Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
165,141 - 165,160 of 226,330 Comments Last updated 11 min ago

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#172020 Jul 14, 2013
Not that it matters as Jesus had to take away her vadge so she could go into heaven.
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>I guess that would technically make it a virgin rebirth.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#172021 Jul 14, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are going to make statements like that then you should be ready for me to ask this question...."What might that be?"
get into a good bible based church and find out

Louisville, KY

#172022 Jul 14, 2013
All if these are your biblical fan fiction and nothing more. You are completely unable to provide a shred of proof for any of those apologetic answers and you ignored many of them.
Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>I could say the same about you. In fact, I'm about to do exactly that.

Richardfs wrote, "So let us talk about the 2000+ year old uncorrected errors in the bibull:-"

Yes! By all means! I look forward to this.

Richardfs wrote, "1. Who incited David to count the fighting men of Israel?
God did (2 Samuel 24: 1)
Satan did (I Chronicles 2 1:1)"

Writers of the bible (especially in the OT) didn't always write about secondary events. Therefore, God didn't tempt or incite David. God allowed Satan to tempt David.

Richardfs wrote, "2. In that count how many fighting men were found in Israel?
Eight hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
One million, one hundred thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)"

1 Chronicles is speaking of the male population that can be called on to fight, while 2 Samuel is speaking of the professional army that is trained and ready to fight.

Richardfs wrote, "3. How many fighting men were found in Judah?
Five hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9)
Four hundred and seventy thousand (I Chronicles 21:5)"

The same principle applies to this apparent contradiction as well.

Richardfs wrote, "4. God sent his prophet to threaten David with how many years of famine?
Seven (2 Samuel 24:13)
Three (I Chronicles 21:12)"

There had already been 4 years of famine. God was asking David if he wanted 3 more years of famine or if he wanted to be on the run from his enemies for 3 months, or if he wanted 3 days of pestilence. God was giving David a choice.

Richardfs wrote, "5. How old was Ahaziah when he began to rule over Jerusalem?
Twenty-two (2 Kings 8:26)
Forty-two (2 Chronicles 22:2)"

Ahaziah was the son of Joram. Joram was sick and it's plausible even probable that Ahaziah ruled jointly with his father, and then in the 12th year started to rule by himself.

This is fun! Shall I keep going?:)

Advice before listing apparent contradictions:

Verses in one book of the bible cannot be compared with verses in another book for the purpose of finding contradictions. That is known as "proof-texting" and isn't intelligent nor honest.

Each verse should be considered within the larger passages in which they are found, and with knowledge of Hebrew customs, history, traditions, and the genre of each book. This will keep you from making foolish arguments.

I know I didn't answer them all, but if you seriously want answers (as opposed to mockery and derision) then I'll be glad to help.

P.S. At the end of the day, science can't prove science.:D

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#172024 Jul 14, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
What lie did he catch he in? Show the lie and his proof that it is a lie.
Any year now.
<quoted text>
you lie all the time... you're a liar

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#172025 Jul 14, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you keep talking about homosexuals?
Come out of the closet already, we all know you want to.
why do you keep talking about Jesus & the bible? come on out of the closet christian... and shout hallelujah !!!!!!!! we all know you want to.amen

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#172026 Jul 14, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
All if these are your biblical fan fiction and nothing more. You are completely unable to provide a shred of proof for any of those apologetic answers and you ignored many of them.
<quoted text>
All you have is the opinions of atheist/liars you lose because you have no evidence...

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#172027 Jul 14, 2013
I got to get ready for church! Its gonna be great! to be in the house of the lord!

I love my lord Jesus Christ as my savior...

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#172028 Jul 14, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
I got to get ready for church! Its gonna be great! to be in the house of the lord!

Don't forget to ask him for a brain this time.
You never know miracles have happened before?

Louisville, KY

#172029 Jul 14, 2013
What specific Christian denomination do you belong to?
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>get into a good bible based church and find out

Louisville, KY

#172030 Jul 14, 2013
Provide the statement I made that is a lie and prove it with facts. Ready.. Set... Go.
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you lie all the time... you're a liar

“a.k.a. GhostWriter2U”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#172031 Jul 14, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
Those who are looking for contradictions may therefore say,“See—the Bible is full of mistakes!” and choose to reject it entirely as being untrustworthy. However, those who trust God have no problem believing
The godly base their confidence on two truths: 1)“all Scripture is given by inspiration of God”(2 Timothy 3:16); and 2) an elementary rule of Scripture is that God has deliberately included seeming contradictions in His Word to “snare” the proud. He has “hidden” things from the “wise and prudent” and “revealed them to babes”(Luke 10:21), purposely choosing foolish things to confound the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27).
One of your better arguments Clown. Basically said, God allows mockers to continue in their foolishness, and even helps them along in their intellectual misadventures. Reminds me of a joke I heard once.

