Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
166,401 - 166,420 of 224,728 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
uidiotRACEMAKEWO LRDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

i love intellectualism! BWHAHHHHAAA Logic /critical reasoning rules!

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't trouble yourself with Liberty. Snarky responses are his forte rather than logical thoughtful replies. I guess it's easier being snarky. I answer his ignorance for the entertainment value. Quantum Bob, Polymath, Albtraum, Aura Mytha, I can take them seriously because they actually come up with thoughtful replies. I don't agree with much they say, but their replies and personalities are much better than the average. Black Lagoon is pretty good too. I don't think atheists are evil. Just stubborn.:)
May i ask what you disagree with, educate us all?

BWHAHAHAHAHHAaaa have hiney melon! it good! BWHAHHAHHAaa

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Outside of the Bible, atheist's retaliation and defiance of God's existence is the 2nd most probable proof that God exists. They [atheists] alone prove that the Spirit of God is churning within their hearts. They just refuse to admit it because they are too proud to admit they are WRONG.
That's simply because they love to sin and don't want to be accountable for it. That's it in a nutshell.
Not an Athiest and not religious!

Psst xtains sin again and ask for forgiveness and sin again and ask for another forgiveness and how is moral and etical , As most Atheist are better than you xtain fundies. BWHAHHHAAA

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Roman Apologist wrote:
ignorance [&#712;&#618;gn&#6 01;r&#601;ns]
n
lack of knowledge, information, or education; the state of being ignorant

Also see: Roman Apologist
Excellent reference.

Thanks.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
And what child has ever discovered a god on it's own merely through it's growing and exploring???
That would be ... none. Ever.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
You never hear of a Muslim having an NDE about the Virgin Mary do you?:))
<quoted text>
Or a Hindu having one about Jesus.

:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
I've yet to see anyone move a mountain, now that would certainly pique my interest!
However, the world did witness two giant skyscrapers "moved" by faith...

... it was an ugly demonstration of the dangers of a faith-based worldview.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
I do. Had an NDE and didn't meet any supernatural entities.....did see/feel some pretty imaginative imagery though...a brain deprived of oxygen will do that. Add pain and drugs and you can really have a bum trip;0) Certainly nothing that didn't represent what my body was going through and KNOWN memories that it triggered.
I've known of more than one free thinker who didn't experience religious "revelation" from NDE's.

Yours is but one of many such.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
NDE wouldnt prove god anyways,
now if someone died decomposed and then got revived by god,that would be really something to brag about,,lol
I'd settle for a god re-growing missing legs for a vet who's had his or hers blown off due to religious wars...

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Until you are in Hell, you will never believe. That's why I spend so much time enjoying bashing atheists. They are so willfully stupid, I can't help it.
Your ignorance is so obvious.
Do you seriously come over here with "Jesus is Love" under your name...claiming to be christian and then you have the nerve to say "That's why I spend so much time enjoying bashing atheists." WTF

“a.k.a. GhostWriter2U”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent reference.
Thanks.
Agrumentum ad Hominem is a logical fallacy. It demonstrates a weak argument or a lack of an argument. But I can applaud your creativity and I can tell you that I don't consider it an insult.:)

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't trouble yourself with Liberty. Snarky responses are his forte rather than logical thoughtful replies. I guess it's easier being snarky. I answer his ignorance for the entertainment value. Quantum Bob, Polymath, Albtraum, Aura Mytha, I can take them seriously because they actually come up with thoughtful replies. I don't agree with much they say, but their replies and personalities are much better than the average. Black Lagoon is pretty good too. I don't think atheists are evil. Just stubborn.:)
The only logic response you need to not look mental ill is proof of god. Yet here you are doing everything except providing that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you spend this much tireless energy asking kids for proof of Santa Claus? If not, why not?
There is a God, you dumb ass scratching atheist.
Hi name is Just Results, but he can't prove the god he's bhere to lie about for his cult

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2013

Judged:

Roman Apologist wrote:
Continued
<quoted text>
Here is my position on evidence relating to proving the existence of God.
No one piece of evidence on it's own is going to convince a resistant skeptic. I know that myself.
However, I feel that the extraordinary claim can be satisfied based upon the cumulative evidence such as:
The Cosmological Argument
The Teleological Argument
The Ontological Argument
Philosophical Arguments
Historical Evidence
Medical Evidence (NDEs)
Presuppositional Arguments
Intelligent Design Arguments
Each of these on it's own may not carry the standard of proof you claim needs to be so high. However, when observed cumulatively, a fair minded skeptic may not concede, but will admit it's an impressive total body and attempt at extraordinary proof when evaluated honestly.
i thought you said evidence, not more whining.

“Exercise Your Brain”

Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I've known of more than one free thinker who didn't experience religious "revelation" from NDE's.
Yours is but one of many such.
Awwww shucks....my story just isn't exciting enough to make headlines, not to mention it doesn't cater to/or contradict any agendas from the fundies or outer fringes;0)

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>
Agrumentum ad Hominem is a logical fallacy. It demonstrates a weak argument or a lack of an argument. But I can applaud your creativity and I can tell you that I don't consider it an insult.:)
It's just a game.

Nothing more.

I haven't had time to play lately.

I will. I will.

I will dissect every sentence you write and add to it at my whim. It's what I do.

Do you have a metal coat hanger by chance?

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Hey I would be satisfied with some god regrowing a person't lost arm or leg for them as a miracle. It's easy to have a plant pretend they are blind and then when an ancient holy man touches their forehead they jump up and declare thy have been healed. Restoring a severed limb is a bit tougher.
xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>NDE wouldnt prove god anyways,
now if someone died decomposed and then got revived by god,that would be really something to brag about,,lol

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Oh I had some fun teasing kids after I was told the truth about Santa.. Something I had suspected especially when Santa couldn't find the transformer I wanted one year! Replace Soundwave with Skywarp how dare he?! Lol!

Thanks for admitting your God is only as real as Santa. Oops didn't think that one through did you? Lol!
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>Did you spend this much tireless energy asking kids for proof of Santa Claus? If not, why not?

There is a God, you dumb ass scratching atheist.

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

So as I correctly stated you just made it up.

Thank you for once again confirming I was right and you just make things up as you go.
Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>Mr Liberty likes to accuse me of changing the subject and I can assure you I don't. I just lay out my case or my understanding with all the pertinent information needed. Notice he accused me of making shit up about the "Dewey Defeats Truman" fallacy. It's not an actual fallacy per se. I just created the analogy annd aimed it at him.

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

I have factually proven you wrong several times and you still have failed to answer the majority of my bible questions. I guess that's why you resort to insults yes?

The only entertaining you have done is admitting the dishonesty of the gospels and cowering from questions.
Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>Don't trouble yourself with Liberty. Snarky responses are his forte rather than logical thoughtful replies. I guess it's easier being snarky. I answer his ignorance for the entertainment value. Quantum Bob, Polymath, Albtraum, Aura Mytha, I can take them seriously because they actually come up with thoughtful replies. I don't agree with much they say, but their replies and personalities are much better than the average. Black Lagoon is pretty good too. I don't think atheists are evil. Just stubborn.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••