Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
166,161 - 166,180 of 225,655 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Your errors are not typos, you thick cult.
Typo or error that auto correct changes and I fail to catch it. How's is that any different then your complete screw up on "blame".
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.
But if the holes are made by simple bullets? Some white latex caulk will fill that hole quite nicely.
And easily painted over.
:)
Much neater than mixing up the drywall compound...
it surprises me that builders down there havent discovered concrete yet to use for building houses!!

www.tridipanels.com
xianity is EVIL

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 28, 2013

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Typo or error that auto correct changes and I fail to catch it. How's is that any different then your complete screw up on "blame".
Your mental illness prevents you from admitting you're a simple liar with no proof of god.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

<quoted text>
I've heard of that trick-- great for tackholes.
Done fixed the nail holes for my blacklight poster of Jimmy Hendrix (on velvet) that way.
Imhotep

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

<quoted text>
Yes.
But when the subject is supposed to be cerebral and all scientifical?
<grin>
Then it is most amusing to point out the grammatical errors by the poster.
This is especially true if the poster claims to be all "edumacated-like"...
Indeed!
Some are truly unintentionally funny.

Siri can put word combos together that are really funny and I leave them in deliberately.

Pole lice vs Police is a example.
Imhotep

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

<quoted text>
Nope. You've been watching too much Faux Snooze.
But that's okay-- I still like you anyhow.
It hardly matters, as we don't live in the same town, we're likely to never be affected by the stand your ground [legal murder] laws anyhow.
I don't watch FOXNews Bob you know that!
But I do separate the wheat from the chaff.

You fell into the SYG media hype.
I didn't. I am too cynical and too skeptical!
And I have a home-court advantage! ;)

It's only a difference of opinion - so like you said it really doesn't matter.

This is the first time I believe you and I have disagreed on a given subject.

My beef was simply the pseudo-reverends - Jesse and Al are nothing but professional race baiters.'Men of God'?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

xianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
it surprises me that builders down there havent discovered concrete yet to use for building houses!!
www.tridipanels.com
Oh sure we use concrete, we have big concrete factories. They can form up anything to spec, lightweight to super dense stuff. We do this in commercial construction .
But home building except for a few is a very traditional southern style, that spans the entire eastern seaboard. From Maine to Fla. where it takes a definite Spanish to Cuban style flavor.
But California is known to do off traditional flavors abundantly.
Despite all that Cabin style and Container construction is in everywhere, because we have so many containers that don't get reused. It would be interesting to combine the two concepts.

https://www.google.com/search...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure...sure... riiiiiight.

Is that the excuse you are going with?

<laughing>

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Done fixed the nail holes for my blacklight poster of Jimmy Hendrix (on velvet) that way.
LOL!

Many formulas of toothpaste would indeed, glow under UV light.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed!
Some are truly unintentionally funny.
Siri can put word combos together that are really funny and I leave them in deliberately.
Pole lice vs Police is a example.

I despise voice-to-text myself, so I haven't experimented with it much.

Also, I type at roughly 70 words per minute, so I can actually type about as fast as I can speak--faster, if I'm trying to make a robot understand what I'm saying.

One reason why I don't use my Galaxy 3 on Topix.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't watch FOXNews Bob you know that!
But I do separate the wheat from the chaff.
You fell into the SYG media hype.
I didn't. I am too cynical and too skeptical!
And I have a home-court advantage! ;)
It's only a difference of opinion - so like you said it really doesn't matter.
This is the first time I believe you and I have disagreed on a given subject.
My beef was simply the pseudo-reverends - Jesse and Al are nothing but professional race baiters.'Men of God'?

It **was** a bit over-the top.

I'm sorry I stooped so low-- it was unbecoming.

My beef with SYG, is that it fails some of the basic tests we have for laws-- there is simply much too much margin for error within it's scope.

Until science ever invents a truly accurate lie detector? Or, perhaps a time viewer, so we can go back and see what happened?

I think SYG is too easy to abuse.

That's my biggest beef.

That, and the racial inequality in how laws are applied-- I know that statistics do not correlation make, but they do show a strong discrepancy between whites and people of color, in how the laws are interpreted by the "justice" system.

And SYG only opens that door wider, for even more discrepancies.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Oh sure we use concrete, we have big concrete factories. They can form up anything to spec, lightweight to super dense stuff. We do this in commercial construction .
But home building except for a few is a very traditional southern style, that spans the entire eastern seaboard. From Maine to Fla. where it takes a definite Spanish to Cuban style flavor.
But California is known to do off traditional flavors abundantly.
Despite all that Cabin style and Container construction is in everywhere, because we have so many containers that don't get reused. It would be interesting to combine the two concepts.
https://www.google.com/search...
I suspect it was a paid SPAM poster...

