Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#172276 Jul 16, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you don't believe in GOD!you say he don't exist. so who's the blame for all the bad stuff in the world? science, atheist,evolution,who
Oh sorry, I misunderstood, I thought you were saying god was to blame, one moment, let me look. Yes that’s exactly what you were saying in your post http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TUGI0DV...

God made all even science
Endquote

Yet now you have had a while to think about it you are actually denying this.

Sorry DK clunt idiocy is no excuse for deliberate ignorance .

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#172277 Jul 16, 2013
I think we have all noticed that :)
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>Dave thinks a lot of things, most of them belong in the dreams of davesworld and have no place in reality

Louisville, KY

#172278 Jul 16, 2013
Lmfao! He goes through knee pads like water I bet :))
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>I bet you are a huge fan of Knees !!!:) snicker

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#172279 Jul 16, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
I notice the poor dumb atheist on here blame GOD for all the evil in the world. But say he don't exist!! And they claim to be intelligent, BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHASNORTSHAHAHAHAFARTSHAHAHA YOHAHAHAHAHA
ITS CALLED CLOWNIE OWNAGE!
GET DOWN & GET FUNKY BRO. CLOWNIE IS ONE BAD HONKY
That was YOU blaming god, no one else

It’s called deliberate ignorance and home schooled stupidity
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>God made all even science
So in the face of actual evidence lying, stupidity and deliberate ignorance is not going to let you off the hook.

Louisville, KY

#172280 Jul 16, 2013
There are thousands of different Christian churches I am asking a simple question why are you so terrified to answer?

Why are you so deeply ashamed of the church you attend that you cannot even say which one?

Ancient Christians faced death and torture by saying what church they went to. This is a discussion board and you are terrified to say what Christian religion you belong to! Hahahaha!

It has to be something really screwed up like Mormons, Jehovah Witness, Pentecostal or worse. Otherwise you wouldn't be so deeply ashamed.
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>CHRISTIAN! I've told you hard head! next you want to know how much I give the church each month... none of your BIZZ

Louisville, KY

#172281 Jul 16, 2013
Are all the old vets terrified to say what church they attend like you? Or is your cowardice your's and your's alone pussyassbitch?
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>We old vets deserve respect from these rookies! but do we get it? Hell No... most of them have been banned 3 or 4 times or more! Yet you and I hang in like rusty nails...

Louisville, KY

#172282 Jul 16, 2013
Nope that would be unacceptable because Jesus had intelligent and even wealthy followers according to the myth. Any reasonably intelligent person would realize the critical importance of documenting and preserving the words and deeds of such a man immediately knowing full well vital details and words would be lost and forgotten.
Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>I was under the impression that your comments were directed at me.

Givemeliberty wrote, "Again why was it that "Paul" who never met Jesus outside of dreams and visions/hallucinations was the first to write about him?"

Would you consider the following as a plausible explanation?

Paul was the first to write, because Paul was a member of the Sanhedrin. Members of the Jewish Sanhedrin were very well educated. The men that Jesus chose as His disciples were (with the exception of Matthew) working class men. In that culture,(a predominantly oral culture) it's not unreasonable to infer or conclude that a better educated man would be the first to write everything down.

Isn't that a reasonable alternative to consider?

Louisville, KY

#172283 Jul 16, 2013
Did Paul meet Jesus in the flesh? No.
Was all of Paul's interactions with Jesus in the form of visions and dreams? Yes.

You can belch that they were divine visions and dreams if you want to humiliate yourself as this is an apologetic opinion but my fact stands.

If you are already aware of something stop wasting time asking me to provide information on it. Now can we finally please move along?

Why is the first documented words about Jesus penned by a man who never even met him?
Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>Please don't be so hasty in your thought process. I asked YOU to tell me where exactly in the NT Paul claimed that his account of seeing Jesus is only a dream or vision. I know the story of the Damascus Road incident. I'm asking you to provide evidence that Paul claimed that it was ONLY a VISION or DREAM.

Insulting remarks don't move the dialogue forward very well do they?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#172284 Jul 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Nope that would be unacceptable because Jesus had intelligent and even wealthy followers according to the myth. Any reasonably intelligent person would realize the critical importance of documenting and preserving the words and deeds of such a man immediately knowing full well vital details and words would be lost and forgotten.
<quoted text>
It is **much** worse than even that: if Jewsus was, in fact, a god?

He would have foreseen the present difficulties, and took **godly** steps to preserve his messages for the future generations.

That Jewsus himself **never** wrote even one verse?

Is more than sufficient proof that he was **not** a god of any kind.

Louisville, KY

#172285 Jul 16, 2013
Richard is great as is Dr. Robert Price. They are two scholars who have factually laid out the case fact by fact point by point that there really is no proof for a historical Jesus.

I have yet to see one person scholar or otherwise take on their argument except using logical fallacies.
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>My mistake-- it wasn't Bart, it was Dr. Richard Carrier. I've not heard your man, but I'll look for him.

