Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#171947 Jul 13, 2013
Osama bin-Saban wrote:
<quoted text>Didn't the Tsar expose you as a liar? Sure he did! So, no one will believe any of your bullshi+ posts now! Well, except for your miniscule group of atheists in The Three Blind Mice Club. Liars leading liars, the blind leading the blind, fools leading fools, the Pied Piper of the Troop of Wilderness Wanderers ... leading those pathetic souls down the broad highway to the Fire & Brimstone oven. Osama has never witnessed a soul burning ... but, it's got to hurt like hell, don't ya think!
>:/
Yet you have nothing to say about errors in the bibull.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#171948 Jul 13, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are some more worthless quotes from the bibull:-
20. How many were the children of Hashum?
Two hundred and twenty-three (Ezra 2:19)
Three hundred and twenty-eight (Nehemiah 7:22)
21. How many were the children of Bethel and Ai?
Two hundred and twenty-three (Ezra 2:28)
One hundred and twenty-three (Nehemiah 7:32)
22. Ezra 2:64 and Nehemiah 7:66 agree that the total number of the whole assembly was 42,360. Yet the numbers do not add up to anything close. The totals obtained from each book is as follows:
29,818 (Ezra)
31,089 (Nehemiah)
23. How many singers accompanied the assembly?
Two hundred (Ezra 2:65)
Two hundred and forty-five (Nehemiah 7:67)
24. What was the name of King Abijahs mother?
Michaiah, daughter of Uriel of Gibeah (2 Chronicles 13:2)
Maachah, daughter of Absalom (2 Chronicles 11:20) But Absalom had only one daughter whose name was Tamar (2 Samuel 14:27)
25. Did Joshua and the Israelites capture Jerusalem?
Yes (Joshua 10:23, 40)
No (Joshua 15:63)
26. Who was the father of Joseph, husband of Mary?
Jacob (Matthew 1:16)
Hell (Luke 3:23)
27. Jesus descended from which son of David?
Solomon (Matthew 1:6)
Nathan(Luke3:31)
28. Who was the father of Shealtiel?
Jechoniah (Matthew 1:12)
Neri (Luke 3:27)
29. Which son of Zerubbabel was an ancestor of Jesus Christ?
Abiud (Matthew 1: 13)
Rhesa (Luke 3:27) But the seven sons of Zerubbabel are as follows: i.Meshullam, ii. Hananiah, iii. Hashubah, iv. Ohel, v.Berechiah, vi. Hasadiah, viii. Jushabhesed (I Chronicles 3:19, 20). The names Abiud and Rhesa do not fit in anyway.
30. Who was the father of Uzziah?
Joram (Matthew 1:8)
Amaziah (2 Chronicles 26:1)
which bible did you get your info??? the bible sez you don't understand God's word
1 Corinthians 2:14

New International Version (NIV)

14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#171949 Jul 13, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
And people once said the world was flat, your point is?
my people never said that! why do you lie in your posts? you're a liar

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#171950 Jul 13, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
there are none! you just don't understand it! FACT

1 cor 2-14

“1000 Sting of Scorpion to you”

