Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“1000 Sting of Scorpion to you”

Since: Feb 07

Jurassic, Indiana

#171157 Jul 7, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I can tell by your post picture! but you can give me a kiss (_*_) ware it out BOO
Osama, wasn't going to critique Mikko's pic ... but, since you brought it up, Clown... that boy is UGGGGGGGGGGLY!!! That boy looks like ole UGA, the Georgia mascot! Hey, Mikko ... better go back to your big bang scientists for a refund. Boy, did you get shortchanged! Just kidding, Mikko ... well, maybe not!
>:)

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#171158 Jul 7, 2013
Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>
Not necessarily. Some parts of the bible are hyperbole, but not all. And the portions that are hyperbole aren't for the purpose of deception or story telling around a camp fire when there's nothing better to do. Hyperbole isn't like that. At least not in ancient Hebrew culture.
Ancient Hebrew culture is like any other. They have a cultural mythology/history that fluctuated or peaked at times in belief, and waned as time passed and other encountered cultures mythologies were adopted and assimilated, becoming their own after a time.

That is the pattern of history. That template rarely varies.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#171159 Jul 7, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
On your knees in the men's room again eh?
<quoted text>
hehehe

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#171160 Jul 7, 2013
Osama bin-Saban wrote:
<quoted text>> Osama sees you believe anything that is thrown out into public view by any brainless twit who doesn't believe in God. Go figure!!! So, tell all of Topix ... were you present when Moses received the Ten Commandments? No??? Oh, you were on a neighboring mountain listening to the neighborhood mystic. Did you learn anything that would help you to live a good life? What's that you say ... "I learned from the mystic that there wasn't a God"! No, Osama said, "Did you learn anything that would help you live a good life?" Osama doesn't want to know if you lost your marbles. Enough of your fruitless ramblings ... where's the beef?
Tell us something that's true, and will be helpful to you and your pack of lost and lonely, wandering in the wilderness heathens. Think back ... Osama knows it was a loooooooooong time ago, but, you need to come up with something constructive, and truthful. Maybe check with one of your all-knowing scientists, who could help you find one of your truths. Osama knows it's circling one of the Super Massive Black Holes of the Milky Way Galaxy right now. Hurry up and find it before it is swallowed up forever, and ever! Scaritual, pulls his communicator from his pocket, and in a somewhat frightened tone says, "Beam me up, Scotty"!
I think you may be identified as this:

Noun: zealot
1. A fervent and even militant proponent of something

Noun: Zealot
1. A member of an ancient Jewish sect in Judea in the first century who fought to the death against the Romans and who killed or persecuted Jews who collaborated with the Romans

WordWeb Pro 6.6

Jurassic, Indiana

#171161 Jul 7, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Easily 30 IQ points higher than you :)
Wipe your chin half wit, you're drooling again.
So this is your other sock account eh clown?
Thanks for the laughs idiot.
<quoted text>
Osama sees the lobotomy really took it out of you, huh, CrackedLibertyBell? Too bad! Hey, how's the titanium bolt the surgeon put in your neck to keep your empty head from falling off and bouncing on the floor like a basketball? Hope it helps you eventually become level headed! Okay, okay, all joking aside, Osama, wishes you all the best, even though he knows you want be able to hold a knowledgeable conversation with the real intellects of the universe ... yep, the believers of God Almighty. Osama did see in a medical journal, that people who had a lobotomy had a 50/50 chance of being able to walk and chew gum ... albeit, not at the same time. Hope you're not a gum chewer! Now, run... oops, I mean, walk along and try your best to get your IQ back up to 10.

Yours truly,
Dr. Osama (Helping the brain dead to lead as normal a life as humanly possible ... yes, atheists, there are miracles)

P.S.- Don't be trying to unscrew that titanium neck bolt ... ya hear!?

“a.k.a. GhostWriter2U”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#171162 Jul 7, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I drove most of the way. Then the was a little bit of walking, and stairs.
LOL. Funny.

Jurassic, Indiana

#171163 Jul 7, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you may be identified as this:
Noun: zealot
1. A fervent and even militant proponent of something
Noun: Zealot
1. A member of an ancient Jewish sect in Judea in the first century who fought to the death against the Romans and who killed or persecuted Jews who collaborated with the Romans
WordWeb Pro 6.6
Where did you come up with this BS ... CrackedLibertyBell? LOL!!! Although, yours truly, that would be moi, is a solid believer in The Old Testament ... The Great Osama is living the one and only blessed lifetime God has granted him. "Yes, Lord ... Osama is very pleased that You gifted him with universal knowledge, wisdom, and truth, and that Your greatest gift, was that of not having to wander aimlessly in circles in the Wilderness of Dumb @ss looking for the Answers of Life." So it was said, so it was done!

