Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258040 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 08

Rocky Ford, CO

#170158 Jun 26, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
That's an improvement Dave! You went three posts without your bloated narcissism getting in the way! Keep up the good work! I'm sure your theism will make you a better human being yet.
<quoted text>
The fact that religion is so prevalent in their society has nothing to do with their progress in nuclear physics, which necessarily requires the application of the scientific method.
Dang Dave, that was a rookie logical mistake. What did you think was going on over there? Did you think they were refining nuclear materials by repeating passages from the Quran over them and praying? LOL!
<quoted text>
I haven't encountered it then. Seems to me then by your own logic if you really believed that you would not be so smug about people who have not shared your anecdotal experiences.
<quoted text>
My not knowing that the spider wasn't there doesn't mean it wasn't. Critical thinking skills. They are very important.
<quoted text>
"What you were trying to say is" = "I feel more confident arguing with a straw man of my own creation than having a real debate"
That's kinda sad and cowardly, don't you think, Dave?
:-)

You do try hard to look intellectual, I will give you that.

Keep trying. Once you get it down pat looking like one you may get serious and become one. That will require actually learning and understanding WTF you are talking about instead of trying to be glib.

“Jon Snow”

Since: Dec 10

The King in the Nor±h

#170159 Jun 26, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>every time you squeeze them man tits of your husband so do you !!!! YE OLE NIBBLE BITER YOU
You have strange fantasies , and thanks for this picture ya closet killer klown from outer space.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#170160 Jun 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
:-)
You do try hard to look intellectual, I will give you that.
Keep trying. Once you get it down pat looking like one you may get serious and become one. That will require actually learning and understanding WTF you are talking about instead of trying to be glib.
Amusing.

You tried to present that in a fact-free manner, and succeeded.

PS - "instead of trying to be glib" - ROTLMAO! This from you? You reach for glib and snarky first almost all the time. Jeez. Are you really that clueless about your own behavior?

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#170161 Jun 26, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You have strange fantasies , and thanks for this picture ya closet killer klown from outer space.
my fantasies are not for you! with you being gay! get with wilderide he likes hot anal action like you

San Francisco

#170162 Jun 26, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>my fantasies are not for you! with you being gay! get with wilderide he likes hot anal action like you
You focus on gay male sex just a little too much.

“Jon Snow”

The King in the Nor±h

#170163 Jun 26, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>my fantasies are not for you! with you being gay! get with wilderide he likes hot anal action like you
I'm not gay, but you thrive on the subject.
I think you are, you just can't allow yourself to be.
So you take your frustration out on him.
You naughty little killer klown from outer space.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#170164 Jun 26, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
You focus on gay male sex just a little too much.
you perform man sex way to much! its your hobby blowing bobby

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#170165 Jun 26, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not gay, but you thrive on the subject.
I think you are, you just can't allow yourself to be.
So you take your frustration out on him.
You naughty little killer klown from outer space.
why do gay atheist lie?????

“Myself”

Since: Jun 13

Fareham, Hampshire, England

#170166 Jun 26, 2013
I don't believe that the religious are unintelligent I just believe God is BS. I believe once we are dead we are dead and we do not exist afterwards.
What you are about to read, if you do read, is what god is and always will be. You may lose faith and deny it but you will think about.
God is a tool, used by the powerful, believed by the weak. Those who have the power to use god have Kingly power and do not fear because they know but those who do because if they do not follow him then they will visit hell. Let us look at the Middle East, where I live but not born, Saudi is very powerful, why, because the Emir has the right to change or slightly alter the interpretation of the Quran, that is why we are not taught RE here because if they were to question Islam the Saudi's lose control and their power is lost. Here atheists are ridiculed, like myself, because their parents have taught them to do so because they are in power.
This is not the case in the West because we don't need religion anymore, law stated by governments are accepted and religion is something the mass still clings on to. We in the UK I think have got it right, we are primarily a atheist country that doesn't use communism to get the point across but we certainly need a reform of pretty much everything else, but that's for another post. Where I lived we would joke around about gay-ness but generally accepted those who were, nothing like what I have heard from SOME parts of America and I dare say in SOME parts of England, we don't ridicule those of different ethnic origin and accept those who aren't but if we are stirred then we will hate on that ethnic minority like at the moment but we will die down, I hope. Atheism alows for a freer society and a happier one since we don't follow a book we follow our heart or minds. Just to put it out there I'm 13 so there will be mistakes.

San Francisco

#170167 Jun 26, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>why do gay atheist lie?????
Why do fake Christians lie about atheists lying?

Rocky Ford, CO

#170168 Jun 26, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing.
You tried to present that in a fact-free manner, and succeeded.
PS - "instead of trying to be glib" - ROTLMAO! This from you? You reach for glib and snarky first almost all the time. Jeez. Are you really that clueless about your own behavior?
Can you come up with something original in your wit and glibocity? This I know you are but what am I is usually outgrown.

San Francisco

#170170 Jun 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you come up with something original in your wit and glibocity? This I know you are but what am I is usually outgrown.
Oh gee Dave, did I disappoint you again? Would you like me to dance a jig a certain way for you so you can be entertained?

LOL! Get over yourself.
Thinking

Kingston Upon Thames, UK

#170171 Jun 26, 2013
The only second coming DK Clunt will ever experience.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
What’s the chances that you remained clownie of his alter ago and like god magic goober will pop back into existence.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#170172 Jun 26, 2013
Goober Hull wrote:
<quoted text>Hey baby it would sure do me good! to do you some good... You know what I mean?
Hey, Goob, are you and Gomer still sharing the back room down at Wally's filling station?
Thinking

Kingston Upon Thames, UK

#170173 Jun 26, 2013
It's "too". No wonder your ex pretended to die rather than being with you.
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you perform man sex way to much! its your hobby blowing bobby

“Jon Snow”

The King in the Nor±h

#170174 Jun 26, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>why do gay atheist lie?????
I've absolutely no idea ,enlighten me.

Rocky Ford, CO

#170175 Jun 26, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh gee Dave, did I disappoint you again? Would you like me to dance a jig a certain way for you so you can be entertained?
LOL! Get over yourself.
yawn

You lack the ability to inspire or to entertain.

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#170176 Jun 26, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do fake Christians lie about atheists lying?
why do gay atheist only want to (hang-out) with gay atheist..

“Jon Snow”

The King in the Nor±h

#170177 Jun 26, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>why do gay atheist only want to (hang-out) with gay atheist..
Maybe you can explain it?

“YO BOO”

land of BOO

#170179 Jun 26, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I've absolutely no idea ,enlighten me.
you tell me gay atheist? many of us anoited christians want to know....

COME ON OUT BOY!!!!!!!!!! YA HEAR

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min AmericaTRUMPEDign... 1,458,610
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Truth is might 312,702
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 9 hr Bruin For Life 32,599
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Mon Yin 17
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Dec 2 Go Blue Forever 57
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Nov 28 Local Warming 10,372
Should child beauty pageants be banned? (Sep '14) Nov 22 Heatherfeather 780
More from around the web