Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#173114 Jul 29, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Done fixed the nail holes for my blacklight poster of Jimmy Hendrix (on velvet) that way.
LOL!

Many formulas of toothpaste would indeed, glow under UV light.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#173115 Jul 29, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed!
Some are truly unintentionally funny.
Siri can put word combos together that are really funny and I leave them in deliberately.
Pole lice vs Police is a example.
:)

I despise voice-to-text myself, so I haven't experimented with it much.

Also, I type at roughly 70 words per minute, so I can actually type about as fast as I can speak--faster, if I'm trying to make a robot understand what I'm saying.

One reason why I don't use my Galaxy 3 on Topix.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#173116 Jul 29, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't watch FOXNews Bob you know that!
But I do separate the wheat from the chaff.
You fell into the SYG media hype.
I didn't. I am too cynical and too skeptical!
And I have a home-court advantage! ;)
It's only a difference of opinion - so like you said it really doesn't matter.
This is the first time I believe you and I have disagreed on a given subject.
My beef was simply the pseudo-reverends - Jesse and Al are nothing but professional race baiters.'Men of God'?

It **was** a bit over-the top.

I'm sorry I stooped so low-- it was unbecoming.

My beef with SYG, is that it fails some of the basic tests we have for laws-- there is simply much too much margin for error within it's scope.

Until science ever invents a truly accurate lie detector? Or, perhaps a time viewer, so we can go back and see what happened?

I think SYG is too easy to abuse.

That's my biggest beef.

That, and the racial inequality in how laws are applied-- I know that statistics do not correlation make, but they do show a strong discrepancy between whites and people of color, in how the laws are interpreted by the "justice" system.

And SYG only opens that door wider, for even more discrepancies.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#173117 Jul 29, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Oh sure we use concrete, we have big concrete factories. They can form up anything to spec, lightweight to super dense stuff. We do this in commercial construction .
But home building except for a few is a very traditional southern style, that spans the entire eastern seaboard. From Maine to Fla. where it takes a definite Spanish to Cuban style flavor.
But California is known to do off traditional flavors abundantly.
Despite all that Cabin style and Container construction is in everywhere, because we have so many containers that don't get reused. It would be interesting to combine the two concepts.
https://www.google.com/search...
I suspect it was a paid SPAM poster...

.... Stars, I hope I never get so low, I have to try to eck out a living at 0.003/post...

... meh.
UIDIOTRACE MAKEWORLDPEACE

United States

#173118 Jul 29, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
.... Stars, I hope I never get so low, I have to try to eck out a living at 0.003/post...
... meh.
Those Wu mao make more money at .5 yuan a post or USD approx = 8 cents
Thinking

UK

#173119 Jul 29, 2013
Did you have to take it down to clean his vomit off of it?
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Done fixed the nail holes for my blacklight poster of Jimmy Hendrix (on velvet) that way.

“Move into the light.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#173120 Jul 29, 2013
<quoted text>
... meh.
Seriously
prophecies

AOL

#173121 Jul 29, 2013

ANTICHRIST ....on world stage

Imhotep

Ocala, FL

#173122 Jul 29, 2013
<quoted text>
It **was** a bit over-the top.
I'm sorry I stooped so low-- it was unbecoming.
My beef with SYG, is that it fails some of the basic tests we have for laws-- there is simply much too much margin for error within it's scope.
Until science ever invents a truly accurate lie detector? Or, perhaps a time viewer, so we can go back and see what happened?
I think SYG is too easy to abuse.
That's my biggest beef.
That, and the racial inequality in how laws are applied-- I know that statistics do not correlation make, but they do show a strong discrepancy between whites and people of color, in how the laws are interpreted by the "justice" system.
And SYG only opens that door wider, for even more discrepancies.
I agree on SYG.
I don't favorite either.

You have an inquiring mind like me and I think you'll find this interesting...

