Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 8,400)

Showing posts 167,981 - 168,000 of217,883
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>kinda cool huh here are more (_o_) farting,(_*_) tight (_#_) not wiped (_!_) butt crack
I'd say you're more than just little bit anal retentive, to the point of having ass fixations.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say you're more than just little bit anal retentive, to the point of having ass fixations.
I notice you like looking at them! YO Aura take a lick (_#_) enjoy

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I notice you like looking at them! YO Aura take a lick (_#_) enjoy

Pull your head out of it.

“Robert Stevens”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
The above babble and pack'o'lies is the result of ...
... BRAIN DAMAGE.
Yes, folks, there you have it-- faith DAMAGES YOUR MIND in irrevocable ways such that you can spew such idiotic nonsense as in the above.
It's pretty sad to witness, though.
The above hate-filled nonsense represents another wasted human life.

<quoted text>
"Of course you don't think that-- you are in the MAJORITY at the present time.
But that time has come-- and is going, fast.
Soon?
Soon you **will** be required to justify your bigotry and hate-- or you will be penalized for public display of it.
Just as you can no longer openly display your hate for People Of Color in the US?(well-- for the most part)
And you are rapidly losing your "right" to display your hatred of LGBT?
Soon enough, you'll be in the **minority** with regards to your idiotic beliefs.
You really ought to be thinking about **that** and begin formulating your "justification" for your ugly hatebeliefs"

There lies your goal. That is sad, but I did know that prior to your post.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Pull your head out of it.
there its out take a big ole lick !!!!(_#_)
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
When at work, time travels much slower than when at play.
not if you do a work that you enjoy,,:)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>there its out take a big ole lick !!!!(_#_)
Psyche!
Now stick your head back in...lol

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a thread to prove my beliefs. It's a thread to discuss the similarities between faith in religion and faith in atheism, if such a thing exists.
I've written on this exhaustively and settled the matter sometime back.
Let's start from the treads name "Atheism requires as much faith as religion?" The question mark in my opinion, means the word does belongs there, as the first word, causing the question. You admitting you have beliefs, that requires faith. Back to the question or just part of it "as much as religion". Not the question of style, but as much. Clearly faith is required. In my opinion answering the question asked. More faith than religion. The greatest evidence is here online, if this was not true this minority of people would not have so many online post treads, and the most blogged upon treads. The real question is, and I hope one day it is covered here "Could atheism be the majority, and not be fundamentalist?" I am sorry but my answer is "No" ad I don't think freedom of speech or religion would be afforded by such a group. Please spare me the mid evil ages crap. I am all ready telling that was just the times period.
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's start from the treads name "Atheism requires as much faith as religion?" The question mark in my opinion, means the word does belongs there, as the first word, causing the question. You admitting you have beliefs, that requires faith. Back to the question or just part of it "as much as religion". Not the question of style, but as much. Clearly faith is required. In my opinion answering the question asked. More faith than religion. The greatest evidence is here online, if this was not true this minority of people would not have so many online post treads, and the most blogged upon treads. The real question is, and I hope one day it is covered here "Could atheism be the majority, and not be fundamentalist?" I am sorry but my answer is "No" ad I don't think freedom of speech or religion would be afforded by such a group. Please spare me the mid evil ages crap. I am all ready telling that was just the times period.
is there anything good positive in your religion?

“Robert Stevens”

Jersey City , NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
is there anything good positive in your religion?
That would be off topic. No kidding I must have ran into a few hundred topics requesting theist to explain. There is just one reason you won't explain why you continue to state your beliefs as fact. It is as simple as what you've done for since the internet started. You can't prove it physically. I am telling you here and now on a tread giving you the burden of prove in accordance to it's title you can't. I do admit I have beliefs and faith, it can't be scientifically proven. I have no problem with that I never said my faith is 100% certain, that is why I call it faith. Because you can't prove what you believe as fact, you have faith. Please don't waste your time I can tell you, you can not prove The Universe is without a creator.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, LB. I'm pretty stupid with my time, that's true.
To be honest, I like the Wolverine and his history through the comic books in Japan, but I really hate it when American pop culture portrays a stupid version of our culture.
Like This?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
she/he is a closeted homosexual
Bro. Clownie (Counselor to the good, the bad, and the ugly)

P.S.- Mikko, Counselor Clownie promises he will not look at your pic and bust out laughing while posting to you. YO

LAFFIN MY @$$ OFF YELLING YO

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

It's so funny how you humiliate yourself on here for our amusement puppet. Hey tell us again how 29 scores of 95% averages 0%!

