Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 247471 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#170186 Jun 26, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So you'd have us executed?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!! let me get back to ya

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#170187 Jun 26, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So you'd have us executed?
No. You did not answer my question. Instead you responded with a question in order to evade which makes you a coward.
Bongo

Hicksville, NY

#170189 Jun 26, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh gee Dave, did I disappoint you again? Would you like me to dance a jig a certain way for you so you can be entertained?
LOL! Get over yourself.
youre such a glib two balled bitch

“The Edge”

Since: Dec 10

Of Tomorow

#170190 Jun 26, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>whats his name?

T-Town Clown

“There is no god!”

Södertälje, Sweden

#170191 Jun 26, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Still think Hitler was a Christian? A catholic? How about a history lesson?
The Catholic Church in Poland was brutally suppressed by the Nazis during the German Occupation of Poland (1939-1945). Hitler's plan for the Germanization of the East saw no place for the Christian Churches. Repression of the Catholic Church was at its most severe in the areas annexed to Germany, where churches were systematically closed and most priests were either killed, imprisoned, or deported. Church leaders were targeted as part of an overall effort to destroy Polish culture. At least 1811 Polish clergy died in Nazi Concentration Camps. An estimated 3000 clergy were killed in all.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_persecution...
He wasn't an atheist

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#170192 Jun 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
You do try hard to look intellectual, I will give you that.
Coming from the creationist fossil denier who believe that jesus rode on the backs of dinosaurs (even though god wasnt all powerful to talk about the dinosaurs, or convert the atheists for that matter).

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#170193 Jun 26, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!! let me get back to ya
That's what all creationists say when you ask them for proof of the rubbish they type.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#170194 Jun 27, 2013
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Still think Hitler was a Christian? A catholic? How about a history lesson?
The Catholic Church in Poland was brutally suppressed by the Nazis during the German Occupation of Poland (1939-1945). Hitler's plan for the Germanization of the East saw no place for the Christian Churches. Repression of the Catholic Church was at its most severe in the areas annexed to Germany, where churches were systematically closed and most priests were either killed, imprisoned, or deported. Church leaders were targeted as part of an overall effort to destroy Polish culture. At least 1811 Polish clergy died in Nazi Concentration Camps. An estimated 3000 clergy were killed in all.
That does not demonstrate that he was not a christian. Historically christian groups have killed christian groups that disagree with them. Europe's history is full of such examples.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#170195 Jun 27, 2013
Oh I see. It just seems having a full blown console world game would do well. I guess that would hurt game boy sales maybe.

Here's hoping FFxiv ARR will be playable the graphics look nice anyways.
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, but then it would no longer be pocket monsters. ;)

Pokemon was designed for portables, and that's the appeal of it, actually. It's a simple game you can play on the go, and being interrupted for periods of time doesn't kill the game play. Originally they thought it would only appeal to young children too, but the franchise has an appeal for all ages and the market has expanded to even older people. It's also so timeless that people are still buying the old Gameboy versions, though they're getting more difficult to get hold of. But the biggest part of the franchise are the anime and toys, as well as other merchandise. Now with over 600 Pokemon (after the release of X/Y) the game has gotten even more timeless, since the ultimate goal is to get a pokedex entry for every pokemon. Expanding to other consoles would derail it, since it's suppose to be the hook game for Nintendo's portables now, it's the one game that keeps a lot of fans buying the newest system.Also, Nintendo had announced at one point that they were going to focus more on the handheld systems, which is the market they have consistently dominated for a while now.

United States

#170196 Jun 27, 2013
He has a point you can't stop drooling over gay man sex, the size of other men's Johnson and examining them, turd licking amongst others.

Perhaps you are afraid to come out because you are a christhole?

That's sad
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you perform man sex way to much! its your hobby blowing bobby

United States

#170197 Jun 27, 2013
Projection
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>yawn

You lack the ability to inspire or to entertain.

United States

#170198 Jun 27, 2013
Hitler was making a push to have his own brand of Protestantism take over Germany. He was a lifelong devout Christian.
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text>No. You did not answer my question. Instead you responded with a question in order to evade which makes you a coward.

United States

#170199 Jun 27, 2013
Link to this massacre? That would have made the news.

