Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
163,961 - 163,980 of 224,738 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
"O Lord our God, help us tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with their little children to wander unfriended the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames of summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring Thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it ..." ["The War Prayer"]~Mark Twain
amen Im for us
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Thou ego knows no bounds.
When you are working on the level a creator would work, I kinda don't think it would really be too concerned about what you think, or your judgments upon its performance or necessarily take the time to decide if you were worthwhile or not and violate a sort of proposition it left you to accept or not. Sort of take or or leave it, kid sort of thing. After all, it would have a lot of other things requiring its attention.
Now, there is always someone or something willing to listen to your whining, but you will find they expect something from you for the expenditure of their time. Now or later.
You are a caricature of an egotistical person.
My ego knows no bounds?......ha ha ha, and you KNOW what it is to work on the level of a creator. Explain to us all how you come by this knowledge. Has the supreme creator, the creator of all things confided in you? You seem to know the mind of this creator, how is that? Or could it be that you are just pulling shit out of your ass as usual.

Seems to me an all powerful creator would have plenty of time to listen to his creations. Oh, yeah, I forgot, this particular creator is a bit on the whimpy side, needing a whole day to rest after creating the earth.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Favorite Adversary wrote:
<quoted text>
You ask a lot of good questions. I appreciate that you do. I'll answer them as best as I can according to my understanding of the topics. For the sake of brevity let's stick to one subject at a time.
I'll ask you to pick one single subject and we'll discuss it. If I don't know the answer, I'll tell you that I don't know. Fair enough?
Yes, fair enough. Lets start with an omnipotent God who is all powerful and can see not only see what will happen ,but can controls those events. Now we can stop right here if you claim that God is incapable on seeing and controlling the future. If we go on the fact that he can, then an explanation needs to be offered for Eve's eating the forbidden fruit. Eve has no concept of right and wrong, only that she was told NOT to eat from the tree of knowledge. Now the question is, did God KNOW that she would violate his request? Could he in fact look into the future and see her eating the forbidden fruit? If so, what is the rationale for not only punishing Adam and Eve, but ALL of mankind?

Since you enjoy analogous situations. I know my 5 year old loves cookies. I tell her NOT to eat a cookie, I then leave a cookie in her room, on the bed, knowing full well that as a 5 year old with no one around, she will eat the cookie. I hid around the corner and wait for her to eat the cookie, then spring into her room and punish her for eating the cookie. Is this something you could ever do? Do you see anything wrong with a parent doing such a thing?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>My ego knows no bounds?......ha ha ha, and you KNOW what it is to work on the level of a creator. Explain to us all how you come by this knowledge. Has the supreme creator, the creator of all things confided in you? You seem to know the mind of this creator, how is that? Or could it be that you are just pulling shit out of your ass as usual.
Seems to me an all powerful creator would have plenty of time to listen to his creations. Oh, yeah, I forgot, this particular creator is a bit on the whimpy side, needing a whole day to rest after creating the earth.
Wow!!

That Creator should not be looking forward to your judgment and scorn being laid upon him. He might just leave town to escape you.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!!
That Creator should not be looking forward to your judgment and scorn being laid upon him. He might just leave town to escape you.
One can only hope!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>One can only hope!!!
A righteous atheist is a fearsome creature to behold.

Would be kind of neat beholding dueling trumpets in the sky.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Your factually incorrect spam was deleted for being humiliatingly wrong even by Christian standards.

Still waiting for this historical proof Jesus even existed, not some chump's opinion on a fictional character.
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Here is a man who was born in an obscure village, the child of a peasant woman. He grew up in another village.

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

You think the clown chump is bright Dave?

Wow that head injury of your's is getting worse if you think so.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Topix atheists ain't the brightest bulbs, Clownie.

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Lol! Dave using the term thingies and his buddy saying we are made of god stuff!

Lmfao! Sooooo funny!
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>If you can't understand the context of how I use those thingies in, then explaining it in minute detail isn't going to work, either.

I have a fairly broad base of knowledge where I can tie different thingies together immediately. Perhaps I take for granted others do too.

