Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#172049 Jul 14, 2013
Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Spreading breadcrumbs down a dead-end trail isn't lying. It's teaching a lesson. It also applies to self-righteous religious elitists. Jesus did the same thing to the Pharisees in His day.
I did read your previous, and lengthy story.

Obviously the arrogant store-owner's quality of goods wasn't enough to impress the out-of-towner.

I see the bible as being much the same: it cannot impress directly, it's too fatally flawed.

But.

If you deliberately mislead someone, and deliberately send them on a convoluted and confusing journey?

Then, as they are at their most confused-- you literally hit them over the head with a cherry-picked nugget from the bible?

Maybe... maybe **then** they will be confused enough to accept it?

Is **that** how your god works?

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#172050 Jul 14, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>please don't come on this thread looking for man sex!!!!! go down to your public bathroom ... And place a sign around your neck that sez I will Mikko you real good boys...
Projecting your own homosexuality on me doesn't work

“There is no god!”

Södertälje, Sweden

#172051 Jul 14, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I did pray for you...
So you're doing absolutely nothing at all

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#172053 Jul 14, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're doing absolutely nothing at all
YO Mikko the Dikko shut yo pie-ho

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#172054 Jul 14, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Projecting your own homosexuality on me doesn't work
Shoo Fly

“There is no god!”

Södertälje, Sweden

#172056 Jul 14, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Shoo Fly
no i'm not interested in you find some one else!

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#172057 Jul 14, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>the one you just posted!!! LOL come on out! christian soldier...
That's right and it is virtually the only one you on the other hand tell everybody they are gay whenever they disagree with you which is pretty much all the time.

So once again you have been shown up for the ignorant lier that you are.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#172059 Jul 14, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
You're
You are.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#172060 Jul 14, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>You are.
Yes

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#172062 Jul 14, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You are.
you is!(wink)

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#172063 Jul 14, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right and it is virtually the only one you on the other hand tell everybody they are gay whenever they disagree with you which is pretty much all the time.
So once again you have been shown up for the ignorant lier that you are.
did you call me a lier??? LOL!~ sticks and stones
you can't insult the Clown, BOY!!!
once again Clownie OWNAGE
The grammar nazi will get you boy!! you're a liar you just can't spell it.... LMAO

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#172064 Jul 14, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
no i'm not interested in you find some one else!
I don't care how hard you try Mikko, Im not showing you my junk...

Location hidden

#172065 Jul 14, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>get into a good bible based church and find out
Those do not exist darlin...and aside from that, you not wanting to answer just shows there is no purpose for you on this forum. I have to wonder why you so desperately choose to seek attention here. That seems to be all you seek or you would engage in a conversation, or dare I say a debate.

Location hidden

#172066 Jul 14, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I was watching Creflo Dollar preaching on tv the other day.
What an appropriate, in-your-face name.
lol...fantastic! Very fitting...I agree.

Location hidden

#172067 Jul 14, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
Church was wonderful !!!!!!!!!! Its great being on the winning side.. I love it... You guys are missing a blessing !!!!!!! HALELLUJAH AMEN
Honey...it doesn't take a christian to know that if "god" did exist...he stopped listening to you a long time ago.

Location hidden

#172068 Jul 14, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Shoo Fly
Shoo you yellow bellied varmant...back to the christian forum with you...or do they not like you over there either??? lol

“a.k.a. GhostWriter2U”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#172069 Jul 14, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
Breadcrumbs? So your god is limited to simplistic and pretty much fraudulent methodologies to get his "message" across?
Fraudulent? Hardly. Jesus toyed with the Pharisees during His ministry because they thought they knew everything, and because of their self-righteous bigotry. The Pharisees were the "Fundies" of their day. To people struggling with doubts (atheists, skeptics, cynics) he was much more patient and understanding. Jesus only toyed with those who thought they were better than others. He toyed with Pontius Pilate even while being tried in a capital case.
Why not make the message plain and unambiguous? Why all the "mystery" which permits so very much fraud to exist within the whole?
Would it matter if the message were less ambiguous or plain? Would you accept the message then? That's a question only you can answer. But the answer to your question is this: God uses ambiguity not to deceive or toy with true seekers, but to separate those who truly want to understand, from those who don't want to understand or those who think they don't need to. There's nothing fraudulent about compelling people to really dig down deep for the truth. It ensures that only those who really want to draw closer will be able to do so. Those who want to mock or deny will get their wish. They will be excluded.
No... any god who suffers the likes of T-Town (the hate-filled) and Pat Robertson (the even more hate-filled) to exist, and to denigrate the whole idea of god?
By their constant displays of hate and intolerance?
Such a god is unworthy of the title.
Such a god can only be called evil.
Okay, what makes you think T-Town is "hate filled?" I don't think he hates. He may not agree with certain aspects of the secular world-view, but that doesn't mean he hates people. I don't agree with everything Pat Robertson says or does, but I can't assume that he hates people. If you want to discuss the subject of intolerance, that's a good thing. But let me ask a question. What exactly is your idea of intolerance?

“a.k.a. GhostWriter2U”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#172070 Jul 14, 2013
<quoted text>
I did read your previous, and lengthy story.
Obviously the arrogant store-owner's quality of goods wasn't enough to impress the out-of-towner.
I see the bible as being much the same: it cannot impress directly, it's too fatally flawed.
But.
If you deliberately mislead someone, and deliberately send them on a convoluted and confusing journey?
Then, as they are at their most confused-- you literally hit them over the head with a cherry-picked nugget from the bible?
Maybe... maybe **then** they will be confused enough to accept it?
Is **that** how your god works?
I think you misunderstood my point. The out-of-towner was the smug arrogant one, and was attempting to belittle the store owner insidiously. He was being sneaky and disrespectful, and not appreciating that the store owner was allowing him to be in his store in the first place. The smug out-of-towner didn't even connect the name of the store with his own behavior. "Humble Inn" A play on the word "humbling." When somebody is humbled, they realize they may have been too cocky. Too smug. Too condescending. So, the store owner gave him a second chance to appreciate what had already been in front of him. The out-of-towner took too long to realize his mistake. He arrived just as the store owner was locking up for the night. The out-of-towner shouldn't have been so cocky and arrogant.

That's the lesson. And it's a good one.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#172071 Jul 14, 2013
And what church do you attend again? It seems you are deeply ashamed of it.
T-Town Clown wrote:
Church was wonderful !!!!!!!!!! Its great being on the winning side.. I love it... You guys are missing a blessing !!!!!!! HALELLUJAH AMEN

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#172072 Jul 14, 2013
Shall I copy n paste some of his quotes for you to defend? I will if you actually respond and not cower away as you are so prone to do.

The NT is a myth that follows in the footsteps of dozens of other savior son of god stories from the region.
Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>Fraudulent? Hardly. Jesus toyed with the Pharisees Okay, what makes you think T-Town is "hate filled?" I don't think he hates.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 min Brew In 28,493
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 57 min Yeah 1,156,210
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr feces for jesus 307,110
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... 3 hr yinefsfgd 3
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 20 hr Earthling-1 2,741
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 22 hr zubedaanur 693
UConn vs. Duke Monday night 9pm ESPN2 Dec 25 ivyawe 1
More from around the web