Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Jul 18, 2009 Read more: Webbunny tumblelog 236,990
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more

“Move into the light.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#170424 Jun 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I believe nothing that lacks supporting evidence.
I believe that after life, life continues, without me.
Some might miss me, I believe that because I miss some of them that
are in their "afterlife". Beyond that I am clueless.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#170425 Jun 30, 2013
Favorite Adversary wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe in afterlife?
I believe that after I die, the atoms that make me will disperse into the environment and may, eventually, be part of other life. Some will. Some won't.

I do not believe in any sort of consciousness after death: consciousness depends on the brain processes that stop upon death.
Bigfoot

Surrey, Canada

#170426 Jun 30, 2013
Atheism requires exactly as much faith as it takes to not believe in leprechauns.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#170427 Jun 30, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that after I die, the atoms that make me will disperse into the environment and may, eventually, be part of other life. Some will. Some won't.
I do not believe in any sort of consciousness after death: consciousness depends on the brain processes that stop upon death.
I don't believe you...
Favorite Adversary

Brooklyn, NY

#170428 Jun 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. I believe nothing that lacks supporting evidence.
The website below is that of Dr.Jeffrey Long. He is a leading researcher in Near Death Experiences.

http://www.nderf.org/
Favorite Adversary

Brooklyn, NY

#170429 Jun 30, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
This story may be of interest to you then :)

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#170430 Jun 30, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Your job as a cult member is to spread your hateful cult through pretending to be polite to people that your bible openly judges as fools.
Bro. Clownie presently standing at ground zero of the Great Pyramid of Wisdom, Knowledge & Truth, has a suggestion for you...

While in your natural position of bending over...
(1) Reach behind your buttocks
(2) With both hands ... grab hold of your scrawny neck
(3) With a mighty tug ... pull your fat head out of your @ss
(4) Take a deep breath of fresh air
(5) Yes, that is daylight you now see
(6) Now, you may give your dumb atheist knuckle-heads an un-muffled cheer

Yours truly,
Bro. Clownie (God's magical elixir with all the answers for those heathens who have their heads stuck up their arse)

P.S.- The T-Town Clown has to apologize for forgetting to tell you to use some KY or Vaseline before you attempted to remove your pumpkin head from your arse. Sorry!!!:)

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#170431 Jun 30, 2013
I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger . Then it hit me !

“Move into the light.”

Location hidden

#170432 Jun 30, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
I wondered why the baseball was getting bigger . Then it hit me !
Next time remember to duck.
Bongo

Brentwood, NY

#170433 Jun 30, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
yer an idiot, the spirit lives on, your future is foreboding

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#170434 Jun 30, 2013
<quoted text>
The website below is that of Dr.Jeffrey Long. He is a leading researcher in Near Death Experiences.
http://www.nderf.org/
A website devoted to anecdotal stories and anecdotal studies.
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#170435 Jun 30, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe you...
Maybe some of Emmet Kelly's atoms are part of you.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#170436 Jun 30, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
The physical consciousness most certainly does.

Glad to see you specified that as a belief, and not an absolute truth.

Space is half the circuit of this existence, Poly. Your ground state. Like a charged capacitor, the energy is released back into the source when the juice stops flowing in that direction, but it does so in the opposite direction and same force. You create a mirror image.

“Move into the light.”

Location hidden

#170437 Jun 30, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> yer an idiot, the spirit lives on, your future is foreboding
Undemonstrative hypothetical nonsense, your specialty. You would call it bullshit, I call it your faith.

“Move into the light.”

Location hidden

#170438 Jun 30, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The physical consciousness most certainly does.
Glad to see you specified that as a belief, and not an absolute truth.
Space is half the circuit of this existence, Poly. Your ground state. Like a charged capacitor, the energy is released back into the source when the juice stops flowing in that direction, but it does so in the opposite direction and same force. You create a mirror image.
Drow Dalas
Bongo

Bay Shore, NY

#170439 Jun 30, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Undemonstrative hypothetical nonsense, your specialty. You would call it bullshit, I call it your faith.
But who gets the last laugh?
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#170440 Jun 30, 2013
<quoted text>
What's your opinion on Near Death experiences?
It's a known fact that the brain when deprived of oxygen will hallucinate, a dying brain will create all sorts of seemingly very real images, the most famous is the light at the end of a long tunnel.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#170441 Jun 30, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe some of Emmet Kelly's atoms are part of you.
Total blasphemy by the "grasping at straws" overzealous, deaf, dumb, and blind atheist!!! FACT!!!

evolution is a whopper

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#170442 Jun 30, 2013
Why didn't Noah swat those two mosquitoes?
Fred

Fargo, ND

#170443 Jun 30, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
A website devoted to anecdotal stories and anecdotal studies.
Dickhead.

http://media.photobucket.com/user/ehumanure/m... [term]=dickhead&filters[pr imary]=images&sort=1&o =57#/user/ehumanure/media/Funn y/dickhead.jpg.html?filters%5B term%5D=dickhead&filters%5 Bprimary%5D=images&sort=1 &o=57&_suid=1372623675 85903494090571250037

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Brian_G 309,318
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr woodtick57 1,208,344
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 hr stewart scott 29,315
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 7 hr litesong 4,989
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 8 hr RiccardoFire 201,838
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... Mon Lora_14 4
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Mar 26 kareeo 14
More from around the web