Or something like that,

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Make one about magnets :)
scaritual wrote:
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
A righteous atheist is a fearsome creature to behold.
Would be kind of neat beholding dueling trumpets in the sky.
Dueling trumpets? I'd most likely win!!!! I'd pierce the heavens with my powerful high G.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Your factually incorrect spam was deleted for being humiliatingly wrong even by Christian standards.
Still waiting for this historical proof Jesus even existed, not some chump's opinion on a fictional character.
<quoted text>
you say Jesus didn't exist! its your word agaist billions! lets see do I believe the bible and billions of other christians ??? or some atheist chump (snicker) on topix... Im gonna believe the bible.. not the chump

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Lol! Dave using the term thingies and his buddy saying we are made of god stuff!
Lmfao! Sooooo funny!
<quoted text>
Guy's that say thingies! are gay.. just sayin

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Dueling trumpets? I'd most likely win!!!! I'd pierce the heavens with my powerful high G.
That could be your masterpiece composition. You should start writing it now.

Whupping God's Ass in G major.

Make it long so you can savor it that one last time.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!!
Show nuff did, that sucker is out of town. And left no forwarding address.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Guy's that say thingies! are gay.. just sayin
You said it gaywad.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, fair enough. Lets start with an omnipotent God who is all powerful and can see not only see what will happen ,but can controls those events. Now we can stop right here if you claim that God is incapable on seeing and controlling the future. If we go on the fact that he can, then an explanation needs to be offered for Eve's eating the forbidden fruit. Eve has no concept of right and wrong, only that she was told NOT to eat from the tree of knowledge. Now the question is, did God KNOW that she would violate his request? Could he in fact look into the future and see her eating the forbidden fruit? If so, what is the rationale for not only punishing Adam and Eve, but ALL of mankind?
Since you enjoy analogous situations. I know my 5 year old loves cookies. I tell her NOT to eat a cookie, I then leave a cookie in her room, on the bed, knowing full well that as a 5 year old with no one around, she will eat the cookie. I hid around the corner and wait for her to eat the cookie, then spring into her room and punish her for eating the cookie. Is this something you could ever do? Do you see anything wrong with a parent doing such a thing?
Adam was told not to eat from the tree before Eve was created. Then Adam (the serpent) comes to Eve and says, "...did God say" because Eve didn't know, she heard it from Adam. The serpent was a part of Adams anatomy and they were naked, so it was out there. Adam and Eve were given two commandments both concerning sex, one positive and one negative. They were 1) Be fruitful and multiply and 2) No sodomy. The subsequent curse on the serpent was the same as the curse on Adam. Eve was the tree of Life and Adam was the tree of knowledge. The name Eve means life. Carnal relations is called "knowledge".
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That could be your masterpiece composition. You should start writing it now.
Whupping God's Ass in G major.
Make it long so you can savor it that one last time.
I could only write about things that mean something to me, things based in reality, so I wouldn't even know where to start. I suppose I could write about the idea of God, but since I'm almost certain no such entity exists, it seems pointless. If I had to write such a piece based on the idea of God it wouldn't be in a "happy" key like G major, rather a dark and sinister key like G minor Phrygian, or the strangest mode of all Locrian.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Adam was told not to eat from the tree before Eve was created. Then Adam (the serpent) comes to Eve and says, "...did God say" because Eve didn't know, she heard it from Adam. The serpent was a part of Adams anatomy and they were naked, so it was out there. Adam and Eve were given two commandments both concerning sex, one positive and one negative. They were 1) Be fruitful and multiply and 2) No sodomy. The subsequent curse on the serpent was the same as the curse on Adam. Eve was the tree of Life and Adam was the tree of knowledge. The name Eve means life. Carnal relations is called "knowledge".
Piss off Godbot, this conversation is between intelligent rational people, not brainwashed delusional mental cases like yourself. Now go read how your demon God promotes the rape of young virgins.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you say Jesus didn't exist! its your word agaist billions! lets see do I believe the bible and billions of other christians ??? or some atheist chump (snicker) on topix... Im gonna believe the bible.. not the chump
Argumentum ad populum, Clownie? Really?

If you're just going to make noise go play outside. The adults are talking in here.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••