Better luck on your next lie okay?
shine on wrote:
A group of atheists killed almost everyone in my office 3 years ago. They walked in and screamed that they hate Christians and starting killing people. 7 people died that day.
I now hate atheists.

Thank God we had cameras to catch them all. They are now serving 30 years in prison (each).

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#170200 Jun 27, 2013
Goober Hull wrote:
<quoted text>Hey baby it would sure do me good! to do you some good... You know what I mean?
Hey Goober! Good to see ya!

Heard you were pulled over on the I-195 a while back?

Do you have an ID?

Location hidden

#170201 Jun 27, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Hitler was making a push to have his own brand of Protestantism take over Germany. He was a lifelong devout Christian.
<quoted text>
wo Popes served through the Nazi period: Pope Pius XI (1922-1939) and Pope Pius XII (1939-1958). The Holy See strongly criticized Nazism through the late 1920s and throughout the 1930s, with Cardinal Pacelli (later Pope Pius XII) being a particularly outspoken critic.[4] In 1933, Vatican signed a Concordat with Germany - hoping to protect the rights of Catholics under the Nazi government. The terms of the Treaty were not kept by Hitler. According to the Encyclopedia Britannica: "From 1933 to 1936 [Pius XI] wrote several protests against the Third Reich, and his attitude toward fascist Italy changed dramatically after Nazi racial policies were introduced into Italy in 1938."[5]

Pius XI offered three encyclicals against the rising tide of European totalitarianism: Non abbiamo bisogno (1931; We Do Not Need to Acquaint You - against Italian Fascism); Mit brennender Sorge (1937; “With Deep Anxiety”- against Nazism) and Divini redemptoris (1937; “Divine Redeemer”- against atheist Communism). Non abbiamo bisogno directly challenged Italian fascism as a "pagan" movement which "snatches the young from the Church and from Jesus Christ, and which inculcates in its own young people hatred, violence and irreverence".[6] Pius XI also challenged the extremist nationalism of the Action Francaise movement and anti-semitism in the United States.[7]

With Europe on the brink of war, Pius XI died on 10 Feb 1939 and Pacelli was elected to succeed him as Pope Pius XII. The Nazi Government was the only government not to send a representative to his coronation.[8] Pius lobbied world leaders hard to avoid war and then pursued a policy of cautions diplomacy following the outbreak of the war.[9][10]

From around 1942, the Nazis had begun to implement their final solution - the industrial extermination of Europe's Jews.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_PiusXII_and...

Location hidden

#170202 Jun 27, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Pius_XII_an...

Location hidden

#170203 Jun 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That does not demonstrate that he was not a christian. Historically christian groups have killed christian groups that disagree with them. Europe's history is full of such examples.
According to Hitler biographer Ian Kershaw, in Hitler's scheme for the Germanization of Eastern Europe, "There would, he made clear, be no place in this utopia for the Christian Churches.[5] German policy towards the Church was at its most severe in the territories it annexed to Greater Germany. Here the Nazis set about systematically dismantling the Church - arresting its leaders, exiling its clergymen, closing its churches, monasteries and convents. Many clergymen were murdered. Elsewhere in occupied Poland, the suppression was less severe, though still harsh.[6][7]

You have comprehension problems. Read it again. One has to wonder how you are at Science if you are so lousy at history and reading comprehension.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#170204 Jun 27, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>thanks!
Why do you have to change the wording of my posts to big yourself up, you simply look foolish by proving that you are a pathetic and deliberately ignorant liar

Here let me remind you of my exact wording
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope my daddy is called Gordon so once again you are caught with you trousers around your ankles and lying.
Does lying for your god turn you on?
as written in post 170143
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TUGI0DV...

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#170205 Jun 27, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol never! Goober is his own person, I am sure. I heard he was pulled over on the I-195 a while ago
I that so? And I heard he hid his clown mask under the passenger seat
Bongo

Islip Terrace, NY

#170206 Jun 27, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I that so? And I heard he hid his clown mask under the passenger seat
hi cockbreath, whats this about yopu and goober hooking up?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min flack 1,276,946
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 35 min stewart scott 29,943
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr SpaceBlues 6,896
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 4 hr Pastor Pete 201,864
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) Mon RoSesz 310,231
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Aug 20 Jcrombie67 282
Hoophall Invitational - Miami Aug 17 Hoophall 1
More from around the web