Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 20 comments on the Jul 18, 2009, Webbunny tumblelog story titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#170340 Jun 29, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Hell does exist. It was created for Satan, the enemies of God and the wicked. It is a black hole and a bottomless pit. God is energy and it flows in a straight line through time and space forever. I had a vision of my own death and I saw hell. The entrance to it is a dark, dirty troubled sea with a whirlpool. It is dark, freezing cold, and noisy and you get sucked into and through it. It exists on earth in the form of the Bermuda triangle, the Devils triangle and the third is in the north atlantic off the coast of Norway. Each serves two continents. The entrances to heaven exist in the same places and is a whirlwind.
none of them exists

Since: Mar 11

Lawrenceville, GA

#170341 Jun 29, 2013
Get some sand in your vadge or out of tampons?
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Yer bad.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/4428380160/hCA41...

Kittens deserve respect too.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#170342 Jun 29, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Hell does exist. It was created for Satan, the enemies of God and the wicked. It is a black hole and a bottomless pit. God is energy and it flows in a straight line through time and space forever. I had a vision of my own death and I saw hell. The entrance to it is a dark, dirty troubled sea with a whirlpool. It is dark, freezing cold, and noisy and you get sucked into and through it. It exists on earth in the form of the Bermuda triangle, the Devils triangle and the third is in the north atlantic off the coast of Norway. Each serves two continents. The entrances to heaven exist in the same places and is a whirlwind.
cool story bro
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#170343 Jun 29, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
This is such a rubbish lie that we are surprised that you are not embarassed to repeat it...
Poor coward with no proof of god, having to lie to people to them to believe...
Weak weak weak...
Death is certain, you'll find out.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#170344 Jun 29, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Is that your idea of comedy?
You're my idea of comedy, sir.

Location hidden

#170345 Jun 29, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Giving a fake phone # out to women he's trying to bang is NOT admirable.
Awwwww, did you call the number, sir?

Location hidden

#170346 Jun 29, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Err... Wow look! A cat!
Err... Look again ! A man !

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#170347 Jun 29, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Death is certain, you'll find out.
Now that is really profound, how long did it take you to work that out?
Favorite Adversary

Brooklyn, NY

#170348 Jun 29, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Very interesting point, you seem to be comparing adult perceptions of life and those of children. Children love to play make believe, love to make up imaginary creatures and beings, magical places, and fantastic adventures. However, most of us outgrow those childish thoughts and accept what reality and science tell us to be true. I do understand those so terrified of death, that they recreate their childhood fantasies. Tell themselves over and over again about this magical land where one can live forever, until they are totally convinced that it is true, dispute a complete lack of supportive evidence. I find it kind of pitiful myself. You go ahead with your magical lands, I'll stick to being an adult and face whatever realities came my way, including death.
What's your opinion on Near Death experiences?

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#170349 Jun 29, 2013
Favorite Adversary wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your opinion on Near Death experiences?
They occur near death

#170350 Jun 29, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Err... Look again ! A man !
Look again! A frog!
Thinking

York, UK

#170351 Jun 29, 2013
Alice? Alice? Who the f**k is Alice?
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You're my idea of comedy, sir.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#170352 Jun 29, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
They occur near death
Near death experiences are all the same with the exception of going up or down. They all describe a tunnel and either a bright light or darkness.

Location hidden

#170353 Jun 29, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Death is certain, you'll find out.
Duh, atheists don't deny that people die.

Location hidden

#170354 Jun 29, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Near death experiences are all the same with the exception of going up or down. They all describe a tunnel and either a bright light or darkness.
I get them all the time when I sneeze hard. Doesnt prove god.

Since: Mar 11

Louisville, KY

#170355 Jun 29, 2013
Replicable hallucinations nothing more
<quoted text>What's your opinion on Near Death experiences?
Favorite Adversary

Brooklyn, NY

#170356 Jun 29, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Replicable hallucinations nothing more
<quoted text>
Are you 100% certain of that?

#170358 Jun 29, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>Near death experiences are all the same with the exception of going up or down. They all describe a tunnel and either a bright light or darkness.
Double Fine then had a few! Double Fine dreams of dark, moist, tunnels. Sometimes going up, sometimes down

#170359 Jun 29, 2013
<quoted text>
Are you 100% certain of that?
No. Only about 99.99999% percent. Give or take a few 9's
Favorite Adversary

Brooklyn, NY

#170360 Jun 29, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr John Galt 1,220,919
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr tom wingo 29,669
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 9 hr TerryE 5,306
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 15 hr Junket 309,690
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Apr 25 Yogurt Nads 82
Conor Clifford 7ft center to commit to Utah. Apr 19 UHB 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 16 ocean 201,862
More from around the web