Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
168,061 - 168,080 of 226,181 Comments Last updated 22 min ago

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Satanists Evil Exposed wrote:
<quoted text>Atheists are satanists who are afraid of the devil.
Ummm no

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
IMO
IT does not just require the faith of a religion ..it is one ..Not that RELIGION is a great thing ..Faith ..is what's,important ..in God .
Why?

Faith is basically lying... why is LYING good?
LCNlin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

And your proof that anyone is lying?

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Scandinavian nations have not experienced the 200+ years or scale of multiculturalism the USA has. Patience, you will get your share, and much faster.
Scandinavia and the US is the difference between a nice tony suburb and the inner city.
Sweden have been importing people from other parts of the world far longer time than USA have existed

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweden have been importing people from other parts of the world far longer time than USA have existed
As slaves and war booty.

I already posted links about today's social issues there. Almost 20% of the population is foreign born now. A very rapid rise in the last couple of decades. And they aren't Finns or other north Europeans. These were guests let in as refugees and they had no where else to go. They aren't assimilated or integrated in the work force. You have issues there now.

The USA has cities with more population than all of Sweden.

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
As slaves and war booty.
I already posted links about today's social issues there. Almost 20% of the population is foreign born now. A very rapid rise in the last couple of decades. And they aren't Finns or other north Europeans. These were guests let in as refugees and they had no where else to go. They aren't assimilated or integrated in the work force. You have issues there now.
The USA has cities with more population than all of Sweden.
link to a interview with a neonazi supporter about a small apartment building area outside malm÷

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
link to a interview with a neonazi supporter about a small apartment building area outside malm÷
I have seen several other articles similar.

You don't have the wealth to support the largesse anymore. You have a large essentially captive population of very different cultural backgrounds.

You no longer have the universal conscription that bound your society together. You have the opportunists that have plundered the good intentions of the nation for their own benefit under the guise of social justice and liberalism. Rabblerousing for profit has become a profession. It has been happening here for a while.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/08/20/study-welfa...

Your noble ideas are becoming memories and illusions.

Your Sweden is dying.

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have the wealth to support the largesse anymore. You have a large essentially captive population of very different cultural backgrounds.
You no longer have the universal conscription that bound your society together. You have the opportunists that have plundered the good intentions of the nation for their own benefit under the guise of social justice and liberalism. Rabblerousing for profit has become a profession. It has been happening here for a while.
Your Sweden is dying.
You are building your information on lies from the neo-nazi movement
Anon

Lakewood, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Sweden is dying.
Ah, multiculturalism. Looks good on paper. In reality - not so good.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, multiculturalism. Looks good on paper. In reality - not so good.
You can't get around people and their financial interests influencing what they preach. People have to make a living. They exploit whatever they can.

I personally witnessed the Cuban takeover of Miami, a process repeated with every large immigrant group moving in, especially political refugees.

The government provides money to help. You have some in that group that learns the ropes to get whatever money they can. Then they open up offices to help others of their group get theirs, for a fee. It becomes a money making enterprise and then the flood happens. Then they get into the mainstream economy as personnel managers. Then a requirement for employment is speaking the language of the immigrant group because of their numbers and economic power. In addition, it is much easier to control those immigrants of the same group as the personnel department. They understand each other better. Goodbye natives. In the meantime you hear about diversity from that incoming group.

This all leads assimilation into the larger culture by a long time. You have a voting bloc to court by members of the larger culture to make their personal fortunes. Then they manufacture "liberal" clones to keep their money coming in. So they can live in gated communities.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Our women have big tits with good teeth... there you go

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Our women have big tits with good teeth... there you go
sweden isn't britain

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
sweden isn't britain
good point Mikko! and you guys do have some fine ladies!

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
Faith is basically lying... why is LYING good?
So I am a liar now Bob?

My faith does more for me than your attacks against people of faith.

Frankly it shows me what a hypocrite you really are. You rage against people of faith sharing the same belief yet then act like a typical homophobe by insisting everyone live their lives according to your rules.

And when you lose that much credibility on here, dear Bob, it's probably best to stop making yourself look so foolish.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

xianity is EVIL wrote:
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
is there anything good positive in your religion?
<quoted text>
reading comprehension suffer you yes?
Im not asking about scientific proof for anything,
cant you come up with a single good positive thing you derive from religion??
why do you believe in god then?
Maybe you have not read all my post. What I have shown on this tread. In regards to my beliefs.

