Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 239089 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

#170119 Jun 26, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Not much, budgeting a 3DSXL soon, the new Pokemon is announced for October and I have to play it. A bit overly psyched about it, sort of like Christmas to a child, I am anticipating it too much. Other than that, same old things, fighting to improve my health still, what of you?
I hope it is worth it. I hate when they make you wait for games and it turned out to be a brainfart. Remember soldier of fortine, the first one? What a trailer... What a shocking end product

#170120 Jun 26, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Clown prefers men he admitted actually. The only petting he does is of men's genitals by his own admission. Being a Christian in the closet must be difficult.
You been scamming some babes? The only cooter I get to pet is Wifey's, but that's okay :)
<quoted text>
Yo amigo!

Hey, at least you get to pet a cooter. Double Fine is only having one ladg these days ;)

#170121 Jun 26, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Alright and you?
How's life on the Cape? Seems like every other film or TV movie is being shot out there at the mo'.
<quoted text>
Not in Cape Town any more, mate. Moved to where I can see my family more than once a year.

Tough luck with the Champions trophy! You had that match won!

Since: Mar 11

United States

#170122 Jun 26, 2013
Final Fantasy 8- current did the same thing.
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>I hope it is worth it. I hate when they make you wait for games and it turned out to be a brainfart. Remember soldier of fortine, the first one? What a trailer... What a shocking end product
Thinking

London, UK

#170123 Jun 26, 2013
Nearer Bloem?
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in Cape Town any more, mate. Moved to where I can see my family more than once a year.
Tough luck with the Champions trophy! You had that match won!

United States

#170124 Jun 26, 2013
Down to just one yourself? Well I am sure your slump will end soon enough... Double time! It's funny when we are out in public and an attractive sales lady smiles at me she grabs my arm and interrupts the conversation having the sales woman help her instead and will have her running all over the place.

Old or fat sales ladies can assist me all they like. Lol!
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>Yo amigo!

Hey, at least you get to pet a cooter. Double Fine is only having one ladg these days ;)

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Södertälje, Sweden

#170130 Jun 26, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts and data proved that God exists, and they still do. You are not a person of reason.
Show the facts and data so that we have something to laugh at

“Faith means not wanting to ”

Since: Nov 10

know what is true.

#170131 Jun 26, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>When you are in Hell, you will have eternal painful proof. I've written you off as a permanent idiot.
Omsm hell, not hell. Hahahahaha

know what is true.

#170132 Jun 26, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>what you call evidence I call garbage! another ooops science got it wrong again....
The bible didn't get many things right. Why do you believe in that?

know what is true.

#170133 Jun 26, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>Enters Double Fine

To my old friends, followers and disciples. Double Fine is here. Double Fine is back. Bring on the wimmin'!

To those of you who do not know Double Fine, I will offer you this brief intro:

I am the master of disaster,
The man that seems to always go faster.
The King of Kong, The Ding of Dong.
The Sing of Song, The Ping of Pong.
I am the Ayatollah of Rock n' Rolla,
I am the shit and the shinola
I make the ladies scream, I make the people dream.
I am the immovable object and the unstoppable force
I am the eternal Dark Horse.

The Guru of Greatness

The Shaman of Sexy

Double Fine
Lol hi

“I started out with nothing”

and still got most of it left

#170134 Jun 26, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>satan is your daddy
Nope my daddy is called Gordon so once again you are caught with you trousers around your ankles and lying.

Does lying for your god turn you on?

“I started out with nothing”

and still got most of it left

#170135 Jun 26, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Clown-o!!
Roll tide, roll :)
Have you seen Goober Hull around?
LOL

What’s the chances that you remained clownie of his alter ago and like god magic goober will pop back into existence.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#170136 Jun 26, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope it is worth it. I hate when they make you wait for games and it turned out to be a brainfart. Remember soldier of fortine, the first one? What a trailer... What a shocking end product
Yeah, that's why Pokemon games are the only ones I get excited about, they never fail to improve in some way. Actually, they're the only games I preorder as well. But the 3DS is worth it, Nintendo did a great job on that, with the eshop and other awesome features. It's like the DSi but way better. It even has 3D cameras, now that's something really innovative. It has become a palm computer, lol. But the new Pokemon game coming out has the two things I have been waiting forever for in the series, full 3D pokemon, and actual interaction with the pokemon, using Nintendogs style.

Most video games have little to no appeal for me, save some of the classics. Many only entertain me for a week or two.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#170137 Jun 26, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts and data proved that God exists, and they still do. You are not a person of reason.
... like what? We keep asking for evidence of your god, no one has provided any.

Louisville, KY

#170138 Jun 26, 2013
Please show this data and facts. Or will you be drowning infants as you claimed is a mercy and a great thing to do?
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>Facts and data proved that God exists, and they still do. You are not a person of reason.

Louisville, KY

#170139 Jun 26, 2013
As popular as that franchise is I am stumped as to why Nintendo hasn't gone all out with a full on full world Wii-u pokemon world game.

It would make millions!
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, that's why Pokemon games are the only ones I get excited about, they never fail to improve in some way. Actually, they're the only games I preorder as well. But the 3DS is worth it, Nintendo did a great job on that, with the eshop and other awesome features. It's like the DSi but way better. It even has 3D cameras, now that's something really innovative. It has become a palm computer, lol. But the new Pokemon game coming out has the two things I have been waiting forever for in the series, full 3D pokemon, and actual interaction with the pokemon, using Nintendogs style.

Most video games have little to no appeal for me, save some of the classics. Many only entertain me for a week or two.

#170140 Jun 26, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Nearer Bloem?
<quoted text>
Upington, Gordonia district. Closer to Bloem, but still 500 km away. Only 800km from my family. A day's drive

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#170141 Jun 26, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>Facts and data proved that God exists, and they still do. You are not a person of reason.
Elaborate please.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#170142 Jun 26, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>Since your atheism has been growing, crime, terror, unrest, and absurdity has been increasing exponentially worldwide. Christianity needs a reviving comeback to clean up the messes your atheism has left us with.
Isn't it something how a mere 2% of the population has so much power.

Would you have us executed or forcibly converted?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#170143 Jun 26, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
As popular as that franchise is I am stumped as to why Nintendo hasn't gone all out with a full on full world Wii-u pokemon world game.
It would make millions!
<quoted text>
Yeah, but then it would no longer be pocket monsters. ;)

Pokemon was designed for portables, and that's the appeal of it, actually. It's a simple game you can play on the go, and being interrupted for periods of time doesn't kill the game play. Originally they thought it would only appeal to young children too, but the franchise has an appeal for all ages and the market has expanded to even older people. It's also so timeless that people are still buying the old Gameboy versions, though they're getting more difficult to get hold of. But the biggest part of the franchise are the anime and toys, as well as other merchandise. Now with over 600 Pokemon (after the release of X/Y) the game has gotten even more timeless, since the ultimate goal is to get a pokedex entry for every pokemon. Expanding to other consoles would derail it, since it's suppose to be the hook game for Nintendo's portables now, it's the one game that keeps a lot of fans buying the newest system.Also, Nintendo had announced at one point that they were going to focus more on the handheld systems, which is the market they have consistently dominated for a while now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Labor 1,232,664
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 11 min Trojan 29,761
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr Pietro Armando 201,810
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr I Am No One_ 309,866
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... 6 hr Timotion 7
Jayhawks dance team #1 11 hr Jeff 1
News Festus Ezeli and the long, strange trip to the NBA 11 hr tom wingo 2
More from around the web