Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258480 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Mar 11

United States

#169963 Jun 25, 2013
Lmfao! Presuppositionist epic failure!
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>No.

It is a revelation we are all born with.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#169964 Jun 25, 2013
Joe fortuna wrote:
<quoted text>. No science needs evidence and there isn't any either way.
Science has all the evidence to disprove all god that theists can imagine up.

If theists god were real, they would not be called religion - they would be accepted as science.

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

...I whispered to my coffee

#169965 Jun 25, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>and you want his wrath on you? what a fool
What wrath? What his?

Your empty and meaningless threats are exact that, empty and meaningless threats

However if you get turned on by crapping you pants over a bronze age myth then thatís entirely up to you.

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

...I whispered to my coffee

#169966 Jun 25, 2013
susanblange wrote:
<quoted text>I am not a Christian and the living God was around long before there was even an Egypt. She was present in the garden of Eden. God gave us life and it is in Gods power to take it away.
Yes you have said this before, who cares what you are or how you distort your belief, you make christian proclamations with nothing to back them up. In the words of the late and great Douglas Adams,ďIf it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.Ē

According to the timeline of the Tanakh (and OT) then Egypt far outdated Adam and Eve. Sorry, I did not write the books (nor did I edit them) and any evidence they offer is sadly lacking when compared to fact.

“Be strong ...”

Since: Nov 10

...I whispered to my coffee

#169967 Jun 25, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>I go to a christian doc... atheist are dumb
Ahh right so you prefer bronze age witchcraft, fair enough

I know several doctors, all will tell you the same thing. When you are lying on a trolley with you leg hanging off, not one of you will ever ask about the doctors religious belief.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#169968 Jun 25, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh right so you prefer bronze age witchcraft, fair enough
I know several doctors, all will tell you the same thing. When you are lying on a trolley with you leg hanging off, not one of you will ever ask about the doctors religious belief.
same goes for you ... BTW atheist are dumb peeeps

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#169969 Jun 25, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Science has all the evidence to disprove all god that theists can imagine up.
If theists god were real, they would not be called religion - they would be accepted as science.
your god science can't get the weather right. And has no proof that there is no GOD! if so lets see it... I want real proof!not some pumpkin head science guy out there saying I think so...

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#169970 Jun 25, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>
I can picture you at the end of your life being like Charles Darwin on his deathbed ... calling out to God for forgiveness for your disrespectfulness to His children.
A story known to be false, by the way.

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#169971 Jun 25, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What wrath? What his?
Your empty and meaningless threats are exact that, empty and meaningless threats
However if you get turned on by crapping you pants over a bronze age myth then thatís entirely up to you.
Hardy-har-har! I, being anointed by God to do battle against atheists, and other lost in the wilderness morons,like you and thinking,Clownie cannot be insulted. Try as you may, it is against all the laws of physics to insult yours truly. Physically, and mentally stronger than steel, blessed by God with Heavenly knowledge, and wisdom. That gives me unbreakable strength to fight off miniscule, unintelligent, and in reality, out and out stupid morons like yourself & thinking. I have faith in God, the maker of everything, even losers like you (which proves God has a sense of humor). You brainless dip-sticks strengthen my faith, and my resolve. Now, get off your daddy's computer before he comes home and sticks you with his pitchfork.
ya hear

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#169972 Jun 25, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
A story known to be false, by the way.
you know this how?

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#169973 Jun 25, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>your god science can't get the weather right. And has no proof that there is no GOD! if so lets see it... I want real proof!not some pumpkin head science guy out there saying I think so...
Let me stop you right there clowny.

Your cult believed that the earth was flat and had people killed that didn't accept it as flat.

Game over troll.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#169974 Jun 25, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Hardy-har-har! I, being anointed by God to do battle against atheists, and other lost in the wilderness morons,like you and thinking,Clownie cannot be insulted. Try as you may, it is against all the laws of physics to insult yours truly. Physically, and mentally stronger than steel, blessed by God with Heavenly knowledge, and wisdom. That gives me unbreakable strength to fight off miniscule, unintelligent, and in reality, out and out stupid morons like yourself & thinking. I have faith in God, the maker of everything, even losers like you (which proves God has a sense of humor). You brainless dip-sticks strengthen my faith, and my resolve. Now, get off your daddy's computer before he comes home and sticks you with his pitchfork.
ya hear
When you're brave enough to prove your god, your opinions about reality will matter.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#169975 Jun 25, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you know this how?
Evidence, honesty and proof. The things you stand against.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#169978 Jun 25, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>you know this how?
Answers in Genesis, for one, says the story is false.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/2009...
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#169980 Jun 25, 2013
atheism is evil wrote:
<quoted text>
When you are in Hell, you will have eternal painful proof. I've written you off as a permanent idiot.
A real Christian would not post in this manner. You are a fake.

