Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
163,461 - 163,480 of 224,060 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>don't call me dear gay guy
So you get upset being called dear, you would much prefer sisterfucker, fair enough

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>We are not in the UK!!!!! BY THE GRACE OF GOD
Oh thank you lord for small merciesÖ

Is that the royal we?
Favorite Adversary

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Thatís a lie
What ďeveryoneĒ knows it that christians are too pathetic to admit even to themselves that they are lairs
Everybody lies in one way or another. Nobody is immune to lying. As a Christian I do my best to emulate the life of Christ, but I cannot be perfect.
Thinking

Todmorden, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Hatred of others, it would appear.
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
What is required to stay "under the grace of God"?
Thinking

Todmorden, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Calling someone "dear" works on so many levels.
It really smokes out the closet jobs, doesn't it?

Everyone else I encounter takes "dear" at face value or sees the irony, depending on the relationship.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So you get upset being called dear, you would much prefer sisterfucker, fair enough
Thinking

Todmorden, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

I drove past the A43 yesterday to visit my parents in the Banbury area. They already had signs on the M40 proclaiming no through traffic at Silverstone.

I nearly made it to Silverstone this year. I was at Singapore last September. Not a classic race, but a great live spectacle nonetheless.

Quali and the race days looking fine. The showers down here in the Chilterns will clear up by drinkies time tonight. You should gave a great time.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I recorded it, itís worth watching again, especially when your are not totally out of it.
Iíll be down your way (well close enough) this weekend, going to Silverstone, hope the weather improves or Iíll be watching from my hotel room

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Favorite Adversary wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody lies in one way or another. Nobody is immune to lying. As a Christian I do my best to emulate the life of Christ, but I cannot be perfect.
Opinion. Please donít group everyone as thinking the same as you, it is a very christian attitude and quite ignorant and hurtful to those who donít think as you do.

I have no god to lie for, I personally abhor lying and have no tolerance for liars so I do not lie.

Christ is a lie. In such ďemulationĒ christianity is at the very least blurring the boundaries of belief but more usually deliberately confusing the meaning of the word belief to mean truth (or with a capital Truth) or even truthiness, i.e. lying.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Everyone else I encounter takes "dear" at face value or sees the irony, depending on the relationship.
<quoted text>
Ahh but we are talking about DK coco here, you cannot expect any form or values
Favorite Adversary

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Opinion. Please donít group everyone as thinking the same as you, it is a very christian attitude and quite ignorant and hurtful to those who donít think as you do.
I have no god to lie for, I personally abhor lying and have no tolerance for liars so I do not lie.
Christ is a lie. In such ďemulationĒ christianity is at the very least blurring the boundaries of belief but more usually deliberately confusing the meaning of the word belief to mean truth (or with a capital Truth) or even truthiness, i.e. lying.
I think you misunderstood me and if I wasn't clear enough, then I'll be glad to rephrase or clarify at your request.

Now as for your assertion that Christ is a lie, would you care to explain in what way you believe it's a lie?

Are you saying He never existed? If yes, why?

Are you saying He wasn't the Messiah?

Are you saying He didn't rise from the dead?

Answers to these questions would be helpful in sharing dialogue with you. We can also explore the philosophy of belief and truth if you wish to.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2013/06...

Get an old VW. Leave the battery disconnected.

Your child's go kart might come in handy, too.

Bicycles. Bicycles with trailers. Little red wagons.

We would recover faster than that, though.

Nothing like an act of God to get people motivated.