Jurassic, Indiana

#171164 Jul 7, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
So you made this and your Osama socks accounts at the same time I see.
Wow talk about desperate.
<quoted text>
> What are you talking about? Desperate??? Come on, The Clown and I are not atheists! The Clown and Osama are two different people altogether. Now, The Clown wishes he were Osama! LOL!!! Just kidding, Clown! We both are SEC Brethren, believers in God Almighty, and were blessed with more intelligence than the law allows.

The preceding was posted commercial free, by yours truly, Osama the Follower of God Almighty, American Capitalist, and Heavenly sent Torch Bearer shining the brilliant white light at the end of the tunnel for the lost and lonely atheists of the world to see ... You gotta have some hope, or you'll be walking in circles in the Wilderness of Dumb @ss, and eventually dying of vertigo. Now, have yourself a nice evening ... ya hear!?

Location hidden

#171165 Jul 7, 2013
Osama bin-Saban wrote:
<quoted text>> What are you talking about? Desperate??? Come on, The Clown and I are not atheists! The Clown and Osama are two different people altogether. Now, The Clown wishes he were Osama! LOL!!! Just kidding, Clown! We both are SEC Brethren, believers in God Almighty, and were blessed with more intelligence than the law allows.
The preceding was posted commercial free, by yours truly, Osama the Follower of God Almighty, American Capitalist, and Heavenly sent Torch Bearer shining the brilliant white light at the end of the tunnel for the lost and lonely atheists of the world to see ... You gotta have some hope, or you'll be walking in circles in the Wilderness of Dumb @ss, and eventually dying of vertigo. Now, have yourself a nice evening ... ya hear!?
Hahahaha...blessed with more intelligence the law allows...now I will give you that your wit is rather amusing, but to say that you have that much intelligence when you believe in God and talk the way you do.....not so much lol

Location hidden

#171166 Jul 7, 2013
Osama bin-Saban wrote:
<quoted text>> What are you talking about? Desperate??? Come on, The Clown and I are not atheists! The Clown and Osama are two different people altogether. Now, The Clown wishes he were Osama! LOL!!! Just kidding, Clown! We both are SEC Brethren, believers in God Almighty, and were blessed with more intelligence than the law allows.
And I will most certainly have a nice evening....ya hear!?:)

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#171167 Jul 7, 2013
Osama bin-Saban wrote:
<quoted text>Where did you come up with this BS ... CrackedLibertyBell? LOL!!! Although, yours truly, that would be moi, is a solid believer in The Old Testament ... The Great Osama is living the one and only blessed lifetime God has granted him. "Yes, Lord ... Osama is very pleased that You gifted him with universal knowledge, wisdom, and truth, and that Your greatest gift, was that of not having to wander aimlessly in circles in the Wilderness of Dumb @ss looking for the Answers of Life." So it was said, so it was done!
Whatever you say,'sama.

Have you talked to Snap` Crackle' or "Pop" lately?

Location hidden

#171168 Jul 7, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>If you think that weird, then the fact your very own concept god needs one despite the thousands , millions , billions he already has should shock you to tears then.
Explain where time came from?

Location hidden

#171169 Jul 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://monkeywah.typepad.com/p aranormalia/2013/07/a-militant -skeptic-discovers-the-afterli fe.html

A change of perspective.

TOPIX ATHEISTS!!! DO NOT READ!!!
Thanks Dave that was good reading.

Here something else TOPIX ATHEISTS!!! DO NOT READ!!!

Last words of famous atheists:

Caesar Borgia: "While I lived, I provided for everything but death; now I must die, and am unprepared to die."

Thomas Hobbs political philosopher "I say again, if I had the whole world at my disposal, I would give it to live one day. I am about to take a leap into the dark."

Thomas Payne the leading atheistic writer in American colonies: "Stay with me, for God's sake; I cannot bear to be left alone , O Lord, help me! O God, what have I done to suffer so much? What will become of me hereafter? "I would give worlds if I had them, that The Age of Reason had never been published. 0 Lord, help me! Christ, help me!…No, don't leave; stay with me! Send even a child to stay with me; for I am on the edge of Hell here alone. If ever the Devil had an agent, I have been that one."

Sir Thomas Scott, Chancellor of England "Until this moment I thought there was neither a God nor a hell. Now I know and feel that there are both, and I am doomed to perdition by the just judgment of the Almighty."

David Hume, atheist philosopher famous for his philosophy of empiricism and skepticism of religion, he cried loud on his death bed "I am in flames!" It is said his "desperation was a horrible scene".