.... Stars, I hope I never get so low, I have to try to eck out a living at 0.003/post...

... meh.
UIDIOTRACE MAKEWORLDPEACE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

<quoted text>
.... Stars, I hope I never get so low, I have to try to eck out a living at 0.003/post...
... meh.
Those Wu mao make more money at .5 yuan a post or USD approx = 8 cents
Thinking

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Did you have to take it down to clean his vomit off of it?
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Done fixed the nail holes for my blacklight poster of Jimmy Hendrix (on velvet) that way.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

<quoted text>
... meh.
Seriously
prophecies

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

ANTICHRIST ....on world stage

Imhotep

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

<quoted text>
It **was** a bit over-the top.
I'm sorry I stooped so low-- it was unbecoming.
My beef with SYG, is that it fails some of the basic tests we have for laws-- there is simply much too much margin for error within it's scope.
Until science ever invents a truly accurate lie detector? Or, perhaps a time viewer, so we can go back and see what happened?
I think SYG is too easy to abuse.
That's my biggest beef.
That, and the racial inequality in how laws are applied-- I know that statistics do not correlation make, but they do show a strong discrepancy between whites and people of color, in how the laws are interpreted by the "justice" system.
And SYG only opens that door wider, for even more discrepancies.
I agree on SYG.
I don't favorite either.

You have an inquiring mind like me and I think you'll find this interesting...

In fact, such an event occurred in 2009 in Greece, N.Y., a suburb of Rochester. Roderick Scott, a black man, shot and killed an unarmed white teen, Christopher Cervini, whom he believed was burglarizing a neighbor's car, with a licensed .40 cal. handgun.

There are many similarities between the Scott-Cervini case and the GZ-TM case in Florida. In both cases, there had been a spate of criminal activity in the neighborhood.

In both cases, the shooters called 911 to report suspicious activity, yet chose to confront the unarmed suspects outside their residence and off their own property prior to the arrival of the police.

In both cases, the shooters claimed that they felt threatened, and fired in self-defense. In both cases, local law enforcement applied relevant state law.

Despite the fact that he left his own property, confronted, and shot dead an unarmed white person thought to be committing a petty property crime, Scott was acquitted by a majority-white jury after claiming that the Cervini charged at him, putting him in imminent fear of his life.

All-too-familiar isn't it?

And no I didn't think your comment was unbecoming... I know you better than that! ;)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

UIDIOTRACE MAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Those Wu mao make more money at .5 yuan a post or USD approx = 8 cents
LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2013

Judged:

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree on SYG.
I don't favorite either.
You have an inquiring mind like me and I think you'll find this interesting...
In fact, such an event occurred in 2009 in Greece, N.Y., a suburb of Rochester. Roderick Scott, a black man, shot and killed an unarmed white teen, Christopher Cervini, whom he believed was burglarizing a neighbor's car, with a licensed .40 cal. handgun.
There are many similarities between the Scott-Cervini case and the GZ-TM case in Florida. In both cases, there had been a spate of criminal activity in the neighborhood.
In both cases, the shooters called 911 to report suspicious activity, yet chose to confront the unarmed suspects outside their residence and off their own property prior to the arrival of the police.
In both cases, the shooters claimed that they felt threatened, and fired in self-defense. In both cases, local law enforcement applied relevant state law.
Despite the fact that he left his own property, confronted, and shot dead an unarmed white person thought to be committing a petty property crime, Scott was acquitted by a majority-white jury after claiming that the Cervini charged at him, putting him in imminent fear of his life.
All-too-familiar isn't it?
And no I didn't think your comment was unbecoming... I know you better than that! ;)
We live in a violent country, I guess.

The only sane answer, if one intends to stay, is to arm yourself and learn how to use it well.

(as arming yourself with something you fired maybe 50 times is worse than not carrying anything: a determined attacker will simply take it from you, as you fumble with it's unfamiliarity, and use it against you)

Which reminds me-- I need to find time to go target practice again.

There's a local shooting range nearby, but they are run by NRA nutters, and insist on NRA membership before you can join... WTF?

I guess my money's not good enough for them...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 46 min shinningelectr0n 1,096,122
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Pearl Jam 305,390
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr Bruin For Life 26,971
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 19 RICK SERVICE 28
loan needed (Dec '13) Aug 12 Simon 5
loan offer (Jun '13) Aug 10 Tram 81
Na Aug 9 rrg cgr 1

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••