Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#172029 Jul 14, 2013
What specific Christian denomination do you belong to?
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>get into a good bible based church and find out

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#172030 Jul 14, 2013
Provide the statement I made that is a lie and prove it with facts. Ready.. Set... Go.
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you lie all the time... you're a liar

“a.k.a. GhostWriter2U”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#172031 Jul 14, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
Those who are looking for contradictions may therefore say,“See—the Bible is full of mistakes!” and choose to reject it entirely as being untrustworthy. However, those who trust God have no problem believing
The godly base their confidence on two truths: 1)“all Scripture is given by inspiration of God”(2 Timothy 3:16); and 2) an elementary rule of Scripture is that God has deliberately included seeming contradictions in His Word to “snare” the proud. He has “hidden” things from the “wise and prudent” and “revealed them to babes”(Luke 10:21), purposely choosing foolish things to confound the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27).
One of your better arguments Clown. Basically said, God allows mockers to continue in their foolishness, and even helps them along in their intellectual misadventures. Reminds me of a joke I heard once.

"An sophisticated long-haired city slicker decided to take his new BMW for a ride in the country one day. He pulled into a country store to ask for directions. He regarded the old merchant with a hint of smug contempt and asked for directions to a store that had a wider selection of goods. The man behind the counter was happy to oblige.

He said, "Why sure. Leave here and drive 14 miles to the next river crossing. Turn right and cross the bridge. Follow the road up over the mountain and you'll come to a fork in the road. Take the right fork, and you'll drive another 22 miles through some farm land. At the next four corners, you'll see a sign pointing you to the Humble Inn and Country Store. They will have everything you could hope for."

The young city slicker smiled smugly and departed. He drove the 14 miles to the river crossing. He drove up over the mountain and came to the fork. He followed the right fork and drove another 22 miles through rolling farm lands. He came to the four corners and followed the sign to the Humble Inn and Country Store. As he pulled up in front of the store and noticed the man who had given him directions locking up for the day.

He got out of his car quickly and said "Hey, why did you send me on a wild goose chase for?" The older merchant looked at the younger man and said, "You didn't think what I had was good enough the first time you were here, and so I thought maybe you needed a second chance to change your opinion of what we have here at the good ol' Humble Inn."

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#172032 Jul 14, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>Oh no...let's not go there! lol :-) There are so many televangelists still out there stealing people's money. It's insane! Faith healers are the worst kind in my opinion.
I was watching Creflo Dollar preaching on tv the other day.

What an appropriate, in-your-face name.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#172033 Jul 14, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>why do you keep talking about Jesus & the bible? come on out of the closet christian... and shout hallelujah !!!!!!!! we all know you want to.amen
Show me a post where I have used the word "Jesus".
Imhotep

Orlando, FL

#172034 Jul 14, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
I have one that's why I point out to you sheep that your science lies to you.
You're ignorant and very ill-informed comments indicate one graphic item!

Since you so vehemently deny science... can we assume that you pray all of your illnesses away, trusting only your God for healing?

You are a hypocrite of the highest order!

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#172035 Jul 14, 2013
Osama bin-Saban wrote:
<quoted text>Mikko, Mikko, Mikko… you should be thanking Osama for saving your pathetic life this morning! Yep ... Osama, while driving his Land Rover, ran over a shi+ eatin' dog!
<:)
you seem to be horny on me

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#172036 Jul 14, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
I got to get ready for church! Its gonna be great! to be in the house of the lord!
I love my lord Jesus Christ as my savior...
Well isn't THAT special...

