Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
164,281 - 164,300 of 225,708 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“a.k.a. GhostWriter2U”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

scaritual wrote:
So then the story of Moses going to a cloud covered mountaintop to talk to a god was an exaggeration, or never happened at all, and it was a convenient way to transmit the lore of a culture.
Not necessarily. Some parts of the bible are hyperbole, but not all. And the portions that are hyperbole aren't for the purpose of deception or story telling around a camp fire when there's nothing better to do. Hyperbole isn't like that. At least not in ancient Hebrew culture.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not surprising you "don't get it".
Well it's too stupid ..

“1000 Sting of Scorpion to you”

Since: Feb 07

Jurassic, Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
So then the story of Moses going to a cloud covered mountaintop to talk to a god was an exaggeration, or never happened at all, and it was a convenient way to transmit the lore of a culture.
"Where did our laws come from?"
"Old Moses, went onto a mountaintop and a god gave them to him, and this is why they are our laws, and we are a special people, never forget this."
Much like the American Aboriginal stories were. They were simple methods of transmitting cultural specifics. Fireside tales and bedtime stories, essentially.
But no one actually believed that the deer got his horns as a prize in a race.
Or that Kanati kept animals in a huge cave to select from when he went hunting, and that he was the first man.
But no one really thought or believed that.
Because other tribes had their myths, too.
> Osama sees you believe anything that is thrown out into public view by any brainless twit who doesn't believe in God. Go figure!!! So, tell all of Topix ... were you present when Moses received the Ten Commandments? No??? Oh, you were on a neighboring mountain listening to the neighborhood mystic. Did you learn anything that would help you to live a good life? What's that you say ... "I learned from the mystic that there wasn't a God"! No, Osama said, "Did you learn anything that would help you live a good life?" Osama doesn't want to know if you lost your marbles. Enough of your fruitless ramblings ... where's the beef?
Tell us something that's true, and will be helpful to you and your pack of lost and lonely, wandering in the wilderness heathens. Think back ... Osama knows it was a loooooooooong time ago, but, you need to come up with something constructive, and truthful. Maybe check with one of your all-knowing scientists, who could help you find one of your truths. Osama knows it's circling one of the Super Massive Black Holes of the Milky Way Galaxy right now. Hurry up and find it before it is swallowed up forever, and ever! Scaritual, pulls his communicator from his pocket, and in a somewhat frightened tone says, "Beam me up, Scotty"!
>:)

“a.k.a. GhostWriter2U”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Atheism:

The belief there was nothing, and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason, thus creating everything,and then a bunch of everything magically re-arranged itself for no reason whatsoever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs.

Got it.

Makes perfect sense to me.

150 years ago: "Darwin said it, I believe it!"

7 years ago: "Dawkins said it, I believe it!"

LMAO

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Sin is willful destruction of your body and mind.
You're going to hell.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Hahahaha!

Wow what an ignorant c@cks@cker!
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>It's a violation of evolution and survival.

Dumb shit.

Jurassic, Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Your opinions about other people's reality will matter after you've successfully proved your personal hallucination / cult.
Osama does not hallucinate! But, Osama has read most of your posts... uh, please excuse the great Osama...

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Too funny!!!

Septic... uh, Skeptic, wanting someone other than himself to prove their hallucinations. Septic... uh, Skeptic, put down the 2-Liter bottle of delusion before you fall into a drunken stupor. Oh, you're already in a drunken stupor! Go figure!!! My bad! That six-pack of delusion already has you over the legal limit, huh? If you could ever grow some balls and face reality! What's that you say, "I have nuts, but, they're numb"! Aww, too bad! Well, time for you to run along and clean your mommy's kitchen before she gets home to cook dinner. After all, you need nourishment to keep what little brain you have from starving to death. Have a good 'un ... ya hear!?
<:)

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Sorry atheism is simply not believing in a god.

Ignorant c@cks@ckers like you have trouble understanding that.
Roman Apologist wrote:
Atheism:

The belief there was nothing, and nothing happened to nothing and then nothing magically exploded for no reason, thus creating everything,and then a bunch of everything magically re-arranged itself for no reason whatsoever into self-replicating bits which then turned into dinosaurs.