Napoleon Bonaparte, the French emperor, and who, like Adolf Hitler, brought death to millions to satisfy his greedy, power-mad, selfish ambitions for world conquest: "I die before my time, and my body will be given back to the earth. Such is the fate of him who has been called the great Napoleon. What an abyss between my deep misery and the eternal kingdom of Christ!”

Sir Francis Newport, the head of an English Atheist club to those gathered around his deathbed: "You need not tell me there is no God for I know there is one, and that I am in His presence! You need not tell me there is no hell. I feel myself already slipping. Wretches, cease your idle talk about there being hope for me! I know I am lost forever! Oh, that fire! Oh, the insufferable pangs of hell!…Oh, that I could lie for a thousand years upon the fire that is never quenched, to purchase the favor of God and be united to Him again. But it is a fruitless wish. Millions and millions of years will bring me no nearer the end of my torments than one poor hour. Oh, eternity, eternity forever and forever!, Oh, the insufferable pangs of Hell!”

“The eye has it...”

Russell's Teapot

#171170 Jul 7, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Dave that was good reading.
Here something else TOPIX ATHEISTS!!! DO NOT READ!!!
Last words of famous atheists:
Caesar Borgia: "While I lived, I provided for everything but death; now I must die, and am unprepared to die."
Thomas Hobbs political philosopher "I say again, if I had the whole world at my disposal, I would give it to live one day. I am about to take a leap into the dark."
Thomas Payne the leading atheistic writer in American colonies: "Stay with me, for God's sake; I cannot bear to be left alone , O Lord, help me! O God, what have I done to suffer so much? What will become of me hereafter? "I would give worlds if I had them, that The Age of Reason had never been published. 0 Lord, help me! Christ, help me!…No, don't leave; stay with me! Send even a child to stay with me; for I am on the edge of Hell here alone. If ever the Devil had an agent, I have been that one."
Sir Thomas Scott, Chancellor of England "Until this moment I thought there was neither a God nor a hell. Now I know and feel that there are both, and I am doomed to perdition by the just judgment of the Almighty."
David Hume, atheist philosopher famous for his philosophy of empiricism and skepticism of religion, he cried loud on his death bed "I am in flames!" It is said his "desperation was a horrible scene".
Napoleon Bonaparte, the French emperor, and who, like Adolf Hitler, brought death to millions to satisfy his greedy, power-mad, selfish ambitions for world conquest: "I die before my time, and my body will be given back to the earth. Such is the fate of him who has been called the great Napoleon. What an abyss between my deep misery and the eternal kingdom of Christ!”
Sir Francis Newport, the head of an English Atheist club to those gathered around his deathbed: "You need not tell me there is no God for I know there is one, and that I am in His presence! You need not tell me there is no hell. I feel myself already slipping. Wretches, cease your idle talk about there being hope for me! I know I am lost forever! Oh, that fire! Oh, the insufferable pangs of hell!…Oh, that I could lie for a thousand years upon the fire that is never quenched, to purchase the favor of God and be united to Him again. But it is a fruitless wish. Millions and millions of years will bring me no nearer the end of my torments than one poor hour. Oh, eternity, eternity forever and forever!, Oh, the insufferable pangs of Hell!”
"Strawberry" Pinson, a good Christian man, right before he died:

"I'ma sayin air's at least 3 coons upinat tree, somebody me uh shotgun!"

Then he took a big breath and died.

Location hidden

#171171 Jul 7, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy crap...do you really think if they gave a detailed explanation of where time came from that you would even accept it??? This who thread is not about where time came from. Atheism is not a religion...it's a lack thereof. It does not take faith to not have a belief in something.
Truth

Jupiter, FL

#171172 Jul 7, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain where god came from? Unlike god we know when time started.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#171173 Jul 7, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
The past.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#171174 Jul 7, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy crap...do you really think if they gave a detailed explanation of where time came from that you would even accept it??? This who thread is not about where time came from. Atheism is not a religion...it's a lack thereof. It does not take faith to not have a belief in something.
If you are arguing for and prosyletizing it, then it is a religion.

There is no other reason for your passion about it.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#171175 Jul 7, 2013
I_see_you wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got a lovely bunch of coconuts....dedelede
They are huge!!!

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#171176 Jul 7, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
On your knees in the men's room again eh?
<quoted text>
you post about thr mens room a bunch! I bet you would gargle a mean set of balls...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min John Galt 1,156,557
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 5 min IBdaMann 2,745
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Bruin Nation 28,507
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr The world is waiting 307,127
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... 23 hr yinefsfgd 3
Should child beauty pageants be banned? Fri zubedaanur 693
UConn vs. Duke Monday night 9pm ESPN2 Dec 25 ivyawe 1
More from around the web