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#172037 Jul 14, 2013
Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>
One of your better arguments Clown. Basically said, God allows mockers to continue in their foolishness, and even helps them along in their intellectual misadventures. Reminds me of a joke I heard once.
"An sophisticated long-haired city slicker decided to take his new BMW for a ride in the country one day. He pulled into a country store to ask for directions. He regarded the old merchant with a hint of smug contempt and asked for directions to a store that had a wider selection of goods. The man behind the counter was happy to oblige.
He said, "Why sure. Leave here and drive 14 miles to the next river crossing. Turn right and cross the bridge. Follow the road up over the mountain and you'll come to a fork in the road. Take the right fork, and you'll drive another 22 miles through some farm land. At the next four corners, you'll see a sign pointing you to the Humble Inn and Country Store. They will have everything you could hope for."
The young city slicker smiled smugly and departed. He drove the 14 miles to the river crossing. He drove up over the mountain and came to the fork. He followed the right fork and drove another 22 miles through rolling farm lands. He came to the four corners and followed the sign to the Humble Inn and Country Store. As he pulled up in front of the store and noticed the man who had given him directions locking up for the day.
He got out of his car quickly and said "Hey, why did you send me on a wild goose chase for?" The older merchant looked at the younger man and said, "You didn't think what I had was good enough the first time you were here, and so I thought maybe you needed a second chance to change your opinion of what we have here at the good ol' Humble Inn."
So, your god is an intentional liar.

OK.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#172038 Jul 14, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think your educated on the universe?
You're

“a.k.a. GhostWriter2U”

Location hidden

#172039 Jul 14, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I was watching Creflo Dollar preaching on tv the other day.
What an appropriate, in-your-face name.
I'm with you there. I don't approve of the televangelists on mainstream TV today. They're all just a rehash of Jimmy Swaggart, James and Tammy Baker, and the rest who misrepresented Christianity.

Today's generation are Joyce Meyer, Joel Olsteen, and Creflo Dollar.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#172040 Jul 14, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me a post where I have used the word "Jesus".
the one you just posted!!! LOL come on out! christian soldier...

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#172041 Jul 14, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Well isn't THAT special...
it's absolutely special! GIVE IT A TRY !!!!!!!!!! YOU WILL NEVER REGRET IT!!!!!!!!!!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#172042 Jul 14, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
you seem to be horny on me
please don't come on this thread looking for man sex!!!!! go down to your public bathroom ... And place a sign around your neck that sez I will Mikko you real good boys...

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#172043 Jul 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget to ask him for a brain this time.
You never know miracles have happened before?
I did pray for you...

“a.k.a. GhostWriter2U”

Location hidden

#172044 Jul 14, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So, your god is an intentional liar.
OK.
No. Spreading breadcrumbs down a dead-end trail isn't lying. It's teaching a lesson. It also applies to self-righteous religious elitists. Jesus did the same thing to the Pharisees in His day.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#172045 Jul 14, 2013
Church was wonderful !!!!!!!!!! Its great being on the winning side.. I love it... You guys are missing a blessing !!!!!!! HALELLUJAH AMEN

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#172046 Jul 14, 2013
Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Spreading breadcrumbs down a dead-end trail isn't lying. It's teaching a lesson. It also applies to self-righteous religious elitists. Jesus did the same thing to the Pharisees in His day.
Now thats hitin it outta here... very good post !!!!!!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#172047 Jul 14, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Nobody here is judging me a self admitted gay man. Enjoy yourself in church Bro.Clownie
<quoted text>
Thanks bro. enjoy yourself with them man tits you love to nibble...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#172048 Jul 14, 2013
Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>
Breadcrumbs? So your god is limited to simplistic and pretty much fraudulent methodologies to get his "message" across?

Why not make the message plain and unambiguous?

Why all the "mystery" which permits so very much fraud to exist within the whole?

No... any god who suffers the likes of T-Town (the hate-filled) and Pat Robertson (the even more hate-filled) to exist, and to denigrate the whole idea of god?

By their constant displays of hate and intolerance?

Such a god is unworthy of the title.

Such a god can only be called evil.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min fetch almighty 1,153,037
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Bruin For Life 28,358
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Country Girl 306,951
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 4 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 2,655
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 5 hr JAX 201,148
Should child beauty pageants be banned? Tue Roy the Boy 685
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Tue The Real Daniel S... 281
More from around the web