Since: Feb 07

Jurassic, Indiana

#171951 Jul 13, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Here are some more worthless quotes from the bibull:-
20. How many were the children of Hashum?
Two hundred and twenty-three (Ezra 2:19)
Three hundred and twenty-eight (Nehemiah 7:22)
21. How many were the children of Bethel and Ai?
Two hundred and twenty-three (Ezra 2:28)
One hundred and twenty-three (Nehemiah 7:32)
22. Ezra 2:64 and Nehemiah 7:66 agree that the total number of the whole assembly was 42,360. Yet the numbers do not add up to anything close. The totals obtained from each book is as follows:
29,818 (Ezra)
31,089 (Nehemiah)
23. How many singers accompanied the assembly?
Two hundred (Ezra 2:65)
Two hundred and forty-five (Nehemiah 7:67)
24. What was the name of King Abijahs mother?
Michaiah, daughter of Uriel of Gibeah (2 Chronicles 13:2)
Maachah, daughter of Absalom (2 Chronicles 11:20) But Absalom had only one daughter whose name was Tamar (2 Samuel 14:27)
25. Did Joshua and the Israelites capture Jerusalem?
Yes (Joshua 10:23, 40)
No (Joshua 15:63)
26. Who was the father of Joseph, husband of Mary?
Jacob (Matthew 1:16)
Hell (Luke 3:23)
27. Jesus descended from which son of David?
Solomon (Matthew 1:6)
Nathan(Luke3:31)
28. Who was the father of Shealtiel?
Jechoniah (Matthew 1:12)
Neri (Luke 3:27)
29. Which son of Zerubbabel was an ancestor of Jesus Christ?
Abiud (Matthew 1: 13)
Rhesa (Luke 3:27) But the seven sons of Zerubbabel are as follows: i.Meshullam, ii. Hananiah, iii. Hashubah, iv. Ohel, v.Berechiah, vi. Hasadiah, viii. Jushabhesed (I Chronicles 3:19, 20). The names Abiud and Rhesa do not fit in anyway.
30. Who was the father of Uzziah?
Joram (Matthew 1:8)
Amaziah (2 Chronicles 26:1)
Says the blind man of no faith, but foolishly grabs the shirt tails of the Theoretical Physicists and other scientists that lead him into the Super Massive Black Hole of Dumb @ss. "Don't worry Richard", says the physicist ... "It will be like sliding down a waterslide into a cool pool of water". We will come out unharmed and shining like a star on the other side in our perfect, godless parallel universe. "How do I know this", the theoretical physicist asks? "I've theorized that if you drop a dirty chunk of carbon into a black hole ... it will come out the other side as a beautiful, un-tarnished, bright shiny diamond", he says. "You have to have faith... uh, I mean belief in the scientific community that all of our hypothesis' and theories are factual and will enhance your chances of becoming immoral... uh, I mean immortal!" <Osama rolls eyes!!!>

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#171952 Jul 13, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
BS!
If science correct it self then String theory would not be called a theory because it has failed every single test put to it. GR and QM should not be called theory's sense they fail in each others realm. A theory must work everywhere and there is not TWO everywheres.
Wikipedia:
If anyone finds a case where all or part of a scientific theory is false, then that theory is either changed or thrown out.
A scientific theory in one branch of science must hold true in all of the other branches of science.
From Nova:
"For decades, every attempt to describe the force of gravity in the same language as the other forces—the language of quantum mechanics—has met with disaster
S. JAMES GATES, JR.: You try to put those two pieces of mathematics together, they do not coexist peacefully.
The laws of nature are supposed to apply everywhere. So if Einstein's laws are supposed to apply everywhere, and the laws of quantum mechanics are supposed to apply everywhere, well you can't have two separate everywheres.
BRIAN GREENE: In the years since, physics split into two separate camps: one that uses general relativity to study big and heavy objects, things like stars, galaxies and the universe as a whole...
...and another that uses quantum mechanics to study the tiniest of objects, like atoms and particles. This has been kind of like having two families that just cannot get along and never talk to each other...
There just seemed to be no way to combine quantum mechanics...
and general relativity in a single theory that could describe the universe on all scales.
So here's the question: if you're trying to figure out what happens in the depths of a black hole, where an entire star is crushed to a tiny speck, do you use general relativity because the star is incredibly heavy or quantum mechanics because it's incredibly tiny?
Well, that's the problem. Since the center of a black hole is both tiny and heavy, you can't avoid using both theories at the same time. And when we try to put the two theories together in the realm of black holes, they conflict. It breaks down. They give nonsensical predictions. And the universe is not nonsensical; it's got to make sense.
BRIAN GREENE: It's a little known secret but for more than half a century a dark cloud has been looming over modern science. Here's the problem: our understanding of the universe is based on two separate theories. One is Einstein's general theory of relativity—that's a way of understanding the biggest things in the universe, things like stars and galaxies. But the littlest things in the universe, atoms and subatomic particles, play by an entirely different set of rules called, "quantum Mechanics"
These two sets of rules are each incredibly accurate in their own domain but whenever we try to combine them, to solve some of the deepest mysteries in the universe, disaster strikes.
Take the beginning of the universe, the "big bang." At that instant a tiny nugget erupted violently. Over the next 14 billion years the universe expanded and cooled into the stars, galaxies and planets we see today. But if we run the cosmic film in reverse, everything that's now rushing apart comes back together, so the universe gets smaller, hotter and denser as we head back to the beginning of time.
As we reach the big bang, when the universe was both enormously heavy and incredibly tiny, our projector jams. Our two laws of physics, when combined, break down.
As said:-
"You copy & paste but with no understanding."