In fact, such an event occurred in 2009 in Greece, N.Y., a suburb of Rochester. Roderick Scott, a black man, shot and killed an unarmed white teen, Christopher Cervini, whom he believed was burglarizing a neighbor's car, with a licensed .40 cal. handgun.

There are many similarities between the Scott-Cervini case and the GZ-TM case in Florida. In both cases, there had been a spate of criminal activity in the neighborhood.

In both cases, the shooters called 911 to report suspicious activity, yet chose to confront the unarmed suspects outside their residence and off their own property prior to the arrival of the police.

In both cases, the shooters claimed that they felt threatened, and fired in self-defense. In both cases, local law enforcement applied relevant state law.

Despite the fact that he left his own property, confronted, and shot dead an unarmed white person thought to be committing a petty property crime, Scott was acquitted by a majority-white jury after claiming that the Cervini charged at him, putting him in imminent fear of his life.

All-too-familiar isn't it?

And no I didn't think your comment was unbecoming... I know you better than that! ;)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#173123 Jul 29, 2013
UIDIOTRACE MAKEWORLDPEACE wrote:
<quoted text>Those Wu mao make more money at .5 yuan a post or USD approx = 8 cents
LOL!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#173124 Jul 29, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree on SYG.
I don't favorite either.
You have an inquiring mind like me and I think you'll find this interesting...
In fact, such an event occurred in 2009 in Greece, N.Y., a suburb of Rochester. Roderick Scott, a black man, shot and killed an unarmed white teen, Christopher Cervini, whom he believed was burglarizing a neighbor's car, with a licensed .40 cal. handgun.
There are many similarities between the Scott-Cervini case and the GZ-TM case in Florida. In both cases, there had been a spate of criminal activity in the neighborhood.
In both cases, the shooters called 911 to report suspicious activity, yet chose to confront the unarmed suspects outside their residence and off their own property prior to the arrival of the police.
In both cases, the shooters claimed that they felt threatened, and fired in self-defense. In both cases, local law enforcement applied relevant state law.
Despite the fact that he left his own property, confronted, and shot dead an unarmed white person thought to be committing a petty property crime, Scott was acquitted by a majority-white jury after claiming that the Cervini charged at him, putting him in imminent fear of his life.
All-too-familiar isn't it?
And no I didn't think your comment was unbecoming... I know you better than that! ;)
We live in a violent country, I guess.

The only sane answer, if one intends to stay, is to arm yourself and learn how to use it well.

(as arming yourself with something you fired maybe 50 times is worse than not carrying anything: a determined attacker will simply take it from you, as you fumble with it's unfamiliarity, and use it against you)

Which reminds me-- I need to find time to go target practice again.

There's a local shooting range nearby, but they are run by NRA nutters, and insist on NRA membership before you can join... WTF?

I guess my money's not good enough for them...
Imhotep

Ocala, FL

#173125 Jul 29, 2013
<quoted text>
We live in a violent country, I guess.
The only sane answer, if one intends to stay, is to arm yourself and learn how to use it well.
(as arming yourself with something you fired maybe 50 times is worse than not carrying anything: a determined attacker will simply take it from you, as you fumble with it's unfamiliarity, and use it against you)
Which reminds me-- I need to find time to go target practice again.
There's a local shooting range nearby, but they are run by NRA nutters, and insist on NRA membership before you can join... WTF?
I guess my money's not good enough for them...
Earlier we were speaking about using Siri.
As I mentioned sometimes I leave things and just for fun...

You missed this!

" I agree on SYG.
I don't favorite either."

S/B 'I don't favor it either'. This is an example of leaving a Siri mistake in!

Yes it is violent. And the NRA rules Congress.
In Florida there are target ranges everywhere.
Indoor and outdoor.

I would think Oklahoma would be gun country like most of the Western states? Is there any open area you can do target shooting?