* I consider myself to be a Pagan, I believe in a creator and a protector, but it is most likely not of human image

* It is likely what I call The perfect One which is described above, would most likely appear to be a mass of energy in The Universe, very likely such a high level of energy, we won't be able to approach it.

* God is within all of us, BUT if you can't feel it there is a chance God is not with in you. Because

* all people do know themselves.

In my opinion its all good. Even those that are soulless and have no connection with The Perfect One.

My apologize for going off topic. I do believe in God, but I really don't belong to a religion. While my exact sort are not part of any census, I am sure many people that do belong to a church have views similar to mine.

Back to the topic. It is just less likely that The Universe has no creator/protector. Therefore Atheism is indeed a belief, and beliefs are based on faith. Anyone that thinks they could prove otherwise are nuts.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Your god isn't real.
Threatening an atheist with your god's imaginary punishment?
Is **exactly** like, ME telling you that Santa won't be giving you presents in December...
**exactly** the same.
My post was just the opposite it was an explanation of how Atheism would cause the end to Humans on Earth. If you want to claim it is part of evolution, I could see the use of having humans restricted to being earthbound and having the race as it is here come to an end. The Perfect One may not want space pirates. Which is what we'd be.
followerofSatan

Apo, AP

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you have not read all my post. What I have shown on this tread. In regards to my beliefs.
* I consider myself to be a Pagan, I believe in a creator and a protector, but it is most likely not of human image
* It is likely what I call The perfect One which is described above, would most likely appear to be a mass of energy in The Universe, very likely such a high level of energy, we won't be able to approach it.
* God is within all of us, BUT if you can't feel it there is a chance God is not with in you. Because
* all people do know themselves.
In my opinion its all good. Even those that are soulless and have no connection with The Perfect One.
My apologize for going off topic. I do believe in God, but I really don't belong to a religion. While my exact sort are not part of any census, I am sure many people that do belong to a church have views similar to mine.
Back to the topic. It is just less likely that The Universe has no creator/protector. Therefore Atheism is indeed a belief, and beliefs are based on faith. Anyone that thinks they could prove otherwise are nuts.
yeah..lots of beliefs aka opinions....too bad you can't provide any credible evidence for anything...the technical term for what you did is "MENTAL MASTURBATION"...

how do you feel about the tooth fairy and easter bunny?

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
If we argue enough, we're eventually going to agree that all of what we know are actually "beliefs." Sure, fine, I have no problem with that. Nor do I have an issue calling my atheism "a believe that no deities exist." No worries. All good.
The thing is, if you are comparing your faith in your deity to my faith, say, in toothpaste - I don't really know how it works and if it declares "whitens your teeth!" I buy it, trusting it will - that's pretty sad for you.
I mean, I would hope that, as a believer, faith would have some special meaning for you. But, hey, if you're here declaring to me that your faith in God is the same as mine in toothpaste, I will simply trust you - for you are backing up why I am an atheist.
If I was a believer, I'd want my faith to mean something special. I'd want it to be different than everyday trust in technology that I don't understand. But no problem. I don't believe in deities, so your use of the word faith works for me and makes sense.
I have a hard time understanding what you say after you agree with me. I just think you're claiming that you find it more likely there is no creator or any form of God. As posted earlier, I do believe we both know ourselves and we could both be right, we have our own existence. When one believes as I do, the spreading of Atheism makes no sense.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
sweden isn't britain
Thank you, I have been reading this claim here and at youtube for years. I don't understand why they wish to spread this myth. Honestly there is a lot of Atheist mythology.

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2013

Judged:

followerofSatan wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah..lots of beliefs aka opinions....too bad you can't provide any credible evidence for anything...the technical term for what you did is "MENTAL MASTURBATION"...
how do you feel about the tooth fairy and easter bunny?
RFLMAO if you read the post I was responding to, you could see I all ways have posted I can't prove anything, and the post was off topic. I admit I have beliefs that are based on my faith in things. The topic tread "Atheism is as much faith as religion" that is the topic and I agree with it as a statement. THANK YOU, for proving my point, that I should really never have answered this question, as I originally stated. Your post was the hammer hit the nail I was holding, again thank you for proving the point, I pointed out here for days.

ONE MORE TIME. SORRY FOR GOING OFF TOPIC AGAIN.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 14 min Incognito4Ever 1,099,464
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 21 min Brian_G 305,438
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Bruin Nation 27,046
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Tue RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••