Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 8,201)

Showing posts 164,001 - 164,020 of217,054
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Make one about magnets :)
scaritual wrote:
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
A righteous atheist is a fearsome creature to behold.
Would be kind of neat beholding dueling trumpets in the sky.
Dueling trumpets? I'd most likely win!!!! I'd pierce the heavens with my powerful high G.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Your factually incorrect spam was deleted for being humiliatingly wrong even by Christian standards.
Still waiting for this historical proof Jesus even existed, not some chump's opinion on a fictional character.
<quoted text>
you say Jesus didn't exist! its your word agaist billions! lets see do I believe the bible and billions of other christians ??? or some atheist chump (snicker) on topix... Im gonna believe the bible.. not the chump

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Lol! Dave using the term thingies and his buddy saying we are made of god stuff!
Lmfao! Sooooo funny!
<quoted text>
Guy's that say thingies! are gay.. just sayin

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Dueling trumpets? I'd most likely win!!!! I'd pierce the heavens with my powerful high G.
That could be your masterpiece composition. You should start writing it now.

Whupping God's Ass in G major.

Make it long so you can savor it that one last time.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!!
That Creator should not be looking forward to your judgment and scorn being laid upon him. He might just leave town to escape you.
Show nuff did, that sucker is out of town. And left no forwarding address.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Guy's that say thingies! are gay.. just sayin
You said it gaywad.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, fair enough. Lets start with an omnipotent God who is all powerful and can see not only see what will happen ,but can controls those events. Now we can stop right here if you claim that God is incapable on seeing and controlling the future. If we go on the fact that he can, then an explanation needs to be offered for Eve's eating the forbidden fruit. Eve has no concept of right and wrong, only that she was told NOT to eat from the tree of knowledge. Now the question is, did God KNOW that she would violate his request? Could he in fact look into the future and see her eating the forbidden fruit? If so, what is the rationale for not only punishing Adam and Eve, but ALL of mankind?
Since you enjoy analogous situations. I know my 5 year old loves cookies. I tell her NOT to eat a cookie, I then leave a cookie in her room, on the bed, knowing full well that as a 5 year old with no one around, she will eat the cookie. I hid around the corner and wait for her to eat the cookie, then spring into her room and punish her for eating the cookie. Is this something you could ever do? Do you see anything wrong with a parent doing such a thing?
Adam was told not to eat from the tree before Eve was created. Then Adam (the serpent) comes to Eve and says, "...did God say" because Eve didn't know, she heard it from Adam. The serpent was a part of Adams anatomy and they were naked, so it was out there. Adam and Eve were given two commandments both concerning sex, one positive and one negative. They were 1) Be fruitful and multiply and 2) No sodomy. The subsequent curse on the serpent was the same as the curse on Adam. Eve was the tree of Life and Adam was the tree of knowledge. The name Eve means life. Carnal relations is called "knowledge".
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That could be your masterpiece composition. You should start writing it now.
Whupping God's Ass in G major.
Make it long so you can savor it that one last time.
I could only write about things that mean something to me, things based in reality, so I wouldn't even know where to start. I suppose I could write about the idea of God, but since I'm almost certain no such entity exists, it seems pointless. If I had to write such a piece based on the idea of God it wouldn't be in a "happy" key like G major, rather a dark and sinister key like G minor Phrygian, or the strangest mode of all Locrian.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Adam was told not to eat from the tree before Eve was created. Then Adam (the serpent) comes to Eve and says, "...did God say" because Eve didn't know, she heard it from Adam. The serpent was a part of Adams anatomy and they were naked, so it was out there. Adam and Eve were given two commandments both concerning sex, one positive and one negative. They were 1) Be fruitful and multiply and 2) No sodomy. The subsequent curse on the serpent was the same as the curse on Adam. Eve was the tree of Life and Adam was the tree of knowledge. The name Eve means life. Carnal relations is called "knowledge".
Piss off Godbot, this conversation is between intelligent rational people, not brainwashed delusional mental cases like yourself. Now go read how your demon God promotes the rape of young virgins.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you say Jesus didn't exist! its your word agaist billions! lets see do I believe the bible and billions of other christians ??? or some atheist chump (snicker) on topix... Im gonna believe the bible.. not the chump
Argumentum ad populum, Clownie? Really?

