Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#174976 Aug 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
"According to therapist Reneau Z. Peurifoy, the supposed causes of human sensitivity to earthquakes are similar to the causes of earthquake sensitivity in animals. When pressure builds up prior to an earthquake, the quartz crystal in Earth's interior is deformed and creates an electrical charge. This phenomenon, known as the piezoelectric effect, can send electrical signals to animals. It is theorised that some earthquake sensitives may also be reacting to a change in the electromagnetism of an area caused by rising stresses on geological faults. There is also the possibility that radon is emitted prior to an earthquake, enough to be noticed by sensitive humans.[6]
hahaha! You'll pardon me for laughing at the geological musings of a therapist.

- where is the organ that senses these pieqzoelectric charges? If animals had this sensory apparatus, we should be able to discover it.
- I would give you some credit if you claimed it was through ELF EM waves, to be honest

- uhm...earthquakes release pressure. They build up over long periods of time and then release it. So the hypothesis above is pretty wonky.
One earthquake sensitive mentioned in sensitive Cal Orey's The Man Who Predicts Earthquakes: Jim Berkland, maverick geologist suggested that the different crystal makeups of different regions account for distinct sounds from different areas. She thought that pressure also determined sound, and provided an example, saying how granite sounds were different from those of quartz."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthquake_sensi...
The article itself is an attempt to debunk. But the fact is humans are animals, too, right? Some things we used to pay attention to have been civilized out of us.
That piezoelectric effect is also the reason for those hums you hear about.
Those are actual physical phenomenon. Like I said, you are trained to ignore them. Until a professor tells you they exist.
Every thing is a tuned circuit. All tuned circuits are affected by their environment.
Pay more attention to those nagging uneases you get. Saved many of your ancestors. You don't freak, you just let yourself be alerted.
You're not going to outrun Godzilla, anyhow. Just dodge him the best you can.
I'm not getting any fame or fortune for this.
Thanks for your concern.

I never know when an Earthquake is coming, Dave. I usually don't even know one is happening and instead think I'm having a stroke or getting dizzy. Then I see stuff around me moving - like hanging lights and curtains in the absence of wind.

So either I don't have this special detection organ or I ignore it totally.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#174977 Aug 18, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont think there is one of those hiding.
But then again that wasn't my goal either :)
Ah, ok. That explains it!

So. Uhm. What is time?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#174978 Aug 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Godzilla drinks nuked water for an energy boost.
Ever see a moth fly into a flame?
Mothra is just a nuisance.
<quoted text>
I thought that went without saying. Obvious similarities.
:-)
What is the nature of time, Dave?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#174979 Aug 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think the above explanation fully grasps what time is. Sorry.
Wait, wait - wouldn't time be a function of the universe in question in the multiverse hypothesis?
Is there a larger time, too? Like, if you have an infinite...er..."place " that doesn't correspond to the English word equivalent where universes are spawned, does that space have time?
Does outside our universe know that our universe is progressing through its own time? Is that a knowable thing?
Can we know about phenomena outside our universe? If there is no time outside our universe, or time is at a different pace, wouldn't that sort of constrain what is knowable from our point of view?

I don't see the question of "what is time?" but it has been asked for thousands of years. We still haven't answered that fully.
But here is an attempt to answer that question.

http://video.pbs.org/video/2164065493/

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#174980 Aug 18, 2013
FWIW.

http://www.vice.com/video

You have to read the subtitles. Just start watching at about 45 seconds and get to the part where he says it only takes 10 seconds. You are listening to a voice of experience there.

You can watch the rest and you can see something about the effects of atheist rule there, and the aftermath.

Location hidden

#174981 Aug 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
- where is the organ that senses these pieqzoelectric charges? If animals had this sensory apparatus, we should be able to discover it.
- I would give you some credit if you claimed it was through ELF EM waves, to be honest
- uhm...earthquakes release pressure. They build up over long periods of time and then release it. So the hypothesis above is pretty wonky.
<quoted text>
Thanks for your concern.
I never know when an Earthquake is coming, Dave. I usually don't even know one is happening and instead think I'm having a stroke or getting dizzy. Then I see stuff around me moving - like hanging lights and curtains in the absence of wind.
It's not a special organ. It is the normal tuning of your body. An effect of having nerves feeding signals to the brain. You are an antenna. Fire is EM effect, sweetheart. So is sunlight. It comes in varying levels. Cold is sucking EM out, figuratively speaking. Your skin is sensitive. Like you ignore some warmth or cold to go about your business, you also ignore the more extreme edges of the range you can detect. It's quite a range.

Location hidden

#174982 Aug 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the nature of time, Dave?
What we perceive of it is just a feedback to our projections. Too complicated to describe on here, and there is an issue with definitions of forces and actions. It is relative, and it is a process, not a force of its own. It has to be initiated by something like motion.

