Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 247455 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#175337 Aug 24, 2013
atheist are dumb that's a fact the bible says so

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#175338 Aug 24, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
False.
Science is based in **fact** not faith.
Faith is just a systematic collection of LIES without any FACTS.
If you had FACTS?
YOU WOULD NOT NEED FAITH.
It really is that simple--
-- alas, it is STILL ABOVE YOUR ABILITIES.
your god science gets it wrong all the time... what a bunch of geek losers pointed head gay guys

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

#175339 Aug 24, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Our conversation went like this: we both agreed atheists and believers have beliefs. Then we agreed that the faith atheists have in things like medicine is not akin to the faith believers have in their deities.
Then you claimed that physics proved your deity existed. Poly and I both asked for evidence and you were unable to present any, but you certainly put up a bluff "oh, I could if I wanted."
Here you do the same - "I could put proof of my deity up!"
Sorry, I don't believe you. Yes, I believe that you really and truly believe in your deities - enough to subjectively experience them as real. But at the end of the day, they're imagined beings made real to you through practiced behavior and your social experiences.
I exist, I worship myself. I am my own Deity, and I have my own mythology. I am doing well with it. Since worshipping myself I lost 70 pounds. I can bench press my own weight plus. I look younger. If I was single I could pick up woman 15 to 20 years younger than I am, but I don't believe that is my good looks or success as much as a generation that men are not that marketable. They spend too much time online, or play station styled games. They sleep in their mom's basement, past the age of 35. I don't want your mythology nor do I think it serves well.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#175341 Aug 24, 2013
pucker up Bob take a lick (_#_)

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#175342 Aug 24, 2013
Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Life is but a dream. Have a good one not a bad one.
BINGO!!

I have posted about waking up in my death experience. This was after my physical consciousness, what we call our day to day thinking, had checked out and no viable way to continue had been presented. There was then an awakening in another dimension and consciousness, and a very strong desire to go back to sleep and dream again to escape it. Another existence was waiting for me as another type of being. I was looking at where I was to enter it. It didn't appeal to me. A very true and deep despair was experienced. I was enabled to return to this one. With some rewriting of events that had occurred.

Funny, Topix atheists base their non-belief on books they read, not on living experience.

Westcliffe, CO

#175343 Aug 24, 2013
<quoted text>
So you claim... "MAGIC" here?
Okay-- but "magic" isn't real nor is it scientifically sound.
Fail.
<quoted text>
Bullshyt.
<quoted text>
Bullshyt.
<quoted text>
Yes-- but obviously **YOU** do not. You invoke...
.... MAGIC as your "explanation".
This is hardly surprising... you BELIEVE in magic (gods)!
Silly.
You're screeching.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#175344 Aug 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
More of your assumptive thinking processes and lack of higher intelligence to appreciate such things.
You must be a horn blower. Totally absorbed in your own noise.
Hey, do the fish gather around you out sailing like the squirrels in the park? Try fish food. Like the peanuts for the squirrels.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =UTBvw-orhmgXX
Still no defense for your totally stupid analogy. I can see how embarrassed you are at the stupidity of your analogy, and are trying desperately to deflect attention away from it. Thats ok, I do understand and can see the worthless point you were trying to make, you just didn't think it through did you? Better luck next time.

I don't play while sailing, foolish of you to think so. However, people do gather around the band stand when I play, appreciative of the creative processes that they are witnessing.*Creative process* Oh yeah, virgin territory for you isn't it, and for your pukebucket pal. So very sad!!!!

Westcliffe, CO

#175345 Aug 24, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Still no defense for your totally stupid analogy. I can see how embarrassed you are at the stupidity of your analogy, and are trying desperately to deflect attention away from it. Thats ok, I do understand and can see the worthless point you were trying to make, you just didn't think it through did you? Better luck next time.
I don't play while sailing, foolish of you to think so. However, people do gather around the band stand when I play, appreciative of the creative processes that they are witnessing.*Creative process* Oh yeah, virgin territory for you isn't it, and for your pukebucket pal. So very sad!!!!
To show you the error of your ways, my analogy requires no defense.

Flies gather around shit, and they too are appreciative of the creative process.

Loony, give up impersonating an intellectual. Just toot your horn without the attempted embellishments.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175346 Aug 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You're screeching.
It only sounds that way to you.

Because 100% of what you post? Bullshyt.

And you **STILL** cannot refute my 3 proofs your god cannot exist:

Quantum mechanics proves beyond any doubts, that an omniscient god cannot exist within the present universe.

Period.

