Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258464 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#171671 Jul 10, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>We are to fear God because he has the power to forgive us. God also pities those who fear him. When we submit to God, we surrender and give God dominion and control.
I understand how it is supposed to work. I feared my parents, and they had unconditional love for me. They forgave me without me fearing them actually. I feel like if a human can do this, then an omnipotent being should be able to do this as well. If he chooses not to then I don't feel that he should have made us to begin with. If his only objective was to create worshipers then he should have done that without giving us free will. In all actuality we don't have free will because he basically states that if we don't love him, and him alone then we will be punished in hell forever. That is not free will. That would be like my boyfriend saying if you don't love me then you are free to go and do as you please, but I will eventually kill you if you don't make the choice to love me. That example is obviously small in comparison, but the same none the less. This is just how I feel.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#171672 Jul 10, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is not made up...it has been observed.
GOD made man not evolution. God made it all

Location hidden

#171673 Jul 10, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text> We did not come from apes evolution is a lie.. The bible is the holy word of GOD ALMIGHTY! I recommend for you to get into a good sunday school... And stop making a total @ss outta yourself
O.k. so I've heard christians say before, that Noah would have been like 12 feet tall back in the day, and if that is the case then why are we not 12 feet tall now?????? That is called evolution. Like it or not. That is evolution. I don't believe that Noah existed, but if he did, then how else would you explain this??????

Location hidden

#171674 Jul 10, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Christians are forgiven.. atheist are slaves to the evil one
According to the bible we have all been forgiven after Jesus died...you may want to read your bible again.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#171675 Jul 10, 2013
atheist are goofy for believing the lie of evolution

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#171676 Jul 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Ain't got nothing but a bunch of rabid atheists still arguing he doesn't exist 2000 years later, and a bunch of churches in every town.
Your perspective is a bit warped.
Brainwashed idiots think other people are crazy, because they do not subscribe to their maniacal delusions and lucid insanities.
Dream world and secret fantasy is the norm of christian ideology.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#171677 Jul 10, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
Atheists don't "believe" in stuff.
Thinking

Lymington, UK

#171678 Jul 10, 2013
Your opinion is without worth, you necrophiliac sisterfucker.
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe you

Location hidden

#171679 Jul 10, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
What man created time?
Well I could attempt to pull that one out of my ass, but I won't...I could google it, but I really don't feel like reading through all that garbage cause it will go back and forth on there too, since there is no specific person that "invented" it.

Let's just say that even if "god" created day and night...man would have had to have invented a tool to measure time so that we could use time as we needed to. That should make sense to you. I haven't ever read in the bible where "god" created the clock.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#171680 Jul 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Brainwashed idiots think other people are crazy, because they do not subscribe to their maniacal delusions and lucid insanities.
LOL!

You are more maniacal in your non-belief than the overwhelming majority of them in their belief. Irrational even.

Location hidden

#171681 Jul 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Those scholars just study other scholars.
Socrates had some seriously highly placed enemies in Athens. That is why he died. You best believe there would have been some official propaganda and gloating over his death. Much publicizing of what happens to those that oppose.
Show me some.
Why would one man like him be so worshiped for his ideas unless he was elevated above other men by scholars?
There are a lot more writings about Jesus, and he has had much more impact on human history.
I am not educated on the subject of Socrates enough to discuss in depth about him...however I don't agree that there were more writings about Jesus....at least not in secular history. There have been similar arguments that have floated around about Jesus and Paul. I just don't look into depth about those things because I don't feel like it is neither here nor there as far as my beliefs go.

Location hidden

#171682 Jul 10, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
O.k. so I've heard christians say before, that Noah would have been like 12 feet tall back in the day, and if that is the case then why are we not 12 feet tall now?????? That is called evolution. Like it or not. That is evolution. I don't believe that Noah existed, but if he did, then how else would you explain this??????

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#171683 Jul 10, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not educated on the subject of Socrates enough to discuss in depth about him...however I don't agree that there were more writings about Jesus....at least not in secular history. There have been similar arguments that have floated around about Jesus and Paul. I just don't look into depth about those things because I don't feel like it is neither here nor there as far as my beliefs go.
I didn't either until I got on here dealing with rabid anti-Christians and started looking things up.

The truth is you can't even get the truth about something that happens now, much less years ago.

Everyone wants to sell you something.

You pick your truths where you find them. You have to live with them. The regimented souls like fundies and Topix atheists ain't got brains to do that for themselves.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#171684 Jul 10, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG!!!!!! BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHASNORTDHAH AFARTS

12 feet tall BAAAAHAHAHA!or you like 6 yrs old

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#171685 Jul 10, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Your opinion is without worth, you necrophiliac sisterfucker.
<quoted text>
reported
Bongo

Patchogue, NY

#171687 Jul 10, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
hey shnoogly, you must be on the "edge". Youre starting to sound like limpoma the chunky flunky.

Location hidden

#171688 Jul 10, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't either until I got on here dealing with rabid anti-Christians and started looking things up.
The truth is you can't even get the truth about something that happens now, much less years ago.
Everyone wants to sell you something.
You pick your truths where you find them. You have to live with them. The regimented souls like fundies and Topix atheists ain't got brains to do that for themselves.
"The truth is you can't even get the truth about something that happens now, much less years ago."

At the risk of you getting angry with me, I can say that I agree with you to some point...however I think that science, and archeology can give us many answers from the past, and in the now it's much easier to find truth as the time is in the present. I totally agree that a person has to choose their own truth...I am just not one of the people that have chosen the biblical creation (god) as mine. I find it impossible to believe that the bible is authentic in its current state, or at all. Again that is just my opinion. I still find it hard to believe that anyone would, and I still think that religions should stay a personal practice and not one that is publicly forced onto non-followers. I feel like even the Topix atheists have chosen to agree with science over faith. I personally see nothing wrong with that simply because I trust science because science has given me answers that can be explained rationally. Any huge questions like, where the universe came from, and where we will go when we die will never be answered by proof. I feel like those are impossible questions to answer unless you were there, or until you get there.

Location hidden

#171689 Jul 10, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>Well I could attempt to pull that one out of my ass, but I won't...I could google it, but I really don't feel like reading through all that garbage cause it will go back and forth on there too, since there is no specific person that "invented" it.

Let's just say that even if "god" created day and night...man would have had to have invented a tool to measure time so that we could use time as we needed to. That should make sense to you. I haven't ever read in the bible where "god" created the clock.
A clock is not time.

Location hidden

#171690 Jul 10, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>OMG!!!!!! BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHASNORTDHAH AFARTS
12 feet tall BAAAAHAHAHA!or you like 6 yrs old
lol...good gawd...are you laughing at the christians that believe Noah was 12 feet tall? If that is the case then I can gladly say that this was the same reaction I had to that....well minus the farting lol, and I'm 32 years old.

Location hidden

#171691 Jul 10, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
A clock is not time.
lol...yes I am aware of that...your question was who invented time, and that answer that I gave you was that time is a man invented tool to measure day from night, and months from years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 13 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 314,304
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Well Well 1,534,355
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr Here pharters 33,082
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) May 16 Patriot 11,170
Penn State University & State College May 12 Truechange 1
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr '17 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Apr '17 DelucaKoehn 11
More from around the web