Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
165,241 - 165,260 of 224,520 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
I did read your previous, and lengthy story.
Obviously the arrogant store-owner's quality of goods wasn't enough to impress the out-of-towner.
I see the bible as being much the same: it cannot impress directly, it's too fatally flawed.
But.
If you deliberately mislead someone, and deliberately send them on a convoluted and confusing journey?
Then, as they are at their most confused-- you literally hit them over the head with a cherry-picked nugget from the bible?
Maybe... maybe **then** they will be confused enough to accept it?
Is **that** how your god works?
Nice Bob! Thats clearing up the story.
I can't wait to see the response.
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>YO Mikko the Dikko shut yo pie-ho
Did you learn your attitude from the one you call jesus?
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you misunderstood my point. The out-of-towner was the smug arrogant one, and was attempting to belittle the store owner insidiously. He was being sneaky and disrespectful, and not appreciating that the store owner was allowing him to be in his store in the first place. The smug out-of-towner didn't even connect the name of the store with his own behavior. "Humble Inn" A play on the word "humbling." When somebody is humbled, they realize they may have been too cocky. Too smug. Too condescending. So, the store owner gave him a second chance to appreciate what had already been in front of him. The out-of-towner took too long to realize his mistake. He arrived just as the store owner was locking up for the night. The out-of-towner shouldn't have been so cocky and arrogant.
That's the lesson. And it's a good one.
Sometimes your stories have a deeper meaning than what you see in them. In other words your story has been humbled, and you don't even realize it.
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>so darling you admit GOD exist??? it is finish
Disparate?
If, I think you read right passed that little word.

Since: Jul 13

Yekaterinburg, Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Yeah, no God here. We are just very smart animals, who can use high tehnologies, i m just waiting when pig or monkey can do same things, that human can do. Of corse no God or Ufo intervention. Atheism for the win!
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>no
Did you just admit to being a tard?:O)
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
Its off to work I go! Hey all my atheist peeps see my middle finger? I shall return!
Is that you IQ?:O)

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you view it that way?
Because I have been in retail business. I have also been-- and still am-- a customer.

I may not agree with the business owner's attitude, but there is no reason to treat a potential customer with contempt--as what happened in your story.

Your business owner was extremely arrogant.

Not uncommon.

But he was also quite full of pride-- isn't that a sin?

In his pride, instead of simply ignoring the rude out-of-towner, he treated him with evil intent.

Literally-- he deliberately and with malice set out to cause him as much harm as he could--without actually doing direct violence.

That is not good.

Not good at all.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Roman Apologist wrote:
I see it as not punishing the snooty customer, but as giving him a chance to re-evaluate his initial behavior.
He will **never** become a customer--ever.

After the horrific way he was **deliberately** treated?

He will tell everyone he knows, to avoid the horrible, vain and prideful store owner.

A good customer is a treasure, true.

But a bad customer will tell everyone he knows-- and they will tell everyone they know-- and it repeats endlessly.

If the prideful owner had treated the customer with kindness? In spite of his snotty attitude?

He **likely** would have had a sale, and that'd been that-- end of story.

But since the owner let his **pride** get the better of him-- and he **deliberately** treated the never-again-a customer like crap?

He not only lost **that** customer, he will have lost anyone else that former customer speaks to in the future.

Evil **always** begats more evil.

Always.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Roman Apologist wrote:
I'm curious as to how that view is any less arrogant than that of the store owner. The store owner could have kicked the snooty customer out. And then what would the customer learn?
The store owner is **not** in the position to teach **anything*.

That is **not** his job-- his job is to sell his stuff, to pay his bills, to feed his family.

More over?

He is in a position of authority over the potential customer-- he **literally** has the customer over a barrel-- the only store around.

What did he do? He **abused** that authority, by **deliberately** doing evil to the would-be customer instead.

Evil fosters more evil.

Always.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Roman Apologist wrote:
Your reply seems, on the surface, to endorse the actions of the snooty customer as somehow socially acceptable. Am I interpreting that correctly?
The customer is in the inferior position-- the weaker position.

He is in **need**. Thus? He is automatically at the mercy of the one in the **superior** position-- the owner of the goods to sell.

So his snotty attitude can be safely ignored as that of a bore or other socially inept person.

The store owner can ignore the crap, take his money and laugh all the way to the bank.

