Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256555 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#170943 Jul 5, 2013
Ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus" (Galatians 3:26).

"God sent forth his Son, to redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ" (Galatians 4:4, 5, 7).

YEA JESUS CHRIST! MY LORD AND SAVIOR!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#170944 Jul 5, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
DOLP!
(1:9) "Ozias begat Joatham." 1 Chr.3:11-12 lists three generations between Osiah and Jotham (Joash, Amaziah, and Azariah), but Matthew omits all three.
Matthew vs 1 Chronicles genealogies of Jesus.
Lot's two virginal daughters get him drunk and each sleeps with him to "preserve seed" of their father. No disapproval of the drunkenness and incest is even hinted at.(Genesis 19:32)
Likewise, Jesus tells a parable about 10 virgins marrying the same groom on the same night. He utters not one word of condemnation about such an obscene situation, but merely goes on about the lamps and the oil.(Matthew 25)
Women must keep silent and learn only from their husbands.(1 Corinthians 14:34,35)
Women must "submit" to their husbands.(1 Timothy 2:11,12)
Does that include wife-beaters?
It appears to be all-inclusive.
Women must speak to their husbands in fear.(1 Peter 3:17)
Is your wife afraid of you? If not she should be!
Yep, your little guidebook is a true laugh riot!
you're very dumb!!! please don't quote scripture! you're making an @ss outta yourself... Im taking your post to sunday school for some major laughs... and giggles... your education is poor
Imhotep

United States

#170945 Jul 5, 2013
Favorite Adversary wrote:
<quoted text>
I think science is ignored by many because they feel it would shake their faith. I don't see it that way. I think science and Christian theology are compatible. I think those who read the bible and interpret it as comparable to a biology textbook are doing themselves an intellectual disservice, and I think those who are afraid to open a biology textbook are missing an excellent chance to understand the processes by which God created. Each book has it's purpose. The bible tells us the who and why, and the biology textbook (to an extent) tells us how. Why shouldn't we consider them as a collective masterpiece of our existence?
I have questions take a look at this. ;)

http://jdstone.org/cr/files/mithraschristiani...

I find this curious don't you?

This religion, cloaked in mystery and secrecy, has captivated the imaginations of scholars for generations.

Many facts discovered sheds vital light on the cultural dynamics that led to the rise of Christianity.

The National Geographic Society’s book “Great Religions of the World,” page 309 writes; “By Jesus’ time, East and West had mingled here for three centuries. Down columns of boulevards walked Roman soldiers loyal to the Persian god Mithras.”

Mithras was a Persian deity. He was also the most widely venerated god in the Roman Empire at the time of Jesus.

The Catholic Encyclopedia as well as the early Church Fathers found this religion of Mithras very disturbing, as there are so many similarities between the two religions, as follows:

1) Hundreds of years before Jesus, according to the Mithraic religion, three Wise Men of Persia came to visit the baby savior-god Mithra, bring him gifts of gold, myrrh and frankincense.

2) Mithra was born on December 25 as told in the “Great Religions of the World”, page 330; “…it was the winter solstice celebrated by ancients as the birthday of Mithraism’s sun god”.

3) According to Mithraism, before Mithra died on a cross, he celebrated a “Last Supper with his twelve disciples, who represented the twelve signs of the zodiac.

4) After the death of Mithra, his body was laid to rest in a rock tomb.

5) Mithra had a celibate priesthood.

6) Mithra ascended into heaven during the spring (Passover) equinox (the time when the sun crosses the equator making night and day of equal length).

To further complicate this study the origin of Horus the Egyptian God.