Those Texans shoot a lot of people.
youtubeNews

AOL

#173126 Jul 30, 2013

ISRAEL to give POPE "Custody" of Temple Mount -

http://youtu.be/Qt9kEQB4ti8

Since: Jul 13

Elkins, WV

#173127 Jul 30, 2013
Religion is designed to focus the people's attention and energy on a single, unchanging, uncompromising and invisible supreme being who allegedly created an inferior human race just for some extra companionship and love for himself and then supposedly foisted a set of oppressiveand in some cases arbitrary rules on them, which if broken would be met with unimaginable punishment

Elkins, WV

#173128 Jul 30, 2013
This keeps the followers in a continuing state of fear and compliance. They are afraid to question the intentions of this invisible being and they are afraid of even expressing their own individuality in many cases. Christians and others are taught that they have virtually no power to do anything exceptpray, worship and do good deeds. They are taught to practice self denial and are told that their own will is totally irrelevant. Religious followers believe that they are yielding their will over to a benevolent cosmic individual who hassingle-handedly created the whole universe and has their best interests at heart when in fact they are handing over their will and freedoms to hidden groups of religious elites for the elites own personal gains.It appears that religion must constantly degrade and humiliate its followers in order to glorify and elevate its god. Unfortunately many people appear eager to give away their power to authority and seem to have a need and even a desire to be ruled and disciplined by it. Worshipping gods is futile and is nothing more than an ancient primitive custom practiced by weak minded and superstitious people. It has no place in the 21st century. The reason we have life in this world is to experience life in this world, not to spend our entire lives studying an old book, looking up to the sky and worshipping an invisible ruler in another realm. 

Elkins, WV

#173129 Jul 30, 2013
The main method by which Christians in particular are trapped and deceived is with the messiah or saviour story. This is linked to the 'original sin' story which is designed to impose a large amount of guilt onto the whole of humanity. The believers are then so grateful that they have been saved by the son of God nearly 2000 years before they were born that in some cases they abandon all reason, logic and good judgment to obey and worship this god and his son. Anyone who believes this story is indeed lost because to believe that a god would send his only son to help us, only to see his son get tortured and murdered, and then instead of unleashing all his wrath, simply absolve us from all crimes past and present, is pure madness to say the least. Where is the lesson for us in that? What has been achieved? There is no lesson or purpose because it's all about mass psychological enslavement and disempowerment. 

Elkins, WV

#173130 Jul 30, 2013
The so called god that we are expected to worship is undoubtedly just a dictator strawman concocted by the religious elites for the purpose of controlling the masses. If there is a prime creator in this universe then it is unlikely that he would interfere and impose on us by foisting his arbitrary laws, let alone need and demand our frivolous worship and blind obedience. Neither of those things requires any level of mental aptitude or creativity. The intelligence and skills that's been given to many has gone totally to waste. Many have lowered themselves to the pointless practice of hero worship.Furthermore, Christian ity, Islam and a few other religions are polarized religions. They are polarized against each other. One is believed to be good and the other is seen as bad. The funny thing is, is that each one thinks that their's is good and the other's is bad. In most ways they're both bad. The only good kind of religion is a neutral and all loving one.Polarized religions have been devised by influential elite leaders to play the people off against each other. That way the elite can defeat and enslave the population practically without lifting a finger.Religion is like a drug to some. And they need a 2000 year old hero to save them - from themselves that is!

Elkins, WV

#173131 Jul 30, 2013
The churches don't permit their followers to have any real truth and knowledge because that would empower the people too much so they spoon feed them kiddie stories, half truths, distortions and even lies and the followers value it highly even though they must spend the rest of their lives just making sense of it.The irony is that religion is pretty much man made, so mankind has really brought this onto themselves.The religious elites are not totally to blame because many people actually enjoy listening to mystical sounding stories, performing rituals, customs and traditions, playing polarity roles and dramas and waging battles against what they perceive to be a devil boogie man. They also have a secret fetish to be dominated and ruled with an iron fist by a supreme ruler or king.After all these centuries people still haven't learned to take back their power and start taking responsibility for themselves . 