:-)

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
you're queer! we all know it! so is your twin sister Christine

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Hatred of others, it would appear.
<quoted text>
yep thats atheist for you

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Goober! Good to see ya!
Heard you were pulled over on the I-195 a while back?
Do you have an ID?
bout what!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
A man calling another man dear is asking for a good ole nasty butt plucking ... It ain't right to let a man lose his load in your butt-hole... why do you do that??
Thinking

Todmorden, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

Why do you sign in as goober and vote for your DK clunt post?

http://i.qkme.me/3p80b1.jpg

You are dishonest.
Goober Hull wrote:
<quoted text>A man calling another man dear is asking for a good ole nasty butt plucking ... It ain't right to let a man lose his load in your butt-hole... why do you do that??
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

MC shows his art of sing wrote:
MC is the best Protoss player around the world. He is even nicknamed the Protoss president.
MC sang songs passionately in the seventh HomeStory Cup tournament. He performed just like a hot star! Awesome! We all suggest him to be a singer rather than a player. Letís enjoy MCís singing.
video here: http://www.gameguyz.com/news/game/mc-shows-hi...
Holy shit, this is just horrible, do you know anything about music? His intonation is frightful, he gets so sharp when he tries to sing loud. his intervals are not true at all. He has absolutely NO sense of melodic phrasing. To make matters even worse, it a terrible song he's TRYING to sing. Grow up, will ya, listen to some real singers!!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

"Your presupposition is based on naturalism though. Yes, people typically stay dead and do not rise again, but if God is real, wouldn't we expect Him to have that kind of power?"

No, I would expect if God is real that he would make a sacrifice that is genuine, one that people tied to naturalism could understand and accept, not one mired in supernatural mumbo jumbo.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Holy shit, this is just horrible, do you know anything about music? His intonation is frightful, he gets so sharp when he tries to sing loud. his intervals are not true at all. He has absolutely NO sense of melodic phrasing. To make matters even worse, it a terrible song he's TRYING to sing. Grow up, will ya, listen to some real singers!!!
It's summer. Shouldn't you be out to sea serenading flying fish? You done run the squirrels out of the park.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
"Your presupposition is based on naturalism though. Yes, people typically stay dead and do not rise again, but if God is real, wouldn't we expect Him to have that kind of power?"
No, I would expect if God is real that he would make a sacrifice that is genuine, one that people tied to naturalism could understand and accept, not one mired in supernatural mumbo jumbo.
The event left you in a Christianized world. Your entire overdeveloped sense of morality is a product of that. Now get humble and realize that The Force works in ways you can't understand.

Serenade the flying fish. They can't throw fish at you like the porpoises will.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

"Again you have made another good point, but you're thinking of the sacrifice in linear natural terms. I'll explain. Yes, Jesus is one person of the trinity but there's a key difference during His earthly ministry. Jesus chose to limit His powers at times. Just because a powerful being can do certain things does not mean that they will do them."

"What Jesus did was take God's judgement onto Himself during the crucifixion. This is the theological sacrifice. He lived the life we should have lived, and He died the death we deserved to die,(under judgement) and He did so that we wouldn't have to. He defeated death for us."

Of course I'm thinking in linear natural terms, thats what people grounded in reality do. Thats how critical thinking people operate. Are you suggesting we think of this supposed sacrifice in supernatural terms, the supernatural were NOTHING is real? Wouldn't you think that knowing how his creations perceive things, God would have made a genuine sacrifice, one that the common man could understand and appreciate?

A Theological sacrifice? Wonderful!! Theology, the study of that which is only imagined.

Who is to say how I am to live my life? I am the only one who has that power, life's decisions belong solely to me.

No One DESERVES to die, life is beyond precious. All intimations are that this is the ONLY life we have. There is no evidence of an afterlife. I do know what a comforting thought it is to know you can never truly die. The arrogance factor here is astounding. With the entire cosmos in entropy, suns, solar systems, entire galaxies dying, our own sun on its way to total distraction, YOU are so special, that YOU will avoid the cosmic inevitability, and live for ever, Shocking!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the NCAA Basketball Forum right now

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min Buroc Millhouse Obama 1,079,302
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Junket 305,081
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) 5 hr RICK SERVICE 26
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 16 hr PEE PEE PETE 26,649
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Jul 20 Danny 2
loan needed (Dec '13) Jul 20 Danny 4
Hairston's bounceback game highlights big day f... Jul 16 Go go d 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••