mess from the kitty going wild. He told the kitty to behave.

You want to be a wild animal? OK, we will let you be a wild animal.

OUTSIDE, KITTY!!!

And Jose closes the door and walks off until he decides he needs or wants to come back to that house.

Kitty learns to eat bugs and keeps an eye on that door.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

The Topix Atheist creation Story

Oops!! Not a story, the real deal. The way it happened. Honest. Absolute scientific fact. Just ask one of them.

In the beginning,

There was nuttin'. Not a damned thing as far as the eye could see. Zero, zilch, nada.

Then a singularity started getting hot and it burst forth upon the face of absolutely nuttin'.

And it was good.

10^-34 second later and it really got big.

And it was good.

Immediately thereafter it began to fill the nuttin' with thingies. And then these thingies turned into things.

And it was good. And done in about 20 minutes.

And the rest is history.

Only the scientific method, Topix atheist style, can provide The Truth.

And anyone that disagrees with that will be doomed to ignorance and ridicule the rest of their days.

May Darwin's name be praised.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks! Coming from YOU? That means I've scored and scored BIG.

Good!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
Read Genesis 1 and 2.
The stupid and evil bible is **not** proof of anything--

--- except that humans are capable of GREAT EVIL for having written that swill.

But thanks for playing!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Jose walks out into a barren plain. With a stream running through it. He mixes water and the dirt and makes mud pies that then dry out and becomes bricks. He stacks the bricks and makes a house. He takes a rest. Now he has a place he can put to use at his discretion. To get out of the sun, to store things, or a place to keep his pets. Sometimes he may be there, sometimes not. He can come and go as he pleases. He created it.
Read Genesis 1 and 2. A garden was made where creations were visited.
Jose leaves his cat in the house. With plenty of food and water. He returns one day to find the place a mess from the kitty going wild. He told the kitty to behave.
You want to be a wild animal? OK, we will let you be a wild animal.
OUTSIDE, KITTY!!!
And Jose closes the door and walks off until he decides he needs or wants to come back to that house.
Kitty learns to eat bugs and keeps an eye on that door.
Nothing in the above godswill?

ADDRESSES A SINGLE ONE OF MY POINTS, BELOW:

Period.

That's two.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 168,181 - 168,200 of217,305
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 26 min Fight On 26,099
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr John Galt 1,034,754
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr not a playa1965 303,279
Carmelo Anthony, Wes Johnson, Dion Waiters faci... Sat bruno piretti 1
Syracuse basketball: Jim Boeheim tells ESPN Tyl... Apr 14 Lenox Da Kid 2
loan offer (Jun '13) Apr 14 Bryan Cranston 81
Burke Calls Shots With The Best (Feb '08) Apr 12 maryann 19
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••