The video I saw was here: " http://youtu.be/mwUZOZN-9dc" ; poor audio, but worth your hour to listen.

He's a real historian, using real historian's methodology.

Louisville, KY

#172286 Jul 16, 2013
Exactly it was the OB1 style ghost of Jesus. Lol!
<quoted text>Paul freely admits that he was the only person "there". He also admits that the "person" he saw was more like a spirit, than a man.

This reinforces the fact that Paul only writes about jesus as if he were pure spirit-- pure "angelic" or "heavenly" and never about jesus-the-man.

That fact, and the fact that Paul's stuff is the oldest verifiable NT writings, reinforces the notion that the Jesus-myth began as a celestial, non-corpreal being.

And only later, did the stories change to make him into a man.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#172287 Jul 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Why is the first documented words about Jesus penned by a man who never even met him?
<quoted text>
Because the earliest Jesus-myths were about a being who was believed to be 100% celestial/spirit/angelic/heave nly.

**Never** of a man-god or even worse, of a human.

Only much-much later was the myth of "jesus-as-man" introduced into the stories.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#172288 Jul 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Richard is great as is Dr. Robert Price. They are two scholars who have factually laid out the case fact by fact point by point that there really is no proof for a historical Jesus.
I have yet to see one person scholar or otherwise take on their argument except using logical fallacies.
<quoted text>
Coming from a Genuine Christian™ background myself?

The **most** compelling argument Dr Carrier presents in his speech, was that the oldest non-fraud NT stuff, is from Paul.

I already knew that Paul always wrote of Jewsus as a spiritual being, never as a human/corpreal being.

Back in the day, I was told this was because Paul never met the human Jewsus, and silly me-- I accepted this excuse.

But it's odd, that the **oldest** writings are of a pure-celestial Jewsus never speak of the Jewsus-as-man.

Quite telling, really-- there never was a man, "jesus", in the historical sense.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#172289 Jul 16, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Exactly it was the OB1 style ghost of Jesus. Lol!
<quoted text>
Yep.

Paul was a pure Charlatan, exactly like Joseph Smith was, with his magical "celestial plates".

Or else, Paul had access to some pretty strong hallucinogens...

... remember, back in those days? Being high was considered a valid way to "communicate" with "supernatural beings"....!

LMAO!

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#172290 Jul 16, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>waiting for science atheist and other knuckle-draggers to disprove Jesus, if he don't exist prove it...
waiting + grinning
noted for no evidence for the existence of god and jesus

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#172291 Jul 16, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>thank GOD for science! or Mikko would never see his tiny package
it's you who is talking about you tiny thing all the time

Melbourne, Australia

#172292 Jul 16, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be fantastic! Got a link?
Sorry heard it on the "mainstream media" about two weeks ago. I believe the news came from USA. I'm not much of a researcher :(

Louisville, KY

#172294 Jul 16, 2013
Exactly and it has been supposed that the man Jesus was invented to attract more Gentiles who were very fond of the whole son of god who dies for us and then returns.

When you look at the population of the region this does make sense.
<quoted text>Because the earliest Jesus-myths were about a being who was believed to be 100% celestial/spirit/angelic/heave nly.

**Never** of a man-god or even worse, of a human.

Only much-much later was the myth of "jesus-as-man" introduced into the stories.

Louisville, KY

#172295 Jul 16, 2013
Yes Dr. Carrier and Dr. Price give fantastic examples of this. The miraculous son of god in that region was popularized by Alexander the Great who was believed to be the offspring of god. Even Julius Caesar was said to have divine origins and performed miracles as a child.

So making up this son of god walking around was very common in those days.
<quoted text>Coming from a Genuine Christian™ background myself?

The **most** compelling argument Dr Carrier presents in his speech, was that the oldest non-fraud NT stuff, is from Paul.

I already knew that Paul always wrote of Jewsus as a spiritual being, never as a human/corpreal being.

Back in the day, I was told this was because Paul never met the human Jewsus, and silly me-- I accepted this excuse.

But it's odd, that the **oldest** writings are of a pure-celestial Jewsus never speak of the Jewsus-as-man.

Quite telling, really-- there never was a man, "jesus", in the historical sense.

Louisville, KY

#172296 Jul 16, 2013
This is true and hallucinations were not understood at the time and just must have been from god! There's just no other answer because they didn't have Thorazine trees back then lmfao!

:))
<quoted text>Yep.

Paul was a pure Charlatan, exactly like Joseph Smith was, with his magical "celestial plates".

Or else, Paul had access to some pretty strong hallucinogens...

... remember, back in those days? Being high was considered a valid way to "communicate" with "supernatural beings"....!

LMAO!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 10 min Earth inhabited 2,663
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 42 min johnplustwomore 1,153,483
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 49 min Bruin For Life 28,370
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr Joe fortuna 201,156
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr Pearl Jam 306,955
Should child beauty pageants be banned? Tue Roy the Boy 685
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Dec 16 The Real Daniel S... 281
More from around the web