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#173132 Jul 30, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Earlier we were speaking about using Siri.
As I mentioned sometimes I leave things and just for fun...
You missed this!
" I agree on SYG.
I don't favorite either."
S/B 'I don't favor it either'. This is an example of leaving a Siri mistake in!
Yes it is violent. And the NRA rules Congress.
In Florida there are target ranges everywhere.
Indoor and outdoor.
I would think Oklahoma would be gun country like most of the Western states? Is there any open area you can do target shooting?
Those Texans shoot a lot of people.
About 20 years back, there was an abandoned strip mine of some sort, you could go practice in-- it was perfect: had anywhere from 20 to 50 feet high walls consisting of fairly loose shale as a backstop. Little chance of ricochet back to you or elsewhere. Easy paths down into it, from when they were hauling up the ore. It was about as perfect as you could ask for.

Alas, the nanny-state morons closed it off, and prohibited the public from going in there. meh. Afraid some moron would drown in the man-made lakes down at the very bottom, I guess.(as if that wouldn't have improved the gene pool some... it would've been a win-win I'd have thought...)

But now, there's no where nearby to go shooting for free. A few paid locations here and there, but without membership, it's prohibitive for regular practice. There's a really good range outside of town, too far to go apart from weekends, though-- takes about an hour to get to (poor roads). And because the land is owned by a rational family?(the gun club only leases it) You are not forced to subsidize the nutter-NRA bullshit...

There's one in the southside of the city, but I've not checked on their prices-- likely as ridiculous as the ones nearby, if not worse.

... meh. Too much regulation makes indoor ranges too expensive-- and about 70% of the regulation has **nothing** to do with shooting itself, but with **air** quality!!! WTF???

... nanny states...(in the voice of Yosemite Sam)

I hates that rabbit...
Imhotep

Howey In The Hills, FL

#173133 Jul 30, 2013
<quoted text>
About 20 years back, there was an abandoned strip mine of some sort, you could go practice in-- it was perfect: had anywhere from 20 to 50 feet high walls consisting of fairly loose shale as a backstop. Little chance of ricochet back to you or elsewhere. Easy paths down into it, from when they were hauling up the ore. It was about as perfect as you could ask for.
Alas, the nanny-state morons closed it off, and prohibited the public from going in there. meh. Afraid some moron would drown in the man-made lakes down at the very bottom, I guess.(as if that wouldn't have improved the gene pool some... it would've been a win-win I'd have thought...)
But now, there's no where nearby to go shooting for free. A few paid locations here and there, but without membership, it's prohibitive for regular practice. There's a really good range outside of town, too far to go apart from weekends, though-- takes about an hour to get to (poor roads). And because the land is owned by a rational family?(the gun club only leases it) You are not forced to subsidize the nutter-NRA bullshit...
There's one in the southside of the city, but I've not checked on their prices-- likely as ridiculous as the ones nearby, if not worse.
... meh. Too much regulation makes indoor ranges too expensive-- and about 70% of the regulation has **nothing** to do with shooting itself, but with **air** quality!!! WTF???
... nanny states...(in the voice of Yosemite Sam)
I hates that rabbit...
http://yosemitesamquotes.com/

“That’s what I get for trustin’ a rabbit”
“All right now ya wise guy … Dance!”
“Say yer prayers ya long eared galoot!”
“Come back here you muley-headed maverick”
“You ornery fur-bearin’ rebel … you’ll pay for this!”
“Now, ya carrot-chewin’ coyote! Git a goin’!”

Sam and foghorn Are two of my favorite cartoon characters.

http://foghornleghornquotes.com/

“I made a funny son and you’re not laughin’
“That boy’s about as sharp as a bowling ball”
“I keep pitchin’‘em and you keep missin’‘em”
“That boy’s as timid as a canary at a cat show”
“That woman’s as cold as a nudist on an iceberg

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min RealDave 1,207,524
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 12 min Batch 37 Pain Is ... 309,300
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 3 hr Big D 201,801
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr stewart scott 29,295
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... 9 hr Lora_14 4
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 21 hr Earthling-1 4,981
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Mar 26 kareeo 14
More from around the web