That proves to 100% that your god isn't real.

But it's worse: the theory of relativity--well tested-- also proves beyond any doubts that an omniscient god is impossible in the present universe.

That's two.

The Heisenberg uncertainty principle? That's 3 proofs you cannot have an all-knowing god in the universe.

That's three-- there's more.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#175347 Aug 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
To show you the error of your ways, my analogy requires no defense.
Indeed. No matter how much you polish that turd?

Your analogy is still bullshit.
Dave Nelson wrote:
Flies gather around shit, and they too are appreciative of the creative process.
Well, this explains your affair with Robert Stephesonson...

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#175348 Aug 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Indeed. No matter how much you polish that turd?
Your analogy is still bullshit.
<quoted text>
Well, this explains your affair with Robert Stephesonson...
Still no proof from the un-Godly! Just rants and whines from pathetic, lost souls who are roaming aimlessly in the wilderness of Sin. Unfortunately, most of these pathetic creatures with no souls, will end up committing Hari-kari and disappear from Heaven's conscience. Won't be a pretty sight, I'm afraid!

Westcliffe, CO

#175349 Aug 24, 2013
<quoted text>
It only sounds that way to you.
Because 100% of what you post? Bullshyt.
And you **STILL** cannot refute my 3 proofs your god cannot exist:
Quantum mechanics proves beyond any doubts, that an omniscient god cannot exist within the present universe.
Period.
That proves to 100% that your god isn't real.
But it's worse: the theory of relativity--well tested-- also proves beyond any doubts that an omniscient god is impossible in the present universe.
That's two.
The Heisenberg uncertainty principle? That's 3 proofs you cannot have an all-knowing god in the universe.
That's three-- there's more.
You are also stuck on a loop with that screeching.

I refuted it very quickly with the waves can't exist without a container. You missed it or don't understand what you know. The latter sounds more likely.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#175350 Aug 24, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Seeing that the evidence shows those who do not believe in a fictitious being are smarter than those who do believe, then it's understandable how we can have more free time and still make 6 figures.
Your post is a good example of the lesser intelligence believers have, as you have made an assertion without a shred of evidence.
I have a suggestion for you, put down that bible and pick up a science book. Try and cleanse your mind of the celestial dictator peering over your shoulder 24/7, and then maybe, just maybe, you to can have the freedom and leisure we Atheists so enjoy. Good Luck with loosing your horrid delusions.
Don't be claiming science comic books are fact, just because you believe it.
Don't be telling everyone your boyfriend is from Mars, when we all know he is from your home planet of Nimrod.
Don't be telling people you're intelligent, especially, when you're always looking at yourself in the mirror and saying, "What a dumb ass looking moron".
You don't know your @ss from a hole in the ground! Of course anyone with any semblance of intelligence knows that!
And the list goes on and on ... but, unfortunately that mean ole Topix editor won't allow, "The Rest of the Story".
Now, have yourself a nice day in the land of the lost ... ya hear!?

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#175351 Aug 24, 2013
<quoted text>
The above is in no way a valid counter-argument to Polymath's statements.
Fail.
I would not be surprised if you post as him and you, and another 2 or 3. As mentioned Atheist do invest a lot of time online. It is clear not only you are religious, you are fundamentalist.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#175353 Aug 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
BINGO!!
I have posted about waking up in my death experience. This was after my physical consciousness, what we call our day to day thinking, had checked out and no viable way to continue had been presented. There was then an awakening in another dimension and consciousness, and a very strong desire to go back to sleep and dream again to escape it. Another existence was waiting for me as another type of being. I was looking at where I was to enter it. It didn't appeal to me. A very true and deep despair was experienced. I was enabled to return to this one. With some rewriting of events that had occurred.
Funny, Topix atheists base their non-belief on books they read, not on living experience.
My never ending question to Atheist, and one they never field to a satisfactory level is. Why spread it? There are religious groups I disagree with, but respect their reasons for attempting to spread their religion 1. The if you don't you suffer consequences. Not a big fan of, but I respect the efforts of believers of such religions 2. You are offering a very optimistic belief. Perhaps you truly see it as a handicap not having such a belief. The Atheist fall into neither of these two sorts. In fact, even if I believed as they do, I wouldn't want to spread the belief.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#175354 Aug 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
So many of these quasi-understanders of Science don't understand the underpinnings of the logic. They just fall in love with the mystical sounding terms. Then they get sucked into cults.
There is zero proof or even any indications this universe could arise from nothingness and our assemblage from chance. There is hardcore scientific evidence and proof that our level of intelligence and manipulation of matter requires some organization to even be formed. There is also the scientific intellectual understanding that our perceptions of the universe and our construction is strictly a result of our limitations to observe that which it was formed in. We can't see outside the box we are in. Science itself claims to see that box, just not what created it.
The BBT and laws of thermodynamics prove we are a machine as we understand machines. Topix atheists believe we are magic beings of our own making.
Until you have an example of "nothingness" you have no idea that our universe could not arise from nothingness. Can you define nothingness? What are it's properties, can it be examined? So until you define nothingness and can test and examine it, any claims you make regarding it are worthless.