I will make the same suggestion to you I have make to other godbots .... get an education.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#171953 Jul 13, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>which bible did you get your info??? the bible sez you don't understand God's word
1 Corinthians 2:14
New International Version (NIV)
14 The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.
So now you are saying "god's message" depends on which version of the bibull you read. Tell me how do you know which one is right?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#171954 Jul 13, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
But you think he would say this...
Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man; for he was a doer of wonderful works, a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews and many of the Gentiles. He was [the] Christ.
...... Seriously?.....
<quoted text>
Yeah. It doesn't follow.

Josephus is hesitant to speak about pagan deities, but he'll talk about a Judaic false messiah in terms that would infuriate Jews.

Riiiight.

Apologetics aren't based on reason or logic.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#171955 Jul 13, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
As said:-
I will make the same suggestion to you I have make to other godbots .... get an education.
why do you lie all the time Im watching you boy 0-0

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#171956 Jul 13, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>there are none! you just don't understand it! FACT
1 cor 2-14
Really then what are these:-

31. Who was the father of Jechoniah?

Josiah (Matthew 1:11)
Jeholakim (I Chronicles 3:16)

32. How many generations were there from the Babylonian exile until Christ?

Matthew says fourteen (Matthew 1:17)
But a careful count of the generations reveals only thirteen (see Matthew 1: 12-16)

33. Who was the father of Shelah?

Cainan (Luke 3:35-36)
Arphaxad (Genesis II: 12)

34. Was John the Baptist Elijah who was to come?

Yes (Matthew II: 14, 17:10-13)
No (John 1:19-21)

35. Would Jesus inherit Davids throne?

Yes. So said the angel (Luke 1:32)
No, since he is a descendant of Jehoiakim (see Matthew 1: I 1, I Chronicles 3:16). And Jehoiakim was cursed by God so that none of his descendants can sit upon Davids throne (Jeremiah 36:30)

36. Jesus rode into Jerusalem on how many animals?

One - a colt (Mark 11:7; cf Luke 19:3 5). And they brought the colt to Jesus and threw their garments on it; and he sat upon it.
Two - a colt and an ass (Matthew 21:7). They brought the ass and the colt and put their garments on them and he sat thereon.

37. How did Simon Peter find out that Jesus was the Christ?

By a revelation from heaven (Matthew 16:17)
His brother Andrew told him (John 1:41)

38. Where did Jesus first meet Simon Peter and Andrew?

By the sea of Galilee (Matthew 4:18-22)
On the banks of river Jordan (John 1:42). After that, Jesus decided to go to Galilee (John 1:43)

39. When Jesus met Jairus was Jairus daughter already dead?

Yes. Matthew 9:18 quotes him as saying, My daughter has just died.
No. Mark 5:23 quotes him as saying, My little daughter is at the point of death.

40. Did Jesus allow his disciples to keep a staff on their journey?

Yes (Mark 6:8)
No (Matthew 10:9; Luke 9:3)

41. Did Herod think that Jesus was John the Baptist?

Yes (Matthew 14:2; Mark 6:16)
No (Luke 9:9)

42. Did John the Baptist recognize Jesus before his baptism?

Yes (Matthew 3:13-14)
No (John 1:32,33)

43. Did John the Baptist recognize Jesus after his baptism?

Yes (John 1:32, 33)
No (Matthew 11:2)

44. According to the Gospel of John, what did Jesus say about bearing his own witness?

If I bear witness to myself, my testimony is not true (John 5:3 1)
Even if I do bear witness to myself, my testimony is true (John 8:14)