Location hidden

#174983 Aug 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Thanks for your concern.
Oh, the special organ may be a brain that works properly. That may be your problem.:-)

Not musings of a therapist. Those are physical facts about the piezoelectric effect. You use them all of the time.

This is loose quartz on the surface.

The radon would be more local, I would think.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#174984 Aug 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a special organ. It is the normal tuning of your body. An effect of having nerves feeding signals to the brain. You are an antenna. Fire is EM effect, sweetheart. So is sunlight. It comes in varying levels. Cold is sucking EM out, figuratively speaking. Your skin is sensitive. Like you ignore some warmth or cold to go about your business, you also ignore the more extreme edges of the range you can detect. It's quite a range.
If true, there'd be a brain area for interpreting this data.

Location hidden

#174985 Aug 18, 2013

The sailing rocks in California. Big rocks that move by themselves, and pretty straight.

Read some of the stupid theories such as wind and ice. In the league of log rollers for pyramid building.

Pure EM and piezoelectric effect. The piezoelectric vibrates the sand, breaking friction. However, there is something above or below steering it, perhaps even tidal forces.

You can push megatons horizontally if you have no friction. You just have to overcome inertia.

Location hidden

#174986 Aug 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeez, girl, there is. The same damn one that reacts to sunlight and cold as I described.

Read my lips.

You tune a lot of things out thinking they are just noise once you get a routine going.

The piezoelectric effect produces sound and magnetic emissions.

Those vibrators are bad for you. Too intense. Kills sensuality and the ability to sense low levels.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#174987 Aug 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://sherryandrea.com/sensit ive-who-feel-earthquakes/
More on earthquake sensitives.
The last week or so my left ear has been ringing on occasion. I am totally deaf in my left ear, and still am. Can't even feel my finger causing any noise around that left ear. That ear does not pick up sound waves.
I have felt something big coming for months. BIG.
But I don't usually do any predicting, particularly in time frames, or locations. Things are just the way they are.
Uh, Catcher, I would suggest you have duplicates made of any important papers such as wills, etc, and have them stored much further east. Anywhere between Denver and Atlanta may be OK. I would recommend Atlanta, though.
Any earthquakes will be secondary to a global reaction to an energy change.
Listen to your inner selves.
I'm not smiling.
Fascinating.

Location hidden

#174988 Aug 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an antenna.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#174989 Aug 18, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> 1 wifey + 1 Husband = BaBy 1 + 1 = 3
Unless she has twins...

:)

Location hidden

#174990 Aug 18, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless she has twins...
:)
Or octomom . I think would commit Hairy Carrie. hah

Location hidden

#174991 Aug 18, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an antenna.
In need of some tin foil to boost reception.

Could use a little jiggling around to aim her right, too.

Thanks.:-)

Location hidden

#174992 Aug 18, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
In need of some tin foil to boost reception.
Could use a little jiggling around to aim her right, too.
Thanks.:-)
I'm sure you have plenty to spare.

These days, they use aluminum foil.

Do you really have some tin? I need some solder for my washer hookup. Nah, I'll just go to Lowes.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#174993 Aug 18, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you have plenty to spare.
These days, they use aluminum foil.
Do you really have some tin? I need some solder for my washer hookup. Nah, I'll just go to Lowes.
I saw some leadfoil once.

It was kinda cool-- slippery stuff, but as delicate as spiderwebbing.

But the last time I saw real Tinfoil? Was on an ancient Xmas tree when I was very young-- at my gran'mas house. Genuine tin strips-- not aluminum, not the modern mylar-plastic.

It was pretty cool to play with, way back then... I used to carefully fold the ends together to see now long of a strip I could make before it broke under it's own weight.

Location hidden

#174994 Aug 19, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =tHJKKdEo8TQXX
The sailing rocks in California. Big rocks that move by themselves, and pretty straight.
Read some of the stupid theories such as wind and ice. In the league of log rollers for pyramid building.
Pure EM and piezoelectric effect. The piezoelectric vibrates the sand, breaking friction. However, there is something above or below steering it, perhaps even tidal forces.
You can push megatons horizontally if you have no friction. You just have to overcome inertia.
That's amazing Dave who would have ever guessed that?
Bur you have one slight problem with your hypothesis, and it's pretty hard to deny. It's been solved exactly how they move
and caught on video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Thinking

UK

#174995 Aug 19, 2013
No.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That was quite a deviation from the subject.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min OBAMA the GENIUS 1,124,646
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 13 min Pearl Jam 306,209
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 40 min black man1 1,480
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Bruin For Life 27,902
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 1 hr Roy the Boy 438
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 3 hr RisaRainbow 201,189
Get your Gator Jamberry Nail Wraps Oct 16 jambycatherine 1

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE