Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#171961 Jul 13, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
I have one that's why I point out to you sheep that your science lies to you.
A degree in theology does not count.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#171962 Jul 13, 2013
Osama bin-Saban wrote:
<quoted text>> Who says that there are errors in The Bible, other than you deaf, dumb, and blind atheists who want to believe that there are errors in the Bible? The Written Word of God is perfect, error free! The Books of the Bible contain many curious mysteries and quotes. They are in the Bible for a reason ... and, when we believers are filled with the Holy Spirit, and God sees our faithfulness, He will open our blind eyes, and, behold, in heavenly awe ... we will see right before our eyes, all of the answers of not only the mysteries of the Bible, and Heaven and Earth, but, also, the entire universe! Praise be to God!
<:)
Can you read:-

50. Did Jesus die before the curtain of the temple was torn?

Yes (Matthew 27:50-51; Mark lS:37-38)
No. After the curtain was torn, then Jesus crying with a loud voice, said, Father, into thy hands I commit my spirit! And having said this he breathed his last (Luke 23:45-46)

51. Did Jesus say anything secretly?

No. I have said nothing secretly (John 18:20)
Yes. He did not speak to them without a parable, but privately to his own disciples he explained everything (Mark 4:34). The disciples asked him Why do you speak to them in parables? He said, To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given (Matthew 13: 1 0-11)

52. Where was Jesus at the sixth hour on the day of the crucifixion?

On the cross (Mark 15:23)
In Pilates court (John 19:14)

53. The gospels say that two thieves were crucified along with Jesus. Did both thieves mock Jesus?

Yes (Mark 15:32)
No. One of them mocked Jesus, the other defended Jesus (Luke 23:43)

54. Did Jesus ascend to Paradise the same day of the crucifixion?

Yes. He said to the thief who defended him, Today you will be with me in Paradise (Luke 23:43)
No. He said to Mary Magdelene two days later, I have not yet ascended to the Father (John 20:17)

55. When Paul was on the road to Damascus he saw a light and heard a voice. Did those who were with him hear the voice?

Yes (Acts9:7)
No (Acts22:9)

56. When Paul saw the light he fell to the ground. Did his traveling companions also fall to the ground?

Yes (Acts 26:14)
No (Acts 9:7)

57. Did the voice spell out on the spot what Pauls duties were to be?

Yes (Acts 26:16-18)
No. The voice commanded Paul to go into the city of Damascus and there he will be told what he must do.(Acts9:7;22: 10)

58. When the Israelites dwelt in Shittin they committed adultery with the daughters of Moab. God struck them with a plague. How many people died in that plague?

Twenty-four thousand (Numbers 25:1 and 9)
Twenty-three thousand (I Corinthians 10:8)

59. How many members of the house of Jacob came to Egypt?

Seventy souls (Genesis 4 & 27)
Seventy-five souls (Acts 7:14)

60. What did Judas do with the blood money he received for betraying Jesus?

He bought a field (Acts 1: 18)
He threw all of it into the temple and went away. The priests could not put the blood money into the temple treasury, so they used it to buy a field to bury strangers (Matthew 27:5)

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#171963 Jul 13, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I did not say that! I read the holy bible! you can't even spell bible (bibull) you have a poor education...
8-9-10 I win!
You did in fact when you asked what version of the bibull I read.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#171964 Jul 13, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I stated never read the bible. There are many contradictions and many words of hate, but they never read that they only read what they want. The bible is full of bullsh!t lies and myths.

The reason I am an atheist is because of reading the bible from front to back many times and putting it all into context. For then I could see the truth of what the book is. Some people cannot, will not, and refuse to see the truth.

All they can do is spew hate and verbal insults in defense of their belief system. I have very little respect for people like that, thank goodness that the religious I work with, and know are intelligent enough to think for themselves and can hold an intelligent conversation on the subject of religion or the lack thereof.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#171965 Jul 13, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's not forget the televangelists. I've seen them admit that they haven't yet paid for the air time that they are using to beg for the money to pay for the on air time.
Then there are the faith healers....oh let's not even go there;0)
Oh no...let's not go there! lol :-) There are so many televangelists still out there stealing people's money. It's insane! Faith healers are the worst kind in my opinion.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#171966 Jul 13, 2013
Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I stated never read the bible. There are many contradictions and many words of hate, but they never read that they only read what they want. The bible is full of bullsh!t lies and myths.
The reason I am an atheist is because of reading the bible from front to back many times and putting it all into context. For then I could see the truth of what the book is. Some people cannot, will not, and refuse to see the truth.
All they can do is spew hate and verbal insults in defense of their belief system. I have very little respect for people like that, thank goodness that the religious I work with, and know are intelligent enough to think for themselves and can hold an intelligent conversation on the subject of religion or the lack thereof.
please don't bring the gay thing in this

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#171967 Jul 13, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no...let's not go there! lol :-) There are so many televangelists still out there stealing people's money. It's insane! Faith healers are the worst kind in my opinion.
mine too

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#171968 Jul 13, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
very poor education you have

Location hidden

#171969 Jul 13, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>which bible did you get your info??? the bible sez you don't understand God's word
1 Corinthians 2:14
New International Version (NIV)
14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.
I actually googled every one of these verses, and every on of them were typed correctly and come straight from the bible. You can check every verse under NIV, King James and any other version of the bible on BibleGateway.com . There are so so many contradictions and mistakes in the bible it's crazy!!! This is not something that you can deny, you can only ignore it....and if you ignore it, it just shows how blindly you follow your religion.

Location hidden

#171970 Jul 13, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>mine too
ugh yes...they take so much money from innocent and hurting people. I can't understand it. I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

Location hidden

#171971 Jul 13, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>A degree in theology does not count.

Do you think your educated on the universe?

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#171972 Jul 13, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>please don't bring the gay thing in this
What in the fu$king holy sh!t are you talking about you damn ignorant excuse for a human.

You are one of the most evil reprobates on the net. How do you live with yourself? I am sorry that you are gay but just except it and be happy with your life.

You cannot defend your belief system with direct facts, evidence or the bible.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#171973 Jul 13, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually googled every one of these verses, and every on of them were typed correctly and come straight from the bible. You can check every verse under NIV, King James and any other version of the bible on BibleGateway.com . There are so so many contradictions and mistakes in the bible it's crazy!!! This is not something that you can deny, you can only ignore it....and if you ignore it, it just shows how blindly you follow your religion.
google 1 cor 2-14 it will tell you you don't understand God's word like billions of christians agree with me... please don't quote something you don't understand or believe!!

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#171974 Jul 13, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>please don't bring the gay thing in this
Why do you keep talking about homosexuals?

Come out of the closet already, we all know you want to.

“1000 Sting of Scorpion to you”

Since: Feb 07

Jurassic, Indiana

#171975 Jul 13, 2013
Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
Holysh!y man donít use facts or truth with T-Clown it will only make the ignorant ass more confused.
Wrong! Clown is not an ignorant ass! An ignorant ass is an unrighteous man that opens The Bible and sees nothing but old stories, riddles, and unbelievable mysteries. Even when a righteous man first opens The Bible he pretty much sees the same thing an unholy man sees. The difference is ... God knows who is unrighteous, and who is righteous. The unrighteous man will open The Bible and be bored within a few minutes because of his non-belief in God. The Bible is completely Greek to him. He cannot make heads or tails out of it. Wild, unbelievable stories to the unrighteous! The righteous man is hungry for the Word of God, opens The Bible and will be blessed with the Holy Spirit who knows he is a believer, and has faith in God. All of God's words are decoded so to speak, and the meaning within spills into the consciousness of the righteous man.

Osama has put this into layman's terms, so maybe you non-believers can see how The Bible is understood. Bottom line... you have to believe in God, believe in God's Word, and have Faith in God! Do that, and open the Bible, hungry for God's Word, and The Holy Spirit will guide you word by word through the Bible. Osama prays that a few of you will come to this understanding!
>:)

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#171976 Jul 13, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>very poor education you have
Your ignorance is staggering.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#171977 Jul 13, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe at four years old he crawled back up Mary's snatch to come out again at the proper date?
I guess that would technically make it a virgin rebirth.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#171978 Jul 13, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Mistakes taken as truths at the time can kill people. Of course you can just chalk them up as statistics, unless you are one of them.

Those mistakes, particularly in physics, also branch off and get manifested in other disciplines of science. A ripple effect that can take considerably longer than 20 or 50 years to correct.

There is much to be said for getting it right the first time, and not professing those ultimately mistakes as "truths" in the search for knowledge, which is almost always the case. Your approach there is just science apologetics. Your belief system justifies those mistakes and lives lost and other harmful things to mankind in your "search for knowledge". The means justifies the end. You are totally ignoring the personal aspects of the living experience and the rights of individuals to experience them. Your god is this nebulous desire to conquer the universe which your own science says will be impossible.

You speak of 20 and 50 year periods to prove something by lasting. Religions and theistic, deistic, and beliefs in the supernatural have lasted for thousands of years. They have been put to the test repeatedly and severely. Why are you now saying they are all wrong out of hand?

You are caught in a cult.
Religion fails every test.

It's hard to believe anybody can be as obstinately ignorant as you.

Hard, but not impossible.

Location hidden

#171979 Jul 13, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>google 1 cor 2-14 it will tell you you don't understand God's word like billions of christians agree with me... please don't quote something you don't understand or believe!!
Please don't assume that I haven't been right there in your holy shoes. I was a "christian" for many many years, and there are many parts of the bible that have never made sense to me. Not even after praying and asking him to give me wisdom and understanding did it make sense.

Location hidden

#171980 Jul 13, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>google 1 cor 2-14 it will tell you you don't understand God's word like billions of christians agree with me... please don't quote something you don't understand or believe!!
Not to mention that these are not things that take some sort of special explanation...they are black and white contradictions. There are no twisting of the words...no insults to the book...simply black and white differences. Please understand that just those few verses, and those simple differences are just a few of many. When you ignore these it simply shows that you are ignoring something significant just for the sake of saving face. That is one of the reasons I said that I could no longer call myself a christian. I can't put faith in the bible as the "word of God" when there are so many contradictions in information. Some of them have nothing to do with anything really...such as who is Jacob's father. One verse says Heli..the other says Jacob. In plain black and white. How can you read that and deny the mistake.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min forks_make_us_fat 1,115,441
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 22 min Bruin For Life 27,591
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 27 min tarmo 1,128
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 7 hr Michele 345
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 hr Brian_G 305,850
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Tue Carol 280
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mon El SupremoS 201,038

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE