Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 243308 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#170259 Jun 28, 2013
Typical day for you eh gloryh@ole?

Lmfao!

Thanks for the laughs idiot!
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>YAWNS after a long shift in the men's room, Snorts male pubics, FARTS semen, scratches herpes infected @ss, belches more semen,

United States

#170260 Jun 28, 2013
I thought it was called like the gameboy ds lol my bad.

I loved the old school final fantasy games especially 7, think I wore my playstation out on that one.

Have you seen the robot chicken pokemon skit? They call Ash Ass and Pikachu is a drunk? Lol! Ash tells the girl when she says she wonders what it's like in a pokeball, and he says I wonder when you are going to shut up and make my dinner.

Lol! Love that one.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Not Gameboy sales, those were replaced a long time ago but the DS, which is what most people play Gameboy games on now. The 3DS is the latest, and may eventually include a downloadable and updated version of the old Pokemon games, which would be so awesome.

I gave up with the Final Fantasy series, since the only one beyond 6 that was any good was 12, and most Final Fantasy fans did not like 12 so I am doubting there will ever be any others I like released.

As to the new 3DS, it's awesome, looking so forward to getting mine. All my friends have one now, save a few, most of those without are just waiting to get their 3DS like me, either through the mail or delayed because of budgeting issues. I should get commission from Nintendo for convincing people to buy one. lol But a quick browse through the downloadable content, capabilities, etc. convinces most gamers it's a good buy. Nintendo announced some time ago that they would be focusing on their portables, I am glad they did, they will be the Apple of gaming but affordable. It's a handheld game console that has all the power and capabilities of many cellphones. Plus the cartridge based system fuels the used gaming market, something Nintendo does not seem to oppose.

United States

#170261 Jun 28, 2013
Well said
ignorance is bliss86 wrote:
<quoted text>the pre determined rage of aceptal proof you speak is not mine its reality and when u stray away from this this is commonly refeared to as "irational thinking and or thought patern" witch is typical of creatinist

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#170262 Jun 28, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>MESSAGE FROM The Rev Clownie TO ALL ATHEISTS: Hurry up and band together to fight Clownie the Anointed. The inept atheist morons that are posting on this thread right now, are making you dip-sticks look almost intelligent. Hurry up now, as those intelligent challenged twits need all the help they can get. And, Clownie the Anointed looks up toward Heaven and says to God, "Is this all the moronic atheists have"? And, God in his majestic voice says to the Anointed one, "I did warn you that you would be facing some of My worst rejects like ChristineM and her twin sister thinking... "Yes you did, Lord!... my bad!"
I see your sister turned you down again so you spent your night beating your head against a wall.

There is no need for anyone to band together to see your lying stupidity. You post shows your complete an utter ignorance of anything not coco the clowns goddidit. Why are you lying again? Do you not realise that being caught out lying is not a good thing and you god won’t like it? Are you too stupid to realise what you are ranting?

SO WHAT GOD?

Even assuming that “atheists” believed in a god to blame (look up the definition of atheist), which god would it be? There are at least 3700 deities and over 2400 of them can be claimed to be the only true god as described in the babble.

You really are too stupid to realise you are stupid

And why people have started calling you DK clown
Favorite Adversary

Brooklyn, NY

#170263 Jun 28, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>So he DID'NT rise from the grave and assigned into heaven? If he did, thats NOT dying. People who make a sacrifice for other die and STAY dead. A very good friend of mine sacrifices his life so that me, and other around me could live. That was a REAL sacrifice, he died so other could live and he STAYED DEAD.
You have my sincere condolences on the loss of your friend. My sister's ex-boyfriend was recently killed when he tried to save the life of another, so I know that kind of sacrifice. But sacrifices take many forms.

Your presupposition is based on naturalism though. Yes, people typically stay dead and do not rise again, but if God is real, wouldn't we expect Him to have that kind of power?
blacklagoon wrote:
If you're bullshit story is real, then Jesus, who is also God, knew that he could truly never die, he knew this before he scarifies himself. He knew that he could never die and would resume his existence after the crucifixion. If someone told me that I could live forever like a God, and all I had to do was suffer for a day, I'd do it in a second.
Again you have made another good point, but you're thinking of the sacrifice in linear natural terms. I'll explain. Yes, Jesus is one person of the trinity but there's a key difference during His earthly ministry. Jesus chose to limit His powers at times. Just because a powerful being can do certain things does not mean that they will do them.

What Jesus did was take God's judgement onto Himself during the crucifixion. This is the theological sacrifice. He lived the life we should have lived, and He died the death we deserved to die,(under judgement) and He did so that we wouldn't have to. He defeated death for us.
blacklagoon wrote:
1.) It wasn't his son, or so the christian doctrine states. God/Jesus/holy spirit, all part of the holy trinity. It is said they are one, so by your own doctrine God scarified himself to himself.
God is three persons within one entity. The nearest illustrative comparison is that of a three man band. Let's use Rush as an example. Rush is a single band, yet with three distinctly different persons. They "are one" in purpose: to make good music. But they still retain separate identities. So it is with God. Three persons within one entity.

Also, the sacrifice wasn't to appease an angry God, it was for us.
The purpose was to absorb every single transgression of humankind past, present, and future onto the one person who didn't deserve it, at a single point in time, to end all blood sacrifices for all of eternity. This was a one time eternal sacrifice, so that we can live forever free from eternal death.
blacklagoon wrote:
2.) God is omnipotent, he can see the future, he knew, hence Jesus knew, that he would assigned into heaven a few days after his crucifixion.
True. But that doesn't negate His sacrifice. Think about it. If only Jesus can resurrect Himself, then it only makes sense that He would allow Himself to die a human death just once, in place of all of us. That doesn't mean we won't experience a bodily death. What it does mean is that we won't die a spiritual death if we trust Him.
blacklagoon wrote:
3.) Hence, Jesus never really died, no sacrifice, it goes down in history as the greatest scam ever, and you poor slobs buy into it. Once again, shame on you for not exercising what meager intelligence you have, to apply critical thinking to this obviously bogus religious story.
It's only a scam if we die and our spirits don't continue on. If we continue to live after bodily death, it's perfectly valid. No scam at all. I can't speak for you, but if I'm going to praise a deity, that deity had better be capable of defying death, and love me so much that I will spend eternity in the company of that deity. Anything less would be a scam.

#170264 Jun 28, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Chrissy babe, everyone knows Christians don't lie.
That’s a lie

What “everyone” knows it that christians are too pathetic to admit even to themselves that they are lairs

#170265 Jun 28, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>she does daily !!!!
That too is a good old christian lie

I have no god so unlike you I have no need to lie

#170266 Jun 28, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Quite positive, wasn't it? Very good.
I'd had a sherbet or two with friends so I'm going to watch it again.
<quoted text>
I recorded it, it’s worth watching again, especially when your are not totally out of it.

I’ll be down your way (well close enough) this weekend, going to Silverstone, hope the weather improves or I’ll be watching from my hotel room

#170267 Jun 28, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>don't call me dear gay guy
So you get upset being called dear, you would much prefer sisterfucker, fair enough

#170268 Jun 28, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>We are not in the UK!!!!! BY THE GRACE OF GOD
Oh thank you lord for small mercies…

Is that the royal we?
Favorite Adversary

Brooklyn, NY

#170269 Jun 28, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
That’s a lie
What “everyone” knows it that christians are too pathetic to admit even to themselves that they are lairs
Everybody lies in one way or another. Nobody is immune to lying. As a Christian I do my best to emulate the life of Christ, but I cannot be perfect.
Thinking

York, UK

#170270 Jun 28, 2013
Hatred of others, it would appear.
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
What is required to stay "under the grace of God"?
Thinking

York, UK

#170271 Jun 28, 2013
Calling someone "dear" works on so many levels.
It really smokes out the closet jobs, doesn't it?

Everyone else I encounter takes "dear" at face value or sees the irony, depending on the relationship.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So you get upset being called dear, you would much prefer sisterfucker, fair enough
Thinking

York, UK

#170272 Jun 28, 2013
I drove past the A43 yesterday to visit my parents in the Banbury area. They already had signs on the M40 proclaiming no through traffic at Silverstone.

I nearly made it to Silverstone this year. I was at Singapore last September. Not a classic race, but a great live spectacle nonetheless.

Quali and the race days looking fine. The showers down here in the Chilterns will clear up by drinkies time tonight. You should gave a great time.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I recorded it, it’s worth watching again, especially when your are not totally out of it.
I’ll be down your way (well close enough) this weekend, going to Silverstone, hope the weather improves or I’ll be watching from my hotel room

#170273 Jun 28, 2013
Favorite Adversary wrote:
<quoted text>
Everybody lies in one way or another. Nobody is immune to lying. As a Christian I do my best to emulate the life of Christ, but I cannot be perfect.
Opinion. Please don’t group everyone as thinking the same as you, it is a very christian attitude and quite ignorant and hurtful to those who don’t think as you do.

I have no god to lie for, I personally abhor lying and have no tolerance for liars so I do not lie.

Christ is a lie. In such “emulation” christianity is at the very least blurring the boundaries of belief but more usually deliberately confusing the meaning of the word belief to mean truth (or with a capital Truth) or even truthiness, i.e. lying.

#170274 Jun 28, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Everyone else I encounter takes "dear" at face value or sees the irony, depending on the relationship.
<quoted text>
Ahh but we are talking about DK coco here, you cannot expect any form or values
Favorite Adversary

Brooklyn, NY

#170275 Jun 28, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Opinion. Please don’t group everyone as thinking the same as you, it is a very christian attitude and quite ignorant and hurtful to those who don’t think as you do.
I have no god to lie for, I personally abhor lying and have no tolerance for liars so I do not lie.
Christ is a lie. In such “emulation” christianity is at the very least blurring the boundaries of belief but more usually deliberately confusing the meaning of the word belief to mean truth (or with a capital Truth) or even truthiness, i.e. lying.
I think you misunderstood me and if I wasn't clear enough, then I'll be glad to rephrase or clarify at your request.

Now as for your assertion that Christ is a lie, would you care to explain in what way you believe it's a lie?

Are you saying He never existed? If yes, why?

Are you saying He wasn't the Messiah?

Are you saying He didn't rise from the dead?

Answers to these questions would be helpful in sharing dialogue with you. We can also explore the philosophy of belief and truth if you wish to.

Since: Sep 08

Olney Springs, CO

#170276 Jun 28, 2013
http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2013/06...

Get an old VW. Leave the battery disconnected.

Your child's go kart might come in handy, too.

Bicycles. Bicycles with trailers. Little red wagons.

We would recover faster than that, though.

Nothing like an act of God to get people motivated.

:-)

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#170278 Jun 28, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
you're queer! we all know it! so is your twin sister Christine

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#170279 Jun 28, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Hatred of others, it would appear.
<quoted text>
yep thats atheist for you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min USAsince1680 1,251,322
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... 13 min Brian_G 1,643
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 6,247
News Giddens Leads New Mexico Over UNLV, 59-45 (Mar '08) Thu Fartman 24
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 30 KeS 201,820
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Jun 29 tom wingo 29,826
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... Jun 28 tom wingo 5
More from around the web