"An sophisticated long-haired city slicker decided to take his new BMW for a ride in the country one day. He pulled into a country store to ask for directions. He regarded the old merchant with a hint of smug contempt and asked for directions to a store that had a wider selection of goods. The man behind the counter was happy to oblige.

He said, "Why sure. Leave here and drive 14 miles to the next river crossing. Turn right and cross the bridge. Follow the road up over the mountain and you'll come to a fork in the road. Take the right fork, and you'll drive another 22 miles through some farm land. At the next four corners, you'll see a sign pointing you to the Humble Inn and Country Store. They will have everything you could hope for."

The young city slicker smiled smugly and departed. He drove the 14 miles to the river crossing. He drove up over the mountain and came to the fork. He followed the right fork and drove another 22 miles through rolling farm lands. He came to the four corners and followed the sign to the Humble Inn and Country Store. As he pulled up in front of the store and noticed the man who had given him directions locking up for the day.

He got out of his car quickly and said "Hey, why did you send me on a wild goose chase for?" The older merchant looked at the younger man and said, "You didn't think what I had was good enough the first time you were here, and so I thought maybe you needed a second chance to change your opinion of what we have here at the good ol' Humble Inn."

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#172032 Jul 14, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>Oh no...let's not go there! lol :-) There are so many televangelists still out there stealing people's money. It's insane! Faith healers are the worst kind in my opinion.
I was watching Creflo Dollar preaching on tv the other day.

What an appropriate, in-your-face name.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#172033 Jul 14, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>why do you keep talking about Jesus & the bible? come on out of the closet christian... and shout hallelujah !!!!!!!! we all know you want to.amen
Show me a post where I have used the word "Jesus".
Imhotep

Orlando, FL

#172034 Jul 14, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
I have one that's why I point out to you sheep that your science lies to you.
You're ignorant and very ill-informed comments indicate one graphic item!

Since you so vehemently deny science... can we assume that you pray all of your illnesses away, trusting only your God for healing?

You are a hypocrite of the highest order!

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#172035 Jul 14, 2013
Osama bin-Saban wrote:
<quoted text>Mikko, Mikko, Mikko… you should be thanking Osama for saving your pathetic life this morning! Yep ... Osama, while driving his Land Rover, ran over a shi+ eatin' dog!
<:)
you seem to be horny on me

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#172036 Jul 14, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
Well isn't THAT special...

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#172037 Jul 14, 2013
Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>
One of your better arguments Clown. Basically said, God allows mockers to continue in their foolishness, and even helps them along in their intellectual misadventures. Reminds me of a joke I heard once.
"An sophisticated long-haired city slicker decided to take his new BMW for a ride in the country one day. He pulled into a country store to ask for directions. He regarded the old merchant with a hint of smug contempt and asked for directions to a store that had a wider selection of goods. The man behind the counter was happy to oblige.
He said, "Why sure. Leave here and drive 14 miles to the next river crossing. Turn right and cross the bridge. Follow the road up over the mountain and you'll come to a fork in the road. Take the right fork, and you'll drive another 22 miles through some farm land. At the next four corners, you'll see a sign pointing you to the Humble Inn and Country Store. They will have everything you could hope for."
The young city slicker smiled smugly and departed. He drove the 14 miles to the river crossing. He drove up over the mountain and came to the fork. He followed the right fork and drove another 22 miles through rolling farm lands. He came to the four corners and followed the sign to the Humble Inn and Country Store. As he pulled up in front of the store and noticed the man who had given him directions locking up for the day.
He got out of his car quickly and said "Hey, why did you send me on a wild goose chase for?" The older merchant looked at the younger man and said, "You didn't think what I had was good enough the first time you were here, and so I thought maybe you needed a second chance to change your opinion of what we have here at the good ol' Humble Inn."
So, your god is an intentional liar.

OK.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#172038 Jul 14, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think your educated on the universe?
You're

“a.k.a. GhostWriter2U”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#172039 Jul 14, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I was watching Creflo Dollar preaching on tv the other day.
What an appropriate, in-your-face name.
I'm with you there. I don't approve of the televangelists on mainstream TV today. They're all just a rehash of Jimmy Swaggart, James and Tammy Baker, and the rest who misrepresented Christianity.

Today's generation are Joyce Meyer, Joel Olsteen, and Creflo Dollar.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#172040 Jul 14, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me a post where I have used the word "Jesus".
the one you just posted!!! LOL come on out! christian soldier...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min forks_make_us_fat 1,100,082
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 min PEE PEE PETE 27,074
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr Pearl Jam 305,446
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 26 RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••