45. When Jesus entered Jerusalem did he cleanse the temple that same day?

Yes (Matthew 21:12)
No. He went into the temple and looked around, but since it was very late he did nothing. Instead, he went to Bethany to spend the night and returned the next morning to cleanse the temple (Mark I 1:1- 17)

46. The Gospels say that Jesus cursed a fig tree. Did the tree wither at once?

Yes.(Matthew 21:19)
No. It withered overnight (Mark II: 20)

47. Did Judas kiss Jesus?

Yes (Matthew 26:48-50)
No. Judas could not get close enough to Jesus to kiss him (John 18:3-12)

48. What did Jesus say about Peters denial?

The cock will not crow till you have denied me three times (John 13:38)
Before the cock crows twice you will deny me three times (Mark 14:30). When the cock crowed once, the three denials were not yet complete (see Mark 14:72). Therefore prediction (a) failed.

49. Did Jesus bear his own cross?

Yes (John 19:17)
No (Matthew 27:31-32)

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#171957 Jul 13, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>As said:-

I have one that's why I point out to you sheep that your science lies to you.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#171958 Jul 13, 2013
Osama bin-Saban wrote:
<quoted text>Says the blind man of no faith, but foolishly grabs the shirt tails of the Theoretical Physicists and other scientists that lead him into the Super Massive Black Hole of Dumb @ss. "Don't worry Richard", says the physicist ... "It will be like sliding down a waterslide into a cool pool of water". We will come out unharmed and shining like a star on the other side in our perfect, godless parallel universe. "How do I know this", the theoretical physicist asks? "I've theorized that if you drop a dirty chunk of carbon into a black hole ... it will come out the other side as a beautiful, un-tarnished, bright shiny diamond", he says. "You have to have faith... uh, I mean belief in the scientific community that all of our hypothesis' and theories are factual and will enhance your chances of becoming immoral... uh, I mean immortal!" <Osama rolls eyes!!!>
What a load of drivel.

But you still have addressed the errors in your bibull.

“1000 Sting of Scorpion to you”

Since: Feb 07

Jurassic, Indiana

#171959 Jul 13, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
> Who says that there are errors in The Bible, other than you deaf, dumb, and blind atheists who want to believe that there are errors in the Bible? The Written Word of God is perfect, error free! The Books of the Bible contain many curious mysteries and quotes. They are in the Bible for a reason ... and, when we believers are filled with the Holy Spirit, and God sees our faithfulness, He will open our blind eyes, and, behold, in heavenly awe ... we will see right before our eyes, all of the answers of not only the mysteries of the Bible, and Heaven and Earth, but, also, the entire universe! Praise be to God!
<:)

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#171960 Jul 13, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you are saying "god's message" depends on which version of the bibull you read. Tell me how do you know which one is right?
I did not say that! I read the holy bible! you can't even spell bible (bibull) you have a poor education...
8-9-10 I win!

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#171961 Jul 13, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
I have one that's why I point out to you sheep that your science lies to you.
A degree in theology does not count.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#171962 Jul 13, 2013
Osama bin-Saban wrote:
<quoted text>> Who says that there are errors in The Bible, other than you deaf, dumb, and blind atheists who want to believe that there are errors in the Bible? The Written Word of God is perfect, error free! The Books of the Bible contain many curious mysteries and quotes. They are in the Bible for a reason ... and, when we believers are filled with the Holy Spirit, and God sees our faithfulness, He will open our blind eyes, and, behold, in heavenly awe ... we will see right before our eyes, all of the answers of not only the mysteries of the Bible, and Heaven and Earth, but, also, the entire universe! Praise be to God!
<:)
Can you read:-

50. Did Jesus die before the curtain of the temple was torn?

Yes (Matthew 27:50-51; Mark lS:37-38)
No. After the curtain was torn, then Jesus crying with a loud voice, said, Father, into thy hands I commit my spirit! And having said this he breathed his last (Luke 23:45-46)

51. Did Jesus say anything secretly?

No. I have said nothing secretly (John 18:20)
Yes. He did not speak to them without a parable, but privately to his own disciples he explained everything (Mark 4:34). The disciples asked him Why do you speak to them in parables? He said, To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given (Matthew 13: 1 0-11)