Senile old Dave Nelson, always good for a laugh!
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a special organ. It is the normal tuning of your body. An effect of having nerves feeding signals to the brain. You are an antenna. Fire is EM effect, sweetheart. So is sunlight. It comes in varying levels. Cold is sucking EM out, figuratively speaking. Your skin is sensitive. Like you ignore some warmth or cold to go about your business, you also ignore the more extreme edges of the range you can detect. It's quite a range.

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Dave always has some tinfoil wrapped around his injured head. leave that tinfoil alone!:))
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you have plenty to spare.
These days, they use aluminum foil.
Do you really have some tin? I need some solder for my washer hookup. Nah, I'll just go to Lowes.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
How did you come up with that???
It's his love of his Jesus-- so very gay, you see.

He has a fetish for that sort of sex... that's why he draws pictures of his savior's backside...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
What else?

He's gay for his Jesus, after all.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
"Of course you don't think that-- you are in the MAJORITY at the present time.
But that time has come-- and is going, fast.
Soon?
Soon you **will** be required to justify your bigotry and hate-- or you will be penalized for public display of it.
Just as you can no longer openly display your hate for People Of Color in the US?(well-- for the most part)
And you are rapidly losing your "right" to display your hatred of LGBT?
Soon enough, you'll be in the **minority** with regards to your idiotic beliefs.
You really ought to be thinking about **that** and begin formulating your "justification" for your ugly hatebeliefs"
There lies your goal. That is sad, but I did know that prior to your post.
Your god isn't real.

Threatening an atheist with your god's imaginary punishment?

Is **exactly** like, ME telling you that Santa won't be giving you presents in December...

**exactly** the same.

“Pepsi is better than coke”

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>kinda cool huh here are more (_o_) farting,(_*_) tight (_#_) not wiped (_!_) butt crack
Uhm...I wish I didn't know these things now.

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Robert Stevens wrote:
<quoted text>
If we argue enough, we're eventually going to agree that all of what we know are actually "beliefs." Sure, fine, I have no problem with that. Nor do I have an issue calling my atheism "a believe that no deities exist." No worries. All good.

The thing is, if you are comparing your faith in your deity to my faith, say, in toothpaste - I don't really know how it works and if it declares "whitens your teeth!" I buy it, trusting it will - that's pretty sad for you.

I mean, I would hope that, as a believer, faith would have some special meaning for you. But, hey, if you're here declaring to me that your faith in God is the same as mine in toothpaste, I will simply trust you - for you are backing up why I am an atheist.

If I was a believer, I'd want my faith to mean something special. I'd want it to be different than everyday trust in technology that I don't understand. But no problem. I don't believe in deities, so your use of the word faith works for me and makes sense.

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

lightbeamrider wrote:
The first is ... more about American culture than anything. The second...yeah, Japanese commercials are ridiculous.

Thanks for those, pretty funny.

But no, that's not what I meant. I meant the very strange interpretations of Budo, Zen, and Bujitsu.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 167,981 - 168,000 of217,883
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min shinningelectr0n 1,036,584
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 44 min Bruin For Life 26,127
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr elise in burque 303,329
Need a loan urgently? (Sep '13) 3 hr trerry mclean 12
Carmelo Anthony, Wes Johnson, Dion Waiters faci... Apr 19 bruno piretti 1
Syracuse basketball: Jim Boeheim tells ESPN Tyl... Apr 14 Lenox Da Kid 2
loan offer (Jun '13) Apr 14 Bryan Cranston 80
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••