In fact? Since he had a monopoly, he could just as easily added a 20% "azzhole tax" to the price of his stuff, and the customer never being the wiser. The owner laughing behind his back all the way to the deposit-window.

But what does he do? He **abuses** his superior position by **deliberately** setting out to cause harm to the person who was simply rude.

Who wins here?

The customer will **never** shop there again-- nor will he take the proven-dangerous advice of an arrogant, full-of-pride store owner.

The owner did not make a sale, either.

Nobody wins.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you learn your attitude from the one you call jesus?
you can kiss some of this (_*_)
Joe Fortuna

Eureka, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you view it that way?
I see it as not punishing the snooty customer, but as giving him a chance to re-evaluate his initial behavior. Remember, the guest was the smug one and was being sneaky and under-handed about it. The shop owner merely gave the snooter an opportunity to realize it for himself.
When I reiterated that the out-of-towner had been smug and condescending you replied "So?" as if the out-of-towner had every right to treat the store owner this way without any penalty or sense of accountability. Your reply seems, on the surface, to endorse the actions of the snooty customer as somehow socially acceptable. Am I interpreting that correctly?
I'm curious as to how that view is any less arrogant than that of the store owner. The store owner could have kicked the snooty customer out. And then what would the customer learn? Would he learn humility or would he learn that he just isn't welcome in that store any longer? My thoughts upon first hearing that were that the store owner was still willing to allow the customer to come back, but instead of pointing out the customer's behavior, let him do a little work that shows him he's not as smart as he thought he was. There is no better teacher than self induced humiliation. The snooty man was not obligated to follow the owner's instructions.
The best lessons are the ones that cause us discomfort and embarrassment, because they cause us (if we're honestly observant) to realize that we're no better than the next guy, and they hold us accountable. If we're so smug and snooty that we don't recognize it for ourselves, what's the better choice? Are we to be banished by the owner with no hope of redemption; or do we learn a lasting lesson from a journey in which we come to realize it by experience and humility?
In the end, the store owner did our a snooty customer a favor, not a disservice. The disservice would have been to kick the customer out with no redemption, or to let him continue with his condescending behavior which would only encourage him to continue such behavior in the future.
What would you have done?
First off even if the customer was snooty, sense when does two wrongs make a right?
Secondly because he asked for a story with more choices with a attitute, the store own took offense and sent him on a wild goose chase. Not nice.
I would of either told where he could find one, or that I did know of one. I wouldn't of sent him off to learn a lesson for wanting more than what I had, even if he had a attitude.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you just admit to being a tard?:O)
no! I said you was a turd

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Roman Apologist wrote:
My thoughts upon first hearing that were that the store owner was still willing to allow the customer to come back, but instead of pointing out the customer's behavior, let him do a little work that shows him he's not as smart as he thought he was.
No-- the store owner **deliberately** set out to harm the rude out-of-towner.

More to the point? He **knew** his wild-goose chase would take too long, and let him close up shop-- also depriving the customer of anything he may have needed at that store.

A double- whammy of deliberate evil.

Lesson learned?

NEVER take the advice of a prideful store owner-- he **will** do his best to mess you up.

What did the store owner get for his pride?

Certainly **not** a sale that day... if the rude out-of-towner spreads his tale of woe?

He likely would lose even more customers-- I know **I** would never shop there again, after hearing what he did.

Giving rudeness back for rudeness is **never** moral, ethical or even a good idea.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that you IQ?:O)
don't be mad! cuz Im more intellectual than you... notice your screen (_*_) take a lick if ya want to

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Roman Apologist wrote:
In the end, the store owner did our a snooty customer a favor, not a disservice.
Indeed he did-- the customer will **never** ever shop at that store again in his life.

And he will tell everyone he knows to **never** shop there either.

And I agree: that is a favor beyond price.

The full-of-pride store owner does not deserve to be in business.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The story of Job is rife with free will.
Indeed. Just as long as you ignore everyone who dies in that horrid tale of terrorism and torture.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Joe Fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>
First off even if the customer was snooty, sense when does two wrongs make a right?
Secondly because he asked for a story with more choices with a attitute, the store own took offense and sent him on a wild goose chase. Not nice.
I would of either told where he could find one, or that I did know of one. I wouldn't of sent him off to learn a lesson for wanting more than what I had, even if he had a attitude.
cry-baby! whay a P**sy

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2013

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
leave topix atheism forum !
not till you get on them knees and beg Jesus to save your sorry soul...... ya hear me boy

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••