Try taking the plank out of your own eye.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#169981 Jun 25, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Simply and laughably false. Science is based on the fact that things exist. You believe this is due to a deity, but that is not a required assumption to be able to do science. In fact, the actual observations of reality often directly contradict the Biblical descriptions.
Yes, science is based on the self evident truth that things exist in a universe that adheres to causality.

Empiricism is founded on that as well.

The problem with atheistic empiricism, is that if can never justify itself above the experiences of the human mind.

So the human mind and its reasoning become the standard by which empiricism is measured.

Would you agree with that.

That the ultimate standard for your "truths" are your senses?

In other words, you can rise no higher than the reliability and capacity of your senses when it comes to measuring the universe.

Now here is the interesting part, what if there is something higher than your senses in your experience that drives how your senses are used?

What if you have an inbuilt desire to see the world contrary to its reality?

What do you do then?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#169982 Jun 25, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>Hardy-har-har! I, being anointed by God to do battle against atheists, and other lost in the wilderness morons,like you and thinking,Clownie cannot be insulted. Try as you may, it is against all the laws of physics to insult yours truly. Physically, and mentally stronger than steel, blessed by God with Heavenly knowledge, and wisdom. That gives me unbreakable strength to fight off miniscule, unintelligent, and in reality, out and out stupid morons like yourself & thinking. I have faith in God, the maker of everything, even losers like you (which proves God has a sense of humor). You brainless dip-sticks strengthen my faith, and my resolve. Now, get off your daddy's computer before he comes home and sticks you with his pitchfork.
ya hear
Could you make it a bit more difficult to tell that you use the idea of god to pump up your ego? It's fun decoding and deconstructing fundies, but you make it too easy. "anointed by god to do battle..." "Blessed by god with heavenly knowledge..." Etc. Hilarious.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#169983 Jun 25, 2013
mtimber wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, science is based on the self evident truth that things exist in a universe that adheres to causality.
Empiricism is founded on that as well.
The problem with atheistic empiricism, is that if can never justify itself above the experiences of the human mind.
So the human mind and its reasoning become the standard by which empiricism is measured.
Would you agree with that.
That the ultimate standard for your "truths" are your senses?
In other words, you can rise no higher than the reliability and capacity of your senses when it comes to measuring the universe.
Now here is the interesting part, what if there is something higher than your senses in your experience that drives how your senses are used?
What if you have an inbuilt desire to see the world contrary to its reality?
What do you do then?
What if it doesn't matter if there is something higher than our senses because we can still only see it with our senses?

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#169984 Jun 25, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you quite understand the meaning of the word "revelation"
I am perfectly clear.

We are all born with a knowledge of Gods existance.

People have three responses to that knowledge typically.

1. They seek to embrace it.
2. They seek to run from it.
3. They seek to destroy it and deny it.

Atheism is clearly in the third group.

The carnal heart is so contrary to God and so antagonistic towards Him that it will even deny reality to preserve itself.

And this is really what atheism is founded, an attempt to destroy God and His revelation to humanity.

There are two choices the atheist is faced with,(or the anti-theist, which is really the correct term for an atheist).

1. Have the carnal nature destroyed.
2. Destroy God and all knowledge of Him.

The desire to destroy God can be so powerful that the carnal mind and heart will even come to the place where it has so obscured the knowledge of God, that it will self deceive itself to protect itself.

It will deny reality in order to maintain itself.

This can be evidenced very simply by the arbitrary and contradictory belief systems of those that want to destroy God so they can preserve their rebellion and carnal nature.
susanblange

Norfolk, VA

#169985 Jun 25, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
The bible states the earth is square, flat and rests on top of pillars. You agree?
<quoted text>
The bible says the earth is round (Isaiah 40:22) and "hangs the earth upon nothing". Job 26:7.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min OBama Muslim 1,685,672
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 min June VanDerMark 326,802
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 21 min Long Dongluv 35,377
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr WelbyMD 12,084
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Jan 17 Sweet 293
News Horsechief commits to Pacific (Mar '06) Jan 4 NicePhartts 8
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Dec 24 Randy from Wooster 201,884
More from around the web