That dog won't hunt for me. ;)

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#170946 Jul 5, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
This religion, cloaked in mystery and secrecy, has captivated the imaginations of scholars for generations.
Many facts discovered sheds vital light on the cultural dynamics that led to the rise of Christianity.
The National Geographic Society’s book “Great Religions of the World,” page 309 writes; “By Jesus’ time, East and West had mingled here for three centuries. Down columns of boulevards walked Roman soldiers loyal to the Persian god Mithras.”
Mithras was a Persian deity. He was also the most widely venerated god in the Roman Empire at the time of Jesus.
The Catholic Encyclopedia as well as the early Church Fathers found this religion of Mithras very disturbing, as there are so many similarities between the two religions, as follows:
1) Hundreds of years before Jesus, according to the Mithraic religion, three Wise Men of Persia came to visit the baby savior-god Mithra, bring him gifts of gold, myrrh and frankincense.
2) Mithra was born on December 25 as told in the “Great Religions of the World”, page 330; “…it was the winter solstice celebrated by ancients as the birthday of Mithraism’s sun god”.
3) According to Mithraism, before Mithra died on a cross, he celebrated a “Last Supper with his twelve disciples, who represented the twelve signs of the zodiac.
6) Mithra ascended into heaven during the spring (Passover) equinox (the time when the sun crosses the equator making night and day of equal length).
Broken pencils are pointless .
Imhotep

United States

#170947 Jul 5, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you're very dumb!!! please don't quote scripture! you're making an @ss outta yourself... Im taking your post to sunday school for some major laughs... and giggles... your education is poor
Read this in Sunday school this week.
Bring a large pot to to emphasize your sermon!

"And there was a great famine in Samaria….And the king said unto her, What aileth thee? And she answered, This woman said unto me, Give thy son, that we may eat him to day, and we will eat my son to morrow. So we boiled my son, and did eat him: and I said unto her on the next day, Give thy son, that we may eat him: and she hath hid her son." (2 Kings 6:25-29)

I cannot think of a worse thing to write about than eating your own children.

Boiled her son?

Did she boil him like a lobster, just drop the squirming infant into boiling water, or did she kill him first before putting him in the pot? Bay leaves?

Then explain to Bible class why on earth is such a horrible story is in the "holy" Bible.

Then you can rescue them with this. ;)

Two cannibals walking through the jungle meet on a path

I need some help cooking

What's the problem

The last missionary was tough

How did you cook it?

Oh you know the usual get the water to boil, throw in a couple bay leaves some vegetables...

What was the missionary wearing?

All you know kind of a brown frock with white lace, Very little hair.

Ha ha I know what your problem is
You're cooking it wrong!

Wait for it... ;)

Never boil a friar!

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#170948 Jul 5, 2013
Osama bin-Saban wrote:
<quoted text>> Atheism, agnostics, humanism, non-indoctrinated humans aka "Organized aimless wandering in the wilderness" does not unite those people. Instead it drives them closer to oblivion!
>:/
Yeah One told me the other day I tried to catch some fog . I mist.
Imhotep

United States

#170949 Jul 5, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Broken pencils are pointless .
Secular humanism is a non-prophet belief.
Imhotep

United States

#170950 Jul 5, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Broken pencils are pointless .
There is a Sunday school warmer upper for the crowd!

You can thank me later. ;)

Hitler walks up to the Pearly Gates and says to St Peter, "I'd like to come in."

St Peter: "Not likely!"

Hitler: I've repented and I've given back all the gold and treasures that I stole from the Jews, and I'm really sorry."

At that point, Jesus walks up and asks what's going on.

St Peter: "It's Hitler here, he wants to come in."

Jesus: "Bugger off!"

Hitler: "No, it's true! To prove it, I've got a six foot solid gold cross I can't find the owner of. I could give that to you."

Now Jesus was partial to crosses, so he went to see God.

Jesus: "Hey Dad, I've got Hitler outside and he wants to come in now he's repented."

God: "Tell him to get lost!"

Jesus: "But Dad, he's given back all the gold that he stole from the Jews - except for a six foot, solid gold cross he can't find the owner for. He says I can have it."

God: "And what do you want with a solid gold cross? You couldn't even carry a friggin' wooden one!"

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#170951 Jul 5, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.viewzone.com/mithras.html

Things are never as simple as you would like to believe.
Favorite Adversary

Brooklyn, NY

#170952 Jul 5, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
The entire Mithras comparison was answered over a hundred years ago. It has only become popular in the last 10 years among a younger generation that doesn't know the true story of the Mithras comparisons.