Complex chemicals forming life requires NO manipulation, its a natural process. There is NO hardcore scientific evidence that our intelligence was in any way "manipulated" Where do you get such insane ideas! There is also ZERO evidence that anything or anyone had anything to do with the creation of our universe. The intelligence that you bandy about here surely knows there are multiple theories as to how the universe came to be, and that it may have never been created but simply always was.

BTW, to Atheists worth his salt thinks that we a magical being of our own making. Now you're just being dishonest, or just plain silly. It appears that the Theist is the ones who believe we are magical beings, created by a mythical being who scooped up some dirt and blew on it and out popped a fully form male human.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#175355 Aug 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
So many of these quasi-understanders of Science don't understand the underpinnings of the logic. They just fall in love with the mystical sounding terms. Then they get sucked into cults.
There is zero proof or even any indications this universe could arise from nothingness and our assemblage from chance. There is hardcore scientific evidence and proof that our level of intelligence and manipulation of matter requires some organization to even be formed. There is also the scientific intellectual understanding that our perceptions of the universe and our construction is strictly a result of our limitations to observe that which it was formed in. We can't see outside the box we are in. Science itself claims to see that box, just not what created it.
The BBT and laws of thermodynamics prove we are a machine as we understand machines. Topix atheists believe we are magic beings of our own making.
Until you have an example of "nothingness" you have no idea that our universe could not arise from nothingness. Can you define nothingness? What are it's properties, can it be examined? So until you define nothingness and can test and examine it, any claims you make regarding it are worthless.

Complex chemicals forming life requires NO manipulation, its a natural process. There is NO hardcore scientific evidence that our intelligence was in any way "manipulated" Where do you get such insane ideas! There is also ZERO evidence that anything or anyone had anything to do with the creation of our universe. The intelligence that you bandy about here surely knows there are multiple theories as to how the universe came to be, and that it may have never been created but simply always was.

BTW, no Atheists worth his salt thinks that we are magical being of our own making. Now you're just being dishonest, or just plain silly. It appears that the Theist is the ones who believe we are magical beings, created by a mythical being who scooped up some dirt and blew on it and out popped a fully formed male human.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#175356 Aug 24, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Don't be claiming science comic books are fact, just because you believe it.
Don't be telling everyone your boyfriend is from Mars, when we all know he is from your home planet of Nimrod.
Don't be telling people you're intelligent, especially, when you're always looking at yourself in the mirror and saying, "What a dumb ass looking moron".
You don't know your @ss from a hole in the ground! Of course anyone with any semblance of intelligence knows that!
And the list goes on and on ... but, unfortunately that mean ole Topix editor won't allow, "The Rest of the Story".
Now, have yourself a nice day in the land of the lost ... ya hear!?
I don't carry on adult conversations with children, sorry!!!!

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

#175357 Aug 24, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Until you have an example of "nothingness" you have no idea that our universe could not arise from nothingness. Can you define nothingness? What are it's properties, can it be examined? So until you define nothingness and can test and examine it, any claims you make regarding it are worthless.
BTW, to Atheists worth his salt thinks that we a magical being of our own making. Now you're just being dishonest, or just plain silly. It appears that the Theist is the ones who believe we are magical beings, created by a mythical being who scooped up some dirt and blew on it and out popped a fully form male human.
Blacklagoon you're from Boston, you are a fan of Atheism I see a trend here. Your post also.

Westcliffe, CO

#175359 Aug 24, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Until you have an example of "nothingness" you have no idea that our universe could not arise from nothingness. Can you define nothingness? What are it's properties, can it be examined? So until you define nothingness and can test and examine it, any claims you make regarding it are worthless.
You are confused about your beliefs and non-beliefs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min An NFL Fan 1,276,728
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 12 min Pastor Pete 201,864
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 16 min IB DaMann 6,892
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr stewart scott 29,939
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Mon RoSesz 310,231
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
More from around the web