Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
168,081 - 168,100 of 224,139 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
sweden isn't britain
Thank you, I have been reading this claim here and at youtube for years. I don't understand why they wish to spread this myth. Honestly there is a lot of Atheist mythology.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

followerofSatan wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah..lots of beliefs aka opinions....too bad you can't provide any credible evidence for anything...the technical term for what you did is "MENTAL MASTURBATION"...
how do you feel about the tooth fairy and easter bunny?
RFLMAO if you read the post I was responding to, you could see I all ways have posted I can't prove anything, and the post was off topic. I admit I have beliefs that are based on my faith in things. The topic tread "Atheism is as much faith as religion" that is the topic and I agree with it as a statement. THANK YOU, for proving my point, that I should really never have answered this question, as I originally stated. Your post was the hammer hit the nail I was holding, again thank you for proving the point, I pointed out here for days.

ONE MORE TIME. SORRY FOR GOING OFF TOPIC AGAIN.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Divine Alien wrote:
When we leave this world, we are going back to God himself.
Probably

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

DNF wrote:
<quoted text>So I am a liar now Bob?
Either that, or you've been lied TO.

Works either way-- faith-- WITHOUT PROOF-- is a lie.

Sorry, but that's the way of it.

You are welcome to it, naturally.

So long as you keep it to yourself-- and do not enforce LAWS that **make** people follow your faith.

That's why I am here-- to keep the faith-based laws OUT.

Only secular laws can be allowed-- according to the Constitution.

----------

If it were not for Ugly Faith-Laws?

Homosexuals could have been enjoying freedom to marry since 1776...

....!!

Think about **that** one for a bit, why don't you?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
My post was just the opposite it was an explanation of how Atheism would cause the end to Humans on Earth.
Your post was like the majority of what you write: bullshit.

That's what you do, you know.

If your idiot ideas were CORRECT?

We should see ATHEIST countries FAILING, right and left.

And RELIGIOUS ones in the forefront.

Is this the case?

Nope.

On the world stage? The MORE religious a country's population is?

THE LOWER ON THE OVERALL SCALE OF SUCCESS IT IS.

Yep--that is the fact, jack.

Atheist countries? Experience higher average salary per person, higher quality/quantity medical care per person, lower crime rates per person, better education per person, lower infant deaths per person, longer lives per person, etc, etc, etc.

In short?

ALL THE AREAS THAT COUNT?

It's better to live in an **atheist** country than in a **theist** one.

By just about any measure you want to make.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Maddog Maddox wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably
no... there is, so far, zero reason to believe in any gods.

As in, none at all.

Nada.

Zip.

So, after we die? That's it... finis.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
As in, none at all.
Nada.
Zip.
There is reason to not believe in them. The fear of death. Convincing yourself this is all a dream, and there will be nothing after it. No more dealing with "reality". No accountability.

Just sheer terror of what happens when the lights go out for good.

You are here, Boudreaux. You know there is a difference between your body and your mind. This is all you know. But you see others die physically, but you don't have a clue as to where their consciousness goes, or yours will. You're scared shitless and whistling by the graveyard, as loud as you can.

If you are just a glorified light bulb energized by the universe, you should realize something threw threw the switch. All of that arising out of nothing and escapism via wild assed theory making and self activating switches is pure fear.

Bobby, you are going to be snatched out of class real rude like, and made to see what happens next. There will be no sleeping.
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

<quoted text>
As in, none at all.
Nada.
Zip.
most likely yes,

still if there was afterlife ,gods would not need to be existing anyways,souls would simply do and go wherever they want..LLL
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
There is reason to not believe in them. The fear of death. Convincing yourself this is all a dream, and there will be nothing after it. No more dealing with "reality". No accountability.
Just sheer terror of what happens when the lights go out for good.
Projecting again Bucko,,

I had lights out experience few times,and guess what,no visions no NDE fantasy,just dark and sleep,,
Dying aint scary at all,as long as you go naturaly..
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you have not read all my post. What I have shown on this tread. In regards to my beliefs.
* I consider myself to be a Pagan, I believe in a creator and a protector, but it is most likely not of human image
* It is likely what I call The perfect One which is described above, would most likely appear to be a mass of energy in The Universe, very likely such a high level of energy, we won't be able to approach it.
* God is within all of us, BUT if you can't feel it there is a chance God is not with in you. Because
* all people do know themselves.
In my opinion its all good. Even those that are soulless and have no connection with The Perfect One.
My apologize for going off topic. I do believe in God, but I really don't belong to a religion. While my exact sort are not part of any census, I am sure many people that do belong to a church have views similar to mine.
Back to the topic. It is just less likely that The Universe has no creator/protector. Therefore Atheism is indeed a belief, and beliefs are based on faith. Anyone that thinks they could prove otherwise are nuts.
if this world is creation of a Perfect One,Im a monkeys uncle..LLL

souls dont exist,if they did we all could comunicate with the Dead folks souls right?
those that tell you they can are only Pretending to do so!

“You have blue shoes”

Since: Mar 11

Please change them

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a hard time understanding what you say after you agree with me. I just think you're claiming that you find it more likely there is no creator or any form of God. As posted earlier, I do believe we both know ourselves and we could both be right, we have our own existence. When one believes as I do, the spreading of Atheism makes no sense.
You just answered it for yourself: "when one believes as I do..."