It is true that Mithraism was a competing religion with Christianity, but a very close look will reveal that all of these "supposed" similarities borrowed from Christianity, and not the other way around. Mithraism originated in Persia 400 years before Christ, but in a very different format. In the original format, Mithra wasn't "born of a virgin" at all. He allegedly emerged out of a rock, fully grown. Also, the whole business about having disciples is false. Mithras is often depicted in carvings with either 12 astrological signs (zodiac) or killing a bull which has nothing in common with Jesus. There are no Mithraic scriptures to tell us anything.

Comparisons to Mithras always amuse me. ;)

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#170953 Jul 5, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a Sunday school warmer upper for the crowd!
You can thank me later. ;)
Hitler walks up to the Pearly Gates and says to St Peter, "I'd like to come in."
St Peter: "Not likely!"
Hitler: I've repented and I've given back all the gold and treasures that I stole from the Jews, and I'm really sorry."
At that point, Jesus walks up and asks what's going on.
St Peter: "It's Hitler here, he wants to come in."
Jesus: "Bugger off!"
Hitler: "No, it's true! To prove it, I've got a six foot solid gold cross I can't find the owner of. I could give that to you."
Now Jesus was partial to crosses, so he went to see God.
Jesus: "Hey Dad, I've got Hitler outside and he wants to come in now he's repented."
God: "Tell him to get lost!"
Jesus: "But Dad, he's given back all the gold that he stole from the Jews - except for a six foot, solid gold cross he can't find the owner for. He says I can have it."
God: "And what do you want with a solid gold cross? You couldn't even carry a friggin' wooden one!"
I would banned for life for that one!! Maybe even stoned to death
Imhotep

United States

#170954 Jul 5, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
"God sent forth his Son, to redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ" (Galatians 4:4, 5, 7).
Therefore he smote it; and all the women therein that were with child he ripped up.--2 Kings 15:16

Don't feel bad Mohammad has the same problem... With Infidels like you!

Quran
Allah hath cursed them for their disbelief, so they believe not, save a few.--4:46

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#170955 Jul 5, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Therefore he smote it; and all the women therein that were with child he ripped up.--2 Kings 15:16
Don't feel bad Mohammad has the same problem... With Infidels like you!
Quran
Allah hath cursed them for their disbelief, so they believe not, save a few.--4:46
He said (Matthew 10:32 & 33): "Everyone therefore

Who acknowledges me before others, I also will acknowledge

before My Father in heaven; but whosoever denies Me

before others, I also will deny before My Father in heaven".

Yes, I love God. He is my source of life and my Savior. He keeps me alive day

and night.

Without Him, I am nothing, but with Him "I can do all things through Him

who strengthens me". Philippians 4:13.

This is the simple proof. If you love God and you are a believer and trust

in salvation through Christ Jesus,
Imhotep

United States

#170956 Jul 5, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.viewzone.com/mithras.html
Things are never as simple as you would like to believe.
They're only simple until you look a little deeper...
Horus vs JC

1. Both were conceived of a virgin.
2. Both were the "only begotten son" of a god (either Osiris or Yahweh)
3. Horus's mother was Meri, Jesus's mother was Mary.
4. Horus's foster father was called Jo-Seph, and Jesus's foster father was Joseph.
5. Both foster fathers were of royal descent.
6. Both were born in a cave (although sometimes Jesus is said to have been born in a stable).
7. Both had their coming announced to their mother by an angel.
8. Horus; birth was heralded by the star Sirius (the morning star). Jesus had his birth heralded by a star in the East (the sun rises in the East).
9. Ancient Egyptians celebrated the birth of Horus on December 21 (the Winter Solstice). Modern Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus on December 25.
10. Both births were announced by angels (this si nto the same as number 7).
11. Both had shepherds witnessing the birth.
12. Horus was visited at birth by "three solar deities" and Jesus was visited by "three wise men".
13. After the birth of Horus, Herut tried to have Horus murdered. After the birth of Jesus, Herod tried to have Jesus murdered.
14. To hide from Herut, the god That tells Isis, "Come, thou goddess Isis, hide thyself with thy child." To hide from Herod, an angel tells Joseph to "arise and take the young child and his mother and flee into Egypt."
15. When Horus came of age, he had a special ritual where hsi eye was restored. When Jesus (and other Jews) come of age, they have a special ritual called a Bar Mitzvah.
16. Both Horus and Jesus were 12 at this coming-of-age ritual.
17. Neither have any official recorded life histories between the ages of 12 and 30.
18. Horus was baptized in the river Eridanus. Jesus was baptized in the river Jordan.
19. Both were baptized at age 30.
20. Horus was baptized by Anup the Baptizer. Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist.
21. Both Anup and John were later beheaded.
22. Horus was taken from the desert of Amenta up a high mountain to be tempted by his arch-rival Set. Jesus was taken from the desert in Palestine up a high mountain to be tempted by his arch-rival Satan.
23. Both Horus and Jesus successfully resist this temptation.
24. Both have 12 disciples.
25. Both walked on water, cast out demons, healed the sick, and restored sight to the blind.
26. Horus "stilled the sea by his power." Jesus commanded the sea to be still by saying, "Peace, be still."
27. Horus raised his dead father (Osiris) from the grave. Jesus raised Lazarus from the grave.(Note the similarity in names when you say them out loud. Further, Osiris was also known as Asar, which is El-Asar in Hebrew, which is El-Asarus in Latin.)
28. Osiris was raised in the town of Anu. Lazarus was raised in Livanu (literally, "house of Anu").
29. Both gods delivered a Sermon on the Mount.
30. Both were crucified.
31. Both were crucified next to two thieves.
32. Both were buried in a tomb.
33. Horus was sent to Hell and resurrected in 3 days. Jesus was sent to Hell and came back "three days" later (although Friday night to Sunday morning is hardly three days).
34. Both had their resurrection announced by women.
35. Both are supposed to return for a 1000-year reign.

“Wrath”

Since: Dec 10

Is revenant

#170957 Jul 5, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>He said (Matthew 10:32 & 33): "Everyone therefore
Who acknowledges me before others, I also will acknowledge
before My Father in heaven; but whosoever denies Me
before others, I also will deny before My Father in heaven".
Yes, I love God. He is my source of life and my Savior. He keeps me alive day
and night.
Without Him, I am nothing, but with Him "I can do all things through Him
who strengthens me". Philippians 4:13.
This is the simple proof. If you love God and you are a believer and trust
in salvation through Christ Jesus,

Those chickens believe and trust the person leading them to the slaughter too.

Since: Mar 11

Henderson, KY

#170958 Jul 5, 2013
Did you see a photo on his profile before Dave?

Time to take your meds and get on some dry pants you senile old loser.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Your current avatar suits you very well. Blank. Nothing there.
Favorite Adversary