If you're just going to make noise go play outside. The adults are talking in here.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Argumentum ad populum, Clownie? Really?
If you're just going to make noise go play outside. The adults are talking in here.
you mean the old & ugly!!! why do I hang with these chumps???? A mission from Almighty GOD... He said Bro. Clownie can your handle my rejects???? Clownie reply's no problem
Favorite Adversary

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
Yes, fair enough. Lets start with an omnipotent God who is all powerful and can see not only see what will happen ,but can controls those events.
Okay we'll address this point first. This is an assumption that because God can control what will happen, that He will control what will happen according to our standards. Such a God would not be worthy of worship if He catered to our every whim.
blacklagoon wrote:
Now we can stop right here if you claim that God is incapable on seeing and controlling the future. If we go on the fact that he can, then an explanation needs to be offered for Eve's eating the forbidden fruit.
Agreed.
blacklagoon wrote:
Eve has no concept of right and wrong, only that she was told NOT to eat from the tree of knowledge.
Here, I disagree. She knew the difference between right and wrong. Telling somebody what they can and cannot do, is telling them the difference between right and wrong. What Eve didn't have prior to eating the fruit was guilt. There was no need for guilt when in compliance with God's directives.
blacklagoon wrote:
Now the question is, did God KNOW that she would violate his request? Could he in fact look into the future and see her eating the forbidden fruit? If so, what is the rationale for not only punishing Adam and Eve, but ALL of mankind?
God knew. But God had to allow free will. God decides when to control or influence others and when not to. Now if Adam and Eve had obeyed God, they would enjoy immortality with their creator. By choosing to go against God's directive, they were found unworthy of immortality, and this rebellious trait was passed from generation to generation. Now notice that God didn't kill them outright. He could have, but didn't. But He did remove their immortality when He banished them from His presence and the Garden of Eden.

If God can remove immortality, then He can restore it as well. This is where He makes a promise to Adam and Eve that He will restore eternal life to their descendants.
blacklagoon wrote:
Since you enjoy analogous situations. I know my 5 year old loves cookies. I tell her NOT to eat a cookie, I then leave a cookie in her room, on the bed, knowing full well that as a 5 year old with no one around, she will eat the cookie. I hid around the corner and wait for her to eat the cookie, then spring into her room and punish her for eating the cookie. Is this something you could ever do? Do you see anything wrong with a parent doing such a thing?
I understand what you're saying. But you're viewing this as cosmic entrapment. Yes we love our kids and yes we want them to behave morally without toying with them. We allow them a certain amount of freedom. We allow them to make choices within boundaries of our limitations. Why do we stop kids from rushing into the street? Because we love them and don't want them hurt or killed of course. And there is the difference. We have no power over death. God does. And if that's true, then it's worth it to trust His judgement.

Now you may not agree with my answers, but that's okay. I have told you what I believe as I understand it. I have enjoyed this discourse with you, and I look forward to more if you're willing. Good night my friend.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You said it gaywad.
I don't care what you say!! Im not gonna let you blow me.. But there are atheist on that will. and will blow you back...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I could only write about things that mean something to me, things based in reality, so I wouldn't even know where to start. I suppose I could write about the idea of God, but since I'm almost certain no such entity exists, it seems pointless. If I had to write such a piece based on the idea of God it wouldn't be in a "happy" key like G major, rather a dark and sinister key like G minor Phrygian, or the strangest mode of all Locrian.
Damn, loony, you would be missing your chance if you don't compose something. Make it your requiem played at your funeral. Give it a neat name, like "How I Told God to Fu*k Off, I Didn't Need Or Want Him". You would be an inspiration to millions of atheists. They would buy millions of copies. You could capture the youth market and use that song to point them the right way, yours.

You could be a real hero to the cause. Come on, that will be your last chance to jab a finger into the eye of a mythical evil entity, right?

You can't pass that up. You are the best there is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I don't care what you say!! Im not gonna let you blow me.. But there are atheist on that will. and will blow you back...
You're so damn juvenile, will you ever grow up?

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You're so damn juvenile, will you ever grow up?
I got to you a little huh? LMAO! 8-9-10 I win

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
If you were true to your faith of atheism, Christians and Christianity would not be bothering you in any way and you have no NEED to be on this forum arguing about God. You would never, ever, ever have religion on your mind and have the NEED to blaspheme and scoff at God and Christians.
But because you DO HAVE THAT NEED, it proves you are weak in your faith in atheism and are failing miserably.
I love to watch an atheist having his meltdown.
Atheism does not require faith. This is an atheist forum and the only reason there are arguments on this forum is because people like you come on here and start arguments about your religion and the fact that unbelievers should believe. If you would stay off of this forum that has nothing to do with your religion then everyone would be just fine. No one has a need to discuss your religion with you, it is your need to argue that keeps bringing you back.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I got to you a little huh? LMAO! 8-9-10 I win
I reckon not.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is. We can argue about this for years. Atheism is a faith and it is a religion of failure. I will be watching you in desperation.
No religion no faith and no lies from you changes that

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 164,001 - 164,020 of217,054
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the NCAA Basketball Forum right now

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min mdbuilder 1,034,185
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 47 min Ink 303,156
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Fri Fight On 26,094
Syracuse basketball: Jim Boeheim tells ESPN Tyl... Apr 14 Lenox Da Kid 2
loan offer (Jun '13) Apr 14 Bryan Cranston 81
Burke Calls Shots With The Best (Feb '08) Apr 12 maryann 19
Do you hate UK Wildcats, we DO :-) (Apr '11) Apr 12 plenty 49
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••