Got it.

LMAO

“a.k.a. GhostWriter2U”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
Then how did we get here? LOL

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
http://monkeywah.typepad.com/p aranormalia/2013/07/a-militant -skeptic-discovers-the-afterli fe.html

A change of perspective.

TOPIX ATHEISTS!!! DO NOT READ!!!
Why not?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Osama bin-Saban wrote:
<quoted text>> Hail, hail, the gang's all here! What the hell... oops (forgot, atheists don't believe in hell), what the heck do we care, what the heck do we care! And the Godless, intellectual, scientific community all huddle together with crocodile tears in their swollen eyes ... whining like little babies, "boo, hoo, the gang doesn't love us"! Well, wake up and smell the roses ... God loves you!
Might want to cut down on the caffeine.

Jurassic, Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Roman Apologist wrote:
Atheism:
Got it.
LMAO
> Shocking!!! All this time, Osama thought the point of singularity was God ... the Perfect Equation ... the equation the All-Knowing scientists, physicists, astronomers, and, veggie fed Intellectuals have been looking for, forever. So, out in the vastness of empty space, this one miniscule, sub-microscopic, sub-atomic piece of balled-up, potential blast of universal construction, blows up and creates everything known to man, and space aliens who are scattered throughout the entire universe. Dust to dust, ashes to ashes, dinosaur to man! Huh??? Dust to dust, and, ashes to ashes, Osama believes! Dinosaur to man??? Yeah, right!!!
>:/

Jurassic, Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Might want to cut down on the caffeine.
> Osama will make a deal with you, Aeronutty as a Fruitcake. The great Osama will cut down on the caffeine if you cut down on the delusion. Deal?

Jurassic, Indiana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
> You should be ashamed of yourself, CrackedLibertyBell! You, who has very little intelligence, calling another person ignorant. God in His majestic voice says to Osama the Anointed, "Go easy on the boy ... he is still recovering from his lobotomy"! My bad, Lord! CrackedLibertyBell, Osama, being the gentleman that he is, will keep his scorpions from stinging you ... at least until your recovery. Is there a recovery for a lobotomy? Anyway, you take care, and, be nice ... ya hear!?

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me evidence for sin bozo.
you are the liar here!
If you have to have evidence of sin! you wouldn't understand the answer... try not to hurt yourself walking around in circles yelling YO

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Osama bin-Saban wrote:
<quoted text>> You should be ashamed of yourself, CrackedLibertyBell! You, who has very little intelligence, calling another person ignorant. God in His majestic voice says to Osama the Anointed, "Go easy on the boy ... he is still recovering from his lobotomy"! My bad, Lord! CrackedLibertyBell, Osama, being the gentleman that he is, will keep his scorpions from stinging you ... at least until your recovery. Is there a recovery for a lobotomy? Anyway, you take care, and, be nice ... ya hear!?
GREAT POSTING!!!!!!!!! I've laughed till my balls hurt
Truth

Jupiter, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>If you have to have evidence of sin! you wouldn't understand the answer... try not to hurt yourself walking around in circles yelling YO
Sin is just a religious concept it only exists in the minds of religious believers.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Roman Apologist wrote:
<quoted text>
Then how did we get here? LOL
I drove most of the way. Then the was a little bit of walking, and stairs.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>GREAT POSTING!!!!!!!!! I've laughed till my balls hurt
You have balls?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2013

Judged:

Osama bin-Saban wrote:
<quoted text>> Osama will make a deal with you, Aeronutty as a Fruitcake. The great Osama will cut down on the caffeine if you cut down on the delusion. Deal?
Sure.

What delusion?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,096,504
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 min PEE PEE PETE 26,975
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr STO 305,396
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 19 RICK SERVICE 28
loan needed (Dec '13) Aug 12 Simon 5
loan offer (Jun '13) Aug 10 Tram 81
Na Aug 9 rrg cgr 1

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••