52. Where was Jesus at the sixth hour on the day of the crucifixion?

On the cross (Mark 15:23)
In Pilates court (John 19:14)

53. The gospels say that two thieves were crucified along with Jesus. Did both thieves mock Jesus?

Yes (Mark 15:32)
No. One of them mocked Jesus, the other defended Jesus (Luke 23:43)

54. Did Jesus ascend to Paradise the same day of the crucifixion?

Yes. He said to the thief who defended him, Today you will be with me in Paradise (Luke 23:43)
No. He said to Mary Magdelene two days later, I have not yet ascended to the Father (John 20:17)

55. When Paul was on the road to Damascus he saw a light and heard a voice. Did those who were with him hear the voice?

Yes (Acts9:7)
No (Acts22:9)

56. When Paul saw the light he fell to the ground. Did his traveling companions also fall to the ground?

Yes (Acts 26:14)
No (Acts 9:7)

57. Did the voice spell out on the spot what Pauls duties were to be?

Yes (Acts 26:16-18)
No. The voice commanded Paul to go into the city of Damascus and there he will be told what he must do.(Acts9:7;22: 10)

58. When the Israelites dwelt in Shittin they committed adultery with the daughters of Moab. God struck them with a plague. How many people died in that plague?

Twenty-four thousand (Numbers 25:1 and 9)
Twenty-three thousand (I Corinthians 10:8)

59. How many members of the house of Jacob came to Egypt?

Seventy souls (Genesis 4 & 27)
Seventy-five souls (Acts 7:14)

60. What did Judas do with the blood money he received for betraying Jesus?

He bought a field (Acts 1: 18)
He threw all of it into the temple and went away. The priests could not put the blood money into the temple treasury, so they used it to buy a field to bury strangers (Matthew 27:5)

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#171963 Jul 13, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I did not say that! I read the holy bible! you can't even spell bible (bibull) you have a poor education...
8-9-10 I win!
You did in fact when you asked what version of the bibull I read.

“Fortes Fortuna Juvat, ”

Since: Dec 09

Wichita. Ks.

#171964 Jul 13, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
You did in fact when you asked what version of the bibull I read.
Like I stated never read the bible. There are many contradictions and many words of hate, but they never read that they only read what they want. The bible is full of bullsh!t lies and myths.

The reason I am an atheist is because of reading the bible from front to back many times and putting it all into context. For then I could see the truth of what the book is. Some people cannot, will not, and refuse to see the truth.

All they can do is spew hate and verbal insults in defense of their belief system. I have very little respect for people like that, thank goodness that the religious I work with, and know are intelligent enough to think for themselves and can hold an intelligent conversation on the subject of religion or the lack thereof.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#171965 Jul 13, 2013
albtraum wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's not forget the televangelists. I've seen them admit that they haven't yet paid for the air time that they are using to beg for the money to pay for the on air time.
Then there are the faith healers....oh let's not even go there;0)
Oh no...let's not go there! lol :-) There are so many televangelists still out there stealing people's money. It's insane! Faith healers are the worst kind in my opinion.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#171966 Jul 13, 2013
Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I stated never read the bible. There are many contradictions and many words of hate, but they never read that they only read what they want. The bible is full of bullsh!t lies and myths.
The reason I am an atheist is because of reading the bible from front to back many times and putting it all into context. For then I could see the truth of what the book is. Some people cannot, will not, and refuse to see the truth.
All they can do is spew hate and verbal insults in defense of their belief system. I have very little respect for people like that, thank goodness that the religious I work with, and know are intelligent enough to think for themselves and can hold an intelligent conversation on the subject of religion or the lack thereof.
please don't bring the gay thing in this

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min flack 1,156,081
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr Brian_G 307,097
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 6 hr Earthling-1 2,741
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr BRUINS FOR TRUTH 28,481
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 8 hr zubedaanur 693
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... Fri best bet 2
UConn vs. Duke Monday night 9pm ESPN2 Thu ivyawe 1
More from around the web