Brooklyn, NY

#170959 Jul 5, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
They're only simple until you look a little deeper...
Horus vs JC
1. Both were conceived of a virgin.
2. Both were the "only begotten son" of a god (either Osiris or Yahweh)
3. Horus's mother was Meri, Jesus's mother was Mary.
4. Horus's foster father was called Jo-Seph, and Jesus's foster father was Joseph.
5. Both foster fathers were of royal descent.
6. Both were born in a cave (although sometimes Jesus is said to have been born in a stable).
7. Both had their coming announced to their mother by an angel.
8. Horus; birth was heralded by the star Sirius (the morning star). Jesus had his birth heralded by a star in the East (the sun rises in the East).
9. Ancient Egyptians celebrated the birth of Horus on December 21 (the Winter Solstice). Modern Christians celebrate the birth of Jesus on December 25.
10. Both births were announced by angels (this si nto the same as number 7).
11. Both had shepherds witnessing the birth.
12. Horus was visited at birth by "three solar deities" and Jesus was visited by "three wise men".
13. After the birth of Horus, Herut tried to have Horus murdered. After the birth of Jesus, Herod tried to have Jesus murdered.
14. To hide from Herut, the god That tells Isis, "Come, thou goddess Isis, hide thyself with thy child." To hide from Herod, an angel tells Joseph to "arise and take the young child and his mother and flee into Egypt."
15. When Horus came of age, he had a special ritual where hsi eye was restored. When Jesus (and other Jews) come of age, they have a special ritual called a Bar Mitzvah.
16. Both Horus and Jesus were 12 at this coming-of-age ritual.
17. Neither have any official recorded life histories between the ages of 12 and 30.
18. Horus was baptized in the river Eridanus. Jesus was baptized in the river Jordan.
19. Both were baptized at age 30.
20. Horus was baptized by Anup the Baptizer. Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist.
21. Both Anup and John were later beheaded.
22. Horus was taken from the desert of Amenta up a high mountain to be tempted by his arch-rival Set. Jesus was taken from the desert in Palestine up a high mountain to be tempted by his arch-rival Satan.
23. Both Horus and Jesus successfully resist this temptation.
24. Both have 12 disciples.
25. Both walked on water, cast out demons, healed the sick, and restored sight to the blind.
26. Horus "stilled the sea by his power." Jesus commanded the sea to be still by saying, "Peace, be still."
27. Horus raised his dead father (Osiris) from the grave. Jesus raised Lazarus from the grave.(Note the similarity in names when you say them out loud. Further, Osiris was also known as Asar, which is El-Asar in Hebrew, which is El-Asarus in Latin.)
28. Osiris was raised in the town of Anu. Lazarus was raised in Livanu (literally, "house of Anu").
29. Both gods delivered a Sermon on the Mount.
30. Both were crucified.
31. Both were crucified next to two thieves.
32. Both were buried in a tomb.
33. Horus was sent to Hell and resurrected in 3 days. Jesus was sent to Hell and came back "three days" later (although Friday night to Sunday morning is hardly three days).
34. Both had their resurrection announced by women.
35. Both are supposed to return for a 1000-year reign.
http://www.touregypt.net/godsofegypt/horus.ht...
Imhotep

United States

#170960 Jul 5, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I would banned for life for that one!! Maybe even stoned to death
You don't have to worry about it!
you can't get stoned to death on Lemon Diesel!

Now these might qualify for a proper stoning!

A little boy is standing on top of a cliff, looking down at the sea and crying his eyes out. A priest approaches and says, "My child, why are you so upset?"

The little boy turns to him and says, "My mummy and daddy were in their car -- and it just rolled over the cliff and smashed on the rocks down there."

The priest slowly looks around him while unbuttoning his cassock and says, "It's just not your day, is it?"

Q: How does Jesus masturbate?
A:[Mime: place the palm of your hand over your groin, then move your hand away from and towards yourself, as if you were using the hole through your palm.]

What do you give a paedophile who has everything?
A bigger parish.

An Arab man dies and arrives at the Pearly Gates.
"Yes, how can I help?" asks St Peter.
"I'm here to meet Jesus," says the Arab man.
St Peter looks over his shoulder and shouts, "Jesus, your cab is here!"

Henderson, KY

#170961 Jul 5, 2013
At least they got brains...
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>That was the real me, little one. In a stiff cold breeze and in a serious need of a haircut. Which is a condition I am in again now. I have to drive 20 miles to get a haircut.

None of the women in my family were "lookers". They had brains, but not the looks.

Henderson, KY

#170962 Jul 5, 2013
Still waiting for that historical proof that your Jew on a stick Jesus even existed.

Or have you surrendered on that?

Atheists win... As usual.
T-Town Clown wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min John Galt 1,418,162
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr BFL 32,327
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 hr Susanm 311,610
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 22 hr OzRitz 10,064
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 19 JustStop 201,888
mark moel loan house is here for you to uptain ... (Sep '13) Aug 14 Alex 17
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Aug 11 Ceren 9
More from around the web