Well, your personal, subjective experiences of reality are not "normal and natural" for everyone. Only (certain kinds of) Christians share your experiences. I don't.

I'm an atheist. I have very different experiences than you do. My reality is not a created one.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
Projecting again Bucko,,
I had lights out experience few times,and guess what,no visions no NDE fantasy,just dark and sleep,,
Dying aint scary at all,as long as you go naturaly..
You also go to sleep and get up the same way. That's your physical consciousness. Your subconscious stands guard.

I hope the real thing works for you as well.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Your post was like the majority of what you write: bullshit.
That's what you do, you know.
If your idiot ideas were CORRECT?
We should see ATHEIST countries FAILING, right and left.
And RELIGIOUS ones in the forefront.
Is this the case?
Nope.
On the world stage? The MORE religious a country's population is?
THE LOWER ON THE OVERALL SCALE OF SUCCESS IT IS.
Yep--that is the fact, jack.
Atheist countries? Experience higher average salary per person, higher quality/quantity medical care per person, lower crime rates per person, better education per person, lower infant deaths per person, longer lives per person, etc, etc, etc.
In short?
ALL THE AREAS THAT COUNT?
It's better to live in an **atheist** country than in a **theist** one.
By just about any measure you want to make.
Bob just go back to your last sentence. Be my guess move to China or North Korea.:-O yes who's the stupid bull shitter now. You need to thank (in your case) goodness that you were born in a country filled with good God fearing people. Face it Bob, Athism sucks.(a)theism is Ok.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
if this world is creation of a Perfect One,Im a monkeys uncle..LLL
souls dont exist,if they did we all could comunicate with the Dead folks souls right?
those that tell you they can are only Pretending to do so!
Two points of great comedy here. 1st. The Monkey's uncle. Remind you I o believe in evolution. We could trace back to bacteria. This "we evolved from tree primates" jive is just so false. A. We are not physically strong enough, or fast enough. B. More so. Our feet, would be completely different. Yes, there are missing links, and if we keep digging we will find them, BUT tree dwelling primates. Not very likely.

Face the fact. You don't have a soul. Why would you speak of it. Your not trusting others with experiences like yearning and meditation exercises isn't them lying it's your level of mistrust.

I won't do this again for you. please stay on topic. Next time I will spare you the buffoonery of you remarks, and request you stay on topic. Why are you posting or reading here, you can' stay on topic, and you might never have even been on topic.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You just answered it for yourself: "when one believes as I do..."
Well, your personal, subjective experiences of reality are not "normal and natural" for everyone. Only (certain kinds of) Christians share your experiences. I don't.
I'm an atheist. I have very different experiences than you do. My reality is not a created one.
Until you could prove there was no creator, yours is created. You admit then try not to, it's too funny.

“Darwin died for your sins”

Since: Aug 08

Nunya

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Two points of great comedy here. 1st. The Monkey's uncle. Remind you I o believe in evolution. We could trace back to bacteria. This "we evolved from tree primates" jive is just so false. A. We are not physically strong enough, or fast enough. B. More so. Our feet, would be completely different. Yes, there are missing links, and if we keep digging we will find them, BUT tree dwelling primates. Not very likely.
Face the fact. You don't have a soul. Why would you speak of it. Your not trusting others with experiences like yearning and meditation exercises isn't them lying it's your level of mistrust.
I won't do this again for you. please stay on topic. Next time I will spare you the buffoonery of you remarks, and request you stay on topic. Why are you posting or reading here, you can' stay on topic, and you might never have even been on topic.
Why don't you at least attempt to proofread your awful posts before you post them? Correct your grammar dipwad.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
There is reason to not believe in them.
Indeed-- there are **no** facts in support of **any** god or gods.

None.

That is a whole lot of reason.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
The fear of death. Convincing yourself this is all a dream, and there will be nothing after it. No more dealing with "reality". No accountability.
This is it.

As for accountability?

I have that **now**-- the US Constitution outlines the limits of what I may do, and sets my accountability.

You?

You pretend you have a "get out of jail free" every time you invoke a magic spell, "Jesus forgive me".

Which translates to you having NONE AT ALL.

Which explains why so many Genuine Christians™ fill prisons...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
most likely yes,
still if there was afterlife ,gods would not need to be existing anyways,souls would simply do and go wherever they want..LLL
Certainly nothing in the evil old bible books.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob just go back to your last sentence. Be my guess move to China or North Korea.
Neither are atheistic countries-- both are cults of personality-- a sort of religion: YOU WOULD LOVE IT THERE.

But Saudi Arabia? Is even MORE religious! You'd fit right in-- it's religious fascism-- your favorite.

I was referring to Sweden, Switzerland, Denmark, the UK to name a few of the top contenders.

All have superior stats than the US has.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min In The Right 1,079,901
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Bruin For Life 26,660
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr The_Box 305,088
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) 14 hr jessirinneyswift 9
UMES Basketball Forward Ishaq Pitt Named to NAB... 23 hr Dana McCarty 1
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Thu RICK SERVICE 26
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Jul 20 Danny 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••