Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256542 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Sweden more democratic thanUSA”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#171007 Jul 6, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it is sympathy for, not "despising", of those under the illusion of their reality and rationality.
It can get frustrating dealing with them, but God understands.
There's no god

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#171008 Jul 6, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no god
Not for you.

Others think differently.
Favorite Adversary

Brooklyn, NY

#171009 Jul 6, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Old myths amuse me as well, hence my curiosity with the religious - whatever flavor they savor!
Horus > Krishna > Mithras > Jesus
All cut for more or less the same cloth just a different color and length.
The Christian view that all intercourse outside marriage is immoral was based upon the view that all sexual intercourse, even within marriage, is regrettable.
A view of this sort, which goes against biological facts, can only be regarded by some people as a morbid aberration.
The fact that it is embedded in Christian ethics has made Christianity throughout its whole history a force tending towards mental disorders and unwholesome views of life.
Crimen Sollicitationis look it up!
The appalling 39-page document, Crimen Sollicitationis, was issued worldwide in 1962 by then Cardinal, Ratzinger, outlining procedures to protect priests accused of sexual abusing minors and sexually propositioning penitents, and how to conceal these violations.
As you know, there is a difference between Catholicism and Protestantism within the Christian faith. This split occurred when Martin Luther nailed his 95 theses to the church in Wittenburg, Germany, against the corruption in the Catholic church. Essentially, Martin Luther was calling them out on their heresies in teachings, and corruptions in the community. When somebody in power is called to task on their behavior, it's resented. Sure enough, Martin Luther found himself excommunicated and branded an outlaw.

Sadly, Catholicism still tries to speak for all of Christianity, even though not everyone considers Catholicism the legitimate voice of Christianity.

Sexual pleasure isn't a sin. The reason that sex is supposed to stay within marriage is to bond a husband and wife physically, spiritually, and emotionally. It's supposed to protect the wife from being used as a physical object for the arbitrary enjoyment of biological sensations by others.

Our pastor stood in the pulpit one Sunday and in his sermon he mentioned the word "sex", but not in a negative manner. There was an audible, collective gasp of shock and apprehension within the congregation. He stopped his sermon and looked at everyone for a few seconds. Then he said something I'll never forget. Paraphrased, it went something like this:

"What? I'm not supposed to say the word 'sex' from the pulpit? How do you think you all came to be here? You didn't blink into existence 30 seconds ago. Didn't God say to Adam and Eve go forth and multiply? If He didn't then why are you here anyway? And if he did, aren't we obeying His instructions to procreate? Sex is great so long as it is within marriage to protect the sanctity of marriage, and prevent exploitation of our fellow man."

Awesome huh?

Södertälje, Sweden

#171010 Jul 6, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Not for you.
Others think differently.
implying that christians think and implying that there's a god

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#171011 Jul 6, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Your reality is a personal one.

Södertälje, Sweden

#171012 Jul 6, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
you are a drone without your own thoughts and collective christard reality

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#171013 Jul 6, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Machines and biological processes follow the same physical laws. Just different in how they are configured to transfer energy.
You seem to think organic life is removed from those laws. Odd for an evolutionist to think that.
<quoted text>
I read that last night about 20 minutes after you posted it.
Let's say I was too stunned by it to post then.
KK, everything physical follows the laws of physics in this physical world.
You are truly very daft. Mechanical and biological laws are two different sets of laws, one governs the behavior of mechanical objects, the other governs behavior of biological organisms. It cannot be made any simpler than that, and if you still don't understand the difference then you have only demonstrated a total lack of education and intelligence.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#171014 Jul 6, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you hate christians?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#171015 Jul 6, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
When you become brave enough to prove your personal god, you won't need to lie to atheists about your personal god.

Location hidden

#171016 Jul 6, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>why do you hate christians?
Why does your bible claim all atheists are fools and still hasn't been corrected yet?

That and proof of god...

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#171017 Jul 6, 2013
Snow Bunny_ wrote:
<quoted text>I'm glad that a message from the bible was able to inspire you, and make your life better.
If people need God in their life to make them better, then by all means...have God in your life.
I respect that, and would never want that taken from anyone.
BUT, being an Agnostic, I must add....so often do "believers" give themselves credit for their won change...they give that credit to God, when it was actually their own inner strength the whole time.
My point is WHY would God help you resolve issues....but NOT be there for the kids at Sandy Hook, Oklahoma Tornado? Boston Bombing? Starving, beaten, and molested children?
If God took the time in YOUR life to ensure you receive a very important message, why not do the same in dire situations involving innocent children?
I guess that's why I'd never worship or understand the supposed Christian God.
I mean, anything that would qualify as a God would understand this...is that really a GOD worthy of worshipping?
Isaiah 55:8-9

8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Södertälje, Sweden

#171018 Jul 6, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>why do you hate christians?
Why do you hate yourself so much ?

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#171019 Jul 6, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
When you become brave enough to prove your personal god, you won't need to lie to atheists about your personal god.
when atheist prove there is no GOD! I will become a goofy atheist! Im not scared in the least...

JESUS IS ALIVE! AND SAVES

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#171020 Jul 6, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you hate yourself so much ?
what a corny comeback! you have no skills/game pitiful/sad...

why do you hate JESUS CHRIST!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#171021 Jul 6, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does your bible claim all atheists are fools and still hasn't been corrected yet?
That and proof of god...
WHAT! You're as NUTTY as a squirrel turd... FACT!

Location hidden

#171022 Jul 6, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you telling us, or re-assuring yourself?

Location hidden

#171023 Jul 6, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>what a corny comeback! you have no skills/game pitiful/sad...
why do you hate JESUS CHRIST!
Does tying your gods name in capitals, make your personal hallucination any more real to atheists?

Location hidden

#171024 Jul 6, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>when atheist prove there is no GOD! I will become a goofy atheist! Im not scared in the least...
There's no such thing as god. After you decided to lie about god being real, its your job to prove what you claim.

But you're a coward with no proof, so instead, you'll just type your gods name in capitals in the blind hope that somebody here gives a f*ck about your personal hallucination.

Location hidden

#171025 Jul 6, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>WHAT! You're as NUTTY as a squirrel turd... FACT!
Says the Clown who believes that jesus rode on the backs of dinosaurs, that fossils aren't "really there" & that water can magically turn into wine.

Yes, I'm the crazy one clown boy...try again and see if I become creationist this time?

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#171026 Jul 6, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Says the Clown who believes that jesus rode on the backs of dinosaurs, that fossils aren't "really there" & that water can magically turn into wine.
Yes, I'm the crazy one clown boy...try again and see if I become creationist this time?
you're as nutty as the $#&T house RAT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min VetnorsGate 1,417,642
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 35 min Trojan 32,324
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr zef 311,604
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Tue Into The Night 10,059
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 19 JustStop 201,888
mark moel loan house is here for you to uptain ... (Sep '13) Aug 14 Alex 17
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Aug 11 Ceren 9
More from around the web