Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#173153 Jul 31, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you say this because you just contradicted what another one of your co-atheists said while attempting to refute me about how the disgusting religion of atheism has caused such a crime increase since your disciple and deacon of atheism, O'Hair, stirred the cult of atheism up in 1963.
I said in my post that atheism is the chief reason our world has become so much more of a violent and criminal world .
Your stupid atheist friend then posted a link where crime is down in America in the last decade or two (which I strongly disagree with).
Now one of you two , or both , is lying. I think you both are liars.
Your disgusting stalking is almost annoying.

Reported.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#173154 Jul 31, 2013
Just Results wrote:
... O'Hair, stirred the cult of atheism up in 1963.
Atheists have been around longer than you godbots, stupid.

If there were **no** faith in gods?

All would be atheists.

Just as babies are **born** atheist-- having no faith in the lies you hategodbots tell.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#173155 Jul 31, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists have been around longer than you godbots, stupid.
If there were **no** faith in gods?
All would be atheists.
Just as babies are **born** atheist-- having no faith in the lies you hategodbots tell.
No they have not... I see your still... dumb, lol.

I'm back...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#173156 Jul 31, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
No they have not... I see your still... dumb, lol.
I'm back...
Religion **was** invented by people.

Prior to it's invention? Everyone was an atheist.

So you are full of it, as per your usual...

.. and wrong.

Also in keeping with your usual.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#173157 Jul 31, 2013
<quoted text>
.. and wrong.
Maybe religion was invented by people, but not faith D.A...

bring it...
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#173158 Jul 31, 2013
<quoted text>
.. and wrong.
Evidence? That's what I thought...

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#173159 Jul 31, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at any cult or religious text and you will find evidence that humans created it.

So by elimination, Bob is correct - everyone was and is atheist, until ignorant liars invented religion.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#173160 Jul 31, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't need to think - you're a self confessed expert. Like all arrogant creationist trolls who think they're being smart.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#173161 Jul 31, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't need to think - you're a self confessed expert. Like all arrogant creationist trolls who think they're being smart.
Settle down cupcake...

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#173162 Aug 1, 2013
Well of course all religions were created by humans. Are you suggesting dogs, cats or panda bears penned ancient scrolls and texts about some sky wizard? If not we can see men made all religions as we have no proof of a god ever existing.

Ancient people created these charming campfire stories, later documented them as explanations for what they didn't understand and to entertain and comfort each other and to this day some naive people still believe. Although that number is dwindling yearly.

Simply we are growing up as a species and the time has come to put away childish things.
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>Evidence? That's what I thought...
Imhotep

Howey In The Hills, FL

#173163 Aug 1, 2013
Just Results wrote:
Bob's schedule of hate:
5:00 A.M.---drinks cup of coffee.
5:30 A.M.---prays to his Satan.
6:00 A.M.---reads the 10 commandments of how to piss Christians off.
6:30A.M.--- gets angered when he sees on the news that a church group is helping those in need at a tragedy.
7:00 A.M.---jumps with joy when he sees where a church bus of youth crashes on the interstate killing 4 kids.
7:30 AM ---spits and froths over his keyboard when a Christian posts scriptures.
8:00 A.M until noon.---posts hatred on no less than 24 atheists threads. Uses the word godbot 56 times. Shows off how he can post the trademark symbol no less than 10 times out of anger and rage.
12:00 PM ---drinks more coffee on his couch, never looking in the paper for a job.
1:00 PM---pissed off because all his Christian targets are not online for him to bash because they are still at work.
2:00PM ---jacks off
3:00 PM---takes his mommy to Chic-fil-A where he spits in the face of the store owner and screams "I'm an atheist bigot and I embrace wickedness!!!"
4:00 PM---changes sock puppet and posts more bigotry on 14 more atheist topics.
5:00 PM---changes sock puppet again and asks 20 or more Christians to prove there is a God despite the fact he claims he knows for a fact there is no God.
6:00 PM--- sucks his mommy's tits.
7:00 PM---expresses more anger as an atheist and calls 10 Christians ugly names, expressing what an imbecilic child he is.
8:00-8:15 P.M.----SLEEPS
8:15-8:30 PM ---wakes again out of a sweat worrying that his faith in atheism is too weak and feeble.
9:00 until 11PM--showing his ass on more forums
12AM---reads an atheist magazine full of shit for one hour
1 AM--jerks off again.
2 AM-- still not able to sleep worrying about Hell.
3AM---left with no one else to post to but other bigoted atheists.
4 AM---Wondering when his mommy is going to get up and change his diapers.
<quoted text>
I always love it when I see a loving Christian response. You should look behind your back I think Satan is very close with that post!

True BibleŠ

1. Do you believe in God?

A.Yes, I believe in the one TRUE God.
B.Yes, I have my own religious beliefs.
C.I'm not really sure but a sword to my throat would convince me.
D.Not, I prefer rationality.

2. Do you believe in MY God?
A. Oh totally.(That's a fine sword you have there).
B. Nah, I already have one of those.
C.There is no God. Gasp!
D. My ass itches

3. Do you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior?

A. You bet! One time, two times, three times my savior!
B.Once in a while.
C. Jesus who?
D. No, I'll opt out.

4. Have you read the King James Bible?

A. Yes! Like OMG, it's my freaking life!
B. Yeah, it was decent.
C. Yes, but The Cat in the Hat was better.
D. I'd rather eat a thumbtack sandwich than read that garbage.

5. The TRUE meaning of the 6th Commandment:

A. Thou shalt not kill anyone for any reason.
B.Thou shalt not kill anyone except for the people who don't believe in the same God you believe in or people who don't believe in God at all.
C. Thou shalt not kill except if they really piss you off.
D. Slay away! More people have been killed in the name of God than for any other reason in history.
E. God killed all life on earth, that she created, except Eight inexperienced shipbuilders, One of which - get this - 900 years old!

The salvation of your eternal soul depends on how you answer the quiz.
Imhotep

Howey In The Hills, FL

#173164 Aug 1, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence Or common sense?

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
Anon

Yours in Christ
Allah willing
Hare Krishna
shalom ;)
Imhotep

Howey In The Hills, FL

#173165 Aug 1, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe religion was invented by people, but not faith D.A...
bring it...
I have "faith" each time I pull the slot machines arm, hoping for the big bonus.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#173166 Aug 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are aware of the lead dust created and breathed in indoor ranges? It is not insignificant. You need LOTS of air circulation and LOTS of filtering. Then it has to be disposed of properly. Even outdoor range backstops get replaced every so often.
Not too mention the vaporized jacketing material and lubes.
<The Dave Nelson> "jacketing material and luubesss... WAHHH WOW OAHHHH UNGAHHH!...whew"
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#173167 Aug 1, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
I always love it when I see a loving Christian response. You should look behind your back I think Satan is very close with that post!
Yes I think "Just Results" is now showing his true colours.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#173168 Aug 1, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you say this because you just contradicted what another one of your co-atheists said while attempting to refute me about how the disgusting religion of atheism has caused such a crime increase since your disciple and deacon of atheism, O'Hair, stirred the cult of atheism up in 1963.
I said in my post that atheism is the chief reason our world has become so much more of a violent and criminal world .
Your stupid atheist friend then posted a link where crime is down in America in the last decade or two (which I strongly disagree with).
Now one of you two , or both , is lying. I think you both are liars.
Violent crime is down, but there is still *way* too much gun violence.

“a.k.a. GhostWriter2U”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#173169 Aug 1, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Violent crime is down, but there is still *way* too much gun violence.
Correction: the number of *reported* violent crimes is down. I'm back.
:)

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#173170 Aug 1, 2013
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>Bob's schedule of hate:

5:00 A.M.---drinks cup of coffee.
5:30 A.M.---prays to his Satan.
6:00 A.M.---reads the 10 commandments of how to piss Christians off.
6:30A.M.--- gets angered when he sees on the news that a church group is helping those in need at a tragedy.

7:00 A.M.---jumps with joy when he sees where a church bus of youth crashes on the interstate killing 4 kids.

7:30 AM ---spits and froths over his keyboard when a Christian posts scriptures.

8:00 A.M until noon.---posts hatred on no less than 24 atheists threads. Uses the word godbot 56 times. Shows off how he can post the trademark symbol no less than 10 times out of anger and rage.

12:00 PM ---drinks more coffee on his couch, never looking in the paper for a job.

1:00 PM---pissed off because all his Christian targets are not online for him to bash because they are still at work.

2:00PM ---jacks off

3:00 PM---takes his mommy to Chic-fil-A where he spits in the face of the store owner and screams "I'm an atheist bigot and I embrace wickedness!!!"

4:00 PM---changes sock puppet and posts more bigotry on 14 more atheist topics.
5:00 PM---changes sock puppet again and asks 20 or more Christians to prove there is a God despite the fact he claims he knows for a fact there is no God.

6:00 PM--- sucks his mommy's tits.

7:00 PM---expresses more anger as an atheist and calls 10 Christians ugly names, expressing what an imbecilic child he is.
8:00-8:15 P.M.----SLEEPS

8:15-8:30 PM ---wakes again out of a sweat worrying that his faith in atheism is too weak and feeble.

9:00 until 11PM--showing his ass on more forums

12AM---reads an atheist magazine full of shit for one hour

1 AM--jerks off again.

2 AM-- still not able to sleep worrying about Hell.
3AM---left with no one else to post to but other bigoted atheists.

4 AM---Wondering when his mommy is going to get up and change his diapers.
There are 10 commandments to piss Christians off?!

Where? Where?

I think I may have just kept one of them.

I just left the drugstore where there were 2 guys taking donations for something.

On the way out, I stopped at their table. It was a "keep teens off drugs" fundraiser. I saw the word "science" on one of the leaflets and took out my cash.

I mentioned, "Oh. It's science based?"

He replied, "No. It's faith based."

I said, "Oh", pocketed my cash and walked away.

Does that count?

“a.k.a. GhostWriter2U”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#173171 Aug 1, 2013
<quoted text>
.. and wrong.
Atheism isn't the default position of humanity. The default position of humanity is exploration. If you put an average 8 month old baby on the floor you will see that the child's natural instinct is to explore the surroundings. The child won't sit there in doubt of whether anything exists. The child won't doubt whether or not he or she can climb or crawl. The child will explore and move wherever there aren't any obstacles, and will do so with an inquisitive open mind.

Atheism corresponds to the obstacles placed in the mental path of exploration by the individual. Obstacles to faith are self-imposed obstacles.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#173172 Aug 1, 2013
Ah the guy who says the bible never says Jesus was born in a house. Lol!
Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>Correction: the number of *reported* violent crimes is down. I'm back.
:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min forks_make_us_fat 1,126,348
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 21 min Junket 306,258
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 42 min Brew In 27,927
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 55 min fadu singh 457
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 1 hr LonePalm 1,525
Old UK WildCat Picture Signed by Adolph F.Rupp+... (Apr '07) 19 hr Local man 40
Do you hate UK Wildcats, we DO :-) (Apr '11) Wed Geoscientist 50

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE